Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Forest Hills Condo

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Seletar reservoir area, Mandai is water catchment, zoo and also SAF training area, how can they disturb this. Not logical to cut thru there. Time will tell.
    I think a likely area would be lor Asrama and Lor lad a hitam. The whole area between mandai road and expressway were used to be kampongs. Extensive piping works and land works done. Land ready for development. Just have to wait for redevelopment plans in the long term.

Cut through underground, whats the deal? If the tunnel can go below sea bed... What's reservoir?

Recalled hearing gov may built mrt first before selling land

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    I think a likely area would be lor Asrama and Lor lad a hitam. The whole area between mandai road and expressway were used to be kampongs. Extensive piping works and land works done. Land ready for development. Just have to wait for redevelopment plans in the long term.

Cut through underground, whats the deal? If the tunnel can go below sea bed... What's reservoir?

Recalled hearing gov may built mrt first before selling land
    from a cost feasibility and viability, engineering works is much cheaper and easier to construct when it is above ground. Tunnel works is only option if it is absolutely no choice and about double that of above ground construction. Go under sea even more costly. Why do that if there's other easier, faster and less costly option. Let's see.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    u must be joking.. heli copter... can clear seletaris .. via duct higher than seletaris?

two layers can be like this.

Normal road
    Underground...

sandwich or burger for u... water pipes and cables can run along under the MRT tracks or above it.
    The top of the road, (TOR) is flush with Seletaris root’s height based on the pic attached by a bro here, the Condo height is about 12 m ? (4 storey x 3 meter height). That why I said that building under the express is difficult.

Ic now I know your two layers meaning , top normal road or underground…

from a cost feasibility and viability, engineering works is much cheaper and easier to construct when it is above ground. Tunnel works is only option if it is absolutely no choice and about double that of above ground construction. Go under sea even more costly. Why do that if there's other easier, faster and less costly option. Let's see.
    Building above ground definitely cheaper, but what it does is that it also devalues the remaining land. If built underground, land above is worth more. The land value alone will pay for the additional cost for building underground. Garment very smart one...

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    Building above ground definitely cheaper, but what it does is that it also devalues the remaining land. If built underground, land above is worth more. The land value alone will pay for the additional cost for building underground. Garment very smart one...
    Of course if want to do like, sure can but each ministry need to justify what budget they need from our ministry of Finance and need to be prudent becos it's tax payers $. I doubt Minister in charge would stick his neck to do something as lavish as what u suggest to up the value of that part, North of Singapore. if u look at track record of MRT line since Day 1, underground portion is in high density Central area where it's just not possible to build above ground or too costly to acquire land there which may affect too many residents. Imagine if they had to acquire several rows of shophouses in Chinatown area, move places of worships, it would have caused an uproar back in the 1980s. My view. What u say is possible but I feel Government of today would do what is engineering efficient and within the least possible budget.

I think someone said that future MRT would be all below ground duno since when.

Built up, cheap but got noise pollution and waste space. Go underground max space plus got free soil/mud for reclaimation.

Dun care lah. Buy only when the stations are confirmed. Pay for the real thing and not betting.

Back to topic...there is a new listing:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/3143928/for-sale-forest-hills-condo

looks quite good but price steep cos of the huge PES

hmm suddenly many listings dun me tell owners visit forum too?

better stop posting liao else they will think interest growing and up their prices

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Back to topic...there is a new listing:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/3143928/for-sale-forest-hills-condo

looks quite good but price steep cos of the huge PES

hmm suddenly many listings dun me tell owners visit forum too?

better stop posting liao else they will think interest growing and up their prices
    Or Agents realised that there is interest with so much talk here, went and scout to get owners to tikam and list units for sales

Or Agents realised that there is interest with so much talk here, went and scout to get owners to tikam and list units for sales
    hehe then they will face resistance from buyers like me and after some time they realised no takers and they will bite my cheque of 500 psf

hehe then they will face resistance from buyers like me and after some time they realised no takers and they will bite my cheque of 500 psf
    u nvr noe other ppl queue at 501psf? haha

of the listings in Property Guru, All listing at 600+psf, 1 joker even dare to list at 713psf

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Confirm one of them is u!!

of the listings in Property Guru, All listing at 600+psf, 1 joker even dare to list at 713psf
    The most recent sale brought the price up...
    713psf is definitely future price liao

But is it always like this? If a recent sale set a record high psf does that guarantee future sales from then on must match that or be higher? Not in my experience though...

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    now the bids are known...some may bid a bit more then 501 liao.

Agent will always use that for reference as alway encountered. We don know the background behind the previous deal (eg maybe 100k renovation just recently done or the hse nos is very special to the buyer)

We need to offer what is to our best assessment and judgement and push for deal. let the seller decide.

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    now the bids are known...some may bid a bit more then 501 liao.
    nowadays very rare to find any psf below 600
    property climate is experiencing global warming too

nowadays very rare to find any psf below 600
    property climate is experiencing global warming too
    True. .all thanks to the ‘CCR’, and the last few launches…

Sometime think of it…at one hand we our property to appreciate, on the other hand wan to buy cheap cheap…haa haa

But one thing for sure I don’t want the it to plunge…I got weak heart sia….

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    True. .all thanks to the ‘CCR’, and the last few launches…

Sometime think of it…at one hand we our property to appreciate, on the other hand wan to buy cheap cheap…haa haa

But one thing for sure I don’t want the it to plunge…I got weak heart sia….
    those who want to buy cheep cheep either has no house yet or has plenty of cash on hand to jump in...

however, that number of people quite high so even if there is a correction the demand will be sufficient to 'correct' that correction - principle of strong fundamentals.

With budget announced, some biz owners who save 30% on their tax can use that rebate alone to finance downpayment for a house!!

Just found out entrance to Forest Hills condo is right in front of Nee Soon camp entrance. Some blocks even face Née Soon Camp...., good to sell to army personnel. Transit road in the morning and evening is faced with army personnel cars and vehicles going in and out of camp.

Any updates? Maybe the entrance can be relocated elsewhere.

One of the safest condo in Singapore. Can do away with security guards as current entrance is just next to Née Soon Camp entrance where they are armed army personnel. Nothing against this condo, but interested parties should take a drive or walk there during 7.30-8am and 5.30-6.30pm along Transit Road on weekdays, u will understand.

FOREST HILLS CONDOMINIUM* TRANSIT ROAD Condominium 1 980,000 1,227 Strata 799 Sep-12
    FOREST HILLS CONDOMINIUM* TRANSIT ROAD Condominium 1 880,000 1,044 Strata 843 Aug-12
    FOREST HILLS CONDOMINIUM* TRANSIT ROAD Condominium 1 890,000 1,163 Strata 766 Aug-12

look at psf now...
    works of the future SpringLeaf MRT...

Quote Originally Posted by tokbooncheng
    FOREST HILLS CONDOMINIUM* TRANSIT ROAD Condominium 1 980,000 1,227 Strata 799 Sep-12
    FOREST HILLS CONDOMINIUM* TRANSIT ROAD Condominium 1 880,000 1,044 Strata 843 Aug-12
    FOREST HILLS CONDOMINIUM* TRANSIT ROAD Condominium 1 890,000 1,163 Strata 766 Aug-12

look at psf now...
    works of the future SpringLeaf MRT...
    799 is not that high an increase....besides MRT 700m away...?
    I am rich in debts...

799 is not that high an increase....besides MRT 700m away...?
    As the saying goes :"Slow and steady win the race". Slow price appreciation will not cause much price drop too if crisis do arise in the distant future....