Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: SkySuites@Anson

i heard highest floor sold so far is #44-04, 398 sq ft, 2250psf. got discount for this kind of number? and they supposedly released only 80 units.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    ok....here is my review

yes about 40+ units sold....BUT only certain floors r released....can put in a chq for balloting if u r eyeing the low flr units...(according to the agt, averagely 3-5chq per unit received for all the low flr 1-2bedder....up to u to believe lah) I noticed few low flr 365sqft units r actually SOLD!! double standard? director bot it?

So, this explains y only 40+ units sold.....i tink its a wrong strategy employed by allgreen? if i am serious in buying a unit....i will aso submit a chq and try my luck for the lower floors since the project got no view except for 50+ floors onwards (3-4k per floor)

the showflat consists of 398, 699 and 10xxsqft (1,2,3 bedder respectively)

as expected....top end furnishing except the 1bedder's bathroom which r using those CMI black colored tiles.....

398sqft not livable in my opinion....definitely goto request the developer not to build the bedroom partition wall (showflat did not build it and oredi looks cramped)

699sqft is quite decent sized for the master room and living hall....the common room more like a study room size....so, it can comfortably fit in a couple or max 2 adults with a kid....

despite only 10xxsqft for the 3bedder, its actually looks pretty decent and again except for the tiny common bedrooms....

maintenance fee is quite high....i tink around 360+- for the 1bedder....unlike other projects in the vicinity, each unit actually entitled to a car lot....gd for home stay but not so gd for investors (pay more for the maintenance fee)

1bedders lower quantum but similar PSF as compared with the 2bedder for similar floors.....

mid flr 2x flr was quoted about 2040psf for the 398sqft and 667sqft(2bedder)

lets c the take up rate when its officially launched(releasing all the low flr units)

i tink lower 1 bedder is reserved for 'ka ki lang'....

Selling price above $2k psf, surrounding hasn't hit $2k

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    i tink lower 1 bedder is reserved for 'ka ki lang'....

Selling price above $2k psf, surrounding hasn't hit $2k
    Altez hit above long time ago leh??

Partly due to knight frank being the sales agt? Haha....

Robinson suites fully balloted except for their penthse within few hrs by huttons at much higher quantum....
    FH in raffles place pre-cooling measure, vs LH in Tanjong Pagar post-cooling measure....

How to compare?

ok....here is my review

yes about 40+ units sold....BUT only certain floors r released....can put in a chq for balloting if u r eyeing the low flr units...(according to the agt, averagely 3-5chq per unit received for all the low flr 1-2bedder....up to u to believe lah) I noticed few low flr 365sqft units r actually SOLD!! double standard? director bot it?

So, this explains y only 40+ units sold.....i tink its a wrong strategy employed by allgreen? if i am serious in buying a unit....i will aso submit a chq and try my luck for the lower floors since the project got no view except for 50+ floors onwards (3-4k per floor)

the showflat consists of 398, 699 and 10xxsqft (1,2,3 bedder respectively)

as expected....top end furnishing except the 1bedder's bathroom which r using those CMI black colored tiles.....

398sqft not livable in my opinion....definitely goto request the developer not to build the bedroom partition wall (showflat did not build it and oredi looks cramped)

699sqft is quite decent sized for the master room and living hall....the common room more like a study room size....so, it can comfortably fit in a couple or max 2 adults with a kid....

despite only 10xxsqft for the 3bedder, its actually looks pretty decent and again except for the tiny common bedrooms....

maintenance fee is quite high....i tink around 360+- for the 1bedder....unlike other projects in the vicinity, each unit actually entitled to a car lot....gd for home stay but not so gd for investors (pay more for the maintenance fee)

1bedders lower quantum but similar PSF as compared with the 2bedder for similar floors.....

mid flr 2x flr was quoted about 2040psf for the 398sqft and 667sqft(2bedder)

lets c the take up rate when its officially launched(releasing all the low flr units)
    pardon me but i am getting the impression that lower floors are more sought after? is that right? why???

but looking at the caveats for altez, #30-xx peaked at 21xxpsf very soon after launch in mar/apr 2010 last year and very few units were sold after that at higher psf. now skysuites' proposition seems more attractive (#40+ lower quantum and 22xxpsf) and not many are biting?

Altez hit above long time ago leh??

whahaha.....den wat about HDB? sell at JB price?

or u sell me urs at HDB price+10%...i am willing buyer here
    HDB is still livable space
    MM units are not

Nowsaday when a developer sells anything lesser than 400sqft the thought "unethical" immedately comes to mind.

These developer are in for the easy profit by subdividing GFA into as many MM without consideration if what they sell is suitable for inhabitation! With a little more effort they could still sell well with 500 +- sizes. It is made much worse when they include built in planter, balcony and bay windows into the 300++ floor area.

The skewed dimension in showrooms effectively fool and provide the deception to lure ignorant buyers. Not knowing what they see may not be what they are going to get. The regulations to control showroom design should really have come sooner.

Its rather disturbing to have such project in an area which so far has escape the madness

PS: i am vested in that area

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    but looking at the caveats for altez, #30-xx peaked at 21xxpsf very soon after launch in mar/apr 2010 last year and very few units were sold after that at higher psf. now skysuites' proposition seems more attractive (#40+ lower quantum and 22xxpsf) and not many are biting?
    i oredi explained....many will be trying their luck on low flrs first....1920-1950psf....even more attractive...no? furthermore, i really doubt KF marketing strength....

FEO strategy is vy different....launched lower units first den slowly up the price for the higher flrs....

Quote Originally Posted by august
    pardon me but i am getting the impression that lower floors are more sought after? is that right? why???
    i am surprised u ask y??

let me ask u....y u tink higher flrs is more attractive?

HDB is still livable space
    MM units are not
    i dun mind paying HDB price+10% for 699/10xxsqft

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    FH in raffles place pre-cooling measure, vs LH in Tanjong Pagar post-cooling measure....

How to compare?
    i duno any projects fully sold in a day by KF....but huttons did it many times....hehe

i am surprised u ask y??

Shouldn't higher floors be more premium since they offer better views and are cooler?

its different in skyscraper congested cbd. difference in view is minimal between mid floors if the building is not taller than the next skyscraper. in skysuite's case, the lower floors may get a pool view of its own or a next door project like icon, thus, may potentially be worth more.

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Shouldn't higher floors be more premium since they offer better views and are cooler?

i am surprised u ask y??

edited: saw earlier posts

PSF too high. I went down as well. Was quoted 850k for a 30th floor 398 sq ft unit. Too expensive. Yield only 3.5% assuming 2.5k rental. Layout isn’t the most ideal also. Kitchen is nicely done but can do it easily for less than 10k. I left without buying too. But I saw the options on the table left around by the agents. Didn’t touch them but they are all exposed so it isn’t very nice of KF to just leave it lying around. I saw a few deals being done on 17 March 2011. Most are 690k to 720k. All 10 to 20th floor.

those are the staff ones. din release below 23rd for fri vip previews rite?

purposely on display to show how low prices are? unethical?

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    PSF too high. I went down as well. Was quoted 850k for a 30th floor 398 sq ft unit. Too expensive. Yield only 3.5% assuming 2.5k rental. Layout isn’t the most ideal also. Kitchen is nicely done but can do it easily for less than 10k. I left without buying too. But I saw the options on the table left around by the agents. Didn’t touch them but they are all exposed so it isn’t very nice of KF to just leave it lying around. I saw a few deals being done on 17 March 2011. Most are 690k to 720k. All 10 to 20th floor.

tink rental there shld be higher than 2.5k ...can't be that low...

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    tink rental there shld be higher than 2.5k ...can't be that low...
    ya...shd be close to 3k...unless Icon drop to 3k

those are the staff ones. din release below 23rd for fri vip previews rite?

purposely on display to show how low prices are? unethical?
    norm staff not suppose to buy those low flrs too....so cud be those directors/bosses who bot it....y they buy MM? i am sure they can afford bigger units? hehe

btw, i only saw 3-4units of low flrs being sold....getting confusing here....anyway...me not buying....

Singapore Property. We attended the soft launch of Allgreen's SkySuites@Anson where demand was expectedly fuelled by investors seeking rental yields. Weaker investor sentiment after the government's cooling measures and uncertainties in global markets resulted in weaker crowd and take-up (50-60 of 360 units) over the weekend

Sought after because it is usually much cheaper than higher floors.

Developer tends to assign an unporportional premium to higher floor units resulting in poor resale value.

Most low floor units make money.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47

Developer tends to assign an unporportional premium to higher floor units resulting in poor resale value.

u got it...evident in projects above 30 storeys

u see the sail....vy high flr doesnt really command much higher resale premium

for bayview stacks, i actually prefer 2x flr.....high enuff to capture the whole bay and yet feels close to the bay......those 5x flr....everything looks so tiny liao....

Went to showflat to kaypoh. The size of the studio is really small. Although kitchenette (as pointed out by some) is quite nicely done up, the living/sleeping area is pathetic. One Queen size bed and most of yr area is taken up. They also removed the dividing wall to make it look bigger so you gotta take that inot account. Didn't like the glossy black tiles in the bathroom. The only draw is that the 40+ floors will have the container yard view. However, at >2200psf, will think twice.

What really sets this apart from the others is that each unit comes with an allocated car park lot which is quite unusual for apts in this area. If you impute the internally adjusted 'rental' for 92 yrs from the carpark lot, the unit's pricing is not that bad. However, it wasn't enough to make me want to plonk down cash for the unit.

basically it is still a matter of pricing being unrealistic or simply too high across the board.
    high flrs will always be more sought after.
    so in order to move the less attractive lower flrs they over price the higher flrs to make the lower flrs more attractive lol

this has always been the case
    but this is 1st time i hear of developer withholding "more attractive" lower flrs hahaha!

but wat i dun understand is:

skysuites: #30+ 21xxpsf 398 sq ft $850k now 2011
    altez: #30 21xxpsf 840 sq ft $1.8m apr 2010, recent transaction is #38 at 2500psf.

why is skysuites not attractive enough for investors?

Many of us buy CBD for investment. Many of our tenants dont drive.

So each allocates a parking lot which you are charged for as maintenance fee is unnecessary cost. How many CBD project has shortage of carpark lots for resident? Zero.

As an incentive they should offer instead a cut to maintenance fee should you not take up this option.

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    Went to showflat to kaypoh. The size of the studio is really small. Although kitchenette (as pointed out by some) is quite nicely done up, the living/sleeping area is pathetic. One Queen size bed and most of yr area is taken up. They also removed the dividing wall to make it look bigger so you gotta take that inot account. Didn't like the glossy black tiles in the bathroom. The only draw is that the 40+ floors will have the container yard view. However, at >2200psf, will think twice.

What really sets this apart from the others is that each unit comes with an allocated car park lot which is quite unusual for apts in this area. If you impute the internally adjusted 'rental' for 92 yrs from the carpark lot, the unit's pricing is not that bad. However, it wasn't enough to make me want to plonk down cash for the unit.

Maybe cooling measures? You mentioned Altez deal was done in Apr 2010. Or CBD buyers dry up? Or MM units buyer dry up?

But some buyers for Sporttiswoode 18 will be kicking themselves for paying the same price for MM. Skysuites location is far superior. They should have made it 450 sq ft @ 900k. More appealing. 365 sq ft is just so unlivable which explains its slow sale. Maybe more people are aware of 300+ sqft "rentability"?

but wat i dun understand is:

skysuites: #30+ 21xxpsf 398 sq ft $850k now 2011
    altez: #30 21xxpsf 840 sq ft $1.8m apr 2010, recent transaction is #38 at 2500psf.

why is skysuites not attractive enough for investors?

Many of us buy CBD for investment. Many of our tenants dont drive.

So each allocates a parking lot which you are charged for as maintenance fee is unnecessary cost. How many CBD project has shortage of carpark lots for resident? Zero.

As an incentive they should offer instead a cut to maintenance fee should you not take up this option.
    That's why its great. Because if your tenant doesn't drive, you can rent out your carpark lot cheap to office workers around the area. Parking lots in CBD area are always in high demand and not cheap. Office workers who drive will gladly take up your offer if it is a cheaper alternative. This will supplement and boost your rental yield.

The parking lots in The Sail or One Shenton are still under common areas which is maintained by mgt which you have to pay for as an owner. Do you think they are charging you cheaper because they don't allocate you a lot.

In my younger days, I did it before when my company offer me a carpark lot instead of cash allowance. Since I already had a lot somewhere else, I 'leased' it to a friend for additional monthly income.

some pple just like freehold i guess and they may like the "supposed redevelopment" of the TP railway station hahaha.

but there are so many even more unliveable 3xx sq ft studios (some by oxley for e.g.) which sold like hot cakes recently still leh?

Maybe cooling measures? You mentioned Altez deal was done in Apr 2010. Or CBD buyers dry up? Or MM units buyer dry up?

But some buyers for Sporttiswoode 18 will be kicking themselves for paying the same price for MM. Skysuites location is far superior. They should have made it 450 sq ft @ 900k. More appealing. 365 sq ft is just so unlivable which explains its slow sale. Maybe more people are aware of 300+ sqft "rentability"?