Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891419242934 ... LastLast

Thread: THOMSON GRAND - Jalan Tambur (Upper Thomson Rd), By Luxury Green Development Pte Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Is the caldecott mrt cfm?
    Caldecott (Thomson) MRT station for Circle Line is confirmed. Already built. Waiting for Circle Line to open (should be by the end of this year).

Even owners of SkyEleven admit that T800 is a better location for transport compared to Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Thomson 800 is what a condo should be like. Nowadays most condos have no standards with cheap furnishing and tiny plots of land.
    True, if they have to sell million dollar condos, at least give compressed marble and timber flooring.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    True, if they have to sell million dollar condos, at least give compressed marble and timber flooring.
    If they give poor quality compressed marble might as well have homogeneous tiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    If they give poor quality compressed marble might as well have homogeneous tiles.
    Agreed. High quality Italian homogenous tiles can look good as well as being much easier to maintain than marble. Marble is porous. Red wine, lime juice can seep into the marble. Marble can look old-fashioned like what your auntie/uncle like to use. Especially those cheaper marble.

High quality homogeneous tiles may well cost more than the low quality marble! Its really subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    My unit was $636 psf at launch. 6th floor, non-reservoir facing. Actually I had no choice. It was one of the last units available at the time. The reservoir-facing units high floor would naturally be priced higher. As far as I am aware they are all 3 bedders, including the penthouses.

Please note that Thomson 800 is District 11 classified as CCR under URA whereas Thomson Grand would be District 20 classified as RCR under URA website.

I personally feel that T800 is a better buy. Freehold, District 11, MRT station within less than 5 mins walk, possible interchange station (Circle/Thomson Line). However, please be aware that NS Expressway works will take 6000 sq ft off the total land area for the development and there will be some disruptions to traffic while the expressway is being built. It will be completely underground in the vicinity of T800.
    Thanks for the input. What about the current noise level? Do you expect its going to by noisy going forward and once all projects completed.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    Thanks for the input. What about the current noise level? Do you expect its going to by noisy going forward and once all projects completed.
    Sorry I am not sure about the noise level. You would have to visit some time during peak hour to experience it for yourself. My unit on the 6th floor is not very noisy but it is facing Marymount Road and not the Lornie Road flyover. I believe the high floor units (both side facings) might be noisy as noise travels upwards. Please check it out yourself by going onto the balcony. Usually if you view with agents, the agents will close the sliding windows and turn on the air con in the unit so you can't hear the noise from outside.

Another disdavantage of this development is that the kitchens of the units face each other so there is no privacy in the kitchens. The bedrooms and balconies are OK though (unblocked).

The reservoir facing units might get hot in the afternoon as they are somewhat West facing (but the views from the high floors are good).

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    High quality homogeneous tiles may well cost more than the low quality marble! Its really subjective.
    Is there any project that specifies their use of high quality homogeneous?

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Is there any project that specifies their use of high quality homogeneous?
    Maybe these?

http://www.rice-fields.com/portfolio.html#condos

Oh and another advantage of homogeneous tiles is that they are much safer for your young kids and old folks because you can choose to use non-slip ones for commonly used areas. This is for renovations rather than new developments. After all, you don't want baby or granny slipping on the marble flooring. If they hit their head, the consequences could be really bad.....

T800, 3 bedders all asking 2 mil.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    T800, 3 bedders all asking 2 mil.
    It was about 1m 3bedder when they bought 10 years ago. Good size and excellent location.

It was about 1m 3bedder when they bought 10 years ago. Good size and excellent location.
    \

u think owner shld wait 4 enbloc ?

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Maybe these?

http://www.rice-fields.com/portfolio.html#condos

Oh and another advantage of homogeneous tiles is that they are much safer for your young kids and old folks because you can choose to use non-slip ones for commonly used areas. This is for renovations rather than new developments. After all, you don't want baby or granny slipping on the marble flooring. If they hit their head, the consequences could be really bad.....
    That's a useful, guess there's one more thing to ask about the quality of the homogeneous tiles used.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    \

u think owner shld wait 4 enbloc ?
    Why do you think there would be en bloc? I think it would not be soon. Wait until the NS Expressway is completed. There could be some development/upgrading of the area around that MRT station. Right now it's a big building site. You can't see it from the main road but even before the NSE was announced, I took a drive up the side road that leads to the MRT station and saw how much construction was going on and I knew it wasn't going to be just a simple MRT station and something more was going to be happening around there. NSE is one of them but there could be more (? Thomson Line). As an owner, I believe that the value of the property might be worth more if en bloc 10 years or more down the road rather than in the next few years. That's my
    Last edited by chiaberry; 12-06-11 at 23:09.

it's a little too new to be thinking about en bloc so soon.

Pricing for Thomson Grand out. Can check with websites or agents. 2 bedrooms abt $1400psf while 3 bedrooms abt $1300psf. In short a typical 2 bedder is priced at $1.4 mil while a typical 3 bedder is priced at $1.8 mil.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew76
    Pricing for Thomson Grand out. Can check with websites or agents. 2 bedrooms abt $1400psf while 3 bedrooms abt $1300psf. In short a typical 2 bedder is priced at $1.4 mil while a typical 3 bedder is priced at $1.8 mil.
    pricing is GRAND indeed...

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    pricing is GRAND indeed...
    Yeah, they make far east look modest with a 3 bedder at 1.8mio.

They are portraying the project as a luxury condo. Dunno how many will bite.

wonder how much are their strata houses? Looks nice....

Strata houses start from 3.4M

Quote Originally Posted by cindyw03
    Strata houses start from 3.4M
    seriously who are they going to sell to?
    I dont think Singaporeans will be keen.

seriously who are they going to sell to?
    I dont think Singaporeans will be keen.
    Foreigner who wanted to buy 'landed'....bungalows in sentosa is too pricey for most foreigners oredi

Anyone went for the preview? How's the response like?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew76
    Anyone went for the preview? How's the response like?
    they started the preview already?

Foreigner who wanted to buy 'landed'....bungalows in sentosa is too pricey for most foreigners oredi
    still recalled my distant relative bou 99LH landed at around 1.2m in those days and forced sold at 800k due to financial difficulties after 10 years (down market during that period)

If let say one of the owner throw their "landed" at super low psf, the price of the remaining condo might be affacted as compared to those condo without landed/townhouses.....

siam is safer....

still recalled my distant relative bou 99LH landed at around 1.2m in those days and forced sold at 800k due to financial difficulties after 10 years (down market during that period)

If let say one of the owner throw their "landed" at super low psf, the price of the remaining condo might be affacted as compared to those condo without landed/townhouses.....

siam is safer....
    Ur scenario applies to all other projects with or without townhse

Jus nid one joker to firesale n pull down the valuation.

Ur scenario applies to all other projects with or without townhse

Jus nid one joker to firesale n pull down the valuation.
    but townhouses super big and psf super low, its gonna to be a uphill task. Whereas for other units under firesale, it is still roughly about the same size and usually when there are many units, impact is average out.

I dont mind MM fire sales cos impact not as great.

but townhouses super big and psf super low, its gonna to be a uphill task. Whereas for other units under firesale, it is still roughly about the same size and usually when there are many units, impact is average out.

I dont mind MM fire sales cos impact not as great.
    When market is down, bank based on the lowest transaction for their vsluation.... Nvr average out one lor.

Thumbs down Thomson Grand too close to temple!

Guys,

Fengshui might not be good. Too near temple