Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Forest Hills Condo

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Wanted to say a lower price range but it would not be realistic.

Avoid nuovo if u can.... The cheaper ones are at castle green.

If u are buying for rental, a cheaper rent unit is easier to rent out. If they wanted facilities, they would target newer places such as centro. That area not too good for rental too as grandeur 8 is also competing with it.
    Nuovo has a better location - castle green takes 10min to walk to mrt, vs 3 for Nuovo

Centro? 1300psf? OMG - to have rental yield of 4% you'll need to rent out at 6K??

Why not consider Season Park or Far Horizon? Also in the same area.

Quote Originally Posted by Antione
    Yup, older and failed enblock...but better.

Well I tend to look at properties that are close to MRT (or future MRT) and amenities

And to get a good deal you need some negative sentiment such as the impact of NSE - else prices will hold strong

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Well I tend to look at properties that are close to MRT (or future MRT) and amenities

And to get a good deal you need some negative sentiment such as the impact of NSE - else prices will hold strong
    Can try, but not easy... Nuovo low floor should have lobangs

nah the caveat date was before i posted ... i guess there are others out there who knows the potential but they could have tried to bring price down so easier for me mah

woodgrove condo? it's nice - next to supermart and pre-schools! even got its own beauty salon

rental yield super good because of American school. there! psf will go up from now!

your memory failing. I remembered u sing praise on Forest Hill in other threads should be in Oct last year....... u need not spell out everything, smart person can smell a good deal from the moment u mention forest hill.... haha

Thomson Line MRT stations will be announcing soon. LTA is planning to complete it by 2018. Taking 7 years as a typical built lead time, it should be announced within this year.

No one know exactly where the stations will be, but if revealed, you will miss your opportunity again as price will escalate over night.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    your memory failing. I remembered u sing praise on Forest Hill in other threads should be in Oct last year....... u need not spell out everything, smart person can smell a good deal from the moment u mention forest hill.... haha
    Thanks ratty, I recalled - cos I was introducing FH to a lady who was looking at Lilydale and I remember telling her FH has more potential for growth - maybe she's the one who bought most recently?

Actually the more I talked about it, the more smitten I got so had to view for myself - but if prices rose because of what I posted (which I doubt) then I have only myself to blame

Think next time I got good lobangs just send PMs to my forummer friends, dun open thread liao.

Thomson Line MRT stations will be announcing soon. LTA is planning to complete it by 2018. Taking 7 years as a typical built lead time, it should be announced within this year.

No one know exactly where the stations will be, but if revealed, you will miss your opportunity again as price will escalate over night.
    You are right on all counts - which is exactly why I am looking at this development.

Yup, older and failed enblock...but better.
    Can share your memory what happened to the failed enbloc? Was there even one?

congratz

Yeah that was my main concern seems like not too big a problem now (only the prices quite stiff in that area )

I was at VVIP launch and while crowd was big not many takers and I was looking at the ground units with added basement (nice) but thought the pool was a tad small. Also I'm lazy so dun wanna drive to eat and not a fan of the curry nearby...else everything about that development was quite OK (fresh air and cool) but WASSUP with the bird watching tower

from what i see from the prospectus, bird watching tower still can go there to paktor . but WASSUP with the dog walking court?? does that mean only dog owners can go there? if I own hamsters or rabbits, i can't walk them there?

nah the caveat date was before i posted ... i guess there are others out there who knows the potential but they could have tried to bring price down so easier for me mah

woodgrove condo? it's nice - next to supermart and pre-schools! even got its own beauty salon

rental yield super good because of American school. there! psf will go up from now!
    I was just going to suggest woodgrove condo to u coz i just went by it last weekend! never been inside but thot from the outside, it looks pretty serene & well-maintained. next to ntuc, 7-11, loy kee chix rice, bojangles......cannot complain liao....

didn't know got beauty salon inside!

hubby & me were considering the landed pty at the other side of woodgrove centre.....can't remember what it's called now. we went round the estate & loved the serene environment. then after further checks, we found out that it's 99-year leasehold with many years gone already & was originally built by FEO! so we threw that out the window....wat a waste....

There is only one gate now - the main entrance - so walking to coffeeshop takes longer - agent said there are plans of a side gate when MRT is confirmed but that will be some time down the road.
    pls don't get conned by the agent on this. when the condo was new, they wanted to create a side gate directly to the bus-stop along sembawang road. however that small piece of land between forest hill & the bus-stop is state land & the application was turned down. state land don't anyhow play play lor. hence residents from then on had to walk the roundabout way down transit road. so pls be careful what the agent says hor.....

Do you know that seasons park has a BACK DOOR leading to the hospital? I did not know that until one of the agents showed it to me.

That makes seasons park more convenient than castle green as you can walk easily to both MRT and hawker center.

Quote Originally Posted by KarenK
    hubby & me were considering the landed pty at the other side of woodgrove centre.....can't remember what it's called now. we went round the estate & loved the serene environment. then after further checks, we found out that it's 99-year leasehold with many years gone already & was originally built by FEO! so we threw that out the window....wat a waste....
    why did you not consider landed near that area?

I was looking for a new place at around the same time when Meadows at Pierce was launched. I got a place at lentor.

I thought lentor estate is both quiet, NEAT (unlike messy teachers estate and thomson hills) and accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    why did you not consider landed near that area?

I was looking for a new place at around the same time when Meadows at Pierce was launched. I got a place at lentor.

I thought lentor estate is both quiet, NEAT (unlike messy teachers estate and thomson hills) and accessible.

coz after we threw that idea out the window, we decided not to go for landed for a few reasons:
    - we have lived in flats our whole lives so not used to landed. no sense of security. very kia si
    - we are very lazy folks & hate upkeeping the pty eg gardening, landscapign, painting, fumigating etc. even if we pay pp to come & do it, it'll be inconvenient for us as we'll have to take leave & squat at home to wait for the service personnel, assuming they don't do weekends.
    - the landed at lentor is beyond our budget. those at teacher's estate/thomson hills/sembawang hills are within our budget but they tend to be very old & cramped & require extensive A&A. we don't have the $$$ for the A&A. hence it's more economical to get a new condo coz can get HL for 80% of the cost

from what i see from the prospectus, bird watching tower still can go there to paktor . but WASSUP with the dog walking court?? does that mean only dog owners can go there? if I own hamsters or rabbits, i can't walk them there?
    LOL yeah wassup with that? U obviously can't cos the dogs will eat up the hamsters and rabbits

coz after we threw that idea out the window, we decided not to go for landed for a few reasons:
    - we have lived in flats our whole lives so not used to landed. no sense of security. very kia si
    - we are very lazy folks & hate upkeeping the pty eg gardening, landscapign, painting, fumigating etc. even if we pay pp to come & do it, it'll be inconvenient for us as we'll have to take leave & squat at home to wait for the service personnel, assuming they don't do weekends.
    - the landed at lentor is beyond our budget. those at teacher's estate/thomson hills/sembawang hills are within our budget but they tend to be very old & cramped & require extensive A&A. we don't have the $$$ for the A&A. hence it's more economical to get a new condo coz can get HL for 80% of the cost
    There was a unit 2200 sqft land transacted at 1.1mil at that time. dunno who bought it as it was not advertised at all. Just 5 houses away from my inlaws. We were looking specifically at that area and even distributed phamplets to the neighbours. Yes we were very keen on that area.

In the end we got a smaller but more expensive unit.....

Anyway, now we are all probably waiting to see the thomson line alignment announced.

Some people say it will be beside Medows, some say it will be closer to lentor...

I was just going to suggest woodgrove condo to u coz i just went by it last weekend! never been inside but thot from the outside, it looks pretty serene & well-maintained. next to ntuc, 7-11, loy kee chix rice, bojangles......cannot complain liao....

didn't know got beauty salon inside!

Yup just a few words of caution though (and why I did not choose it in the end) - there will be plenty of ongoing construction due to new projects and as this is a low-rise, plenty of dust as well. It's quite old now so u'll need to spend majoy $ on retrofitting.

Your main source of tenants will be those parents with kids in SAS, but you'll be getting more competition from the newer developments. Woodgrove condo has the advantage of location though, being nearest.

No more upside of MRT being built as there is simply no critical mass and the nearest (marsiling / woodgrove) are 20 min walk away.

I love the landed there too - too bad it's 99LH and left with 88 years now. Anyway like you I am not a landed person

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    Do you know that seasons park has a BACK DOOR leading to the hospital? I did not know that until one of the agents showed it to me.

That makes seasons park more convenient than castle green as you can walk easily to both MRT and hawker center.
    Ok thanks! Didn't know that too. Gotta start looking again

Hi all,

Just like to get some comments on whether is it worth it to move from Seletaris to Forest Hill at this moment.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by timebomb
    Hi all,

Just like to get some comments on whether is it worth it to move from Seletaris to Forest Hill at this moment.
    Thanks.
    timebomb, you stay in Seletaris? do you already have a unit in Forest Hill already? (if yes, please dun move, sell to me at 550 psf i'll buy!!)

Else if your unit is not facing future NSE, you dun need to move (not sure when construction starts how loud will it be in 2013)

Have a look at the attached:

Can share your memory what happened to the failed enbloc? Was there even one?
    I think it's Far Horizons.. cannot remember much else.

timebomb, you stay in Seletaris? do you already have a unit in Forest Hill already? (if yes, please dun move, sell to me at 550 psf i'll buy!!)

Else if your unit is not facing future NSE, you dun need to move (not sure when construction starts how loud will it be in 2013)

Have a look at the attached:
    I'm staying at Seletaris, not facing NSE and I don't have a unit in FH.

Mantrix privileged to attend briefing.

Upper deck all the way till? Euphony got blocked too plus sembawang cottage... Bad views.

Why they do deck? Mrt tunnel below? Then those affected can benefit...anyway it's all guesswork now.

Mantrix privileged to attend briefing.

Upper deck all the way till? Euphony got blocked too plus sembawang cottage... Bad views.

Why they do deck? Mrt tunnel below? Then those affected can benefit...anyway it's all guesswork now.
    That was from a friend - I didn't get to attend briefing.

sounds like you have insider news.......

he's telling us not to miss the boat...

OK! time to view more...but no one selling...

Hmmm any firesales from Yew tee that side?

no insider news lah...mere speculation only.

There is a good chance the Thomson line will run under AMK Ave 4 up through Lentor Drive, then back of Tagore, then Springleaf, then Mandai, then Woodlands. Stations can be located any where along the line, so, it is up to everyone's guess.

he's telling us not to miss the boat...

OK! time to view more...but no one selling...

Hmmm any firesales from Yew tee that side?
    bite the bullet and go .... :-) The air is good, not as ulu as Sembawang, there is potential.

I saw an add asking for 1.1m listed for 3 weeks and is now gone. Not sure if it has been sold. Owner not in hurry to sell as it is covered by good rental yield therefore I guess the only way is for the price to go north slowly and gradually.