Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: H20 RESIDENCES - Sengkang Condo by City Developments Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80
    Went down for the H2O preview on 4th March evening. A huge turnout and avalanche of shoes and slippers outside the showflat.

The showflat only has the 3 bedroom (1130sqft) and the 4 bedroom (1389sqft) on display. No 2 bedder was featured....probably CDL was worried over the relatively small size of the 2 bedders which may turn off prospective buyers. At only 743sqft to 883sqft for 2 and 2+1 unit type, buyers who bought will most likely be looking at rental investment and exclusive usage of the numerous facilities being proposed by CDL, rather than own stay.

Good points on this project:
    (1) Just next to Layar LRT Station. (Please also see "Not so good Point"-not near to main MRT).

(2) A lot of people kept mentioning that it is in a remote location. This is not true especially for those very familiar with the North East District. Access to the SLE, CTE, TPE and KPE are good.

(3) Amenities such as NTUC Fairprice and Foodcourt are within walking distance. I estimated less than 500m. (No point to actually travel another LRT station down). Also near to Jalan Kayu! Besides Roti Prata, there are various nice eateries and even a shop famed for selling durian and choclate cakes there. Selegie beacurd too.....

(4) There is definitely rental potential-AMK Industrial Parks and the Seletar Aerospace Park.

(5) Quite like the floor storage patented by CDL in one of the room. This was the only part that impressed my wife who went along to view the showflat.

(6) 540 underground parking lots relative to 521 units. Adequate parking which reduces potential conflicts.

(7) Superb landscaping and facilities on offer by CDL. Lovely! The whistling pavilions and Nature Terrace concepts are awesome. Another interesting point is that all the facilities and stacks actually started on the "2nd level". From the end of the secondary club house and lap pool, one is able to overlook the park connector and Punggol reservoir.....very well though out by the development team.

Not so good points:
    (A) It is not next to the main MRT. Residents have to travel to Sengkang MRT and then take LRT. A bit troublesome as you have to dismount and then move on to another platform for the LRT.

(B) The bedrooms (including Master bedroom) are extremely tiny. Buyers beware. In the showflat, there are lots of mirrors, missing walls and even enlarged doorframe to make the unit seems bigger. The 3 bedroom at 1130sqft is definitely not family oriented. For those planning to stay there, you would need to consider at least the 3+1. 4 bedder is the best but then the quantum of the purchase price you need to sink in will be enormous. What ever happens to the adage that condo living is supposed to be an upgrade to quality of life?

(C) The interior finishing given sucks. Tiles pretending to be marble/stone lookalike given by CDL. Built in Wardrobe for the 2 common rooms are not sliding nature albeit the tiny room size (however, the Masterbedroom Wardrobe given are sliding and cleverly design). For 900psf pricing and taken into consideration of the land purchased price by CDL, it seems to me that buyers are shortchanged.

(D) No bathtub given. Only comes with the 4 bedder and Penthouses.

In summary, despite the exorbitant pricing by CDL, the riverfront living concept is indeed unique and an attractive one given the numerous developments in Sengkang right now (latest one being the announcement of a hospital by 2020.).
    Quite a gd detailled writeup abt your views.

However, disagreed that this place is not "ulu". I am not sure what in your view is ulu, but this place definitely fits the bill in my humble opinion.

I stayed in seng kang for 6 years and i can tell you that although this is well-served by the expressways (SLE,. TPE) you mentioned, there is no other amenities. If the ntuc and coffeeshop is abt 500m away in another LRT station, then this place is undoubtly ulu.

FYI, this is not near to the KPE. It will take almost 7-10 min drive to hit the KPE as you need to cut thru almost the entire seng kang estate to get there. The number of traffic lights can hit double digits. KPE is the saver on the NE side of SG to get to town.

The "water-front" living concept, in my view, is purely a marketing gimmick. You got to see it to believe it.

Honestly, I dun see much rental prospect at this location. Those ECs nearer to Punggol park have a far better view (park & pond view) and nearer to amenities and expressway. They are priced so much cheaper too ($650psf thereabts), which makes this development seems so overly priced. If you are willing to fork out > $900psf, you can easily buy Compass pt or Quartz jus beside the MRTs. any acute investors will know this and the rental yields will beat this location hands-down.

Just my 2

The demand for the HDB BTO to the west next door is hot, seems like river view is attractive

Fernvale Flora / Fernvale Gardens
    Sengkang N4 C12 / N4 C18
    (Standard Contract)
    4-room
    531 available
    2013 appls

Fernvale Gardens
    Sengkang N4 C18
    (Standard Contract)
    5-room
    172 units
    1035 appls

Quote Originally Posted by fooblackie
    Honestly, I dun see much rental prospect at this location. Those ECs nearer to Punggol park have a far better view (park & pond view) and nearer to amenities and expressway. They are priced so much cheaper too ($650psf thereabts), which makes this development seems so overly priced. If you are willing to fork out > $900psf, you can easily buy Compass pt or Quartz jus beside the MRTs. any acute investors will know this and the rental yields will beat this location hands-down.

Just my 2
    agree man....tats wat i told the agt who served me....LOL

but she say those r ECs at punggol park and compass/quartz r OLD project oredi so cannot compare as new launches always more exp....LOL

the view over at riverale and park green quite nice and vy windy too especially 10th flr and above......rivervale layout is better with all the 3 rooms facing the park/pond....but den tat unit i saw last time was on 14th flr and the condition not so gd with leaking problems in all the toilets.....so i din buy....was snapped up by another family few days later though....

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Agents getting arrogant again? I would have thought the cooling measures have humbled them.
    Note down unprofessional behaviour and lodge complaint to Council of Estate Agents.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

but she say those r ECs at punggol park and compass/quartz r OLD project oredi so cannot compare as new launches always more exp....LOL

the view over at riverale and park green quite nice and vy windy too especially 10th flr and above......rivervale layout is better with all the 3 rooms facing the park/pond....but den tat unit i saw last time was on 14th flr and the condition not so gd with leaking problems in all the toilets.....so i din buy....was snapped up by another family few days later though....
    I stayed at park Green before. Those units facing the park will have all rooms and living facing the park, except for 4-bedders whereby one of the smaller rooms will be tucked in.

Just get > 7 floors and you can see the entire landscape of punngol park and pond. Very breathtaking indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by fooblackie
    I stayed at park Green before. Those units facing the park will have all rooms and living facing the park, except for 4-bedders whereby one of the smaller rooms will be tucked in.

Just get > 7 floors and you can see the entire landscape of punngol park and pond. Very breathtaking indeed!
    wat a pity tat u moved out....u sold or rent it out? hows the rental there?

agent should compare against greenwich, new launch and then this will look reasonable...

As for compass heights, think there will be more upside with the hospital and another plot of land around the central up for GLS.

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...68740,00.html?

Published March 4, 2011

CDL to preview Sengkang condo today

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

CITY Developments Ltd (CDL) is expected to preview its H2O Residences condo next to Layar LRT Station in the Sengkang area today.

The average price for the 99-year leasehold condo, which is beside Punggol Reservoir, is expected to be slightly above $900 per square foot.

A preview for staff and VVIPs is expected in the morning, before sales begin for other buyers who have submitted cheques to the project's marketing agents, CB Richard Ellis and Huttons, say sources.

The development comprises five blocks, ranging from 19 to 23 storeys.

CDL is developing the condo on a plot that it clinched in a hotly-contested state tender in February last year for $200.5 million, or $365.26 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr).

This was some 13 per cent higher than the next highest offer of about $322 psf ppr by Far East Organization. The tender drew 10 bids in all.

Prices for one-bedroom units are expected to start from $550,000. Two-bedders will be priced from $680,000 and two-bedroom-with-study units from $760,000.

The project comprises 521 apartments and a shop unit. The apartment types range from one-bedroom units to four-bedders and penthouses. However, CDL is expected to initially release 120-150 units for this morning's preview.

H20 Residences will include 19 one-bedders, ranging from 527 sq ft to 710 sq ft. The 102 two-bedders are between 743 sq ft and 1,141 sq ft while the 147 two-bedroom-plus-study units are between 850 sq ft and 1,206 sq ft.

Last week, Chip Eng Seng reported that it had sold 75 apartments in its 301-unit My Manhattan condominium near Simei MRT at an average price of $1,100-$1,200 psf.

Default City Development's new residential estate sells 75% of units over weekend

City Development's new residential estate sells 75% of units over weekend
    By Jonathan Peeris | Posted: 07 March 2011 1922 hrs

SINGAPORE: City Developments says its first residential launch for the year, H2O Residences, has met with a good response from home buyers with 75 per cent of the units launched over the weekend sold.

Some 200 out of the 521 units in the nature-inspired development were launched over the private preview weekend.

A total of 150 units were sold at the the 99-year development.

CDL says the units were priced at an early bird average of about S$920 dollars per square foot.

Singaporeans comprised 85 per cent of the buyers, with permanent residents and foreigners from China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, India, Malaysia and Vietnam making up the remaining 15 per cent.

The units sold were mainly 2-bedroom, 2-bedroom plus Study, 3-bedroom and 4-bedroom apartment types.

The development is located in the heart of Sengkang New Town with the Layar LRT station right at its doorstep.

In a statement, CDL said savvy investors can also leverage on the development's proximity to the future Seletar Aerospace Park for rental and capital value appreciation potential.

- CNA/cc
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

75%?? singaporeans really have no place to spend money.

This is bad. Why are people so blinded by the glitz and marketing ploy of developers? Even with better facilities in this north eastern town, it is still pretty out of place.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

No MRT at Sengkang also can sell at $920psf with early bird discount? Then no discount mean $1000psf? Northeast is the most non-descript part of SG with absolutely no personality.

A semi expressway will be build to link YCK to Stonehills rd (TPE), there will be an exit to this H2O. Here no mrt but got Peh Kee (plane).

To see future development "take off" here must wait till neck long long, 5~6years?

This is Captain Kwek speaking, this will be a long flight & hope u have a pleasant journey. Buyers please watch the safety video & cabin crew to ur seats. Prata will be served shortly after take off. When approaching to our destination pls shout HUAT AH during landing.

the follow-up headline in BT today is the type asking for more cooling measures.

CDL raises H20 Residences average price to $920 psf
    150 units sold of 200 released so far; S'poreans account for 85% of buyers

Quote Originally Posted by sleek
    City Development's new residential estate sells 75% of units over weekend
    By Jonathan Peeris | Posted: 07 March 2011 1922 hrs

SINGAPORE: City Developments says its first residential launch for the year, H2O Residences, has met with a good response from home buyers with 75 per cent of the units launched over the weekend sold.

Some 200 out of the 521 units in the nature-inspired development were launched over the private preview weekend.

A total of 150 units were sold at the the 99-year development.

CDL says the units were priced at an early bird average of about S$920 dollars per square foot.

Singaporeans comprised 85 per cent of the buyers, with permanent residents and foreigners from China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, India, Malaysia and Vietnam making up the remaining 15 per cent.

The units sold were mainly 2-bedroom, 2-bedroom plus Study, 3-bedroom and 4-bedroom apartment types.

The development is located in the heart of Sengkang New Town with the Layar LRT station right at its doorstep.

In a statement, CDL said savvy investors can also leverage on the development's proximity to the future Seletar Aerospace Park for rental and capital value appreciation potential.

- CNA/cc

wat a pity tat u moved out....u sold or rent it out? hows the rental there?
    i sold it away cos need to move back to the west. Not a bad place if you like parkview and have a car to move around. (Just that not much amentities around). That's why it is "quiet" and serene haha. The development is quite well maintained and looks relatively new and modern looking. The best part is still the park view. The KPE is just at the doorstep so you can hit orchard in 20 min flat if the traffic permits.

the prices nowsaday are incredible. Some units are transacting > $700psft for this EC!

Rental-wise not sure. I reckon should be around $3k thereabouts for a 3-bedder (1200 - 1350 sqft).

no hard feeling, I juz continue my comment from your last post and not referring you as the agent.......

but from the numerous comments seem here, I can sense their presence.

back to the good response on this developement, really kudos to the buyers for kissing forever goodbye to their $$$. Still all the best to them.....
    anyway, who can really tell whether the report of 85% sale is true? especially when it is based on small qty like 200units......

i give some encouragement to tat guy who take an effort to write a review....ppl say i agt? haha....btw his writeup quite unbias in fact....

another one aso say i agt when i say manhattan sold 70+ units....which i actually read from ST.....haha

ok la....all agts here....u toking bad about this project....u r sore loser?? waiting to buy at cheaper price ? haha....btw, i aso tok bad abt this project....i aso sore sore...haha

tok gd abt a project must b agent or vested interest....

tok bad abt a project must be sore loser or waiting to buy at cheaper price.....

Quote Originally Posted by kale
    no hard feeling, I juz continue my comment from your last post and not referring you as the agent.......

but from the numerous comments seem here, I can sense their presence.

back to the good response on this developement, really kudos to the buyers for kissing forever goodbye to their $$$. Still all the best to them.....
    anyway, who can really tell whether the report of 85% sale is true? especially when it is based on small qty like 200units......
    What does it matter even if 85% sales are indeed true? People like you would still be skeptical no matter what. This reminds me 2 years plus back when "Gurus" like Kale kept saying North East property not even worth 800psf and it will be a mistake to buy. Don't act clever lah. Even if there is market correction, future developments in Seng Kang and inflation will still make this project break even for buyers in future....key point is got holding power....property cycles got ups and downs. Self professed "Gurus" like Kale are simply too narrow minded. Let's bet on the final psf in year 2015 to see who is right..should we...dare you...on anot?

CDL made a gamble on this one. Sengkang, is there any condo at all ? But there are a lot of young families, who had bought HDB new 5 yrs ago cheap cheap. Major upgraders demand there. For own stay, forward pricing is not a problem. Upgraders just need to make sure they can afford the installments.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    CDL made a gamble on this one. Sengkang, is there any condo at all ? But there are a lot of young families, who had bought HDB new 5 yrs ago cheap cheap. Major upgraders demand there. For own stay, forward pricing is not a problem. Upgraders just need to make sure they can afford the installments.
    well said, if u take lrt tour sengkang east loop hdb jungle, u will realize there is a huge market.

743sqft, 797sqft, quantum 700k-750k cheap cheap for hdb upgraders lah who got their flat for 200k+ back in 2005/2006.

4r HDB hitting 500k already in Sengkang:

265E Compassvale Bow 16 to 20 92sqft
    Premium Apartment 2007 $518,000.00
    265E Compassvale Bow 06 to 10 92sqft
    Premium Apartment 2007 $503,000.00

very old 3br in geylang oso can sell high:
    108 Aljunied Cres 01 to 05 68sqft
    New Generation 1981 $308,000.00

Official website is up:
    http://www.cdl.com.sg/h2oresidences/

Met an arrogant agent at the showroom today. Everytime I meet one of these people, I wonder if market transactions are picking up.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    well said, if u take lrt tour sengkang east loop hdb jungle, u will realize there is a huge market.

743sqft, 797sqft, quantum 700k-750k cheap cheap for hdb upgraders lah who got their flat for 200k+ back in 2005/2006.

4r HDB hitting 500k already in Sengkang:

265E Compassvale Bow 16 to 20 92sqft
    Premium Apartment 2007 $518,000.00
    265E Compassvale Bow 06 to 10 92sqft
    Premium Apartment 2007 $503,000.00

very old 3br in geylang oso can sell high:
    108 Aljunied Cres 01 to 05 68sqft
    New Generation 1981 $308,000.00
    but the 265E units are not 5yr yet, should be exception cases then can sell only right

Quite true 2 years ago mah. 2 years ago sizes are all quite big, so had developers bulit that size say 1300 sqft for 3 bedders, probably not worth 800psf. The absolute quantum is not huge due to the small sizes. In any case, the resale also hovering around 800psf only, so well, if u enter 2 years ago at 800psf, might not make any money.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight
    What does it matter even if 85% sales are indeed true? People like you would still be skeptical no matter what. This reminds me 2 years plus back when "Gurus" like Kale kept saying North East property not even worth 800psf and it will be a mistake to buy. Don't act clever lah. Even if there is market correction, future developments in Seng Kang and inflation will still make this project break even for buyers in future....key point is got holding power....property cycles got ups and downs. Self professed "Gurus" like Kale are simply too narrow minded. Let's bet on the final psf in year 2015 to see who is right..should we...dare you...on anot?

sengkang is not really ulu....
    most HDBs have appreciated 100% from 5yrs ago...

this river is going to be transformed into a reservoir and i was told that they are going to make it livelier by having F&B along the stretch of the PCN from Sengkang all the way to Punggol...

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Quite true 2 years ago mah. 2 years ago sizes are all quite big, so had developers bulit that size say 1300 sqft for 3 bedders, probably not worth 800psf. The absolute quantum is not huge due to the small sizes. In any case, the resale also hovering around 800psf only, so well, if u enter 2 years ago at 800psf, might not make any money.
    Hi Wild Falcon, what I am talking about does not involve the quantum as a primary factor....think you are mistaken. For example, around 3 years ago, Kovan area property going around 800psf..for 110sqm above. Then all the self professed Gurus come in to whack and say North East area not worth this kind of price...quote traffic jam, planters and bay windows wastage of space etc etc. Then 3 months later, the Global Financial Crisis (GFC) came and the property market prices dropped sharply. Eg: You can get Kovan Residences for 650-750psf. Guocoland dumped the remaining unsold The Quartz next to Buangkok MRT unit for 600over psf etc.

My point is even if one have bought at before the GFC pricing.....you would still be looking at a 6 digit profit. (Not to mention stamp duties exemption for certain projects). The current resales prices of such areas by the way is not 800psf....it hovers more of around 900psf to 1100psf.

Holding power is the key while waiting for an area to be developed or the property cycle sentiment to revive even during economic crisis. I would say forumer like Clover are the more savvy investor who look at long term. We can all argue till the cows come home on how ulu is Seng Kang right now.

Clover, are you an original owner of Clover by the Park? If so congrats! Remember the launch price then was 750psf.

yes, one of those that bought on day2 at under 700psft...
    so tempting to sell now as the market is asking close to 1000psft. but the park surrounding is so nice and the area is still quite hot with 2 new launches coming soon....

and we got McDonalds at our doorstep...

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    yes, one of those that bought on day2 at under 700psft...
    so tempting to sell now as the market is asking close to 1000psft. but the park surrounding is so nice and the area is still quite hot with 2 new launches coming soon....

and we got McDonalds at our doorstep...
    what size did you buy?

corner unit

Corner would be a 4 bedder?

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Corner would be a 4 bedder?
    For the corner units, 4 bedders are 13th floor up....while 3 bedders are 12th and below.