Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: SkySuites@Anson

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    It may be good if they can have demountable wall to enable flexibility for owners to remove a room if possible to have a larger room. Otherwise, it will really be a squeeze.
    most apt/condos in US only have the main pillars and main external wall as permanent structure and all interior walls are removable ... so one can re-size the rooms etc ..

perhaps one day it will be like that in spore

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    most apt/condos in US only have the main pillars and main external wall as permanent structure and all interior walls are removable ... so one can re-size the rooms etc ..

perhaps one day it will be like that in spore
    removable as in hack away?

we can hack away the partition walls as long its not a structural wall/beam

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Wah, the 3 bedrooms 1001 sqft has so big useless air-con ledges and baywindows in addition to balcony that I estimate about the size of Masterbedroom! That means these probably take up at least 130 sqft leaving 870 sqft for the actual physical usable space for 3 bedrooms! (balcony is a luxury, not necessary, definitely not necessary for so small units!). Really can't imagine how squeeze the unit will be trying to squeeze 3 bedrooms + living + dining + kitchen into usable space of 870 sqft! For a 3 bedrooms, usable space needs to be at least 1000 sqft in order not to appear too squeezy!
    actually i tot their 3bedder layout is the most livable oredi.....their 1/2bedders worse.....haha

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    devil and shauntanzs, good luck at the showflat today. . Buy liao and keep us updated on how hot this is!
    dun tink i will be buying....4yrs SSD irks me

I believe there are demountable similar to those partition used in suntec conference room but more lightweight. Just like Clift, they have tempered glass partition (8-10mm thk) for bedroom to occupy less space as compared to a half-brick thick wall or blockwall of 110mm. Hacking and reinstatement of blockwall is too cumbersome and messy.
    Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    I believe there are demountable similar to those partition used in suntec conference room but more lightweight. Just like Clift, they have tempered glass partition (8-10mm thk) for bedroom to occupy less space as compared to a half-brick thick wall or blockwall of 110mm. Hacking and reinstatement of blockwall is too cumbersome and messy.
    tats nice.....demountable wall....

most of the walls are not even concrete ..all partition board like our 'flase ceiling'..

so its much easier to remove

developer breakeven is probably around 1.2-1.3k psf, so sell at 1.6 or 1.7k is still very generous profits.

break into MM units can sell higher and move sales faster... caveat emptor

This is what we call "Dry Construction". Does not need cement and sand mortar like brick or block wall.
    most of the walls are not even concrete ..all partition board like our 'flase ceiling'..

so its much easier to remove

Quote Originally Posted by august
    developer breakeven is probably around 1.2-1.3k psf, so sell at 1.6 or 1.7k is still very generous profits.

break into MM units can sell higher and move sales faster... caveat emptor
    duno how those buyer who just recently bot robinson suites(subsale) feels.... quantum almost half price........and livable space similar....(comparing skysuites 398sqft vs RS 495sqft)

50 Robinson Road #12-05
    Freehold
    $2842
    $1744k
    09 Feb 11
    50 Robinson Road #13-04
    Freehold
    $2878
    $1425k
    01 Feb 11
    50 Robinson Road #11-05
    Freehold
    $2805
    $1721k
    01 Feb 11
    50 Robinson Road #12-04
    Freehold
    $2840
    $1406k
    28 Jan 11
    50 Robinson Road #13-05
    Freehold
    $2882
    $1768k
    28 Jan 11

*the fund managed to subsold some units

ironically, so far, its the highest end, ie far east's "inessence" brand which provides white plan units for buyers to design their own and determine how many bedrooms they want. boulevard vue, alba, skyline @ orchard.

logically, should be able to be implemented for mass mkt condos too?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    ironically, so far, its the highest end, ie far east's "inessence" brand which provides white plan units for buyers to design their own and determine how many bedrooms they want. boulevard vue, alba, skyline @ orchard.

logically, should be able to be implemented for mass mkt condos too?
    demountable partition wall shd be very easy to implement....especially for side by side bedrooms or those 1+study units(as i always find the study room too tiny )....since nowadays the common bedrooms r so so tiny.....shd give buyer a choice

demountable partition wall shd be very easy to implement....especially for side by side bedrooms or those 1+study units(as i always find the study room too tiny )....since nowadays the common bedrooms r so so tiny.....shd give buyer a choice
    \

i am sure someday it will be done this way ( which would be like some 5yrs behind US)

then you know lah ... developers will use this concept as if they are being innovative and sell even more expensive

and ignorant singaporeans will also think they will be the first to have such 'freedom' to configure their condo .. and willingly get 'robertised' ...

duno how those buyer who just recently bot robinson suites(subsale) feels.... quantum almost half price........and livable space similar....(comparing skysuites 398sqft vs RS 495sqft)

50 Robinson Road #12-05
    Freehold
    $2842
    $1744k
    09 Feb 11
    50 Robinson Road #13-04
    Freehold
    $2878
    $1425k
    01 Feb 11
    50 Robinson Road #11-05
    Freehold
    $2805
    $1721k
    01 Feb 11
    50 Robinson Road #12-04
    Freehold
    $2840
    $1406k
    28 Jan 11
    50 Robinson Road #13-05
    Freehold
    $2882
    $1768k
    28 Jan 11

*the fund managed to subsold some units
    robinson suites FH mah... go ahead and pay premium lor

\

i am sure someday it will be done this way ( which would be like some 5yrs behind US)

then you know lah ... developers will use this concept as if they are being innovative and sell even more expensive

and ignorant singaporeans will also think they will be the first to have such 'freedom' to configure their condo .. and willingly get 'robertised' ...
    i actually tinking of implementing this concept in a 1+study unit....duno how much does it cost to hack away the 'dry' wall and install a demountable wall.....

by the way, the demountable wall can be folded? if demount, we nid to keep it somewhere rite....hehe

i actually tinking of implementing this concept in a 1+study unit....duno how much does it cost to hack away the 'dry' wall and install a demountable wall.....

by the way, the demountable wall can be folded? if demount, we nid to keep it somewhere rite....hehe
    do u need approval from condo management ?
    or even URA or SLA ?

do u need approval from condo management ?
    or even URA or SLA ?
    tot after CSC no nid wor...as long engaged those duno wat BCA approved contractors to do the job?

anybody care to share?

tot after CSC no nid wor...as long engaged those duno wat BCA approved contractors to do the job?

anybody care to share?
    well for landed anything goes

for condo ... when doing such reno .. you need to submit to mgtm office ... so that they security will let the workers in ... hang up protective covers for the lift etc etc

so no way you can do it quietly without they knowing

and if they dont approve how ??

well for landed anything goes

for condo ... when doing such reno .. you need to submit to mgtm office ... so that they security will let the workers in ... hang up protective covers for the lift etc etc

so no way you can do it quietly without they knowing

and if they dont approve how ??
    ya...jus nid to inform ur condo mgmt office for reno works.....dun hf to really give details one....

i tink hacking dun nid any formal approval...partitioning requires i tink

Anybody with experience for master br toilet without window normally found in 1br/studo?? Is it really necessary to install a ventilator to pump the air out, what is the route and how is that possible?
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Anybody with experience for master br toilet without window normally found in 1br/studo?? Is it really necessary to install a ventilator to pump the air out, what is the route and how is that possible?
    common bathrooms without windows aso required to haf a ventilator....

it basically provide air flow and usually channelled out to a/c ledge area.....when smbody 'pang sai' u better dun stand close to the other end of the ventilation hole....haha

common bathrooms with windows aso required to haf a ventilator....

it basically provide air flow and usually channelled out to a/c ledge area.....when smbody 'pang sai' u better dun stand close to the other end of the ventilation hole....haha
    You mean by routing it in parallel to the air con pipe?? that requires some hacking isn't it?
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    You mean by routing it in parallel to the air con pipe?? that requires some hacking isn't it?
    i not sure liao....when i collect the keys...its oredi done by the developer wor...

mine is thru false ceiling and link to a/c ledge....duno how they route it internally

Not so simple as it has to be designed with the future of having demountable system. For example, there may be gas/water pipes, electrical wires embedded in the wall. Check carefully before you hack the wall.
    ya...jus nid to inform ur condo mgmt office for reno works.....dun hf to really give details one....

It is not so easy. There are gas pipes, water pipes and electrical wires embedded in the walls.

gas pipe, water pipe can move around. Pang Sai (WC) pipe needs to go through the floor slab to floor below. That cannot be changed.

Quoted 730K+ for 24th flr, works out to be 2kpsf for the 365sq ft unit

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    Quoted 730K+ for 24th flr, works out to be 2kpsf for the 365sq ft unit
    abt there bcoz starts from 69xk for 12th flr.....and every flr 3k.....

i tink really priced to sell...wondering hows the sales....any idea?

Low flr not release? I think they wanna retain poolview units to see at much higher prices

Cool

abt there bcoz starts from 69xk for 12th flr.....and every flr 3k.....

i tink really priced to sell...wondering hows the sales....any idea?
    $700+k is really affordable for many..
    will it affect prices for icon n altez?