Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182328333843 ... LastLast

Thread: Foresque Residences

It will appreciate given so many new development in the region in the next twenty years..
    Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Den how abt ur southbank 30yrs later?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    It will appreciate given so many new development in the region in the next twenty years..
    So only ur southbank will appreciate and not clift?

So u r trying to say y ppl pay 1.5mil 4bedder in ocr condo n y not buy urs?

Den some will say, y not top up abit to 2mil n buy my landed? 99lh landed can be bot less den 2mil too

99 lh landed can be bot at less than 2 mil. Recce already, not suitable in terms of working location and the surrounding. That's y nv buy. If got suitable ones, will consider, based on family needs and budget.
    I hope u r not subjective in your opinion...coz u give me an impression everyone must think like u.

Look around the immediate surrounding of Clift and that will project the potential. What about FH vs LH development then?
    So only ur southbank will appreciate and not clift?

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    99 lh landed can be bot at less than 2 mil. Recce already, not suitable in terms of working location and the surrounding. That's y nv buy. If got suitable ones, will consider, based on family needs and budget.
    I hope u r not subjective in your opinion...coz u give me an impression everyone must think like u.
    I give my opinion based on investor point of view nia....
    I m trying to b vy objective here

For own stay, its really up to individual liao rite?

I mentioned 3bedder goodie for a couple for own stay wif maid...but bro dc says 2bedder enuff....so how?

Look around the immediate surrounding of Clift and that will project the potential. What about FH vs LH development then?
    So how abt ur southbank compared wif riverine by the park?

Or u mean southbank 20yrs later more ex den clift?

I give my opinion based on investor point of view nia....
    I m trying to b vy objective here

For own stay, its really up to individual liao rite?
    Haha, yap. looks like we argue based on diff context...urs investment and mine self stay and comfort. Alright we can still co exit...no prob.

Unless image of geylang change, Riverine will not climb so fast. They already have a hotel infront of it. SB will not overtake Clift but it may meet someday. Well, SB is my only LH investment property so far so that I can pass on the others to my children. How about you?
    So how abt ur southbank compared wif riverine by the park?

Or u mean southbank 20yrs later more ex den clift?

Unless image of geylang change, Riverine will not climb so fast. They already have a hotel infront of it. SB will not overtake Clift but it may meet someday. Well, SB is my only LH investment property so far so that I can pass on the others to my children. How about you?
    I wun keep lh forever...tats all i can say
    Tats y i dare not buy vista park n pearlbank in 09
    I m more of an opportunist n ride on trends....

Any paper profit is just imaginary if u dun cash out....money is just a digit or paper if u dun spend it

Same here. Just creating wealth for myself and subsequent generations.
    I wun keep lh forever...tats all i can say
    Tats y i dare not buy vista park n pearlbank in 09
    I m more of an opportunist n ride on trends....

Any paper profit is just imaginary if u dun cash out....money is just a digit or paper if u dun spend it

The cabinet has been chosen, let's ponder on the forest kill.

Self stay, buy big and cheap.

Investment, buy small and hip.

Haha...

Go get two 2 bedders instead of one big fat unit. You can have more peace even if it's just side by side.

Shaug is not too bad lah, just that the current asking is a joke. First owner happy can Liao.

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    While pple buy for investment, I believe there are also pple who buy for self stay and space like me. I cannot imagine myself cluttered in a 2 bedder with my family though the quantum is less than a mil. Anyway thank you guys for the reply.
    If only got two persons in the family (hubby and wife), 2-bedder of around 900 sq ft should be alright for own stay. Anything bigger is really a waste of space

.....so far most discussion are deviating from the title of the thread.....everyone is digressing......perhaps anyone got any new infor on FR should start contributing...

.....so far most discussion are deviating from the title of the thread.....everyone is digressing......perhaps anyone got any new infor on FR should start contributing...

chance upon this thread while searching for more info on FR. From what i gathered, 10+3% discounts are still available till end of this week. Apart for the rather high PSF, one thing which keep me holding back is the sale tactics employed. They choose to close the showroom for the rest of the week after the last weekend preview citing too many crowds making it rowdy. They are only going to reopen it after the soft launch is over, which is end of this week. Is that a norm? or is there something the developer don't want you to know?

Quote Originally Posted by danntbt
    ...actually he said,,,, he thought peoiple are saying that salary has increased a lot....so if I guess correctly, he misread the market, thinking with increasing salary people will be able to afford bigger units....that would not be the case....as psf increase to match demand as salary increase, there is no way property will lag behind salary increase as once people got money, property would be top of their upgrade list, thsu driving up prices... I would say he is worried for himself rather than other people....load of bulls...either that or he is bragging.

You r new, joined only in apr 2011

Pls go back to 2009 -2010.

I always argued that salary n bonus did not go up as much BUT slot of others said they were higher.

Since they so strongly believe n so willing to pay high psf for mm unit, why then now find a 2 mio prop expensive?

Shud I not be worried that all along these people were lying? N they had misguided others to keep buying?

Bargain hunter was right, all along, from 07 to 10, I never stop asking others to buy big unit, simply becos I see the trend in spore, similar to NY. Where they buy tiny studio n 1 bedded.
    As the singles get married n hv family, they need bigger unit. The constant buying of mm pushed they bigger unit price even higher. As a result they now need big unit but can't afford. So they move to the suburbs where the big units are cheaper

I m constantly advising others. Not to buy mm unit becos by the time the need big ones, they can't no longer afford. N have to move to a less ideal location.

You really need to go back n read all my posts.

And when I said big units, I m very clear, a 3 bedded of above 1300 sqft n not the current mm 3 bedded of 1000 sqft n smaller.

Just beginning of this yr , there were still 3 bedDer of 1450 sqft with no balcony at The horizon, river valley. They were affordable. But people chose to buy those new launches of a higher psf n smaller size 3 bedder.

To Devilplate. My intention is to wake up those who buy mm units, duos the day when come when they need a proper size unit, but by then, it would be too exp for them. So I always say buy big unit.

If all of you choose to think I hv bad intention or deliberately trying to misguide, too bad.

I repeat, what I preached since 2007. Buy big unit, old ones, no need to be new launches cos they cheat on the usable space n must be FH.

To Dannt. Go read my old posts before you comment on me

Yes I own landed of 3600 sqft with 4 bedrooms, 3 baths. Other similar landed would be at least 5 bedroom + 4 baths.
    I also own penthouse of 2270 sqft 4 bedroom 3 baths , about 1800 sqft + 400 sqft terrace. I also own a 3 bedroom, 2 baths condo, no planter, no bay window.

U can see they are all big units. With good size rooms. As opposed to the current mm units.

I m not worried about mortgage cos I only have 1 loan. 2 units are rented out, to expats cos they love the Room size which is much bigger than the new mm's. I m leaving the 3 bedder unrented for own use when I come back for home leave. Cos I don't want to stay hotel.

I worry becos those who sai salary were up, bonus up were the same people who now said they find a 2 mio condo expensive.

By the mid of next year, my only mortgage will be fully paid. Should I worry for myself?
    Or should I worry for those why bought multiple mm units?
    When the time comes to buy decent sized units, will it be affordable?

Of course u can wait for price to drop then buy, at which time, your mm units would have fallen as well

I also did not ask anyone to hit 2-3 big units. I said , instead of buying 2-3 new mm units, might as well buy 1-2 big ones, old projects. But must be FH

tats the idea....buy bigger units during downturn

much much easier to find big units on firesale during downturn

cannot depend on this forum to get contrarian signals la....if u realise, only a few of us keep posting nia

but i can tell u....those who bot big units now....sure sweating if their pocket got holes

but the problem is: proudowner still preaching big units now....duno wats his agenda
    I have not stopped posting since 2007-8.
    Those who disappeared were Reporter, Propertism Jlrx, Property owner etc.
    I never left.

What's my agenda? Did I not say a 3 bedroom of 1300 sqft n up? And not 1000 sqft n lower?
    All I m saying is not to buy mm units. And I have also redefined MM as one thats smaller than what it used to be. N I specifically mention 3 bedroom
    I didn't ask anyone to buy 5000 sqft condo, did I ?
    I also I enjoy space. A 1281 sqft 3 bedroom with no silly bay window, planter or balcony is damn decent size. Compared to a 1100 sqft new mm 3 bedroom with balcony, bay windows n planter. Leaving usable space of maybe only 700-800 sqft.
    That's all I said.

And that's my agenda.

Thank you Bargain hunter for understanding my points.

It's sad that my good intention is deemed bad, or with agenda to misguide or desperate attempt to help push my big units.

So go ahead n buy tiny sized units with high psf, If u think my asking others to buy proper decent sized older unit carries some agendas.

I still do not agree with the worry about those buying MM would not be able to afford a larger unit when the time come, the psf for smaller units will always be higher, and the revenue as investment would allow investers to hold these longer rather than the bigger ones as most MM are strategically located. Its the MM in less ideal loacationthat may not attract the single or couple in the rental market that may be an issue. Large units are more vulnerable to economic climate in terms of rental. The average investers would not have the means to go for big units...and by big it was mentioned that the PH size units? or we are looking at quantum of 2Mil? I am reading so much inconsistency in your posts....one minute you refer to absolute quantum, anothewr minute large sizes.

My main issue with your comments is that you are worried that people say this or that....people can cay anything on this forum, its for you to discern what is believable and what is not, when people say salary has increase a lot....if you know what is going on in the job market, you should know, so why worry what people say here? If the statement is coming from finacila analyst or economist then its an issue...but you are talking about anonymous forumers....you are just a nick, I am just a nick...so is every one here....why would I want to go back and read your 2009-2010 posts? I am not doing an economic research or anything....I am just looking at what's being said that is relevant to now...

And why would the average Joe wants a 4000sq ft apartment when all he needs is 1200sq ft? its better to have a smaller one and maybe a MM to rent out, otherwise would one want to rent out one of the rooms in the 4000 sq ft to a stranger?

Good for you if you have the means to get your PH and Biggies...you are perhaps the top 1% of the income earners...the other 99% would have to face the fact that land is limited in Singapore, eventually what we can afford would get smaller and smaller....existing ones would sooner or later go enbloc and get cut up into smaller more expensive units, just look at what interlace did to the original property, and where are the owners of the 1600 sq ft now?
    Last edited by danntbt; 19-05-11 at 05:40.

MMs are quite alright as investment, as it provides a stepping stone to owning bigger units, but they must be 999 or FH. Buying very large units means more loan and greater exposure to financial turmoils for most people.

Nowadays very few people spend a lot of time at home. Couples are full time working with OTs and children spend lots of time in school. During holidays, families just go overseas. Family size is also shrinking. Personally I prefer 2 or 3 bedrooms around 1000 sqft. Larger than this means more $ upfront and more maintenance $ and time.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    To Devilplate. My intention is to wake up those who buy mm units, duos the day when come when they need a proper size unit, but by then, it would be too exp for them. So I always say buy big unit.

If all of you choose to think I hv bad intention or deliberately trying to misguide, too bad.

I repeat, what I preached since 2007. Buy big unit, old ones, no need to be new launches cos they cheat on the usable space n must be FH.
    u advise other based on ur own financial strength and circumstances....u nvr tink of other's financial abilities n just make a general statement. those who cannot afford big+FH will need to buy smaller+99LH. big+old, how much is the reno cost? u r just assuming all got tons of cash like u?

u keep saying salary din increase much and yet telling ppl to buy big big units....den who they gona sell them to? u say ppl upgrade? u just giving more and more scenario tat dun make sense. in the first place, y ppl go for smaller unit its becoz they cannot afford big unit for own stay. so ur big unit next time, can those 1st timer afford? or u just restrict urself to ur imaginary upgradder?

Yes I own landed of 3600 sqft with 4 bedrooms, 3 baths. Other similar landed would be at least 5 bedroom + 4 baths.
    I also own penthouse of 2270 sqft 4 bedroom 3 baths , about 1800 sqft + 400 sqft terrace. I also own a 3 bedroom, 2 baths condo, no planter, no bay window.

U can see they are all big units. With good size rooms. As opposed to the current mm units.

I m not worried about mortgage cos I only have 1 loan. 2 units are rented out, to expats cos they love the Room size which is much bigger than the new mm's. I m leaving the 3 bedder unrented for own use when I come back for home leave. Cos I don't want to stay hotel.

I worry becos those who sai salary were up, bonus up were the same people who now said they find a 2 mio condo expensive.

By the mid of next year, my only mortgage will be fully paid. Should I worry for myself?
    Or should I worry for those why bought multiple mm units?
    When the time comes to buy decent sized units, will it be affordable?

Of course u can wait for price to drop then buy, at which time, your mm units would have fallen as well

I also did not ask anyone to hit 2-3 big units. I said , instead of buying 2-3 new mm units, might as well buy 1-2 big ones, old projects. But must be FH
    u said bot a 2mil 3bedder in Jan 2011 rite? so which means u paid in full?
    so which means u got spare 1-2mil cash at least now

can share the projects u bot? the 3bedder and the penthse? wats the current yield based on current valuation?

now u still recommend ppl to buy big units?
    they r many scenario y ppl buy smaller mm rite? u just simply assume all like u who have 3-4mil in cash to buy ppty

u advise other based on ur own financial strength and circumstances....u nvr tink of other's financial abilities n just make a general statement. those who cannot afford big+FH will need to buy smaller+99LH. big+old, how much is the reno cost? u r just assuming all got tons of cash like u?
    have you forgotten that i used the term HERD INSTINCT first in this forum?
    when Reporters and Jlrx were constantly contributing, painting a very bullish market..in 2007-8-9? maybe even 2010 ..

while i was trying to dispute them ?

they were others who also said over and over again ..about salary rise, good bonus, etc etc ..hence all the new launches were snapped up ..

so since everyone was fiancially good .. i called that instead of buying 2-3 new MM units ...one should buy 1-2 older FH big units .. is that wrong ?

cos i mentioned earlier ..the time will come when they need more than that 1000 sqft 3 bedroom ..as it is now there are even 3 bedrooms thats smaller that 800 sqft

so people were snapping up new launches , starting with the tiny 1/2 bedder .. without a thot for the high psf ...arent they rich ?or ignorant ?

u keep saying salary din increase much and yet telling ppl to buy big big units.big unit like a 1300sqft 3 bedroom as oppose to a new launch 3 bedroom of 900 sqft .. is the old 1300sqft a lot more expensive than the 900 sqft 3 bedroom new launch ? ...den who they gona sell them to? u say ppl upgrade? u just giving more and more scenario tat dun make sense. in the first place, y ppl go for smaller unit its becoz they cannot afford big unit for own stay. so ur big unit next time, can those 1st timer afford? but these people are buying multiple tiny mm ... all i am recommending is that they consolidate their $$ and buy 1 big unit .. which they will need later ..or u just restrict urself to ur imaginary upgradder?
    you, like many ..own many units ...
    while my advice is to others is that to buy 1 big unit as oppose to buying a few small units ... thats all .. and it wont cost them a hell lot more ..

ntg wrong with that

you need not agree with my L/T strategy ..but u need not insinuate that i have an agenda ..

if i have any worries, its only becos people can buy many many units but find a 2 mio property expensive ... and yet paint a veyr bright scenario of the market .. then turn around and say majority are not rich

if i have any worries, its only becos people can buy many many units but find a 2 mio property expensive ... and yet paint a veyr bright scenario of the market .. then turn around and say majority are not rich
    who r those u refering to?

you, like many ..own many units ...
    while my advice is to others is that to buy 1 big unit as oppose to buying a few small units ... thats all .. and it wont cost them a hell lot more ..

ntg wrong with that

you need not agree with my L/T strategy ..but u need not insinuate that i have an agenda ..

i started by saying ur reasoning is flawed bcoz u say salary dun increase much and yet telling ppl to buy big units

so i question u, who r u going to sell ur big units to since salary din increase much?

and since salary din increase much, based on tat ppty px will hf to correct rite? u shd advice ppl not to buy big ticket items instead of telling them to buy big quantum unit

i started by saying ur reasoning is flawed bcoz u say salary dun increase much and yet telling ppl to buy big units

so i question u, who r u going to sell ur big units to since salary din increase much?

and since salary din increase much, based on tat ppty px will hf to correct rite? u shd advice ppl not to buy big ticket items instead of telling them to buy big quantum unit
    have you not read that part when i redefine mm ?
    have you not read that part when i said again and again 3 bedroom of not smaller than 1300 sqft ?

buying 1 unit of say 1300 sqft ...and buying 2 units of 500 sqft ..
    the sum may have slight difference ..

when market correct ..
    will that 1 unit lose more than the 2 small unit ?
    when it corrects, only 1300 sqft and bigger will suffer ? and not 1000 sqft and less ?

my recommendation didnt have to cost alot
    my recommendation never state that you have to buy multiple units

have i ?

A buys 2 units of Siglap V say 500 sqft at 1000 psf ... total 1 mio
    B buys 1 unit of SUMMIT, say 1300 sqft at 900 psf (which is very high ) ..1.17 mio

B can move in within 3 mths or rent out ... while A waits for TOP

anything wrong with my recommendation to buy a BIG 3 bedroom , old FH unit ? of not smaller than 1000 sqft ?

BIG becos the new MM are tiny

u seriously dun get wat i mean:

u say salary din increase much....but at the same time telling ppl to buy big units....

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    bro, give it up, u got slammed again. its ok, i just got the contrarian signal which i need, i will buy big units (becoz most pple say no).

but dun buy now, buy when kenna slammed, next downturn lah.

look at the big units in sentosa all vacant and asking for low rental. see how long they can tahan lah. LOL.
    thanks Bargain Hunter

you probably are the only left who has been here for as long as i have .. and have read my posts and notice i never once swing with the wind ..but consistently preach the same criteria ..

will take your advice .. else kena slammed by 1 month old new comer

u seriously dun get wat i mean:

u say salary din increase much....but at the same time telling ppl to buy big units....
    is a 3 bedroom of 1300 sqft BIG ?
    or a 3 bedroom of 1000 sqft BIG ?

is a 3 bedroom of 1300 sqft BIG ?
    or a 3 bedroom of 1000 sqft BIG ?
    i am not questioning ur definition of BIG

pls read :

u r the one say who salary din increase much....and at the same time still preaching ppl to buy BIG unit NOW

how many times i goto repeat myself...