Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Demand for landed properties likely to be robust

Quote Originally Posted by bullman
    Frankly, I do not see it as chasing runaway prices. Rather, the landed prices have been undervalued all along and home buyers are starting to see the light (Developers saw the light a long time ago).

In the next down, how much can landed drop from the peak? 40-50% ? These are not exactly prime condo units that we are talking about here. Moving forward, how much more steam left in the landed bull? Its anybody's guess.

In a nutshell, I am speaking like those analysts; nothing useful.
    applies to all other segments den....

smtimes i mentioned certain projects cheap for a reason....but others may find it to be undervalued gems....

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    applies to all other segments den....

smtimes i mentioned certain projects cheap for a reason....but others may find it to be undervalued gems....

. What can I say? "One man's meat is another man's poison? "

For some who are willing to overlook the "flaws", cheap units become undervalued gems. There are many projects as examples but I shall not go into that area, lest subjected to flaminology.

On a more serious note, I think 2011 is the year of the "landed" story. Check out the caveats in Jan and Feb for a more complete picture.

. What can I say? "One man's meat is another man's poison? "

For some who are willing to overlook the "flaws", cheap units become undervalued gems. There are many projects as examples but I shall not go into that area, lest subjected to flaminology.

On a more serious note, I think 2011 is the year of the "landed" story. Check out the caveats in Jan and Feb for a more complete picture.
    2010 biggest winner oredi goes to landed.....2011 again....OMG....i dun have any landed

Apologies for being blur. How do we check on the designation of non-landed from Masterplan 2008.

Thats very true. For the benefit of all,
    1) One can check the road reserve line from SLA.
    2) The designation can be obtained from Masterplan 2008.

From an earlier thread, I commented on the lack of due diligence by the buyer. Many think that buying a landed is akin to a condo.

Currently looking at D9,10 landed which mostly do not have RRL and purely 2-3 storey designated landed only.

Quote Originally Posted by greenhorn
    The very limited supply and high demand for Landed is akin to Gold. Gold at $1400 some say is biggest bubble but some say will go up to >$1500 and last week heard experts on CNBC said $2500 in due time. Similarly for landed, some say bubble, some say safe haven for $ while others are still dreaming of it. Economics 101...
    Silver also.. They say it's fair value is gold/silver ratio of 30. So if gold is 2500 , then silver theorectically should be $83. If gold now at $1400, the fair value is around $43.. So silver still got room to run.. Everywhere there is a story for a bull.. and a bear... That's what makes investment interesting.. you take a side and your results shows whether you are correct or not..

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

TK area, in fact , most landed are are non designated landed ...meaning they can be converted to low rise condo

so check out before you buy
    Double edge sword
    On the flip side if you have a plot ratio . Potentially you can enbloc with neighbors to sell
    Thus your potential value could easily be higher on a psf basis base on plot ratio
    Eg destinated landed site 2000 sf at 1000psf =2 m
    With plot ratio 1.4 at psf 1200 (assuming base on surrounding condo px) = 3.36m

Quote Originally Posted by Duku
    Double edge sword
    On the flip side if you have a plot ratio . Potentially you can enbloc with neighbors to sell
    Thus your potential value could easily be higher on a psf basis base on plot ratio
    yes you can be 'enbloc'

thats why so many bouquet condos in east coast area ... simply to much ..overkill

if you want a landed for own stay, then i would avoid those areas ..

Double edge sword
    That is a really interesting point that is being brought up. Actually, when developers make offer to enbloc for landed, they will offer based on the plot ratio.

In this sense, owners develop the false impression that developers are offering much higher prices compared to the market, which is approximately 40% more, based on a plot ratio of 1.4.

Morale of the story: Get landed in areas with 1.8- 2.2 plot ratio. Those are the gems. Cat is out of the bag?

That is a really interesting point that is being brought up. Actually, when developers make offer to enbloc for landed, they will offer based on the plot ratio.

In this sense, owners develop the false impression that developers are offering much higher prices compared to the market, which is approximately 40% more, based on a plot ratio of 1.4.

Morale of the story: Get landed in areas with 1.8- 2.2 plot ratio. Those are the gems. Cat is out of the bag?

aiya know this long ago already lah

yes you can be 'enbloc'

thats why so many bouquet condos in east coast area ... simply to much ..overkill

wa.... developers selling flowers now?

Quote Originally Posted by duckweed
    wa.... developers selling flowers now?

my bad ...

yes you can be 'enbloc'

agreed. If you want for own stay, 100% avoid those area.

terrible living environment. I mean if your neighbour wants to enbloc and force you to sell together with him, makes your life difficult... faint.

Or if you want to enbloc, neighbour don't want to enbloc. After all, after 1-2 rounds of enbloc fever, those who want to enbloc probably may already have. Those who don't want, die die will stay on....

not to mention all the condo buildings, overcrowded roads. super bad.

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    agreed. If you want for own stay, 100% avoid those area.

terrible living environment. I mean if your neighbour wants to enbloc and force you to sell together with him, makes your life difficult... faint.

Or if you want to enbloc, neighbour don't want to enbloc. After all, after 1-2 rounds of enbloc fever, those who want to enbloc probably may already have. Those who don't want, die die will stay on....

not to mention all the condo buildings, overcrowded roads. super bad.
    Agree, imagine next day, several houses along the same lane get enbloc to be built into a boutique condo. Once up, u now have more cars passing your house every morning & evening..., lane become a busy street. Wkend sometimes even worst, esp if your house is now next to condo, cars queue up from security entrance right up to your gate, while waiting to clear guardhouse...certainly a no-no if you are buying to stay..., suddenly doesn't feel like a landed anymore...gone is the exclusiveness that landed entails...

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Agree, imagine next day, several houses along the same lane get enbloc to be built into a boutique condo. Once up, u now have more cars passing your house every morning & evening..., lane become a busy street. Wkend sometimes even worst, esp if your house is now next to condo, cars queue up from security entrance right up to your gate, while waiting to clear guardhouse...certainly a no-no if you are buying to stay..., suddenly doesn't feel like a landed anymore...gone is the exclusiveness that landed entails...
    but if buy for investment....can pray for enbloc windfall rite?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    but if buy for investment....can pray for enbloc windfall rite?
    Yes, sometimes durian do fall$....

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Agreed
    Then again not ALL landed in such area are considered to be bad.
    There are still pockets of gems there.
    With the potential windfall, perhaps an 'upgrade' to a more exclusive landed area could be considered as well

Agreed
    Then again not ALL landed in such area are considered to be bad.
    There are still pockets of gems there.
    With the potential windfall, perhaps an 'upgrade' to a more exclusive landed area could be considered as well
    very hard to fish out gems liao....many waiting for enbloc instead or ask high high when they noe got enbloc potential....

only chance to buy those gems is during next recession