Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162126313641 ... LastLast

Thread: Foresque Residences

Quote Originally Posted by danntbt
    ... you seemed to have a very simplistic analysis....what figures are you basing on in terms of salary increrase? assuming most have 500K, 1.5 mil loan for say 30 yrs could work out to at lease 5-6K, but then how many in the 30s have 500K in hand so loan quantum say max at 80% still need 400k deposit....how many can afford 5-6K insatallment on top of average $600-$1000 car loan plus conservancy average say $600 for 2mil property?

You are now saying there are many with minimally 12-15K monthly income?
    u dun get it ...
    maybe you should read all my posting ...

i was always the one who didnt believe that rental has picked up , that salary has jumped.
    but the last 1-1.5yrs... so many in the forum have argued that the prpperty prices have gone up becos bonus and salary has gone up alot..
    which i have been trying to dispute ..

when i said HDB upgraders buying condo which is smaller than their HDB is NOT UPGRADING but a downgrade ...people said HDB owners are rich ..etc etc

yes there are some .. but majority are not ..

people are able to afford those ridiculous psf becos the size gets smaller ..which some here said ...Quantum is key .. true ..becos these buyers have no money ..can only afford to buy smaller and smaller units ..

thats why i am worried that many buyers actually dont have the money to buy what the want.. but go for small units ...

get it ?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    thats why i am worried that many buyers actually dont have the money to buy what the want.. but go for small units ...

get it ?
    wat u worry about?

prudent better den overspend rite?

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    These days what size is considered a BIG unit?
    comfortably ... 3 bedroom 1500 sqft and up
    2000 sqft for 4 bedroom

i am just used to space ..

i havent moved my criteria since 2006 ...

those who follow my post will know i always preach for big unit

u dun get it ...

i was always the one who didnt believe that rental has picked up , that salary has jumped.
    but the last 1-1.5yrs... so many in the forum have argued that the prpperty prices have gone up becos bonus and salary has gone up alot..

get it ?
    I agree with you. I think property has outstripped salary increase. And rental has lagged behind property px. The redeeming factor is low interest rates.

A possible bubble exists in the MM market and esp the OCR MM market. If economy goes down and interest rates go up.........the bubble might burst. See how many owners can hold on. I believe many local owners have stretched themselves to the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by danntbt
    Proud owner
    ...you buy big unit to feel that you are the provelege few?...now i understand your nick....
    no i just enjoy space ...

older projects tend to have bigger unit and less useless baywindows, planters and balconies

with so many people buying mm units ..with so many enblocs which removed the big units to build more mm units..

dont u think in time to come .. spacious units will be rare ?

i rather buy them now ...enjoy the space ..then to squeeze in mm units ..and wait for family size to grow then move to big unit ..by which time ..how many can afford big units ? if they alrady find 2 mio expensive now ?

I agree with you. I think property has outstripped salary increase. And rental has lagged behind property px. The redeeming factor is low interest rates.

A possible bubble exists in the MM market and esp the OCR MM market. If economy goes down and interest rates go up.........the bubble might burst. See how many owners can hold on. I believe many local owners have stretched themselves to the limit.
    vy funny...MM is still a small market in term of %

u shd worry abt the big units.....those who overleverage.....installment 5-10k/mth.....cannot find tenants....suck thumb

no i just enjoy space ...

older projects tend to have bigger unit and less useless baywindows, planters and balconies

with so many people buying mm units ..with so many enblocs which removed the big units to build more mm units..

dont u think in time to come .. spacious units will be rare ?

i rather buy them now ...enjoy the space ..then to squeeze in mm units ..and wait for family size to grow then move to big unit ..by which time ..how many can afford big units ? if they alrady find 2 mio expensive now ?
    the overall market now, MM still vy little %....u see many silly boutique apts launching MM units and u tot they r many of them....

salary lags behind ppty px....so u buy big units....nxt time sell to who?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    vy funny...MM is still a small market in term of %

u shd worry abt the big units.....those who overleverage.....installment 5-10k/mth.....cannot find tenants....suck thumb
    lets redefine mm

when it first started mm was referred to those studio, 1 bedder units of 400-600 sqft

over the last 1-1.5 yrs ... mm disease spread to 2 and 3 bedders ..now 700-900 sqft for a 3 bedder ..

mind you ... the sqft includes balcony ...

so when one buys a 3 bedder ... of 1000 sqft ... to me its still mm units

so mm is no longer a small pct of current mkt share

the overall market now, MM still vy little %....u see many silly boutique apts launching MM units and u tot they r many of them....

salary lags behind ppty px....so u buy big units....nxt time sell to who?
    There are some big units (>1200 sq ft) in older resale condos which are priced close to brand new MM units.

lets redefine mm

when it first started mm was referred to those studio, 1 bedder units of 400-600 sqft

over the last 1-1.5 yrs ... mm disease spread to 2 and 3 bedders ..now 700-900 sqft for a 3 bedder ..

ok so tats ur definition

den if ppl now cant afford big units.....in future largi worse rite? so wats the advantage of buying big units now?

There are some big units (>1200 sq ft) in older resale condos which are priced close to brand new MM units.
    proudowner says ppl go for smaller units bcoz they cant afford mah....not i say one

proudowner aso says rental nvr pick up....but he aso preach us to buy big units....den resulting in super low yield?

ok so tats ur definition

den if ppl now cant afford big units.....in future largi worse rite? so wats the advantage of buying big units now?
    thats where our strategies differ ...

many go for 2-3 units of mm ...and wait for TOP ...move in to one ..rent out the rest etc etc ..

i go for 1-2 BIG older units ..spend a bit on reno .. move it straight away ..enjoy the space .. rent out one ..

i believe someone mentioned before ..
    a 3 bedder 800 sqft new project ..asking 4-5k rental
    a 3 bedder 1281 sqft old project ..renovated .. 5-6k rental

an expat couple ..or an expat couple with 1 kid ..
    will have housing allowance of about 5-7k .. which would he take ?

it may take the older bigger 3bedder 2mths to find a tenant ..
    but i am pretty sure it will take longer for the new small 3 bedder

every 1 mth lost is ave 5 k loss ...

thats where our strategies differ ...

many go for 2-3 units of mm ...and wait for TOP ...move in to one ..rent out the rest etc etc ..

i go for 1-2 BIG older units ..spend a bit on reno .. move it straight away ..enjoy the space .. rent out one ..

i believe someone mentioned before ..
    a 3 bedder 800 sqft new project ..asking 4-5k rental
    a 3 bedder 1281 sqft old project ..renovated .. 5-6k rental

an expat couple ..or an expat couple with 1 kid ..
    will have housing allowance of about 5-7k .. which would he take ?

it may take the older bigger 3bedder 2mths to find a tenant ..
    but i am pretty sure it will take longer for the new small 3 bedder

every 1 mth lost is ave 5 k loss ...
    ur stats highly flawed...

big units at current pricing now....their yield r much lesser

and u havent asnwer me: u say ppl cant afford big units now....den u nxt time sell to who?

those who got deep pockets and dun depend on rental to sustain....can afford to leave it vacant for few yrs....pls buy big big FH units.....can wait for enbloc....

those who nid rental income to sustain....pls ask proudowner how to do it for big units

ur stats highly flawed...

big units at current pricing now....their yield r much lesser

and u havent asnwer me: u say ppl cant afford big units now....den u nxt time sell to who?

hhmm how is it flawed ..

i am comparing 3 bedroom agst 3 bedroom

yes becos the purchased price is higher due to the unit being bigger .. but becos its an older project .. the psf is lower than the new , mm 3 bedder ..

but it can be rented faster between the 2

next time sell to who ?
    sell to all those who bought mm now ..to those who bought a 3 bedroom 800 sqft now ...to UPGRADE to a 1281 sqft 3 bedder ...when their family size grows ..they will need the space ..

and by which time ... your the 3 bedroom due to its 'gigantic size' will be really rare ...

those who got deep pockets and dun depend on rental to sustain....can afford to leave it vacant for few yrs....pls buy big big FH units.....can wait for enbloc....

those who nid rental income to sustain....pls ask proudowner how to do it for big units
    thats why i said our strategies differs

you can go for 2-3 unit of mm units

while i go for 1-2 units of big units ..and old projects ..

hhmm how is it flawed ..

yes becos the purchased price is higher due to the unit being bigger .. but becos its an older project .. the psf is lower than the new , mm 3 bedder ..

next time sell to who ?
    sell to all those who bought mm now ..to those who bought a 3 bedroom 800 sqft now ...to UPGRADE to a 1281 sqft 3 bedder ...when their family size grows ..they will need the space ..

and by which time ... your the 3 bedroom due to its 'gigantic size' will be really rare ...
    mabe u pick a project n example and we work out the yield? how abt tat?

ur figures merely pluck from air

ur big units will appreciate too....if they cant afford to buy it now....how to afford to upgrade n buy from u nxt time? unless their mm units appreciate and ur big units stays stagnant?

Eh where selling 800 sq ft 3 bedder???

mabe u pick a project n example and we work out the yield? how abt tat?

ur figures merely pluck from air

ur big units will appreciate too....if they cant afford to buy it now....how to afford to upgrade n buy from u nxt time? unless their mm units appreciate and ur big units stays stagnant?
    ok u pick any 2 mm units ...and tell me the price ...
    then pick a nearby big unit ...

any project will do ...

say pick 2 mm at Siglap V ...
    and 1 big unit at Summit ..

thats why i said our strategies differs

you can go for 2-3 unit of mm units

while i go for 1-2 units of big units ..and old projects ..
    how u noe i nvr buy big older projects?

i jus wana point out tat ur reasoning is flawed

ok u pick any 2 mm units ...and tell me the price ...
    then pick a nearby big unit ...

any project will do ...

say pick 2 mm at Siglap V ...
    and 1 big unit at Summit ..
    can choose ready projects.....those wif ura rental psf

i love my clift.....clift 1bedder 500sqft....no rental psf yet but some r selling wif tenancy of 3.8-4k....pricing now 1.1mil

how about emerald garden? older...bigger...decent sized units?
    3bedder asking px 2-2.2mil(latest tx a 3bedder 1.76mil)....rental asking 5k
    Last edited by devilplate; 18-05-11 at 10:28.

I me rather puzzled wi yvr definition.
    lets redefine mm

Back to Foresque...anyone can confirm that only 100 units sold so far?

devil,

so u are not letting go oredi ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    devil,

so u are not letting go oredi ?
    many projects in d1,2 yield r much lower....probably see whether px can go up further or not until yield become 3.5% for the next buyer

Big Units are White Elephants.

Just like currency, its a race to the bottom.

For houses, its the same. Especially when the new generation are not getting married younger and when they are married, they dun want to have or delay having kids.

Self stay shoik, but for investment, spilt the risk better and avoid the ultra small ones. Mid point would be a good bet. 700 sqf to 1000 sqf only. Rental wise, assume HDB equivalent will do. Actual market should be higher.

u dun get it ...

when i said HDB upgraders buying condo which is smaller than their HDB is NOT UPGRADING but a downgrade ...people said HDB owners are rich ..etc etc

yes there are some .. but majority are not ..

people are able to afford those ridiculous psf becos the size gets smaller ..which some here said ...Quantum is key .. true ..becos these buyers have no money ..can only afford to buy smaller and smaller units ..

get it ?
    ..that is why you should worry.......yup you also pay for higher maintenance all round...and also upkeep and also property tax...and the older ones comes with additional issue of ageing...but I guess PROUD OWNER got his strategy, he is prepare to live with all that...and could not care less if the investment appreciate, at least he got the BIG one, one day maybe his decendents will enjoy his sufferings. I think it is very logical and magnanimous....I get it now....those who can afford large units would not go for OLD BIG ONES.....so die die you must sell your unit to match thye asking psf....ya you need to worry....because people cannot afford your unit....or do not want your unit if they can afford it..you got yourself into the worst of the both wolrds...and yet you are asking people to follow your advise...hmmm looking for 'rescuers'?

bro, give it up, u got slammed again. its ok, i just got the contrarian signal which i need, i will buy big units (becoz most pple say no).

but dun buy now, buy when kenna slammed, next downturn lah.

look at the big units in sentosa all vacant and asking for low rental. see how long they can tahan lah. LOL.

hhmm how is it flawed ..

next time sell to who ?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    bro, give it up, u got slammed again. its ok, i just got the contrarian signal which i need, i will buy big units (becoz most pple say no).

but dun buy now, buy when kenna slammed, next downturn lah.

look at the big units in sentosa all vacant and asking for low rental. see how long they can tahan lah. LOL.
    tats the idea....buy bigger units during downturn

much much easier to find big units on firesale during downturn

cannot depend on this forum to get contrarian signals la....if u realise, only a few of us keep posting nia

but i can tell u....those who bot big units now....sure sweating if their pocket got holes

but the problem is: proudowner still preaching big units now....duno wats his agenda