Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131823 ... LastLast

Thread: Regent Heights quite impressive

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

You don't have to twist my words to suit your convenience and slandering. I repeat again for all to see:

Your a 3+1 but 1163 sqft unit? Wow! 16 years ago they already started building MM 3+1 bedders? Room so small cozy for doggie?

Above is what I said. I just can't see how 1163 sqft can squeeze in liveable 3+1 rooms on top of liveable living, dinning rooms, 2-3 bathrooms and a kitchen and air-con ledges. Won't the rooms be too small? This is no difference from my previous opinion I stated previously that to me, a 1BR or studio <600 sqft is an MM, a 2BR of <800 sqft is an MM, a 3BR <1000 sqft is an MM. Similarly, a 3+1 or 4BR <1200 sqft is also an MM. As such, regardless of where the apartment unit is (even if in D9-D11, and D1 like The Sail), if they are so small relative to the number of Bedrooms, they are just MM, built for doggies and Mickeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    I think you deserve to be called a mongrel by everyone in this forum. You are implying that everyone in this forum who lives in a unit 1163sf or smaller is a doggie? Then are you telling me that 80% of the Singapore population and those who live in small apartments below 1000sf at The Sail and other D9, 10 and 11 condos are doggies?

Fellow forumers, you now see what kind of shallow person this mongrel called teddybear is. You can mark his words below.
    Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    My place got no view but why people willing to pay 8x that of your Regent Heights unit? You has the answer?
    Your a 3+1 but 1163 sqft unit? Wow! 16 years ago they already started building MM 3+1 bedders? Room so small cozy for doggie?

Teddy, be a gentleman, please name the CCR that u own and the bedders for comparism. If not willing to share, then dun pick on regent heights.

We can then see a direct comparism between the two projects.

I don't condemn a condo hoping to buy cheap and then sing song about how impressive of the same condo hoping to talk up the condo .

If I see someone is trying to ask people to buy lousy condo, I will step in to raise the awareness of this lousy condo.. You traced back and you will get the whole picture. Can't bear to see people lose money due to someone with selfish self-interest.

If people still want to bite this condo, then they take their own risk lor.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Teddy, be a gentleman, please name the CCR that u own and the bedders for comparism. If not willing to share, then dun pick on regent heights.

Last edited by teddybear; 01-02-11 at 09:10.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984

Fair statement. Maybe one of yr ccr investment unit.

i dun know where regent height is

as far as RH is concerned, i dun support either Teddy or Regulator on this

but i am curious how R can switched from NOT liking it ..came out with a list of WHY SHUD NOT BUY ..

and then became an owner recently himself ...

yes he may have bought it 100k cheaper ...maybe he has insider info ...

but still abit hard , at least for me, to go from NOT LIKING IT, to becoming an investor of it ...

hope he can share with us more on this aspect...

otherwise lets all move on ... away from this issue ... kind of disheartening to see 2 very seasoned members engaging in verbal war ...

You sure Regent Heights is best value for money? What about not best value for time since need to walk 15-20mins to Bukit Batok MRT station?
    You can see this thread for more details on the cons (mostly): http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=9204

Below is the comments from a fellow forumer:

Be extremely careful about buying Regent Heights. My friend just sold her regent heights 3 bedder and she had been living there for 10 years. The following are the list of problems:

1) the workmanship for the project is poor and she said that partition between certain walls are partition board and not even concrete.
    2) the central heater is hidden and unreachable without hacking, a rather strange feature i thought (u need to confirm that)
    3) The surrounding area is very poorly maintained and the lifts at the multi-storey carpark have been vandalised without being repaired for some time
    4) Too many strange people walking in and out of the condo and you won't feel like you are living in a Singapore property
    5) Go to every lift lobby and see the number of bicycles parked there and you will think twice about living there. The bicycles are messily strewn all over the place and many are rusty bicycles. We are not talking about a few bicycles here and there, we are talking about 30-40 bicycles at the lobbies, making the entire place look so cheapskate coz you see parapoondeks and mainlanders paddling to and from work everyday in their rusty 2 wheelers.
    6) The last time I went there, the trees in the projects were not well-maintained as well. Sometimes dead leaves everywhere and not swept by the management.

My conclusion for this project....

I think The Jade is a better choice since 50m from Bukit Batok MRT station, just beside West Mall and NTUC Fairprice, etc, and near bus interchange for direct bus to many places if don't want to take MRT.
    i am not a supporter of regulator or teddybear. but for this i support teddybear. cannot imagine an opinion of a project can be so contradicting by a same person within a short period of time.
    1st - it is a CMI project
    2nd - bought for investment
    how can a CMI project be bought for investment?
    if want to buy RH for investment, why want to condemn RH in the 1st place? hidden agenda?

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    Well it all depends on entry price I guess. Even if RH is not a nice place to stay RELATIVELY ,if its 100-200k cheaper due to firesale it make sense financially even if it's upside potential is relatively lesser.

But Teddy did bring out an impt point on LH house that u might wanna take note. Depreciation of asset. Think this is apparent if property age hits 20plus. U might be having positive cash flow now(relative to entry price) but have to be careful n offload be4 the property turns too old n loses it value. On the depreciation point I agree with Teddy.

Nothing beats rental yield on HDB.
    As i said before, sometime teddy do make valid comment. Howeve, laterly he is very desperate and keep sprouting nonsense and attack those who stay in HDB and OCR (i.e. relatively "poor") and sing stupid song about his CCR. He use his dog eye to look at people and such scum should not exist at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel
    There are different types of people using this forum. Some to find important info to buy or sell units. Some use it to promote their development so that it gets good response and then prices increase. Once increase, they would quickly sell their unit. Some condemn the development so that no buying activities would happen, then the buyers would buy at a lower price. The cycle continues.

One most important thing to note... Many buyers and sellers don't use this forum. If you realized, we only see the same nicks here.
    Hi, Mygeemeel, I think alot of people from different fields/trade read the forum..they may lurk around just extacting info..
    My view is the info obtained here is just for reference and may add some value to your personal knowledge or info you already have for certain project..I think a useful way to use the forum is to get the info and than check out the place personally and try to verify the claims stated in the forum by oneself... instead of following blindly what has been stated especially the good points claimed maybe the opposite in the actual case...an abode sometimes is a very personal matter...

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    Fair statement. Maybe one of yr ccr investment unit.
    me curious also, Teddy since Regulators shared his investment unit you should share yours mah. Level the playing field...

How to have level play? How to compare my CCR condo with his OCR condo? g

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    me curious also, Teddy since Regulators shared his investment unit you should share yours mah. Level the playing field...

Strongly support the idea of tracing back the thread and see for yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by peterng8
    Hi, Mygeemeel, I think alot of people from different fields/trade read the forum..they may lurk around just extacting info..
    My view is the info obtained here is just for reference and may add some value to your personal knowledge or info you already have for certain project..I think a useful way to use the forum is to get the info and than check out the place personally and try to verify the claims stated in the forum by oneself... instead of following blindly what has been stated especially the good points claimed maybe the opposite in the actual case...an abode sometimes is a very personal matter...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

but i am curious how R can switched from NOT liking it ..came out with a list of WHY SHUD NOT BUY ..

but still abit hard , at least for me, to go from NOT LIKING IT, to becoming an investor of it ...

otherwise lets all move on ... away from this issue ... kind of disheartening to see 2 very seasoned members engaging in verbal war ...

Hi, cristicism can be given but not to the extreme so as to give oneself some leeway in time to come when you need it....my 2 cent view(My experience tells as I owned a place eventually where I did not not like it initially...

ppty is subjected to pricing....facing MSCP selling at half price....how about tat? spott18 selling 30% discount...i will grab a few too even though i say its for mickeys....haha
    anyway Happy CNY! HUATX3!

When I visited rh in april, I did see certain things I didn't like about the development, but I later deviated from personal feelings and took a gamble on the place for its investment potential. If I buy for rental, I consider a development with a lot of foreigners a plus point coz it speaks a lot about the desirability of the place for rental purposes. To be honest, I still do not like the bicycles parked at the ground floor certain maintenance issues, but the investment value far outweighs all these trivial things. 770k for a 3 bedr in RH is seriously not a lot and having to buy an undervalued property was my main motivation (owner trusted this unscrupulous agent too much). At least I care to share about my investment with fellow forumers and my investment views on this project, but sime crazy mongrel has been doing nothing but barking at all the nasty things against RH and any 99yr LH OCR property.
    Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

Would you buy RH at his so-called market rate of 900K now for his 3BD 1163ft and 820K for 2BD? But he still asked/PMed people to buy!

Here goes the intention. Condemn the condo first to buy cheap and then talk up the condo and call people to buy subsequently...

IF OCR condo is >600psf now, I also sapo lah..

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    ppty is subjected to pricing....facing MSCP selling at half price....how about tat? spott18 selling 30% discount...i will grab a few too even though i say its for mickeys....haha
    anyway Happy CNY! HUATX3!
    Last edited by teddybear; 01-02-11 at 10:15.

Would you buy RH at his so-called market rate of 900K now for his 3BD 1163ft and 820K for 2BD? But he still asked/PMed people to buy
    in the first plc, i dare not buy >10yo 99LH....unless cheap cheap....gd time to shop older 99LH when during recession....gd example...international plaza...drop alot in 2009....

but tat just me....i wana buy with a peace of mind ......

sidetrack: i will nvr consider a 2nd hand car more den 3yrs old(out of warranty) too

in the first plc, i dare not buy >10yo 99LH....unless cheap cheap....gd time to shop older 99LH when during recession....gd example...international plaza...drop alot in 2009....

sidetrack: i will nvr consider a 2nd hand car more den 3yrs old(out of warranty) too
    Agree with you totally.

Guess for each one, the level of "peace of mind" is different. For me, I am also like you. Peace of mind, quite important, don't want to buy something and worry once i let go the cheque.

good view to share..

Would you buy RH at his so-called market rate of 900K now for his 3BD 1163ft and 820K for 2BD? But he still asked/PMed people to buy!

Here goes the intention. Condemn the condo first to buy cheap and then talk up the condo and call people to buy subsequently...

Yeah, limited upside now and coming months. Gonna be tougher when project gets older since already 10 year old now.

How can you lie about things you don't know. I told a fellow forumer if I come across a good buy, I will pm the person, I did not pm the person to buy a 3 bedr at 900k out a 2 bedr at 820k, what a big liar you are

You said that the price has gone up to more than 100k for your 3BD, so 900K and 820K for 2BD now. Am I right?

Then, you sing song about how impressive is this condo and make buying call..

You PMed people to other if you come across good buy!
    You don't deny this! and now try to twist and turn and said I am a liar...

How can you lie about things you don't know. I told a fellow forumer if I come across a good buy, I will pm the person, I did not pm the person to buy a 3 bedr at 900k out a 2 bedr at 820k, what a big liar you are

Don't talk about upside lah.. you have plenty rooms for downsides if you buy RH..

Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel
    Yeah, limited upside now and coming months. Gonna be tougher when project gets older since already 10 year old now.
    Last edited by teddybear; 01-02-11 at 10:52.

This is a personal choice, no right or wrong. I was looking at international plaza in 09 too. LH can be gd too.

Anyway, things do change, opinions do change and interest do change. Can't hold people's past words forever. There is a fine line between good and bad, right or wrong. Just take your own bet with your hard earned money. The winner smiles and the loser cries.

Happy new year everyone... Must fhuat and not fight!

you are one big liar 100%. I have never PMed anyone about any unit in RH i dare say. I did say the price has gone up and i only told a fellow forumer that i would PM the person if there are any good buys, so don't say things that are not true and admit that you are wrong if you still call yourself a male.

You said that the price has gone up to more than 100k for your 3BD, so 900K and 820K for 2BD now. Am I right?

Then, you sing song about how impressive is this condo and make buying call..

You PMed people to other if you come across good buy!
    You don't deny this! and now try to twist and turn and said I am a liar...

If you buy RH at the price of 900K now, then your yield will then be 3.8%. This make very poor investment with already 16 year old LH.

4.5 to 5% is good if it is Freehold but now for the leasehold because you have to consider the LH depreciation...

Below was my last post to meteoriz. I think teddy, your credibility has gone a notch lower from being a crazy mongrel to a crazy lying mongrel.

Have you found a unit to get? If you haven't, I can recommend you good buys when I come across any.

You had already admitted that you did say the price has gone up and agreeing with what I quoted. Knowing that the price had gone up so high, how can you still say that it is a good buy and still want to recommend people for the unit you think it is good!
    Here goes your motive and credibility!!
    you are one big liar 100%. I have never PMed anyone about any unit in RH i dare say. I did say the price has gone up and i only told a fellow forumer that i would PM the person if there are any good buys, so don't say things that are not true and admit that you are wrong if you still call yourself a male.
    Below was my last post to meteoriz. I think teddy, your credibility has gone a notch lower from being a crazy mongrel to a crazy lying mongrel.

i said i will recommend good buys to the forumer when one comes along. not every unit is sold at a high, some units like mine is sold below valuation.

If you got nothing constructive to say, just tiam tiam lah. crazy lying mongrel barking here and there

You had already admitted that you did say the price has gone up and agreeing with what I quoted. Knowing that the price had gone up so high, how can you still say that it is a good buy and still want to pm people for the unit you think it is good!

Here goes your motive and credibility!!

Let's share what you think it is a good buy? Is it 850K or 900K? Dare not to mention? or even higher?

Even at your purchased price, I don't think it is a good bargain for the reasons that I have mentioned many times...

i said i will recommend good buys to the forumer when one comes along. not every unit is sold at a high, some units like mine is sold below valuation.

If you got nothing constructive to say, just tiam tiam lah. crazy lying mongrel barking here and there