Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819242934 ... LastLast

Thread: THOMSON GRAND - Jalan Tambur (Upper Thomson Rd), By Luxury Green Development Pte Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Hk2313, why dun u consider the townhouses in dleedon ? More convenient at least got MRT next door. Definitely much better than this.
    I tink its not open for sale yet....

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    any nice cluster houses around 1.7m?
    Water Terrace, The Top Residence, Sovereign@Simon and Horizon Gardens! Nice or not is a personal choice! Most only has pool and no other facilities!

in the end decided to not go ahead, mainly as after looking at the model (which some agents posted online, though offically showroom not open yet) the strata houses with the pool were really toooooo close to the road in my opinion.....

Thanks everybody for the feedback given !

Quote Originally Posted by hk2313
    @ amk, I cant find any infos on these !!!
    R u physically in SG ? Or is ur girl friend Singaporean ? Go pay a visit lah. There is a show house there. It's north of botanic gardens, if u like this greenery thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Water Terrace, The Top Residence, Sovereign@Simon and Horizon Gardens! Nice or not is a personal choice! Most only has pool and no other facilities!
    Water Terrace looks good for its price... FH, near MRT/Nex and some schools...
    But it looks pretty close to all your neighbours....

Water Terrace looks good for its price... FH, near MRT/Nex and some schools...
    But it looks pretty close to all your neighbours....
    Nearly bought it. Developer is still holding on to 2 units but after viewing,decided to give it a miss. Developers rented those 2 units to the wrong tenants who basically turned the units into shrines with altars everywhere. There's a room even with the word 'death'. But I suppose the other units are still ok. Yes the units are very closed to each other. Only a pool as its facility... location not bad!

charlton villas also looks nice.... especially the smaller units with the entertainment room.. wonder if it would come down to 2mil or not...

charlton villas also looks nice.... especially the smaller units with the entertainment room.. wonder if it would come down to 2mil or not...
    Was at the initial launch but not enough Vit M then. Also thought it was too expensive then so missed the boat lor. The units along the road might be too noisy. Get those inside but I doubt prices will return to $2m. Missed the boat unless something happens to economy. Try Surin Villa for slightly higher price for much more space.

@ amk, D'Leedong Townhouses not released yet, I checked, cheers

Do seriously consider them. The location is good. I heard somebody mention that they might be 999 year rather than 99LH? Anybody can confirm or refute? I thought that was a bit weird but maybe they acquired a small piece of land next to the main site that was 999y.

Was at the initial launch but not enough Vit M then. Also thought it was too expensive then so missed the boat lor. The units along the road might be too noisy. Get those inside but I doubt prices will return to $2m. Missed the boat unless something happens to economy. Try Surin Villa for slightly higher price for much more space.
    Surin Villas, be careful of the buayas.

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    Surin Villas, be careful of the buayas.
    You referring to the housing agents or the people staying in Surin Ave?

You referring to the housing agents or the people staying in Surin Ave?
    Surin Villas is just next to the crocodile farm and factory. Interesting place to visit. But when it comes to staying not for me.
    http://www.singaporecrocfarm.com/Sin...Farm/Main.html

Surin Villas is just next to the crocodile farm and factory. Interesting place to visit. But when it comes to staying not for me.
    Hahaha! OIC... yeah yeah... been around there many times but never into the farm! Well thx for the info...

hahaha. Two types of buayas might be found in your pool. The human kind is more dangerous...

Surin is too massive... unless u have parents, in laws all living under one roof... hahaha

Surin is too massive... unless u have parents, in laws all living under one roof... hahaha
    well if you have the cash, you won't mind doing with more space... can have karaoke room, personal gym room, study room, etc!

dear HK2313,
    as a fellow foreign investor. just to update you the latest news from the grapevine.
    if you want to invest in Singapore, you better do it fast. I heard that due to the results of the recent general election, the current government is going to impose more restrictive measures on foreign ownership.

1) foreigner can only sell to Singaporeans only.
    2) foreigner cannot take any loan from local banks in Singapore.
    3) if foreigner sell within 10 years of their purchase, they will suffer a capital gains tax of 20%.

The measures are confirmed, the thing about points 1) & 3) is that the government may backdate it, meaning, even if you buy now, you might be affected by points 1) & 3).

Having warned you of the coming control measures, (don't say anybody didn't warn you okay.), now, you still want to buy property in Singapore?

Foreigners including PRs?

When will the new measures on foreign ownership kick in?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    dear HK2313,
    as a fellow foreign investor. just to update you the latest news from the grapevine.
    if you want to invest in Singapore, you better do it fast. I heard that due to the results of the recent general election, the current government is going to impose more restrictive measures on foreign ownership.

1) foreigner can only sell to Singaporeans only.
    2) foreigner cannot take any loan from local banks in Singapore.
    3) if foreigner sell within 10 years of their purchase, they will suffer a capital gains tax of 20%.

The measures are confirmed, the thing about points 1) & 3) is that the government may backdate it, meaning, even if you buy now, you might be affected by points 1) & 3).

Having warned you of the coming control measures, (don't say anybody didn't warn you okay.), now, you still want to buy property in Singapore?
    Sounds like Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Sounds like Australia.
    *yawn* MND copy idea from Australia。

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Same with Malaysia?

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    You mean we are not in Australia?

Whatever the policies, copy or no copy, something must be done before its too late so yes at least KBW is willing to copy and not fearful of being labelled a copycat. He's merely learning the strength of foreign policies and modifying it to suit our country. Better than not doing anything like his predecessor!!!

@ hopeful

thanks for the update. TG Strata House was considering for own stay as planning to move around that time, so would not have been a problem. With regards to investment, I think at current market pricings, it seems not really realistic to hope for more gains, I am actually rather looking to sell another property I hold in Singapore

@ hopeful

thanks for the update. TG Strata House was considering for own stay as planning to move around that time, so would not have been a problem. With regards to investment, I think at current market pricings, it seems not really realistic to hope for more gains, I am actually rather looking to sell another property I hold in Singapore
    Good decision to sell but the biggest question here is when. I sold mine and made some profit but 6 months later, that profit could have doubled... Decide wisely and all the best!

If they put in such measures, it'll really give the locals a good shot at home ownership, if they don't make use of this, they'll have no one to blame.

Seriously I doubt KBW would do something like this to discourage foreign investments in our land. Just when the country can boast its international standing as the highly preferred destination for foreigners to park their funds, they are doing something like that to compromise their standing??? Hmmm.... maybe not.