Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 61116212631323334353637383940414651 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1625

Thread: Foresque Residences

I further looked up the meaning of ave, road, lane, walk, way etc. Assuming we ride on the popularity of Dairy Farm Road, Avenue and Way means a path leading to, in this case Dairy Farm Road. Assuming we call it Dairy Farm Avenue, Wincheer might be able to sell the remaining units faster. This should incentivise them to make the change. Anybody think there will be violent protests by existing owners?

Quote Originally Posted by Bought In
    I further looked up the meaning of ave, road, lane, walk, way etc. Assuming we ride on the popularity of Dairy Farm Road, Avenue and Way means a path leading to, in this case Dairy Farm Road. Assuming we call it Dairy Farm Avenue, Wincheer might be able to sell the remaining units faster. This should incentivise them to make the change. Anybody think there will be violent protests by existing owners?
    You can only call it a Road. It's a major artery. If you want, call it Chestnut Road. It's not taken yet. Besides, Dairy Farm is so far away.

Sounds good, gfoo.

All, with Sunray's info, it seems like Wincheer should be more motivated than i am. Its at least a 50 million dollar question in their hands. So I made a call to their office and a senior official returned my call. The position taken is that so far no precedence and cannot be done. If free market economics can't convince the marketeer to give it a shot, I guess its pointless to pursue. If one googles "street renaming wiki", one finds this common in the west. A lot of other sites on the same topic appears too. With today's IT infrastructure, changing of road name should be as easy as changing the car license plate number from an administrative perspective. I am aware there are socio-political implications so just try and let the authorities decide, no harm right? I give up.

As said earlier, it is unthinkable to change road name as you wish in Singapore. If I were garment, I would not agree also cos it will invite a flood of requests from people of your calibre...and all the confusion and protests from unhappy people. Just be happy with Petir and you wouldn't be wrong. This applies to changing the name of Foresque Residences.

Quote Originally Posted by chueec
    As said earlier, it is unthinkable to change road name as you wish in Singapore. If I were garment, I would not agree also cos it will invite a flood of requests from people of your calibre...and all the confusion and protests from unhappy people. Just be happy with Petir and you wouldn't be wrong. This applies to changing the name of Foresque Residences.
    i agree. be happy and contented lah!

Sigh....and btw, Petir is pronounced as "Per Tier" according to a Singaporean Malay colleague.

Sigh....and btw, Petir is pronounced as "Per Tier" according to a Singaporean Malay colleague.
    you going to be moving in or renting out?

I am currently residing on St Michael's Road. Employment wise pointing to moving in. Now depending on kid's JC in 2015. If ACJC, moving in. So undecided. How about you?

I am currently residing on St Michael's Road. Employment wise pointing to moving in. Now depending on kid's JC in 2015. If ACJC, moving in. So undecided. How about you?
    undecided but most likely moving in - but might wait till CSC before renovating and moving in - so maybe 2015-2016.

Wonder what is the brand of elevator they are giving? Some condos fitted with China branded lifts is a living nightmare

Why buy when you don't like the street name?

Cannot imagine if everyone also put up request to change street name becos of that reasoning. How about Jalan Elok... sounds cheapo to you?

It's still location location location.

Quote Originally Posted by mastrix
    Why buy when you don't like the street name?

Cannot imagine if everyone also put up request to change street name becos of that reasoning. How about Jalan Elok... sounds cheapo to you?

It's still location location location.
    Bought in- impressed by your passion, drive and efforts for the change of name.

But as has been your case, people buy a property because they like it. . Location, size, price, project. Name of the road will not be in the top 30 criteria. Yes good to have a nice name but that is it. Just a good road name will not make the project sell. And if jou are still passionate, humble suggestion to start liking the petir road. Its not going to change. Accept it and start liking it. And i honestly believe its a sweet cute name.. Gives a french feel such as petit road.

Wonder what is the brand of elevator they are giving? Some condos fitted with China branded lifts is a living nightmare
    Just Change the rd name to forest road..and the building name to Petir residences and hope every body will be happy...

I already explained why i bought Foresque on Sunday. That was a right brain decision given the circumstances then. If I have the money to convert a jalan elok home to a banyan tree villa, i'll do that. Otherwise, i'll rather walk than jalan. When i was a kid, my father's house was constructed along jalan ismail by buying the land from the owner. Further down in the kebangan area, there is the jalan senang area. Nearby is Frankel Ave. Jalan Senang $psf cannot match Frankel Ave $psf forever.

We don't compare Main road (ie Frankel Ave) and a Jalan...Jalan Senang . That's why...Jalan Elok can't make comparison with Orchard Road. Still location location location. And not street name.

Any good reference that becos of lousy street name caused the property to sell at bad price?

Jalan Senang is a very long straight downhill road. You can compare price with Fidelio Street on the Frankel side. The small terraces that are more or less physically similar are the best benchmark because large homes are rare and the game is not the same. All this is perception and it depends on who and how large your target catchment is.

So...u agree that even with a ugly street name...it still can sell becos of it location lah.

Location and street name are two separate attributes. All things being equal, the property value is boosted by a trendy street name. There are articles on this all over the internet like I wrote last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray
    Bought in- impressed by your passion, drive and efforts for the change of name.

But as has been your case, people buy a property because they like it. . Location, size, price, project. Name of the road will not be in the top 30 criteria. Yes good to have a nice name but that is it. Just a good road name will not make the project sell. And if jou are still passionate, humble suggestion to start liking the petir road. Its not going to change. Accept it and start liking it. And i honestly believe its a sweet cute name.. Gives a french feel such as petit road.
    Petir rd has its name history n tradition to ruling party.

There is no way a street name can be changed in suka suka fashion to fit some naive homeowners liking !! You own your home in the air and the street and road is public property not your common property,
    Not SLA nor any other agency will or can do it. Only a new road or street can be named and even then it must blend with existing road or street.

if you read my thread, i already stated that the stretch of Petir Road beyond Chesnut Ave was not there 6 to 7 years ago. There is not much history for that stretch and only Foresque and two bus stops are using that stretch as address. I did mention that it might be sensitive to a PAP MP. Unless you work in SLA or URA, in which case, you can be useful....

Anyway, I am not interested in the name change anymore. If Wincheer Sales is not interested to get rid of their 50 million dollar inventory, why should I?

So like the Beatle song, let it be, let it be....

Big joke. Damn funny.

Quote Originally Posted by alamak
    Petir rd has its name history n tradition to ruling party.

There is no way a street name can be changed in suka suka fashion to fit some naive homeowners liking !! You own your home in the air and the street and road is public property not your common property,
    Not SLA nor any other agency will or can do it. Only a new road or street can be named and even then it must blend with existing road or street.
    Agreed! At least there is stilll some mature people here

Quote Originally Posted by mastrix
    Agreed! At least there is stilll some mature people here
    Hmm. just a Kaypo here can't help but feel the excitement of 1st time pte homeowners here. Cheers everyone

Hmm. just a Kaypo here can't help but feel the excitement of 1st time pte homeowners here. Cheers everyone
    I also kaypo here. Can't tahan to see people request to change street name just becos he bought a unit in a condo....just a unit.

Location and street name are two separate attributes. All things being equal, the property value is boosted by a trendy street name. There are articles on this all over the internet like I wrote last week.
    What about changing the name to Pennsylvania avenue and the condo name to White House?

Good idea. I only have 1 unit and my 3 generations of savings is inside there. I'll do anything to make it attractive. That's why I am Bought In. I have a stake no matter if its just 1 unit.

Stakeholders please be aware of China branded lifts. Any news on what is being installed, please post. Westinghouse and Schindler preferred.
    Last edited by Bought In; 28-05-13 at 11:31.

so exciting right?

It was but not anymore

It was but not anymore
    Bought-in, Looking at the timing of your postings, seems like you did not sleep last night.. Have been attending to the forum discussion.

My friend, its normal. We all have gone through it sometime or the other in our lives.

Wing Tai is a good name and we all hope and are confident that we they will do justice to their reputation. I am sure, they will not put up Chinese lifts and all.

Just relax! Worry about the things that are in your control. Leave the rest to time and look forward to the TOP in due course of time!!

And definitely dont lose your sleep. Its not worth.

Just a friendly advice!!