Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nuovo

LTA to consider building NSE in phases
    By Hoe Yeen Nie | Posted: 14 February 2011 2026 hrs
    Photos 1*of 1

Raymond Lim
    * Twitter Messenger
    SINGAPORE: The Land Transport Authority (LTA) has said it will consider building the North South Expressway in phases, where feasible.

This comes after MP for Ang Mo Kio GRC Lee Bee Wah suggested in Parliament that portions closest to residential areas be completed first, with the aim of minimising disruption to residents over what is estimated to be a seven-year project.

Another issue was whether parts of the expressway near homes could be built as full tunnels, to ease traffic and noise disruption after the expressway is completed.

Transport Minister Raymond Lim replied that while the expressway was designed as a full tunnel in highly urbanised areas, this was not always possible because large plots of land about 15,000 square metres, or about two football fields, are needed for the required ventilation buildings.

Besides having to compete with other land uses, Mr Lim said there are also limits to how far possible sites, like the undeveloped land around Lentor Avenue and Yio Chu Kang road, can be developed.

Mr Lim said: "The possible sites for these ventilations buildings such as the undeveloped land around Lentor Avenue and Yio Chu Kang Road are encumbered by the existing MRT viaduct or currently form part of MINDEF's training ground, or are close to Yio Chu Kang MRT station where the land has been set aside for high density residential use.

"To place a ventilation building on any of these sites would put at risk the operations of a live MRT line, impede training for our national defence, or constrain our ability to have more homes in close proximity to the Yio Chu Kang MRT station."

He added that a ventilation building would have to be built in the vicinity of Bishan Park, which would adversely affect PUB's Active, Beautiful and Clean upgrading programme at the heavily used park.

-CNA/ac

He answered
    A. Expressway to pass through YIO CHU KANG mrt rejected.
    B. Covered expressway in front of nuovo rejected.
    C. Expressway to go from AMK ave 8 to bishan park then loop right rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    He answered
    A. Expressway to pass through YIO CHU KANG mrt rejected.
    B. Covered expressway in front of nuovo rejected.
    C. Expressway to go from AMK ave 8 to bishan park then loop right rejected.
    I do believe URA engineers would have study extensively on possiblities. Maybe with feedback and complaints, engineers would have to be check and be absolutely sure; could mean some lost votes if not handle properly among unhappy residents affected

i think grandeur 8 was done above 600psf to 800 psf ....don't think it's 400psf

Some votes are lost forever. It's inevitable. Win some, lose some. Life... Add new winning votes will save the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    i think grandeur 8 was done above 600psf to 800 psf ....don't think it's 400psf
    It's 4xx psf only.. Upper end in 2002

mindef training ground???? that is the reason for not building a ventilation building????

idiot. Common, mindef training ground is so big. Take away a little bit of land will die? And I am sure they don't train right beside the residential area anyway.

really stupid answer. I really think our transport minister cannot make it. sooo many mistakes. Expressway all jam. COE also calculate wrongly. Expressway collapse. Built useless viaducts....

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    mindef training ground???? that is the reason for not building a ventilation building????

idiot. Common, mindef training ground is so big. Take away a little bit of land will die? And I am sure they don't train right beside the residential area anyway.

really stupid answer. I really think our transport minister cannot make it. sooo many mistakes. Expressway all jam. COE also calculate wrongly. Expressway collapse. Built useless viaducts....
    Well, got as many reasons, give lor, Mindef land probably high priority ma. Just whack as many reasons, " no horse run", cover all angles from behind, haha

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Well, got as many reasons, give lor, Mindef land probably high priority ma. Just whack as many reasons, " no horse run", cover all angles from behind, haha
    actually those plots of land beside YCK MRT is understandable. It is quite unreasonable to expect them to use those prime land as ventilation building.

At first I thought the army land further up was unsuitable for engineering reasons. Now our transport minister actually tell us that those land cannot be use because it will "impede training for our national defence".

And NOBODY in parliament actually questioned him on this? I mean do SAF really train right beside the MRT track? How much land is needed for the ventilation building? Are those 10% of SAF total training land? or 1%? or 0.01%?

.... sigh .....

actually those plots of land beside YCK MRT is understandable. It is quite unreasonable to expect them to use those prime land as ventilation building.

At first I thought the army land further up was unsuitable for engineering reasons. Now our transport minister actually tell us that those land cannot be use because it will "impede training for our national defence".

And NOBODY in parliament actually questioned him on this? I mean do SAF really train right beside the MRT track? How much land is needed for the ventilation building? Are those 10% of SAF total training land? or 1%? or 0.01%?

.... sigh .....
    national defence concern, no one dare la, as long as minister of defence and his team has no comments, who dare....

At least Er Lee Bee Wah is speaking on behalf of residence...
    Being a civil engineer herself, I am sure she has done enough research to put up a case to fight but she has her limitations as a small fry MP.
    Hands up if you know who your MP is or what he/she has done for the community for the past 4 years

LTA to consider building NSE in phases
    By Hoe Yeen Nie | Posted: 14 February 2011 2026 hrs
    Photos 1*of 1

Raymond Lim
    * Twitter Messenger
    SINGAPORE: The Land Transport Authority (LTA) has said it will consider building the North South Expressway in phases, where feasible.

This comes after MP for Ang Mo Kio GRC Lee Bee Wah suggested in Parliament that portions closest to residential areas be completed first, with the aim of minimising disruption to residents over what is estimated to be a seven-year project.

Another issue was whether parts of the expressway near homes could be built as full tunnels, to ease traffic and noise disruption after the expressway is completed.

Transport Minister Raymond Lim replied that while the expressway was designed as a full tunnel in highly urbanised areas, this was not always possible because large plots of land about 15,000 square metres, or about two football fields, are needed for the required ventilation buildings.

Besides having to compete with other land uses, Mr Lim said there are also limits to how far possible sites, like the undeveloped land around Lentor Avenue and Yio Chu Kang road, can be developed.

Mr Lim said: "The possible sites for these ventilations buildings such as the undeveloped land around Lentor Avenue and Yio Chu Kang Road are encumbered by the existing MRT viaduct or currently form part of MINDEF's training ground, or are close to Yio Chu Kang MRT station where the land has been set aside for high density residential use.

"To place a ventilation building on any of these sites would put at risk the operations of a live MRT line, impede training for our national defence, or constrain our ability to have more homes in close proximity to the Yio Chu Kang MRT station."

He added that a ventilation building would have to be built in the vicinity of Bishan Park, which would adversely affect PUB's Active, Beautiful and Clean upgrading programme at the heavily used park.

-CNA/ac
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    At least Er Lee Bee Wah is speaking on behalf of residence...
    Being a civil engineer herself, I am sure she has done enough research to put up a case to fight but she has her limitations as a small fry MP.
    Hands up if you know who your MP is or what he/she has done for the community for the past 4 years
    Lee Bee Wah happens to be my MP.

She has done enough research? I am curious, what did she say in the parliament that showed you that she has done enough research?

Frankly, I thought the transport minister reason was not convincing at all.

People like lee bee wah can be mp, I think anyone of us can be mp, even

She has done enough research? I am curious, what did she say in the parliament that showed you that she has done enough research?

I said based on her training "as a civil engineer... I am sure she has done enough research..." but did not imply that she had actually done her research.

I believe all ministers have their own agenda. Imagine if the transport minister agreed to consider alternative route for the NE line without seeking his advisors' views and it turned out wrong. So, his first attempt at this question which had been passed around before the start of this session was likely to confuse but subject to further discussions later. That's my interpretation.

as a political figure....i guess they got their limitations.....vy tough to understand unless we r in their shoes

am i rite to say every male citizenship do not wish to have NS liabilities if given a choice? many say a small atomic bomb can destroy SG liao...y nid NS? hehe

Ya! I wish it's less political and more people-centric but then what's politics without politics?

the point is sometimes for the amount of money we are paying them, I wished they will put in more effort.

..... no debate.... every response is accepted. If that is the case, why bother even asking the question.

I mean SERIOUSLY, do you guys think SAF need that small plot of land right beside the expressway for training????? Does it even sound reasonable?

LBW has to wayang a bit to please the residents. Cost of open tunnel is cheaper than running a ventilation building which occupies space for a tunnel.

Just like the workers' quarter in Serangoon Garden. Change in garmen's plan is difficult unless there is a very good reason.
    I said based on her training "as a civil engineer... I am sure she has done enough research..." but did not imply that she had actually done her research.

I believe all ministers have their own agenda. Imagine if the transport minister agreed to consider alternative route for the NE line without seeking his advisors' views and it turned out wrong. So, his first attempt at this question which had been passed around before the start of this session was likely to confuse but subject to further discussions later. That's my interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Just like the workers' quarter in Serangoon Garden. Change in garmen's plan is difficult unless there is a very good reason.
    Tat Ser Gdns wker qtr issue resulted in additional road that cost the gov $2mil to built to divert workers exclusively from AMK Ave 1 instead of internal roads within Ser Gdns... So in this case, if complaint hard enough and if engineering feasible, maybe something may be done ...at additional cost...perhaps

Tender out plot in front of Yio Chu Kang MRT before end of this year?

Sure make some people happy.

Tender out plot in front of Yio Chu Kang MRT before end of this year?

Sure make some people happy.
    I suggested this to our MP, Lee Bee Wah and the reply was that plots of land is not under her jurisdiction so she cannot do anything.

?? I don't get it. I am pretty sure you implied she had actually done her research by saying "Being a civil engineer herself, I am sure she has done enough research to put up a case to fight but she has her limitations as a small fry MP."

?? I don't get it. I am pretty sure you implied she had actually done her research by saying "Being a civil engineer herself, I am sure she has done enough research to put up a case to fight but she has her limitations as a small fry MP."
    maybe he meant to use the word 'state' rather than imply?

anyway i guess Nuovots would just have to suck this up and live with it

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    maybe he meant to use the word 'state' rather than imply?

anyway i guess Nuovots would just have to suck this up and live with it
    yea...and over time they will get use of it..

in fact , alot alot of properties are being hit by the close proximity of the expressway..

i would expect the sembawang cottage to be like ...hmm.. 10 - 15m directly facing the viaduct...also the ching pang's area...my goodness..if you are the resident...you will

I suggested this to our MP, Lee Bee Wah and the reply was that plots of land is not under her jurisdiction so she cannot do anything.
    of course not her jurisdiction.. hers is table tennis ...

anyway it will be tendered out later... even if she know, also cannot reveal.

it should be after elections, either this or next.. haha, Because I duno.

Nuovo still make money lah.. dun be greddy... sell and move on or wear ear plugs. problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    do let us know your findings, would be interesting to know what the outcome is
    On the issues of compensation resulted in the acquisition of land, the collector had send the letter directly to all the residents and requesting them to present to the collector their claims based on the assessor. Each unit is, technically speaking, need to engage their respective’s assessor and made a claim before the Collector and to attend the Inquires.

However, the resident may choice to empower their managing committee to act on their behalf thru extra ordinary meeting to pass the resolution for the MC to act. This, in a way make an economic sense.

Now come to the compensation part, the Collector will pay directly to the resident if he represent himself, based on the total compensation amount over the entitle nos of shares. If the property is represented by the MC, the collector will pay to the MC collectively and the arrangement for distribution will not involved the Collectors. It will be entire up to the MC and the resident arrangement.

The weighting between directly affected units and non affected units is hard to made judgment and hence making the distribution almost impossible while not deny the fact that certain units are more affected then the other. As such, the MC may allocate the monies into the funds. During the extra ordinary meeting, the resident will have to request/decide for the monies to be used specifically to enhance the value of the property to be set aside or transfer into the maintenance funds for future maintenance work.

As a whole, the amount is not expected to be high individually, it may be almost insignificant or meaningless to cash back, it make sense to use it(collectively) specifically to enhance the value of the property instead.

Thx for effort, zzz1, doesn't seem to be much for residents on compensation, gloomy outlook

Thx for effort, zzz1, doesn't seem to be much for residents on compensation, gloomy outlook
    yap...gloomy indeed. some even ended in legal tussle.

Should be into sinking fund..

Not much after divide by 297.

Then some money used for new fence wall. Maybe nett nett not much gain.
    See my posts on this. Better into sinking than individual fighting for a bigger piece of pie. It's 'pai' Liao