Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 51015202530313233343536373839404550 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1625

Thread: Foresque Residences

Basically my idea is to get some spill over effect from the other 99 year plot sold a few months back. http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/prope...ttracts-9-bids

Mention "Dairy Farm", and people know its Upper Bukit Timah. I think people dunno where Petir Road is. You have to say its "Bukit Panjang" meaning "Hill Long"...to which people will ask "Which Block?".

If I had my way, "Long Hill" would be ideal like One Tree Hill Residence is a freehold apartment development located at 1A, One Tree Hill (that's it) in District 10

Oh...there goes my snob appeal thing again. I will shut up for a while and find out from Wincheer and sound out the MP.

....if its all i n the name, perhaps you have paid too much for your apartment, MP should have other more important things to do than to entertain such frivolous and snobbish matter.

U pay peanut you get monkey name lah

Dare2, I absolutely agree with you it feels frivolous for me to dabble in this too. But I am too worried about valuations. I am not afraid about the oncoming supply. The world economy is going to recover soon because of shale oil and gas boom in the Americas and Russia. This article is already talking about this new source of energy changing the world economic order.

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-Ge...ansformed.html

Barring external shocks, the local property scene is all about Elections 2016. Beyond that, if the boom continues, the curbs is bound to be relaxed if PAP stays in power because it will be a happier electorate by then. I am not talking politics, just economic impact of politics.

flagship74, Zhenghua area really alot of monkeys literally. My target tenants should like.

Btw, just for info, the whole Bt Panjang was meant to be known as Zhenghua during the Speak Mandarin era just like Yishun but did not happen for some reasons. And there is really a hill known as Bt Panjang. Its now inside the Ministry of Defence. There are two hills inside Ministry of Defence namely Bt Gombak and Bt Panjang.
    Last edited by Bought In; 23-05-13 at 09:28.

Dairy Farm Boulevard sounds real odd to me as there is no co-relation between a farm and boulevard, cannot buy in. In my opinion, Dairy Farm Walk sounds better. Anyway, to change name is really unthinkable, I will not waste time..just be happy...you cant be wrong.

Dairy Farm Boulevard sounds real odd to me as there is no co-relation between a farm and boulevard, cannot buy in. In my opinion, Dairy Farm Walk sounds better. Anyway, to change name is really unthinkable, I will not waste time..just be happy...you cant be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Bought In
    Sunrise, I am also wondering if Wincheer tried changing the road name to give it some snob appeal. Maybe I will give them a call too. URA, being a government agency may not want to get into snob appeal when the social divide is a problem. Even LKY recognises there is a problem. But Wincheer probably would and should have tried.

p/s i am not but call me a snob or whatever, i just want this investment to be a steady one.
    originally the place is known as "gu suah" in hokkien, translated as "cow hill" in english during the kampong days.

Sunrise, really? "Cow Hill?" OMG, reminds me of my trip to Scotland.
    http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/fortw.../cowhill.shtml
    If Wincheer had done something, it would have cost us more anyways.

Chueec, I did not know farms and boulevard don't go. Looks like you are part of the intelligentsia.

Sunrise, really? "Cow Hill?" OMG, reminds me of my trip to Scotland.
    http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/fortw.../cowhill.shtml
    If Wincheer had done something, it would have cost us more anyways.

Chueec, I did not know farms and boulevard don't go. Looks like you are part of the intelligentsia.
    Thanks for teaching me a new word 'intelligentsia' so cheem, got to check dictionary. It is obvious you are more intelligent.

Can you find a road in Singapore with the word 'boulevard' that is at a country side area?There is Raffles Boulevard & Orchard Boulevard all in city area with broad wide road which is the meaning of boulevard...unless you think Petir is not Petite.

wow..wow..wow...engkland so powerfulsia

Quote Originally Posted by flagship74
    wow..wow..wow...engkland so powerfulsia
    U also like to take SQ...

The webpage for Skywoods ready at www.skywoods.com.sg

Noticed it was written quite 'unmissablely' obvious in the website that the address is Dairy Farm Road. Anyone thinking of changing address?

Quote Originally Posted by chueec
    U also like to take SQ...
    Y not ..so classysia..

chueec and flagship74, after your most recent post, I felt very excited but it also made me think even deeper. Though we are the only building on this stretch of Petir, aside from the two bus stops, all of us have our title deeds with the Petir Rd address.

That said, I haven't given up.

This is my story. I have lived in the area twice and with Singapore population increasing, I believe of all the suburban areas, Bt Panjang area had the most natural greenery short of going all the way to Woodlands and Sembawang. Bt Panjang is not too far from the Buona Vista area as well as the future Jurong Gateway.

Originally, I went to Rail Mall to sign up for Eco Santuary VVIP preview. At that time, the central banks of US and Europe was (and still is) outperforming Double A photocopy paper.

Fearing stagflation, I chose brick and mortar over cash. I liked Eco Santuary for the Chestnut Ave address after missing the then 900K++ for a 3 bedder Tree House. At the same time, I feared Elections 2016. (True enough, the government started to curbed property investments the next week after i registered interest with Eco Santuary and since then there had been a further round of curbing.)

Printing money is risky business. If there is no real economy stimulated to back it up, it will lead to hyperinflation and further recession i.e. depression at the same time. Today, we are aware that low interest rates has enabled small and medium enterprises in the Americas to borrow money for new technology to extract shale oil and gas. When the big boys followed, the US, Canada and now Argentina found luck with shale oil. Shale oil is different from the oil sands in Canada. It is crude oil but its not streaming underground. Rather, it can be micro-seeping 10 miles down. North Dakota, a sleepy farming state is suddenly an oil state.

So, back to my point, at the point of purchasing Foresque (for prounounciation, please see below), my gut feel was that up to 2016, home sales would be increasly difficult but the rental market would lag by about 2 to 3 years because while the voters became happy after having gotten the title deeds to their flats or ECs, they still had to wait for the construction. With that, I chose the project that would TOP earlier, much earlier. In case the world economy still did not sparkle, I would have made some rental income on a 2 year lease at the very least. At the Foresque showroom, I liked the stilted concept of the towers plus someone could have backed out from a choice unit and so I took it while several potential buyers were considering it too

Pronounciation of "Foresque"

Mediterannean Europe and France may pronounce it as "Forest-ker" or "Forest-kay" but the Americans will just pronoune it as "For Resk" which sounds like "For Rest".

As for Petir Road, the Brits pronounce it sounding like "Peter Road" while the Aussies and Americans prounce it as "Patter Road".

chueec and flagship74, after your most recent post, I felt very excited but it also made me think even deeper. Though we are the only building on this stretch of Petir, aside from the two bus stops, all of us have our title deeds with the Petir Rd address.

That said, I haven't given up.

This is my story. I have lived in the area twice and with Singapore population increasing, I believe of all the suburban areas, Bt Panjang area had the most natural greenery short of going all the way to Woodlands and Sembawang. Bt Panjang is not too far from the Buona Vista area as well as the future Jurong Gateway.

Originally, I went to Rail Mall to sign up for Eco Santuary VVIP preview. At that time, the central banks of US and Europe was (and still is) outperforming Double A photocopy paper.

Fearing stagflation, I chose brick and mortar over cash. I liked Eco Santuary for the Chestnut Ave address after missing the then 900K++ for a 3 bedder Tree House. At the same time, I feared Elections 2016. (True enough, the government started to curbed property investments the next week after i registered interest with Eco Santuary and since then there had been a further round of curbing.)

Printing money is risky business. If there is no real economy stimulated to back it up, it will lead to hyperinflation and further recession i.e. depression at the same time. Today, we are aware that low interest rates has enabled small and medium enterprises in the Americas to borrow money for new technology to extract shale oil and gas. When the big boys followed, the US, Canada and now Argentina found luck with shale oil. Shale oil is different from the oil sands in Canada. It is crude oil but its not streaming underground. Rather, it can be micro-seeping 10 miles down. North Dakota, a sleepy farming state is suddenly an oil state.

So, back to my point, at the point of purchasing Foresque (for prounounciation, please see below), my gut feel was that up to 2016, home sales would be increasly difficult but the rental market would lag by about 2 to 3 years because while the voters became happy after having gotten the title deeds to their flats or ECs, they still had to wait for the construction. With that, I chose the project that would TOP earlier, much earlier. In case the world economy still did not sparkle, I would have made some rental income on a 2 year lease at the very least. At the Foresque showroom, I liked the stilted concept of the towers plus someone could have backed out from a choice unit and so I took it while several potential buyers were considering it too

Pronounciation of "Foresque"

Mediterannean Europe and France may pronounce it as "Forest-ker" or "Forest-kay" but the Americans will just pronoune it as "For Resk" which sounds like "For Rest".

As for Petir Road, the Brits pronounce it sounding like "Peter Road" while the Aussies and Americans prounce it as "Patter Road".
    wow I just bought the place because I like it, near to parents and affordable that all, never think much about the address and wat the name of the project which will affect the price in future ... Pls help to get the address change..every time ppl ask me, where ur new place and I say Petir rd, wat where is it? But I answer them near dairy farm then they know where...

if you ask me, i want to get rid of "Residences" from Foresque Residences. It sounds so cliche. It should for example be just:

Foresque
    123, Petir Road #12-03

if you ask me, i want to get rid of "Residences" from Foresque Residences. It sounds so cliche. It should for example be just:

Foresque
    123, Petir Road #12-03
    Maybe u can ask WingTai to change the entrance to the back and extend Chestnut Ave to it then can get rid of the Petir address. Chestnut Ave still much better. I always tell ppl near Dairy Farm and never say Petir.

Maybe after talking to WingTai, the company will engage you as their consultant for future projects.

Bought In a troll like YT? sound alike - outrageous and bombastic

no la, gfoo. Troll has negative connotations. This is just rethinking but does not cause harm. if it works out, we can 'atas' our property. If not, just let it be. no harm trying.

By the way, dear all, spoken to my Hutton's lead agent. 2 x 4 bedroom units to go before fully sold. I asked him to do me a favor to bounce it at Wincheer. My agent also pointed me to this:

http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...ry+farm+estate

Looks like got some chance la. Is our MP Balakrishnan or Teo?
    Last edited by Bought In; 25-05-13 at 15:45.

Teo is our MP. Looking at his cv
    http://www.parliament.gov.sg/mp/teo-ho-pin?viewcv=Teo Ho Pin
    He has got building and environment type connections.

Place Contact Time
    Blk 110 Gangsa Road #01-91 Singapore 670110
    Tel: 67644828 Fax: 67643301
    Every Monday from 8.00 pm to 10.00pm

But this monday evening I am tied up. See how.

Teo is our MP. Looking at his cv
    http://www.parliament.gov.sg/mp/teo-ho-pin?viewcv=Teo Ho Pin
    He has got building and environment type connections.

Place Contact Time
    Blk 110 Gangsa Road #01-91 Singapore 670110
    Tel: 67644828 Fax: 67643301
    Every Monday from 8.00 pm to 10.00pm

But this monday evening I am tied up. See how.
    Teo: wau lao eh..Not again!!

People are not biting the Penthouse units and yet the prices still soaring like superman..up up and away to the sky. BTW, not long ago, I was looking at the panoramic view video clip from Penthouse as advertised at the Foresque website. The video showed good view of the reservoir but stopped before showing Bukit Timah hill. Initially, I was rather puzzled??

A few days later, I thought I found the answer...the missing horns.

Chuecc, just occurred to me pecan is a nut. I checked that there isn't a Pecan Road already. Petir to Pecan maybe? Pecan Rd

Quote Originally Posted by chueec
    Since there are two more 5% payment to make before TOP, and each payment interval is 6 months as you have observed, so the TOP will be mid MAY 2014. Think this is still a realistic estimate.
    By now, all of us would have paid the structure related 10%, making total payment of 40%. Next payments will be:

5% - on completion of WALLS of our respective units (some would have paid by now, remaining will pay as their respective units reach this stage.

5% - on completion of ROOF
    5% - on completion of ELECTRICALS
    5% - on completion of PARKING

25% - on TOP
    15% - on LEGAL COMPLETION

I am planning on following basis:

Walls (high floor) - 30 June 2013
    Roof - 31 Aug 2013
    Electricals - 31 Oct 2013
    Parking - 31 Dec 2013
    TOP - 31 Mar 2014

I have no specific information. This is my own 'guestimation'.

I am being on optimistic sides on construction... or taking the most conservative approach for Cash flow planning. Need to plan my mortgage payments assuming the Bank pays on above dates.

Chuecc, just occurred to me pecan is a nut. I checked that there isn't a Pecan Road already. Petir to Pecan maybe? Pecan Rd
    I rather be struck by Petir than to be a Pecan...I am beginning to question your intellengentsia...dont see the logic in the change. The MP will ask you to eat Petai instead.

Only 1 unit sold in last 2 months. Balance 27 units consist of:

4BR: 2
    Cabana: 14 (3BR:10, 3BR+S: 4)
    Penthouses: 11 (2BR: 1, 3BR: 7, 3BR+S: 3)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray
    Another 8 units sold. 28 still to go.

All 6 small units gone. 4br down by 2 to 3. No movements for cabana 14 units and penthouses 11 units.

They kind of got stuck witb cabana and penhouses. Wouldnt be surprised and worried if they increase discounts further to clear these 25 Umits.

]

Chuecc, cashew, hazelnut, chestnut, pecan....all nuts ma...

good info from sunray, thanks.

According to URA officer I spoke to, its possible subject to approval by a review board within their organisation. I also made known the project is not fully sold and apparently the owner can make the application online. Assuming the officer did not misunderstand me, that means Wincheer can make the change.

Sunray, my impression is that you bought a unit from Eco Sanctuary, never knew you bought Foresque. Some units lower than 10 floors already paid for ceiling this month.

Bought in, I see your nut logic now. Chestnut also a nut...but Pecan sounds very not class and does not end with a nut like the rest of the 'nuts' roads.