Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Upper Thomson Rd condo devt by Cheung Kong

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    yeah, visionary quantum. it's like cluster housing plus condo. wonder how much is each strata house.
    this kind of project, any restrictions on foreigners? cannot buy cluster housing in this project but can still buy normal condo unit?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    take vision as an eg...standard units about 10xxpsf whereas cluster hse abt 590-600psf...

if this project std units selling for 1500psf...shd expect 900psf for strata hse...4818X900=4.3xmil....wow....hehe
    4818 is a pretty big landed built in. Probably bigger than most of the terraces in the area. Looks like they're determined to differentiate by size of units in every aspect. 2 bedders typically are between 700-800sqft nowadays, and they're doing 900+.

Were there restrictions to buy the clusters in Vision?

think Meadows @ Peirce owners dancing liao...

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    this kind of project, any restrictions on foreigners? cannot buy cluster housing in this project but can still buy normal condo unit?
    vy good question sia....their condo units definitely foreigner r eligible.....i believe the cluster hse cannot....hmm

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    recent poets villas cluster hse 6xxpsf

grab it b4 its too late? haha

poets villa too far in lah ...

actually the unit size is not that big. it looks more like the 2006-7 "sizing".

$1400 psf really ?

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    poets villa too far in lah ...

actually the unit size is not that big. it looks more like the 2006-7 "sizing".

$1400 psf really ?
    sm1 mentioned meadows mah....poets villas just behind wor

oh devil I see what u meant...

...err...hmm.. is that you ?

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    oh devil I see what u meant...

...err...hmm.. is that you ?
    er??

not vested in both projects....no hidden agenda

sm1 mentioned
    aiyo I meant that *someone* lah

Is poets villa freehold or leasehold?

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Is poets villa freehold or leasehold?
    LH 99Y.

Actually the land itself is FH, owned by Teacher's Union. It sold a 99Y lease to a small developer.

Same style like far east, all aspiring to be future land bankers. I would never touch any LH projects where the land banker isn't the govt.

I suppose the price disclosure 2 days before launch will apply to this cheung kong project right?

Even though it's a market demand logic, but with the surrounding area selling at <$900 psf for leasehold and about $1,100 to $1,200 for freehold, the $1,400 - $1,500 quoted by the agent (dunno how true) seems high unless the current upper thomson area is undervalued.

When NSE is complete, Upper Thomson rd will have less traffic, environment will be more serene. Also a new MRT line is coming up soon. All done by 2018 - 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew76
    Even though it's a market demand logic, but with the surrounding area selling at <$900 psf for leasehold and about $1,100 to $1,200 for freehold, the $1,400 - $1,500 quoted by the agent (dunno how true) seems high unless the current upper thomson area is undervalued.
    In the case of private, resale is always reliant on new developments to carry its price higher. But not the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Antione
    When NSE is complete, Upper Thomson rd will have less traffic, environment will be more serene. Also a new MRT line is coming up soon. All done by 2018 - 2020.
    I can understand the part about NSE, and it should help to ease provided it is free. Else people will still take the free route, that is down upper thomson road. As for the new MRT line, I believe you are talking about the Thomson Line? Thought I saw from some website the line would actually be steering away from Lower Peirce Reservoir Park area. Thus, even the nearest station would not be a comfortable walking distance away. But then, all these are rumours so until LTA announced the actual location of the station, bet the developer is using this to entice buyers.

If the sin ming station is going to be near ai tong, then it'll probably be about 5mins walking time. Well, everyone is still guessing where this sin Ming station would be.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    strata titled cluster housing: PR/foreigner subjected to approval

however, there is NO restriction for strata titled cluster housing within a condo

http://www.sla.gov.sg/htm/ser/ser0306.htm#a
    What is restricted residential property under the Residential Property Act
    A foreign person cannot acquire or purchase restricted residential property unless he obtains the prior approval of the Minister for Law. Such property includes:

1. vacant residential land;
    2. landed property [i.e detached house, semi-detached house, terrace house (including linked house or townhouse)]; and
    3. landed property in strata developments which are not approved condominium developments under the Planning Act.

I don't think we can write off location of the Sin Ming MRT station as not being accessible from this condo. One of the speculated locations is in Sin Ming Walk and the other one is in Venus Drive. Both of which are not too far away.

I think that the Upper Thomson area resale condos are undervalued. Flame Tree Park transactions for under 900 psf and that location is better (more choices of buses including feeder bus to the Circle line Marymount station). And Flame Tree Park is freehold. High floor units also have great views and not blocked on the city side by Gardens at Bishan. Access to Flame Tree Park is also less claustrophobic by car. For access to the new development you have to go throught Sin Ming Walk with a few condos along the way and the entrance is right next to a school. So I feel the ambience for road access is not that great. I prefer the loctaion of Flame Tree Park. If the PED development launches at the prices that are being speculated, then Flame Tree Park owners will also be celebrating.
    Last edited by chiaberry; 28-03-11 at 09:08.

strata titled cluster housing: PR/foreigner subjected to approval

however, there is NO restriction for strata titled cluster housing within a condo
    http://www.sla.gov.sg/htm/ser/ser0306.htm#a
    Thanks for the info.

The rising property price is always good news to surrounding developments which are looking to new developments unlocking their value. Though it's the reverse side of the coin for property buyers

Though one cannot strike out the possibility of the Thomson Line or even the North South Highway being located 'near' to the new development, it might be correct to price it as if the locations are confirmed. Here's a related article on the matter:

http://www.asiaone.com/Business/My%2...11-160475.html

The rising property price is always good news to surrounding developments which are looking to new developments unlocking their value. Though it's the reverse side of the coin for property buyers

Though one cannot strike out the possibility of the Thomson Line or even the North South Highway being located 'near' to the new development, it might be correct to price it as if the locations are confirmed. Here's a related article on the matter:

http://www.asiaone.com/Business/My%2...11-160475.html
    burden lies on buyer mah....haha

The alignment of the North-South expressway in that area (north of Marymount) is CONFIRMED already. There will be a semi-tunnel going near Sin Ming in the direction of Marymount. Close enough for easy access and yet not so close as to pose a threat for land acquisition:
    http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_625821.html

The exact location of the Thomson Line station is not confirmed yet but will be somewhere in the Sin Ming area.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    The alignment of the North-South expressway in that area (north of Marymount) is CONFIRMED already. There will be a semi-tunnel going near Sin Ming in the direction of Marymount. Close enough for easy access and yet not so close as to pose a threat for land acquisition:

The exact location of the Thomson Line station is not confirmed yet but will be somewhere in the Sin Ming area.
    i know where that is

i know where that is
    hehe, any clues for us?

Ya. Those are public news which most informed investors would have known. The only area of interest is where the entrance to the North East Expressway is going to be near this new development. Though it's construction should take some load off the current Upper Thomson Road

But just wondering if one should be paying premium for a project that would only be completed in 2020?

i know where that is
    from the perspective of minimizing land acquisition, there are only a few plots of open land in the Sin Ming area.

Ya. Those are public news which most informed investors would have known. The only area of interest is where the entrance to the North East Expressway is going to be near this new development. Though it's construction should take some load off the current Upper Thomson Road

But just wondering if one should be paying premium for a project that would only be completed in 2020?
    The entrance to the North South Expressway cannot be that far away. In any case, being too near the entrance also has its disadvantages (eg traffic jams entering the expressway). In any case, it would help to relieve the jams on Upper Thomson Road. I must admit that the jams are not as bad as before since they realigned Farrer Road after the Circle Line construction.

I agree that if the rumours are correct, the pricing of that new condo would be rather steep for the location. Especially given its leasehold status, the fact that the main entrance is from Sin Ming Walk (right at the end of that road) and the low rise units (houses) would probably be near the temple (because there is height restriction in that area).

hehe, any clues for us?
    cannot anyhow reveal wor...but they are narrowing down 2 final sites...