Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 27121722272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: THOMSON GRAND - Jalan Tambur (Upper Thomson Rd), By Luxury Green Development Pte Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Have u guys really gone down and see TG ? For all practical purpose , it's selling very well. Just left a few low floor temple facing 3bds and some poor facing 2bds. The bishan price definitely helped the sales in these 2 weeks.

you mean Sky Habitat is helping this 'used-to-be-over-priced' Thomson Grand to sell? earlier in first 10 pages of this thread, people were thinking how crazy prices were for this Thomson Grand (myself included)

what's left? lousy stack 23 and the poor facing stack 6 or stack 5 2-bedders?

They probably dropped the discount too by now? What's the discount now?

Another job well done for Li Ka-Shing? Okay luxury sells...
    Last edited by lufu; 08-04-12 at 23:24.

Have u guys really gone down and see TG ? For all practical purpose , it's selling very well. Just left a few low floor temple facing 3bds and some poor facing 2bds. The bishan price definitely helped the sales in these 2 weeks.
    177 caveats lodged to date and this project has 339 units. So 50% of the units still available?

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    177 caveats lodged to date and this project has 339 units. So 50% of the units still available?

242 units sold out of a total of 361 as of Feb data. We don't know how many was sold in March. URA data will be out in this week or next

btw, did Thomson Grand's high price came as a result of them packing lesser units on the plot of land?

According to GLS sale, they can build up to 400 units but it's now 10% lesser.
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/prope...property-sites
    Last edited by lufu; 09-04-12 at 07:25.

Quote Originally Posted by lufu
    242 units sold out of a total of 361 as of Feb data. We don't know how many was sold in March. URA data will be out in this week or next

btw, did Thomson Grand's high price came as a result of them packing lesser units on the plot of land?

According to GLS sale, they can build up to 400 units but it's now 10% lesser.
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/prope...property-sites
    Maybe due to those townhouse units with large floor area

If u visit the show flat, you will see almost all are sold. Unless the chart there is lying, which I doubt. There was indeed a lot more activities in that few weeks after the bishan announcement.

To lufu: I think the 1st 10 pages of this thread is still valid. TG started selling at 1400 plus, which is very high. And those are for the blocks that have the view. After that they started selling blocks with lesser or no views, with psf down to 1200 or even 1100. This is still very high, because the whole point of this project is the view. But buyers now will feel they get a good deal simply because th psf is 11xx.

If u visit the show flat, you will see almost all are sold. Unless the chart there is lying, which I doubt. There was indeed a lot more activities in that few weeks after the bishan announcement.

To lufu: I think the 1st 10 pages of this thread is still valid. TG started selling at 1400 plus, which is very high. And those are for the blocks that have the view. After that they started selling blocks with lesser or no views, with psf down to 1200 or even 1100. This is still very high, because the whole point of this project is the view. But buyers now will feel they get a good deal simply because th psf is 11xx.
    And the original buyers feel less hard done by because these are units with no view.

To lufu: I think the 1st 10 pages of this thread is still valid. TG started selling at 1400 plus, which is very high. And those are for the blocks that have the view.

Agree, no point buying if there's no view. Just like those who bought into Gardens at Bishan. They are struggling to sell now. Put up with 2 years of construction noise at Thomson Grand plus having their prized view taken away by the new Thomson Grand.

I was contemplating a unit at Thomson Grand some time ago but fail to see any potential future value in this part of Singapore. (yes I know there's NS Expressway and possibly Sin Ming Station that has already been priced in)
    A huge chunk of land in this area is already taken up reservoir, natural reserve and golf course. There are hardly any stimulus.

If you're talking about view, there are much cheaper options at less central location such as The Estuary or The Miltonia Residences at Yishun. Foresque Residences or Treehouse at Petir Road.

Good for them, Sky Habitat is helping this developer to yet create another success after The Vision.

Agree, no point buying if there's no view. Just like those who bought into Gardens at Bishan. They are struggling to sell now. Put up with 2 years of construction noise at Thomson Grand plus having their prized view taken away by the new Thomson Grand.

I was contemplating a unit at Thomson Grand some time ago but fail to see any potential future value in this part of Singapore. (yes I know there's NS Expressway and possibly Sin Ming Station that has already been priced in)
    A huge chunk of land in this area is already taken up reservoir, natural reserve and golf course. There are hardly any stimulus.

If you're talking about view, there are much cheaper options at less central location such as The Estuary or The Miltonia Residences at Yishun. Foresque Residences or Treehouse at Petir Road.

Good for them, Sky Habitat is helping this developer to yet create another success after The Vision.
    I actuaaly see this as a plus... more openess, less cramp feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by stiook
    I actuaaly see this as a plus... more openess, less cramp feeling.
    Agree. I thought this was their sales pitch. Anyway the main deterrent for me was the west facing for 3 bedders. Otherwise, its a decent proposition.

Quote Originally Posted by insigina
    Agree. I thought this was their sales pitch. Anyway the main deterrent for me was the west facing for 3 bedders. Otherwise, its a decent proposition.

Buy 2 bedders, they don't get the west sun.
    Strata house in from of the 2 bedders also shield from West sun.

I was also put off by the West sun despite them showing me the special tinted UV glass at their show room and balcony sun screen provided by developer

But you are right about the sales speech.

You would have thought that the West sun is a huge deterrent. However I notice that for Flame Tree Park there are more sellers of the east facing units compared to the west facing units.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    You would have thought that the West sun is a huge deterrent. However I notice that for Flame Tree Park there are more sellers of the east facing units compared to the west facing units.
    East facing units goodie good, so can sell cos got buyers. West facing units resigned to their fate?

Can resign to me cheap cheap? I don't mind soaking some afternoon sun.

.... err... I thought u know the area well... you should know what's in the east of this ...

.... err... I thought u know the area well... you should know what's in the east of this ...
    Big temple? There are other developments with a better and more direct view of that temple including the ever-popular Clover, Gardens, etc.

Big temple? There are other developments with a better and more direct view of that temple including the ever-popular Clover, Gardens, etc.
    not temple. one particular industry. and wind blows this way.....

not temple. one particular industry. and wind blows this way.....
    It's only carbon by the time it gets there. Maybe that's why there's no takers for Faber Gardens and Thomson View en bloc. Also that they are pretty huge plots of land.

It's only carbon by the time it gets there. Maybe that's why there's no takers for Faber Gardens and Thomson View en bloc. Also that they are pretty huge plots of land.

And to think there's a new plot next to Thomson View up for sale in Jun 12.
    Would be interesting to watch the GLS bid on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    East facing units goodie good, so can sell cos got buyers. West facing units resigned to their fate?
    Go see an unit on high floor... the view is really good if you can tolrate the west sun... depends on how much value you place on each criteria...

More the size of development imo

And to think there's a new plot next to Thomson View up for sale in Jun 12.
    Would be interesting to watch the GLS bid on this one.
    When is the closing? That land location only so so. Sandwich between thomson view and the hdb.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    When is the closing? That land location only so so. Sandwich between thomson view and the hdb.

not sure but it's a tiny plot. 1.3ha with 2.8 plot ratio. Enough for 1 tower?
    sandwich between Thomson View and HDB. Not so interesting after all.

not sure but it's a tiny plot. 1.3ha with 2.8 plot ratio. Enough for 1 tower?
    sandwich between Thomson View and HDB. Not so interesting after all.
    And it's an odd shaped land.

Decided to check out Thomson Grand today after the long awaited 14/4/12 Sky Habitat launch. Not many 3 bedders left

Cheung Kong should Thank Capitaland

If the sales chart is right. There are only 31 units left.
    Sold 330 out of 361

Picture for Strata House was blur but there were all sold out

When was TG first launched?

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    When was TG first launched?

About 7 July 2011

91% already sold

Quote Originally Posted by insigina
    If TG sales are slow at current prices
    Curious why are you saying TG sales is slow?

I'm having renewed interest in this project, I call it the Sky Habitat Effect

Jan 2012 - 3 units sold
    Feb 2012 - 52 units sold
    March 2012 - 54 units sold
    April 2012 - sold 34 units as of 14/4

31 units left as of 14/4/2012

You bought one? Only 31 units left.