Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Melosa-Geylang Lorong 28 by Ecco Properties

living in geylang is like living in Penang Georgetown...w all those old short houses lining along the street. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by rontan_83
    Iris, ur place better than us... No prostitute at lorong 28...
    I think still have some in the landed, maybe on call only.

Just hope that after all the apartments are up, we can see a new and clean Lorong 24, though it might not be 100%.

To have it completely clean in Geylang, have to depend on our beloved govt. Hope that they can put in more effort for the residents. Though around the vice areas, there are more pte ppty but most of them are also the 'children' of the govt.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng View Post
    I think still have some in the landed, maybe on call only.

Just hope that after all the apartments are up, we can see a new and clean Lorong 24, though it might not be 100%.

To have it completely clean in Geylang, have to depend on our beloved govt. Hope that they can put in more effort for the residents. Though around the vice areas, there are more pte ppty but most of them are also the 'children' of the govt.

Iris..ur house ready liao....why not asking them to handover the key to u?

Quote Originally Posted by rontan_83 View Post
    Iris..ur house ready liao....why not asking them to handover the key to u?
    Your news very updated huh,

Already received the TOP letter last week but we have not arranged for the key collection yet.

image.jpg (473.1 KB)

Why when I post different photos, but appear the same photos leh?

Last edited by irisng; 13-10-13 at 19:31.

Looking good. No noisy water feature on the pool. Maybe little noise from neighbour tv sets, but then u can always close your window.

Layout outdoors ooks very similar to case aerata.

haha i saw my fren unit in the photo

Quote Originally Posted by babyt View Post
    haha i saw my fren unit in the photo
    any OKT renting ?

Quote Originally Posted by SQ008 View Post
    Layout outdoors ooks very similar to case aerata.
    The pool belongs to Casa Aerata.

Quote Originally Posted by rontan_83 View Post
    any OKT renting ?
    Don't know but I saw some ang moh and I think one of my neighbour is Malay because they were having house warming when we went there.

Sis iris congrats.. Your unit looks bright and nice !

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro View Post
    Sis iris congrats.. Your unit looks bright and nice !
    Thanks. My balcony is west facing but compensate by the swimming pool view, haha. Good for drying clothing too. Hope my future tenant don't mind the west sun.

Congrats Iris

Congrats Iris !!! Your condo looks good ! It seems like only "yesterday" when you shared about buying your condo. How time flies !

Quote Originally Posted by Learner View Post
    Congrats Iris
    Sis iris..not inviting me for housewarming?

Quote Originally Posted by lifeline View Post
    Congrats Iris !!! Your condo looks good ! It seems like only "yesterday" when you shared about buying your condo. How time flies !
    Ya, how times flies. During that time, still undecisive whether to buy or not and now is already TOP.

Lots of things still cannot be done yet, need to wait for the defects to be rectified first before I put up my curtains and shift in the furnitures. But I have already bought the fridge and washing machine and have been postponing the delivery again and again until they say cannot liow and give me a last date of delivery (by end of this month) haha , I feel paseh also. Bought the fridge and washing machine during the warehouse sales, a bit too early liow.

Can I shift in the fridge and washing machine before they rectify all the defects? Is already >1 week, still no news from them to come and verify my defects leh, sign......

Thanks. My balcony is west facing but compensate by the swimming pool view, haha. Good for drying clothing too. Hope my future tenant don't mind the west sun.
    Hope that when Rezi is ready, it can block some of the afternoon sun but the building will be very close to mine, no choice lah, nothing is perfect. I can also see Rezi swimming pool too.

What are the defects?

No choice la. Geylang lorongs are either east or west sun facing. Mine is west sun cause I hope my side can catch some city view. Can dry my laundry in the open balcony.

Quote Originally Posted by babyt View Post
    What are the defects?

No choice la. Geylang lorongs are either east or west sun facing. Mine is west sun cause I hope my side can catch some city view. Can dry my laundry in the open balcony.
    My current house is facing west and I regret for it, the Sun between 4pm-6pm is so damn hot hence my room hot like oven at night after the wall absorbed the heat

Can I shift in the fridge and washing machine before they rectify all the defects? Is already >1 week, still no news from them to come and verify my defects leh, sign......

can shift in the fridge and washing machine (they want to clear storage space after that sales). anyway no issue as long as:

1. no hacking
    2. the items are not in the way - block access to repair and/or get damaged
    3. no one carts them away while workers are repairing defects

hopefully there are no defects in your kitchen (or not many anywhere).
    Last edited by lifeline; 14-10-13 at 10:56.

Quote Originally Posted by siewsphone View Post
    My current house is facing west and I regret for it, the Sun between 4pm-6pm is so damn hot hence my room hot like oven at night after the wall absorbed the heat
    Is your house in geylang too ?
    I am wondering if all west sun are the same or it varies by location ?

Quote Originally Posted by SQ008 View Post
    Is your house in geylang too ?
    I am wondering if all west sun are the same or it varies by location ?
    Today the weather is not so bad, I went down to my place at around 2pm. I did not turn on the aircond and I don't feel that hot, in fact, it was a bit windy when I opened my window and balcony sliding door.

During sunny day, the sun shine right into my house in the late afternoon, it was very bright but I didn't really feel that hot too, cos I had my aircond on. It really needs a curtain to block the sunlight. At around 8pm+ on that sunny day, I went out to the balcony to stand (aircond still on inside the house) but I don't feel that hot too, the only heat that I felt was my legs when I was standing near the aircond ledge, don't know was the heat come from the aircond ledge or from the afternoon sun.

Ya, how times flies. During that time, still undecisive whether to buy or not and now is already TOP.

Lots of things still cannot be done yet, need to wait for the defects to be rectified first before I put up my curtains and shift in the furnitures. But I have already bought the fridge and washing machine and have been postponing the delivery again and again until they say cannot liow and give me a last date of delivery (by end of this month) haha , I feel paseh also. Bought the fridge and washing machine during the warehouse sales, a bit too early liow.

I think the main concern would be who will be responsible if your appliances go missing .. Because during the rectification stage, your unit is likely to be left opened and unlocked to facilitate the workers to come in and out to do the rectifications...

Sometimes u need to go bang table and raise your voice a bit to expedite the rectification process...

Quote Originally Posted by siewsphone View Post
    Does turning on the aircon help?