Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891015202530 ... LastLast

Thread: THOMSON GRAND - Jalan Tambur (Upper Thomson Rd), By Luxury Green Development Pte Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by cho515
    Guys,

Fengshui might not be good. Too near temple
    what logic is that?

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    what logic is that?
    think it's something to do with the yin and yang thingy. It all depends on whether u believe in such things. That said, Cheung Kong being an old school developer should have taken care of the "fengshui" aspect of the development. It's just that the pricing is a bit "grand", given that nearby FH like Meadows@peirce are at least $300 psf cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew76
    think it's something to do with the yin and yang thingy. It all depends on whether u believe in such things. That said, Cheung Kong being an old school developer should have taken care of the "fengshui" aspect of the development. It's just that the pricing is a bit "grand", given that nearby FH like Meadows@peirce are at least $300 psf cheaper.
    that's always been cheung kong's style of doing things. that's why i say they make FEO look modest.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    When market is down, bank based on the lowest transaction for their vsluation.... Nvr average out one lor.
    Ya, safer to buy projects with more units at least got more transactions to average out the prices. But town houses are something new right?

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    Ya, safer to buy projects with more units at least got more transactions to average out the prices. But town houses are something new right?
    Townhse within a condo is relatively new concept....their vision aso hf....woodhaven aso hf....dleedon too

Townhse within a condo is relatively new concept....their vision aso hf....woodhaven aso hf....dleedon too
    not new lah ... off hand I can count Sommerville Park, 33ys old project, it already has townhse within the condo. another 30y old project along Balmoral also got.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    not new lah ... off hand I can count Sommerville Park, 33ys old project, it already has townhse within the condo. another 30y old project along Balmoral also got.
    Yong An Park is another one?
    Which project along Balmoral are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by SpinCity
    Yong An Park is another one?
    Which project along Balmoral are you referring to?

"The" Balmoral ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    I m yng mah

BT Article on June 23:

Cheung Kong unveils 361-unit Thomson Grand:
    Prices start at $1,400 psf, project to be launched in July

Selected excerpts from the article appended below:

"Priced at $1,400 per sq ft (psf) and above, there will be about 50 units allotted in the first phase," said Cannas Ho, Cheung Kong's sales manager. "However, we have not decided which units will be released."

According to Ms Ho, a large majority of units will have commanding views of the Island Golf Course, Lower Pierce Reservoir, the Central Catchment Reserve and Bishan Park, with the exception of those on the lower floors.

Ms believes that at $1,400 psf, Thomson Grand would make a good investment proposition, as "Sentosa apartments with a similar view start at $2,500 psf."

prices from 1400psf!!!! which means higher flrs can hit 16xxpsf

prices from 1400psf!!!! which means higher flrs can hit 16xxpsf

also meaning further down the road ..... those FH condos/ landed will get a boost

also meaning FH condos in other 'not here, not there' areas will get a boost

Actually the vision sold from 900psf for bigger units, so this one from 1100psf oredi 200psf more

I maintain my px range...hehe
    i was wrong!

am i too overly pessismistic?

HUAT ARGH

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    also meaning further down the road ..... those FH condos/ landed will get a boost

congrats to all owners of meadows@pierce

i was wrong!

am i too overly pessismistic?

HUAT ARGH
    Probably you did not factor in the view.

Check out the center page advertisement in BT today which shows the so call magnificent view most units command At this psf, the furnishing must be very ahtas.

Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    Probably you did not factor in the view.

Check out the center page advertisement in BT today which shows the so call magnificent view most units command At this psf, the furnishing must be very ahtas.
    i am quite sure the furnishing is comparable to D9,10 projects

i remember seeing them providing swarovski crystal lightings in the bathroom for The vision

the beauty of this project is 2 units per flr....

the view....hmm...i always tot location comes first den add another 10% to it for gd views....tats how i perceive ppty values

the beauty of this project is 2 units per flr....
    less neighbor, less potential for conflict right?

Dunno whether units at Miltonia commanding similar golf course view will skyrocket as a result of Thomson Grand Smart for the spokeswoman to compare the view with Sentosa and not Miltonia.

Quote Originally Posted by wesing
    Dunno whether units at Miltonia commanding similar golf course view will skyrocket as a result of Thomson Grand Smart for the spokeswoman to compare the view with Sentosa and not Miltonia.

what will sellers of Flame Tree (?) at sin ming junction ... also have full view of SICC ...

its location is even better ...

No point paying so much for view. U will hardly notice it after a while.

Contradicting what the Cheung Kong's spokeswoman was quoted by BT, ST article wrotes: "The apartments will be priced at an average of $1,400 per sq ft for the initial launch of 50 units next month".

Which is more believable Guess psf stated in ST report sounded more reasonable

what will sellers of Flame Tree (?) at sin ming junction ... also have full view of SICC ...

its location is even better ...
    Agreed. Flame Tree is a much better location. Easy access to bus stops along 2 roads as it is at the junction of Upper Thomson and Sin Ming. The car access is also easy (just off the main Upper Thomson Road). Also not having temple (!) and school (!) as next door neighbours. However now Flame Tree owners will not let go of their units easily......not after seeing these prices. May even en bloc one day.

"Cheung Kong will be targeting local upgraders as Thomson Grand is the only new development within the Thomson area.

Ms Ho believes that at $1,400 psf, Thomson Grand would make a good investment proposition, as 'Sentosa apartments with a similar view start at $2,500 psf'. The possibility of launching this project overseas to foreign buyers is also being explored."

i find this part most hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    "Cheung Kong will be targeting local upgraders as Thomson Grand is the only new development within the Thomson area.

Ms Ho believes that at $1,400 psf, Thomson Grand would make a good investment proposition, as 'Sentosa apartments with a similar view start at $2,500 psf'. The possibility of launching this project overseas to foreign buyers is also being explored."

i find this part most hilarious.
    i find the above even better ...

just un case no singaporeans bite at 1400 psf ...then they have to market to oversea right ?

cover her own asssssss ....................

Anybody here bought THE VISION?

2bedder gona cost 1.3xmil....rental can fetch 4-4.5k?

The 3bedder rental yield will b worse....buy to bleed.

cannot afford nevermind. maybe temple next door provides free food? whole family go there and eat for 3 meals can liao.

obviously by "investment", ah Ho doesn't mean rental as she compared to sentosa at 2500psf. she is using the "relative cheapness" theory.

obviously by "investment", ah Ho doesn't mean rental as she compared to sentosa at 2500psf. she is using the "relative cheapness" theory.
    Why did not compare with Miltonia. Sama golf course view

abit too simplistic

like that .. if there is a shopping mall across my condo .. i can also compare to ION ? ...

i think 1400 psf will be tough ... for that location ...