Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First time buyer looking for a 1Bedroom condo in D15-D16

Quote Originally Posted by ivy252
    Yes bro ... Lolx price dropped so fast after the news out let's hope to see better deal....
    usually investor rather freed up their cash,and move on with profits than to stuck in properties and wf all measures coming out..
    who do not feel scared too..?

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    usually investor rather freed up their cash,and move on with profits than to stuck in properties and wf all measures coming out..

Yup true bro let's wait to see how things goes...

Quote Originally Posted by ivy252
    Yup true bro let's wait to see how things goes...
    But the rules apply to those who have not bought right?

Ivy, are you prepared to hold an apartment for that long and 'get stuck'?

with the new anti measures coming out today.. u will get something cheaper soon.. like my dad alway say, if u got the mony u dont worry that u cant get it
    but mabe getting smthing smaller and further as time goes by

whr jlrx?? time for him to 'chu shan'? hehe

ppty is for wealth accumulation....so accumulate when it dips....

Quote Originally Posted by reuters

she mentioned for self stay ...

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    she mentioned for self stay ...
    Yup. That's right. There will always be those who will still buy for self-stay. I have a unit in D15 that fits Ivy's preference perfectly, but I also will not suddenly sell it at a big discount. I feel that these policies will affect the buyers of new launches the most.

Yup. That's right. There will always be those who will still buy for self-stay. I have a unit in D15 that fits Ivy's preference perfectly, but I also will not suddenly sell it at a big discount. I feel that these policies will affect the buyers of new launches the most.
    Reuters, with all these new measures, can I get ur opinion what would be a reasonable psf to look at for a 2-3 bedder in East Coast? (say, walking distance to PP, and not TK area) I personally feel these measures wont deter me to buy, as I am buying for own stay. However, I have this feeling owners of East Coast properties have holding power and won't sell to their disadvantage, tho' there might be more room for negotiation now - Pls correct me if I am wrong. But how much room is the question now. I also do not wanna wait and wait and wait as I believe it will reach a stage where global economy picks up and everything will start a fresh rise to another peak yet again. And no one can predict this.

Hi bro , i'm buying for own stay not for investment

Quote Originally Posted by penguin
    Reuters, with all these new measures, can I get ur opinion what would be a reasonable psf to look at for a 2-3 bedder in East Coast? (say, walking distance to PP, and not TK area) I personally feel these measures wont deter me to buy, as I am buying for own stay. However, I have this feeling owners of East Coast properties have holding power and won't sell to their disadvantage, tho' there might be more room for negotiation now - Pls correct me if I am wrong. But how much room is the question now. I also do not wanna wait and wait and wait as I believe it will reach a stage where global economy picks up and everything will start a fresh rise to another peak yet again. And no one can predict this.
    the new measures will probably not trigger a slew of fire sales. owners with holding power won't sell at a deep discount since it does not make monetary sense to do so currently.

as most analysts in the press have pointed out, the measures target speculative activities primarily, rather than penalizing genuine home owners. those with sufficient cash can easily meet the new LTV requirements and hold onto their properties for 4 years or more. hence, those, who should be hit the hardest, are the ones looking to make a quick buck by speculations but do not have sufficient holding power.

as you have pointed out that the scenario of a general global economic recovery is plausible, recovery is already in play as compared to the dire state in 2008. a repeat of 2009's rapid rebound seems pretty unlikely and hence, asset prices shouldn't climb at rocket-pace rates.

for own-stay, i personally would look at personal affordability and calculate based on interest rates of 2.5-3% to provide some buffer for imminent rate hikes. unless you come across speculators who are caught out by the new measures, i doubt there's a huge room for discounts in the short term. however, in the mid or long term, when there's a deluge in supply, things could look differently but one never knows how macroeconomic forces would swing the market.

Quote Originally Posted by penguin
    I can't really tell how much this will affect the overall property outlook, but I can only speak for myself that when I bought my unit at East Coast (mine is across the road from Parkway Parade), I made calculations that even if the bank interest rise till 4, 5%, I can still hold onto the property. Besides, it is still easy to get tenants now as companies are hiring foreigners. Ironically, I am currently on a business trip in Beijing and the people here are discussing where to buy in Singapore because they say that it is stable. Buying properties these days is a bit like buying stocks - you bet your money on the blue chips (SG is one) because of the confidence.

If you are looking at a 2-3 bedder in a good location in East Coast, GRAB ONE if you have offers around $1,000 to $1,200 psf. These are difficult to find but you may still get those small and less flashy developments in Haig Road or Tembeling area. I feel that any property around this area can still appreciate because the development plans for Marine Parade are quite clear - future MRT, cinema (already coming up this year), possibly some new toys to be introduced in Marine Parade town because of the aging population there.

Does anyone know why Marine Mansion is still not enbloc till now? I viewed a 4th floor unit last yr and the balcony is slanted and windows are falling apart. Very old. But I feel the space of the devt has huge potential for enbloc though.

Properties across parkway vicinity values holds very well for simple reason. Good rental returns, ease in securing new tenancy as well as good resale values.

Enbloc potential is always high for those plots with potential to mince n develop into smaller units+++ (thats why some of these units wun be in a 'rush' to sell their house)

Dun tink it will be easy to find 'cheap' units.

If u see one that meets ur finances.. then just offer n grab them!

*dun wait until the mrt rumours comes true! .... katong mall.... paramount site... katong shopping site redevelopment news etc etc etc..

Quote Originally Posted by pod
    Properties across parkway vicinity values holds very well for simple reason. Good rental returns, ease in securing new tenancy as well as good resale values.

Enbloc potential is always high for those plots with potential to mince n develop into smaller units+++ (thats why some of these units wun be in a 'rush' to sell their house)

Dun tink it will be easy to find 'cheap' units.

If u see one that meets ur finances.. then just offer n grab them!

*dun wait until the mrt rumours comes true! .... katong mall.... paramount site... katong shopping site redevelopment news etc etc etc..
    Katong mall is not a rumour! That one has Golden Village, ready by second half of this year! Also true that Katong shopping centre is going for collective sale. Since Cape, Shore Residences, Silversea and even Paramount Hotel all now belong to FEO, no prizes for guessing who is likely to go after this one as well. FEO seems to have alot of confidence in this area.

Katong mall is not a rumour! That one has Golden Village, ready by second half of this year! Also true that Katong shopping centre is going for collective sale. Since Cape, Shore Residences, Silversea and even Paramount Hotel all now belong to FEO, no prizes for guessing who is likely to go after this one as well. FEO seems to have alot of confidence in this area.
    yeh... u r right.. i jus wana tickle people looking at D15/Katong area.

Btw... jus drove pass joo chiat... wah piang.. even this place is transforming! so many new concept eateries... the KTV pubs are slowly phasing out.... ppty prices up upz n away!!!!!!!!!!!