Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172227323742 ... LastLast

Thread: Foresque Residences

by the way, oredi receive smses for bigger units in ccr which r selling at or slightly below recent tx

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    tats the idea....buy bigger units during downturn

much much easier to find big units on firesale during downturn

cannot depend on this forum to get contrarian signals la....if u realise, only a few of us keep posting nia

but i can tell u....those who bot big units now....sure sweating if their pocket got holes

but the problem is: proudowner still preaching big units now....duno wats his agenda
    agree with you. large units are now dead meat and out of fashion. park natura and duchess residences are prime examples. no one wants to buy them.

I do like big units, for self stay though.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    agree with you. large units are now dead meat and out of fashion. park natura and duchess residences are prime examples. no one wants to buy them.

I do like big units, for self stay though.
    definitely big units r gd for own stay for self enjoyment

but to spend millions for a big unit n rent it out to tenants at such low yield now?

y spend a bomb n let others to enjoy?

For rental...large units may not justify the quantum...even hdb....3 room ...2.5K holland area, cost about 300K...5 rm about 600k but can you rent it out for 5K?

so do u agree wif me tat investing in bigger units r mainly for capital appreciation? but wif 4yrs SSD now....cannot cash out if px goes up....den suffer low yield for 4yrs? wat if downturn hits within the next 4yrs? stuck wif a big shyt?

to be fair, i think proud owner is just saying generally big units make better long term investments but he is not timing it.

i think the only big unit owners who are sweating are those who bought in the 2007 boom. any way to check all those caveats and call them one by one ask want to firesale or not? hahahahahahaha

tats the idea....buy bigger units during downturn

much much easier to find big units on firesale during downturn

cannot depend on this forum to get contrarian signals la....if u realise, only a few of us keep posting nia

but i can tell u....those who bot big units now....sure sweating if their pocket got holes

but the problem is: proudowner still preaching big units now....duno wats his agenda

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    to be fair, i think proud owner is just saying generally big units make better long term investments but he is not timing it.

i think the only big unit owners who are sweating are those who bought in the 2007 boom. any way to check all those caveats and call them one by one ask want to firesale or not? hahahahahahaha
    he goto state his intentions clear.....wait really got ppl got the wrong idea n go and hoot a big unit now.....

just like some ppl keep saying interest rate will start to raise (commented in early 2010)....den those go n listen n lock up fixed rates tat time must be

big units firesale will look for u during downturn lor

in the long run, those vy big units n old old projects got chance to enbloc.....but meantime goto suffer on low yields and heavy repair cost....quite troublesome one u noe.....tenant call u this leak...there spoil
    den especially u buy for investment....u dun really want to spend so much to repair n renovate rite?
    i m keeping old n big units ....not for sale and wish to hit jackpot one day....but the process is vy tiring n frustrating....

and older bigger units doesnt mean can find tenants easily.....actually its the reverse.....not unless u r willing to renovate it nicely.....a big 3bedder of let say 1300-1500sqft fetches abt the same rental as a brandnew 2bedder 800-1ksqft
    Last edited by devilplate; 18-05-11 at 13:22.

so do u agree wif me tat investing in bigger units r mainly for capital appreciation? but wif 4yrs SSD now....cannot cash out if px goes up....den suffer low yield for 4yrs? wat if downturn hits within the next 4yrs? stuck wif a big shyt?
    yes and yes and yes

although to be fair, proud_owner's observation ("I'm scared ppl saying 2M is expensive") is valid: there is no significant increase in income.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    yes and yes and yes

although to be fair, proud_owner's observation ("I'm scared ppl saying 2M is expensive") is valid: there is no significant increase in income.
    Its definitely valid tats y hdb bto getting smaller n condos getting even smaller

But he noes salary lags behind ppty px now n yet preaches big units now...can make other bankrupt one u noe

Its definitely valid tats y hdb bto getting smaller n condos getting even smaller

But he noes salary lags behind ppty px now n yet preaches big units now...can make other bankrupt one u noe
    ...actually he said,,,, he thought peoiple are saying that salary has increased a lot....so if I guess correctly, he misread the market, thinking with increasing salary people will be able to afford bigger units....that would not be the case....as psf increase to match demand as salary increase, there is no way property will lag behind salary increase as once people got money, property would be top of their upgrade list, thsu driving up prices... I would say he is worried for himself rather than other people....load of bulls...either that or he is bragging.

in late 2009 to early 2010, i commented that Reporter's blind highlighting of record psf is in total disregard to quantum. also can bankrupt pple one leh, but i got slammed by a lot of pple instead.

proud owner always preached big units, not only now, so i dun see why anyone who can't afford will be able to buy these big units.

in late 2009 to early 2010, i commented that Reporter's blind highlighting of record psf is in total disregard to quantum. also can bankrupt pple one leh, but i got slammed by a lot of pple instead.

proud owner always preached big units, not only now, so i dun see why anyone who can't afford will be able to buy these big units.
    Deviates too much liao la

Po says salary nvr increase much....
    At the same time preach big units....

Actually I'm kinda confuse. What is the so called "bench mark" price to define "expensive" and out of reach for the majority. King kong did mentioned my shaughnessy unit (which now transact at 1.515 mil) has high quantum (and too big is no gd) and is out of reach for majority. But then I look at all east coast condo, tanjong rhu condo, robertson quay, or even OCR like kovan 3/4 bedder all easily transact at near or more than 1.5 mil.

Seriously I dunno what is meant by "affordable" in today's context. To me, what is expensive may be defined as tennery 1 bedder at 1300 psf, scala 1400 psf or Greenwich at 1300psf or foresque at 1100 psf. When compare all these, my shaughnessy seems cheapskate. Wah piang, i really dunno shld judge base on quantum or psf.

Secondly, I'm also not sure when u guys states anything more than 1.5 or 2 mil as "expensive" is it based on your own fanancial profile or representing others as well. If its others, how come i can easily see many transactions crossing 1.5 mil lodge in caveat? Pls dun be mistaken as I hv no agenda. I bought the cluster house purely for self stay coz of family needs. Thanks

if u check the caveats across all the districts, and rank them by quantum, other than CCR, there is a significantly less proportion of units which transact at between 1.5m to 2m and even fewer for 2m and above.

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    Actually I'm kinda confuse. What is the so called "bench mark" price to define "expensive" and out of reach for the majority. King kong did mentioned my shaughnessy unit (which now transact at 1.515 mil) has high quantum (and too big is no gd) and is out of reach for majority. But then I look at all east coast condo, tanjong rhu condo, robertson quay, or even OCR like kovan 3/4 bedder all easily transact at near or more than 1.5 mil.

Seriously I dunno what is meant by "affordable" in today's context. To me, what is expensive may be defined as tennery 1 bedder at 1300 psf, scala 1400 psf or Greenwich at 1300psf or foresque at 1100 psf. When compare all these, my shaughnessy seems cheapskate. Wah piang, i really dunno shld judge base on quantum or psf.

Secondly, I'm also not sure when u guys states anything more than 1.5 or 2 mil as "expensive" is it based on your own fanancial profile or representing others as well. If its others, how come i can easily see many transactions crossing 1.5 mil lodge in caveat? Pls dun be mistaken as I hv no agenda. I bought the cluster house purely for self stay coz of family needs. Thanks

Lets tok abt ur shaug lor...
    Mabe can compare wif a 3bedder at 8cy? 7xx-8xxk....and flour worth more den bread rite ....so ppl choose affordable 800k 3bedder n sacrifice on living space rather den stretch to max n buy ur shaug at 1.5mil?

Delete. Duplicate
    Last edited by Xan; 18-05-11 at 19:59.

if u check the caveats across all the districts, and rank them by quantum, other than CCR, there is a significantly less proportion of units which transact at between 1.5m to 2m and even fewer for 2m and above.
    Wif 60%ltv, budget shrink by half....

Used to b 80%ltv....200k cash can buy 1mil ppty....
    60%ltv can only afford 500k

I oredi said mm will chiong even more after 40%ltv was announced

While pple buy for investment, I believe there are also pple who buy for self stay and space like me. I cannot imagine myself cluttered in a 2 bedder with my family though the quantum is less than a mil. Anyway thank you guys for the reply.

Wif 60%ltv, budget shrink by half....

Used to b 80%ltv....200k cash can buy 1mil ppty....
    60%ltv can only afford 500k

I oredi said mm will chiong even more after 40%ltv was announced
    What u mentioned is in the context of investment, not self stay.

Lets tok abt ur shaug lor...
    Mabe can compare wif a 3bedder at 8cy? 7xx-8xxk....and flour worth more den bread rite ....so ppl choose affordable 800k 3bedder n sacrifice on living space rather den stretch to max n buy ur shaug at 1.5mil?
    3 bedder CY couldn't fit into my needs since I am staying with my parents and kids. So can't use this to compare. How abt 4 bedder in CY? Very cramp for me as well... But nvm...Maybe 1.2 mil? What is 1.5 mil compare to 1.2 mil when I can get a size 2.5 times bigger than 4 bedder at 8CY?

While pple buy for investment, I believe there are also pple who buy for self stay and space like me. I cannot imagine myself cluttered in a 2 bedder with my family though the quantum is less than a mil. Anyway thank you guys for the reply.
    hi xan, actually i had viewed shaug.. space were more cluttered and spread over few storeys..

im standing in the 3rd party's view.

diff pp diff needs.. but i still prefer the common 2bedder space

3 bedder CY couldn't fit into my needs since I am staying with my parents and kids. So can't use this to compare. How abt 4 bedder in CY? Very cramp for me as well... But nvm...Maybe 1.2 mil? What is 1.5 mil compare to 1.2 mil when I can get a size 2.5 times bigger than 4 bedder at 8CY?
    So u r trying to say y ppl pay 1.5mil 4bedder in ocr condo n y not buy urs?

Den some will say, y not top up abit to 2mil n buy my landed? 99lh landed can be bot less den 2mil too

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    hi xan, actually i had viewed shaug.. space were more cluttered and spread over few storeys..

im standing in the 3rd party's view.

diff pp diff needs.. but i still prefer the common 2bedder space
    Yap I agree...diff people diff opinion and needs. I respect that. On the contrary, I find it very spacious (maybe due to my units ID design) and the view in front of me is a golf course. I like the fact it spans over many levels....as what my wife always said...she enjoys the privacy of not having to see my parents everytime coz we stay in diff floors. Hehe

What u mentioned is in the context of investment, not self stay.
    Y not...i currently own a 3bedder for eg....i wana buy another one for own stay n keep the current one for rental....still 60%ltv rite?

If ltv goes bck to 80 or even 90%, big units will get popular again
    But it will only happen after we kena recession.....

So for now till nxt downturn, mm n smaller quantum will b popular whether u like it anot....

For bigger units, buy during next dip totally no point now

What about 30 years later with clift?
    can choose ready projects.....those wif ura rental psf

i love my clift.....clift 1bedder 500sqft....no rental psf yet but some r selling wif tenancy of 3.8-4k....pricing now 1.1mil

how about emerald garden? older...bigger...decent sized units?
    3bedder asking px 2-2.2mil(latest tx a 3bedder 1.76mil)....rental asking 5k

Yap I agree...diff people diff opinion and needs. I respect that. On the contrary, I find it very spacious (maybe due to my units ID design) and the view in front of me is a golf course. I like the fact it spans over many levels....as what my wife always said...she enjoys the privacy of not having to see my parents everytime coz we stay in diff floors. Hehe
    Own stay worth the px tag lor ...

But were u buy another shaug at 1.5mil now to rent out? No rite?

All these toks abt mm vs big units r coming from investment pt of view

..so it sounds like biggies are sought after when it dips....and shun when prices are high....so even if prices are high....biggies will be difficult to sell....its a vicious cycle....that is why people like PO is worried.....as he likes to quote...'get it?'

similarly looka t the prices betw HDB 5-rm and EA/EM price difference usually close as there is a threshold quantum in HDB market.....

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    devil-plate wont hold for 30yrs straight..

he will accumulate some and dispose some along the way..

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Den how abt ur southbank 30yrs later?

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71
    devil-plate wont hold for 30yrs straight..

he will accumulate some and dispose some along the way..
    U noe me best
    Keep fh gems along the way