Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 202530354045464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1625

Thread: Foresque Residences

Quote Originally Posted by stonecow View Post
    I share the same sentiments. I have a 2-bedder and was expecting around $250/mth. You are right, for a big development I find it pretty high. The question now is, is there anything we can do? or suck thumb....???
    You may request MA to write in BCA and appeal for MF reduction (support with figures and stats). Note this usually will only see result after 1 year from TOP.
    You need to band in more residents to do so too, as a pressure on MA part to commit in this course.

Hi, anyone here at stack #12, received their keys? Thanks!

Hi, I saw on my agreement : share value allotted to the unit is 7. Share of maintenance charges for the common property of housing project : 7/3307 which is $300+ a month. But now I was informed that fee is $411. Can anyone have more information on the maintenance issue? How do they calculate into $411?

Quote Originally Posted by Luvlife View Post
    Hi, I saw on my agreement : share value allotted to the unit is 7. Share of maintenance charges for the common property of housing project : 7/3307 which is $300+ a month. But now I was informed that fee is $411. Can anyone have more information on the maintenance issue? How do they calculate into $411?
    Very good. Finally Luvlive and stonecow do agree with my observations. To answer your question, each share value is now $55 each. For 7 share values. it is $385 excluding GST. With GST, it is a mind boggling $411.
    I guess the maintenance fee is "alright" if it was not promised to us when we purchased that it was $42/share. In just one day, the information is now removed from the website stating the maintenance fees which I am sure was communicated to you guys by the agents when you guys purchased.

Information as below. I have the original screenshot from the foresque residence website. Developers claimed the info was not provided by them to the agents. Then I wonder did the agents pluck the figure out of thin air back in 2010/2012? I am sure someone from Wincheer gave them the "estimated" figures that are now THIRTY percent higher during TOP.

1 Bedroom : Estimated $210 (5 shares)
    2 bedroom : Estimated $252-$294 (6-7 shares)
    3 bedroom: Estimated $294-$336 (7-8 shares)

My lawyer has advised to bring it up to commissioner of buildings to see if can get them to lower it. There is absolutely no justification by claiming workers costs have increased and govt drive etc etc if comparable developments with comparable number of units have lower maintenance charges. Our development is now "probably" having the highest fees in this part of hillview/bukit panjang.

I am not sure how many of you were drawn in by the supposed low maintenance fees when you signed on the S&P but for me,it was one of the factors and I was really disappointed when the figure of 411 surfaced.

You can compare with The Clift at Tanjong Pagar/ Tree house/ Alexis and I realise ours is really expensive (regardless of whatever productivity drive which shld affect everyone).

Quote Originally Posted by fondbaby View Post
    Hi, how do you conduct the inspection for defects? Any pointers to share, and what do you all look out for?
    http://diva79.blogspot.sg/2014/10/hd...revisited.html

U can use this as a reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Esso99 View Post
    Very good. Finally Luvlive and stonecow do agree with my observations. To answer your question, each share value is now $55 each. For 7 share values. it is $385 excluding GST. With GST, it is a mind boggling $411.
    I guess the maintenance fee is "alright" if it was not promised to us when we purchased that it was $42/share. In just one day, the information is now removed from the website stating the maintenance fees which I am sure was communicated to you guys by the agents when you guys purchased.

Information as below. I have the original screenshot from the foresque residence website. Developers claimed the info was not provided by them to the agents. Then I wonder did the agents pluck the figure out of thin air back in 2010/2012? I am sure someone from Wincheer gave them the "estimated" figures that are now THIRTY percent higher during TOP.

My lawyer has advised to bring it up to commissioner of buildings to see if can get them to lower it. There is absolutely no justification by claiming workers costs have increased and govt drive etc etc if comparable developments with comparable number of units have lower maintenance charges. Our development is now "probably" having the highest fees in this part of hillview/bukit panjang.

I am not sure how many of you were drawn in by the supposed low maintenance fees when you signed on the S&P but for me,it was one of the factors and I was really disappointed when the figure of 411 surfaced.

You can compare with The Clift at Tanjong Pagar/ Tree house/ Alexis and I realise ours is really expensive (regardless of whatever productivity drive which shld affect everyone).
    My gosh!!!

Does your development come with lotsof landscaping facilities etc?

Hi Esso99... Thank you for your reply. I agree on what your views about the maintainence fees.
    Hi everyone in this forum, is there any official website that I can join with other residents to discuss about Foresque?... Regarding inspection, buying of items, maintainence fees etc.. Thank you.

My husband and I agree fully with you on this issue. It was pretty shocking to receive the new increased price per share and to receive such notice after waiting sooo long for keys. Let me know if there is anything we can do to help with this issue. We do not want to fund developer's mistakes or pay penalties for agent's misrepresentation.
    we can discuss more with other residents in the FB Closed group.

Is the FB closed group still active? i sent a request about a month back but no reply.

Guideline for share values from bca

https://www.google.com.sg/url?sa=t&s...wdaRiicJlK8I5g

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki View Post

Hi all

Thanks for all the affirmations so far that there is something indeed wrong.
    I have spoken to the developer, lawyer and BCA already. If the developer still does not back down, our best bet would be to raise the issue and gather as many residents as possible. There are currently 2 facebook foresque group not sure which is the official one but I am not in any of them at the moment.

I think collectively, if we exert pressure on the team on site to reduce the maintenance fees, there would be some effect. Probably those 80 plus units that have collected or are going to collect the keys can express their concerns to the team on site at the clubhouse.

For every unit paying an average of $100 more after the increase, it will mean $49,600 more every month for knight frank to manage a sub urban condo like ours. Question is , is it really neccessary. If anyone else have any other methods to get developers to change their mind, please share too. They have managed in 1 day to force agents to remove information from the website. If there is really nothing wrong, why did the developer do so. Of course, they like to claim that the information is "estimated". But one thing is certain, those "estimated" figures are provided by Wincheer. Fullstop. So does this open the door to anyhow setting maintenance fees to lure people to buy, then at the end of 3 years, owners get a shock?

Thanks all.

In any case, I would help all owners to see if anything can be done to lower the fees but if nothing changes, maybe then we can discuss how to raise our concerns collectively as a group. But in the interim, I will see what I can do first.

Hi all,

Thanks for sharing.
    I'll be collecting my keys these few days and will express my concern regarding the high maintenance fees to the management.

First resale:
    FORESQUE RESIDENCES 105 Petir Road #16-12 1 105 Strata 1,333,888 12704 1180 15-OCT-2014 Condominium 99 Yrs From 10/01/2011 2014 Sub Sale HDB 23 67 678274 West Region Bukit Panjang

In any case, I would help all owners to see if anything can be done to lower the fees but if nothing changes, maybe then we can discuss how to raise our concerns collectively as a group. But in the interim, I will see what I can do first.
    Thank you for brought up the concern to all of us, specially to those who didnt receive the keys yet. Indeed what they did, both developers and agents are very wrong! We would be glad to help if anything can be done!

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki View Post

That's just a guide but not a LAW.

Maintenance it's really depend on how management perceive the required value etc.

Normally, first year after TOP most of the cost is bore by the developer (under warranty), your funds are only really used after Legal completion date.

Actually...it's pretty normal what's advertise and what actually pay when u TOP differs a bit (other forum user can comment).

My point is unused funds will become your condo's reserve thus not like your money is being stolen think positively

Request to check the books during your first AGM or something

Quote Originally Posted by darkseed73 View Post
    That's just a guide but not a LAW.

Maintenance it's really depend on how management perceive the required value etc.

Normally, first year after TOP most of the cost is bore by the developer (under warranty), your funds are only really used after Legal completion date.

Actually...it's pretty normal what's advertise and what actually pay when u TOP differs a bit (other forum user can comment).

My point is unused funds will become your condo's reserve thus not like your money is being stolen think positively

Request to check the books during your first AGM or something
    Hi darkseed73 what you raised are very valid points, but this also further means for the first year where those funds we put in are not into use and part of the condo reserves wouldnt it be better if these extra cash can be put in residents hands which can earn 3.05% with ocbc 360 vs 0 percent if left in a condo fund?

Also, by right since the condo is brand new and most costs are borne by developer shouldnt the baseline maintenance fees be lower with a view of increasing it in the future rather than the other way around?

While it is true that it is our money, inspecting the books at AGM is an after event action. If there is no justification to such high fees at the onset, wouldnt it be better to take preemptive actions compared to after event action? I am sure residents wont mind putting the funds if theres a pressing need to do so, but for a brand new condo where the paint hasnt dried and according to earlier forumers who mentioned of cracked floors and flooded balconies, i personally do not think such fees are justified "at this stage".

Thanks for your views.

Default do not think such fees are justified "at this stage".

Hi darkseed73 what you raised are very valid points, but this also further means for the first year where those funds we put in are not into use and part of the condo reserves wouldnt it be better if these extra cash can be put in residents hands which can earn 3.05% with ocbc 360 vs 0 percent if left in a condo fund?

Also, by right since the condo is brand new and most costs are borne by developer shouldnt the baseline maintenance fees be lower with a view of increasing it in the future rather than the other way around?

While it is true that it is our money, inspecting the books at AGM is an after event action. If there is no justification to such high fees at the onset, wouldnt it be better to take preemptive actions compared to after event action? I am sure residents wont mind putting the funds if theres a pressing need to do so, but for a brand new condo where the paint hasnt dried and according to earlier forumers who mentioned of cracked floors and flooded balconies, i personally do not think such fees are justified "at this stage".

Thanks for your views.
    Esso99, i agree with you

Thanks for your views.
    Hi Esso99,

I understand where u coming from and I would like to ask is this your first condo?

"You mention each share value is now $55 each. For 7 share values. it is $385 excluding GST. With GST, it is a mind boggling $411.
    I guess the maintenance fee is "alright" if it was not promised to us when we purchased that it was $42/share."

Actually, I don't think maintenance can be "promise" usually sales agent provide the figure is "estimated". Always expect to be more, never less.

The developer will tell you "inflation", when they told you $42/share is in year XXXX, when TOP is year XXXX thus there would be some loading.

Secondly, I mention in my post "condo reserve" does not meant developer is paying for the MA fees, security guards and other fees (like pool cleaning services, gardening etc) thus do not have the idea that 1st year is all free.

Anyways, it's normal that's all i can say.

But do keep us the bro and sis here in the loop cause we may learn something for this event.

Smile

Hi,

For those who have collected the key, may I know...

1. How long is the wait between getting the notice and actual key collection?
    2. When is the start date of the maintenance fee?

Thanks.

Thanks for your views.
    Hello Esso99, I strongly support your views. There is a difference between what is legal and what is ethical/moral. Come on all centsible future neighbours, lets rally around Esso99 and give him/her full support. Esso99 is making constructive criticism for the common good. We have a good chance if we stand together collectively as one loud voice. I dont think they want bad publicity to hurt their slow sales at The Cr*st, so we have to stand together and take this fight to the streets!

Quote Originally Posted by Bought In View Post
    Esso99, i agree with you
    Agree w you

Hi all,

May i know how do you transfer the Singapore Power Utilities to your account? Understand from Wing Tai that they will only help to pay for the first 2 weeks after key collection.

Next, I realized that we are not allowed to install blinds in the balcony.. Is that a concern to any of you? It came as a surprised to me as I was told by my agent that I could.

And when I feedback about the high maintenance fees, the management just gave very lame excuses like inflation, a lot of facilities to maintain.. But I told her that what are the facilities that require so much fees? Then she also feedback about there are 6 security guards in the day and 4 at night... Things will be maintained well. Then I told her in that case, I would expect excellent services and condition in this condo since we are paying such high fees. She rebutted saying high fees may not equate to good services. Low fees may get good services as well. Ultimately, it's the management that matters. Really don't know what she's talking about but hope something could be done... The next AGM will be 18mths later (from the TOP date) where we will expect another hike in maintenance fees. Likely 1 year later since the condo was TOP in June...

Foresque is a beautiful development. All the residents should be happy upon collecting their keys. No need to argue ley, cannot win de. Still have to pay and pay. Regardless, the maintenance $ also quite competitive as compared to Treehouse. Eco Sanctuary ppl can also expect to pay somewhere in the same range.

Just accept it and be happy. Even if u do not accept it, u still have to pay and be unhappy if u pay unwillingly. Point is, no need waste time and energy fighting this battle that u cannot win. Might as well spend your time and energy on house moving.

If you never try, you never know. I'm still happy when I collect the key. Just trying to voice out my views in the forum to see if there are other alternatives to make things better. And also to let the management know the residents' concern.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by fondbaby View Post
    If you never try, you never know. I'm still happy when I collect the key. Just trying to voice out my views in the forum to see if there are other alternatives to make things better. And also to let the management know the residents' concern.
    2 bedroom unit
    Attached Images Attached Images

I totally agree. Happy when collect key, happiercif the maintenance fee is reduce!

Quote Originally Posted by Firkim View Post
    2 bedroom unit
    Thank you!
    Where is the washing machine area?

Quote Originally Posted by Firkim View Post
    I totally agree. Happy when collect key, happiercif the maintenance fee is reduce!
    Kitchen, inside the cabinet at the end.

Any photos of 3 bedder units? Thanks.