Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: change car now or later?

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    Hi bro,

Think you are thinking too much. Since its well known that a car is a liability, then one should be emotional when buying, e.g. just buy if the feeling is right. If you start taking the calculator and crunch the numbers, the conclusion is always the same, not worth buying.

Just to share, I have never bought a new car before. My cars are always 2nd hand which are normally 1-2 years old. Currently driving a 525, bought it from a direct buyer when it was just 9 mths old in end 2009. Seller wanted to upgrade to 7 series. My wife is driving a C180 and its just right for her. I bought it when it was 1 year old back in mid 2010. For a zippy ride, I just added a 2 year old Z4 for weekend driving without the baby.
    even though its 5-10k diff...still goto tink abit mah...i am willing to buy a car at current COE price....but since many ppl say resale better mah...which is not really true if u got car to trade in....buyers goto be careful about those new car list prices at sgcarmart....basic A4 listed at 202k but actually got 33k discount+10k financial rebate+COE rebate level at 59k somemore which become <159k and i saw some 9mths old A4 trying to sell at 14xk at COE 2xk and claimed tat new car selling at 202k...haha

Default COE shoot up!

62k....wow...hehe

paying 60-70k for COE is just not worth it. 2-3 yr old cars are already selling cheaper than the COE, so what is the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    paying 60-70k for COE is just not worth it. 2-3 yr old cars are already selling cheaper than the COE, so what is the point?
    u mean jap/kor made? cat A 42k rite....hehe

the point is: some ppl stop buying hse and splurge on luxury items? lol

my jaw dropped when i saw ppl buy a jean/jacket tat cost 1-2k without batting an eye.....buy 20k-30k rolex machiam buy grocery.....

i goto tink and tink for 5-10k difference when changing a car.....

These days luxury brands like LV and prada looks cheap as well coz plenty of ah lian carrying it. problem with rolex is their design 20 years ago look the same as present day. a second hand rolex can looks just like a brand new one after some polishing, coz a number of the oyster perpetual design 10 years ago is exactly the same as the design today, only dif is the metal strap, past was hollow and present is solid.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    u mean jap/kor made? cat A 42k rite....hehe

the point is: some ppl stop buying hse and splurge on luxury items? lol

my jaw dropped when i saw ppl buy a jean/jacket tat cost 1-2k without batting an eye.....buy 20k-30k rolex machiam buy grocery.....

i goto tink and tink for 5-10k difference when changing a car.....

OIt's now like buy one car get another free months back... but again life goes on... grrrr...