Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 611161718192021

Thread: MY MANHATTAN - Simei Street 3 Condo by CEL Development

for digital lock please use those cheap batteries ... do not use energizer and alike as it would kill the digital lock

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki View Post
    I have been using my yale digital lock for over 5 years. No such problem at all. I still think Yale is still better compared to korean brand.
    Probably so I reckon too... If still have issue, might as well change to using Yale.

Quote Originally Posted by kellogs View Post
    for digital lock please use those cheap batteries ... do not use energizer and alike as it would kill the digital lock
    It is true. I stopped using alkaline batteries after it damaged my electronic gadgets.

Below is an explanation (from the web) on why alkaline batteries leak and its effects on electronic gadgets.

The reason for leaks is that as batteries discharge — either through usage or gradual self-discharge — the chemistry of the cells changes and some hydrogen gas is generated. This out-gassing increases pressure in the battery. Eventually, the excess pressure either ruptures the insulating seals at the end of the battery, or the outer metal canister, or both. In addition, as the battery ages, its steel outer canister may gradually corrode or rust, which can further contribute to containment failure.

Once a leak has formed due to corrosion of the outer steel shell, potassium hydroxide absorbs carbon dioxide from the air to form a feathery crystalline structure of potassium carbonate that grows and spreads out from the battery over time, following along metal electrodes to circuit boards where it commences oxidation of copper tracks and other components, leading to permanent circuitry damage.

The leaking crystalline growths can also emerge from seams around battery covers to form a furry coating outside the device, that corrodes any objects in contact with the leaking device.

Yeah, I'm waiting mine to conk out before getting a Yale ...
    Help to propagate this! Everyone deserves a safer home!
    https://www.facebook.com/SaveJalanSuka

Hi all Manhattan owners, now is the best time to refinance your property loans as the first disbursement was on september 2012 and its within 6 month from today which means you won't have to worry about paying more to your loans upon 3 years lock-in being served.
    Do PM me if you have any queries and i'll try my best to render you any assistance you require.