Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TriBeCa (D9, Freehold, by CDL)

Really cheap, moreover, it is on such high floor.

Seem like Cosmo have to drop price soon? Maybe even RIvergate or Martin Plc?

Quote Originally Posted by Werther View Post
    Really cheap, moreover, it is on such high floor.

Seem like Cosmo have to drop price soon? Maybe even RIvergate or Martin Plc?
    Wow that's really cheap but it should be a one-off. I don't think Cosmo etc will drop much because river valley is still popular for rental, investors can still cover mortgage. Seems the condos in that area are quite resilient - transacting at valuation and in many cases actually higher.
    Last edited by Maxim1; 03-09-14 at 01:36.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    the seller sold at exactly 4% above his 2006 dec buy price. breakeven.
    Thanks for your regular updates.
    The figure above is 0.4% after 3% stamp duty. Indeed breakeven excluding inflation, opportunity cost and rental yield.

Another idea is to put up for listing for a long time, then decouple at a much lower price due to falling market. Possible?

de-couple in this way would be too troublesome. this seller was serious and it reflects the current market. seriously, i was tempted but i didn't buy it for the following reasons:

1) currently zouk is there.
    2) zouk carpark in future will be sold with the conserved zouk building. future view could be blocked.
    3) quite a small plot of land.
    4) gotta bear with mrt construction for next 7 years.
    5) if the plot of land is sold, gotta bear with building construction as well and at an unknown timing.
    6) wifey says no.

i mainly like the size, layout, price and psf of the unit.

Hi bro bargain

You seem very savvy in property matter. What do you think of buying under my child, below 21 years and do it under a trust deed? What the the negative side of it?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    de-couple in this way would be too troublesome. this seller was serious and it reflects the current market. seriously, i was tempted but i didn't buy it for the following reasons:

1) currently zouk is there.
    2) zouk carpark in future will be sold with the conserved zouk building. future view could be blocked.
    3) quite a small plot of land.
    4) gotta bear with mrt construction for next 7 years.
    5) if the plot of land is sold, gotta bear with building construction as well and at an unknown timing.
    6) wifey says no.

i mainly like the size, layout, price and psf of the unit.
    I looked at a high floor Tribeca unit some time back (not this unit)...

1. I agree that zouk is an issue - but as it would move out at some point, its current presence there didn't bother me too much.
    2. The unit I looked at was facing the other direction towards the old HDB blocks, the many rows of old flats was not an ideal view to me though - although some might appreciate that its unblocked.
    3. the plot of land is OK for me and quite average for district 9 (yes there are bigger projects around but psf in those projects may be more expensive)
    4. mrt construction is not too bad as it is further away - at least not right next to it like Cosmo/Trillium.
    5. the future indefinite construction in the zouk area was abit concerning for me though
    6. wifey did not like the layout :P

What I liked mainly was that the building seemed new. The narrow pool on the second floor overlooks the shophouses and was also quiet on the weekend that I visited. Somehow I like to swim in such pools more than big olympic-sized ones (like Martin Plc) as the pool has abit more "character" and probably less screaming kids.

1) i m not that savvy lah.
    2) this kind of thing, better consult lawyer.
    3) i do not think u can buy under your child's name if he/she is under 21 years old. you can only buy it under someone else's (anyone above 21 years old) name and hold it under a trust deed for him/her. if your evil intention is as i interprete it below, your child has to be above 21 years old.

Hi bro bargain

You seem very savvy in property matter. What do you think of buying under my child, below 21 years and do it under a trust deed? What the the negative side of it?

2) face main road rather noisy too? the old hdb blocks are gone. the land is now the base for the construction of the havelock mrt. that plot of land is now zoned as hotel (if i'm not wrong). those units have full west sun.
    4) for now, the area is so open. tribeca will be able to feel the effects of the construction of great world mrt.
    6) the layout seems better for the 4 bedder. but certain 3 bedders get dual view?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim1 View Post
    I looked at a high floor Tribeca unit some time back (not this unit)...

1. I agree that zouk is an issue - but as it would move out at some point, its current presence there didn't bother me too much.
    2. The unit I looked at was facing the other direction towards the old HDB blocks, the many rows of old flats was not an ideal view to me though - although some might appreciate that its unblocked.
    3. the plot of land is OK for me and quite average for district 9 (yes there are bigger projects around but psf in those projects may be more expensive)
    4. mrt construction is not too bad as it is further away - at least not right next to it like Cosmo/Trillium.
    5. the future indefinite construction in the zouk area was abit concerning for me though
    6. wifey did not like the layout :P

What I liked mainly was that the building seemed new. The narrow pool on the second floor overlooks the shophouses and was also quiet on the weekend that I visited. Somehow I like to swim in such pools more than big olympic-sized ones (like Martin Plc) as the pool has abit more "character" and probably less screaming kids.

but after the MRT is done that area will have a lot of value.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    but after the MRT is done that area will have a lot of value.
    Hi minority

U mean value ther will go up much? But I see condo ard holland v and farrer station not much different.

Cos now mrt is everywhere... Only without mrt, condo not so 'hot' by then.

Just my observation.

perhaps we can say, those which are near mrt, the value will hold up better. those that are really not near any mrt, more of a negative for them.

for tribeca, it will be tough to time a good buy timing as there will be a lot of construction going on for years. currently, its very peaceful until zouk opens for business.

for own stay, i guess a good time is now, when there's a price dip, but gotta bear with the construction. for rental, now is really not the time, rental could stay weak for many years.

Hi minority

U mean value ther will go up much? But I see condo ard holland v and farrer station not much different.

Cos now mrt is everywhere... Only without mrt, condo not so 'hot' by then.

Just my observation.
    Well depends on the connectivity of the area. But given the MRT is there the rental will hold better. also I feel there are potential give the cleared area will be zone as hotel and offices.

Holland V is still far from any of the offices. So having MRT near the place also have to compare how far is the station and what amenities are near by. as well as the location. given alls the same will u rather pick a unit that is near MRT in town or a unit near MRT far from town?
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs