Melosa @ Geylang Lorong 28

Freehold

54 units with 8 floor and 1 block.

1 Bedroom - 27 units (431/592sqft) from 48X,XXX onwards
    2 Bedroom - 27 units (481-710sqft) from 5XX,XXX onwards

http://www.propertylaunch.sg/Singapo...nch/Melosa.php

15 units sold so far

why is sales so slow?

if people say geylang condo can get 3000 per month. then rental yield should be good, 5% at least.

or hard to borrow from bank?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    why is sales so slow?

if people say geylang condo can get 3000 per month. then rental yield should be good, 5% at least.

erm geylang sales going slowly nowadays..i think the La Fleur also like that...slowly slowly now almost sell out le..

I love the sky pool concept. Unique in Geylang area.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    I love the sky pool concept. Unique in Geylang area.
    i thought is very common nowadays? suites@sims also open to sky...

cheaper than H81... if u buy rather than rent !!!
    hahaha..... Lor28..
    think safe zone ?

Quote Originally Posted by smallant
    cheaper than H81... if u buy rather than rent !!!
    hahaha..... Lor28..
    think safe zone ?
    should be..with atrium residences up there

why is sales so slow?

who say 3k???

farrer park MRT area MM only fetching 2.5k thereabout....so i tink geylang MM probaly 2k at most especially in Lor 28....or mabe its a plus point......

Type A1-A quite funny.
    The AC ledge is physically separated from the main unit. Yet still chargeable .
    Wonder where is the AC ledge for Type A1.

and type B4 has a humongous AC ledge, bigger than balcony

Type A1-A quite funny.
    The AC ledge is physically separated from the main unit. Yet still chargeable .
    Wonder where is the AC ledge for Type A1.

and type B4 has a humongous AC ledge, bigger than balcony
    Type A1's a/c ledge should be at the balcony I think. I would rather go for A1 than A1-A cos I need to pay for that stupid extra a/c ledge area.

Default Singapore’s top 5 rental -yielding properties

http://sg.yfittopostblog.com/2011/02...ng-properties/

Singapore’s top 5 rental -yielding properties

Sims Green condominium in District 14 (Photo courtesy of PropertyGuru)

By Mr. Propwise (courtesy of PropertyGuru)

In light of the recent round of measures that imposes a harsh Seller’s Stamp Duty for a lengthy period of time (16 percent, 12 percent, 8 percent and 4 percent for years 1, 2, 3 and 4 respectively), the focus of property investors will now have to shift from the short term to the long term, and from capital gains to rental yield.

With the help of the research team at PropertyGuru.com.sg, I have put together a list of the five projects in Singapore with the highest gross rental yields.

Getting this list involved going through PropertyGuru’s entire database of listings.

The methodology for the gross rental yield calculation was to take the average annualised asking rental per square foot for apartments in each project and divide that by the asking sale price per square foot.

Note that we do not include any other ancillary costs such as maintenance fees, so the net rental yields will be lower. Only projects with listings both for sale and rental were included in this exercise, and room rentals were excluded.

5. In fifth place is Sims Green, a 99-year leasehold development located at Lorong 27A in Geylang.

At an average asking price of $577 psf and rental of $2.59 psf/month, you get a gross rental yield of 5.4 percent. Completed in 2004 and situated near Aljunied MRT station, the 108 units here enjoy condo facilities such as a swimming pool, BBQ pits, gym and playground.

4. Next is Lilydale, yielding 5.6 percent with an average asking price of $564 psf and rental of $2.61 psf/month. A 99-year leasehold development located at Yishun Avenue 6, it is a few minutes’ drive to Yishun MRT Station and is also close to Seletar Country Club and Orchid Country Club.

Completed in 2003, residents of the 318 units enjoy condo facilities such as a swimming pool, BBQ pits, gym, tennis court, multi-purpose hall, and playground.

3. In third place is Atrium Residences, a freehold development located at Lorong 28 in Geylang. Close to 10 minutes walk from Aljunied MRT station, this project has a gross yield of 5.6 percent with an average selling price of $674 psf and asking rental of $3.16 psf/month.

It is a relatively new development (completed in 2009), comprises 142 units and has facilities such as a swimming pool, BBQ pits, gym, and clubhouse.

2. The second highest yielding project in PropertyGuru’s database is People’s Park Complex, which is yielding 5.7 percent with an average asking price of $812 psf and rental of $3.86 psf/month. It is an old 99-year leasehold development (completed in 1970) that is in a prime location just opposite Chinatown MRT Station.

1. And the highest yielding development is Wing Fong Mansions – at an asking price of $626 psf and monthly rental of $3.03 psf, it has a gross yield of 5.8 percent.

A freehold development located at Lorong 14 in Geylang, it is minutes away from the upcoming Mountbatten MRT Station. Completed in 1997, it comprises 218 units and has facilities such as a swimming pool.

From my observation, the highest yielding projects tend to fall into the following categories: 1) Projects further away (e.g. Yishun) or unpopular (e.g. Geylang) areas that are located close to MRT stations and 2) Centrally located leasehold projects that are very old.

The key to getting a high yield is a low per square foot price (you can see that all the projects in the top 5 have a psf of less than $1,000) combined with good “rentability” (close to MRT, centrally located).

If you’re focusing on rental yield (as opposed to just capital appreciation), prime projects in Orchard or Marina Bay are unlikely to be your ideal targets.

Mr. Propwise is the founder of Singapore property blog www.propwise.sg, which aims to help people make better real estate buying, selling, renting and investing decisions.

For regular property news delivered to your email, register at http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/news_register

Related articles:

Follow Yahoo! News on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by wenqing
    http://sg.yfittopostblog.com/2011/02...ng-properties/

Singapore’s top 5 rental -yielding properties

Sims Green condominium in District 14 (Photo courtesy of PropertyGuru)

By Mr. Propwise (courtesy of PropertyGuru)

In light of the recent round of measures that imposes a harsh Seller’s Stamp Duty for a lengthy period of time (16 percent, 12 percent, 8 percent and 4 percent for years 1, 2, 3 and 4 respectively), the focus of property investors will now have to shift from the short term to the long term, and from capital gains to rental yield.

With the help of the research team at PropertyGuru.com.sg, I have put together a list of the five projects in Singapore with the highest gross rental yields.

Getting this list involved going through PropertyGuru’s entire database of listings.

The methodology for the gross rental yield calculation was to take the average annualised asking rental per square foot for apartments in each project and divide that by the asking sale price per square foot.

Note that we do not include any other ancillary costs such as maintenance fees, so the net rental yields will be lower. Only projects with listings both for sale and rental were included in this exercise, and room rentals were excluded.

5. In fifth place is Sims Green, a 99-year leasehold development located at Lorong 27A in Geylang.

At an average asking price of $577 psf and rental of $2.59 psf/month, you get a gross rental yield of 5.4 percent. Completed in 2004 and situated near Aljunied MRT station, the 108 units here enjoy condo facilities such as a swimming pool, BBQ pits, gym and playground.

4. Next is Lilydale, yielding 5.6 percent with an average asking price of $564 psf and rental of $2.61 psf/month. A 99-year leasehold development located at Yishun Avenue 6, it is a few minutes’ drive to Yishun MRT Station and is also close to Seletar Country Club and Orchid Country Club.

Completed in 2003, residents of the 318 units enjoy condo facilities such as a swimming pool, BBQ pits, gym, tennis court, multi-purpose hall, and playground.

3. In third place is Atrium Residences, a freehold development located at Lorong 28 in Geylang. Close to 10 minutes walk from Aljunied MRT station, this project has a gross yield of 5.6 percent with an average selling price of $674 psf and asking rental of $3.16 psf/month.

It is a relatively new development (completed in 2009), comprises 142 units and has facilities such as a swimming pool, BBQ pits, gym, and clubhouse.

2. The second highest yielding project in PropertyGuru’s database is People’s Park Complex, which is yielding 5.7 percent with an average asking price of $812 psf and rental of $3.86 psf/month. It is an old 99-year leasehold development (completed in 1970) that is in a prime location just opposite Chinatown MRT Station.

1. And the highest yielding development is Wing Fong Mansions – at an asking price of $626 psf and monthly rental of $3.03 psf, it has a gross yield of 5.8 percent.

A freehold development located at Lorong 14 in Geylang, it is minutes away from the upcoming Mountbatten MRT Station. Completed in 1997, it comprises 218 units and has facilities such as a swimming pool.

From my observation, the highest yielding projects tend to fall into the following categories: 1) Projects further away (e.g. Yishun) or unpopular (e.g. Geylang) areas that are located close to MRT stations and 2) Centrally located leasehold projects that are very old.

The key to getting a high yield is a low per square foot price (you can see that all the projects in the top 5 have a psf of less than $1,000) combined with good “rentability” (close to MRT, centrally located).

If you’re focusing on rental yield (as opposed to just capital appreciation), prime projects in Orchard or Marina Bay are unlikely to be your ideal targets.

Mr. Propwise is the founder of Singapore property blog www.propwise.sg, which aims to help people make better real estate buying, selling, renting and investing decisions.

For regular property news delivered to your email, register at http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/news_register

Related articles:

Follow Yahoo! News on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
    Is it any surprise that 3 out of 5 are Geylang properties?

That's why I love Geylang

Default income level

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    who say 3k???

farrer park MRT area MM only fetching 2.5k thereabout....so i tink geylang MM probaly 2k at most especially in Lor 28....or mabe its a plus point......
    is it possible that Geylang can rent out for $3000 because the people who rent there have high income?

The 1 bedroom they rent in Geylang is also income generating so that may be a reason why they are willing to rent at $3000/ month

Default is this best or worst to buy?

hi all, is melosa best or worst to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by cytan6613
    dun buy any of the MM in geylang

so many of them coming online in next 2-3yrs....but i must say those who bot the first 1-2project at below 1kpsf r sitting on paper gains now

I think if u really wan to buy and budget constraint, u can actually go for centra heights which is the only new launch high-rise project. If not i think water edge is a good buy also.

dun go for lorong and near to red light district. Geylang now flooded with these kind of projects and will be hard for u to sell/rent bcos of the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by kaizhe
    I think if u really wan to buy and budget constraint, u can actually go for centra heights which is the only new launch high-rise project. If not i think water edge is a good buy also.

dun go for lorong and near to red light district. Geylang now flooded with these kind of projects and will be hard for u to sell/rent bcos of the competition.
    Agree. I did a 'walkabout' yesterday afternoon of the Lor 26-38 and saw all the Casa Aerata, La Brisa, La Fleur, Melosa etc all no action yet. Some not even torn down the existing building. Only La Brisa (and the one sort of nearest to Dakota MRT) has some action with excavators.

I think at least 2-3 yrs then all will complete and might complete around the same time. By then market will have many many other options... competition will be tough. Even for Centra Hts and Water Edge - as those two are sort of not here not there in terms of proximity to MRT too. Same goes for Royce Residences @ Lor 6 - but that one in different league (chicken league)...

Both Centra Heights and Wateredge will be priced at a premium despite being next to red light district.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Both Centra Heights and Wateredge will be priced at a premium despite being next to red light district.
    Centra Hts with Sims Ave address can understand... but the other? Lor 38 address right?

Yes, it is still at a premium. I went to their showflats yesterday. It seems to be about $1300 for the smallest 1 bedder for both. For the wateredge, you get slightly better furnishing and slightly lower psf.

Agree. I did a 'walkabout' yesterday afternoon of the Lor 26-38 and saw all the Casa Aerata, La Brisa, La Fleur, Melosa etc all no action yet. Some not even torn down the existing building. Only La Brisa (and the one sort of nearest to Dakota MRT) has some action with excavators.

I think at least 2-3 yrs then all will complete and might complete around the same time. By then market will have many many other options... competition will be tough. Even for Centra Hts and Water Edge - as those two are sort of not here not there in terms of proximity to MRT too. Same goes for Royce Residences @ Lor 6 - but that one in different league (chicken league)...
    There will be a very different view for Geylang also after those new launch completed. More projects coming up on lorong-lorong, heard lorong 7, 8, 31 and etc going to launch soon. Hopefully slowly the hotel will be demolished soon and no more chicken nest.

Water Edge quite a good one bcos it is far from the red light district, located next to the Geylang River which will be giving a new look soon according to master plan, nearby got Waterina and other not so bad projects too. MRT is a bit further but price compensate it. It has a 59m long rooftop swimming pool which is longer than the standard 50m olympic size! 1 bad thing is that the land plot is too narrow and behind got another 1 apartment blocking the view of the units behind. There have this children playground outside make it more livable for family perhaps?

There will be a very different view for Geylang also after those new launch completed. More projects coming up on lorong-lorong, heard lorong 7, 8, 31 and etc going to launch soon. Hopefully slowly the hotel will be demolished soon and no more chicken nest.

Water Edge quite a good one bcos it is far from the red light district, located next to the Geylang River which will be giving a new look soon according to master plan, nearby got Waterina and other not so bad projects too. MRT is a bit further but price compensate it. It has a 59m long rooftop swimming pool which is longer than the standard 50m olympic size! 1 bad thing is that the land plot is too narrow and behind got another 1 apartment blocking the view of the units behind. There have this children playground outside make it more livable for family perhaps?
    Seriously, what's the use of 59m long if it's going to be, say, only 2m across. ...

Seriously, what's the use of 59m long if it's going to be, say, only 2m across. ...
    Exactly.....clift only 25x10 but i tink its much better den those 50x5.... Hehe

aiya look from below damn nice la..look from below cannot see the width also haha, can show off to other MMs lol

aiya look from below damn nice la..look from below cannot see the width also haha, can show off to other MMs lol
    ok lor win lor lol

smallest unit macam 366sqft from 480k...

but but but, i already purchase Melosa already and also already give 5% ia ya ... too late to know u ... ... hope everything getting .........

but but but, i already purchase Melosa already and also already give 5% ia ya ... too late to know u ... ... hope everything getting .........
    How can you plonk down hard earned money without doing research??? Aiyo...

Anyway since you bought liao Melosa is not a bad project la. It's the first Geylang project with sky pool woh....... good for bragging rights...