Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New EC site opposite 8 Courtyards

My guess is that the bids will be subdued, if any at all. At least Canopy can boast of being quiet and beside amenities (coffeeshops, supermart)

This one has roads surrounding it, got shark fins' view and not a stroll to anything decent. My suspicion maybe 600psf max (given that Seletaris asking 600-700psf and FH)

Let's see

Canopy better location. This site cannot be priced higher unless branded furnishing.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Wat toking u?

I meant fins n frosted windows la
    Haha I think ratty never visit 8C showroom, dunno got fins facing air base..when I showed my disgust to the agent, she told me still can peek through hahaha.. But she never told me got frosted leh.. Otherwise if I complain, she might tell me like that got privacy..

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    Canopy better location. This site cannot be priced higher unless branded furnishing.
    Don't agree canopy has better location.. Both are not near mrt.. But this new one has better potential cos there might be an mrt station there dunno when.. And canopy is flanked by low price lilydale to negate its price growth.. But this new one has 8C to help up it..

If you guys drive near canopy lilydale, there are some workers' quarters in the vicinity. Containers and containers of workers' quarters. Just travel along Yishun Ave 6 towards Seletar Camp and you will see them. Could be temporary.

If we look at condo buildup in Yishun Ave 7 and Canberra area...... there should be some plans in future to serve the growing community there, i.e. MRT, mall, interchange, etc... but i guess that will be 2020 onwards.

Sapphire = 380 units
    Emerald = 436 units
    Eight Courtyards = 656 units
    New EC Site = 700+ units
    Seletaris = 328
    Sensoria = 73
    Canberra Residences = 320
    New Site next to CR and SSC = ?? 300 units?

Total = approx 3200 -3300 units
    Total condo residents = 3300 x 3.5 = approx 11,500, not including the landed population.

I think we will need more than a SSC to serve the condo residents, thus more potential for this area.

Quote Originally Posted by linchong84
    Haha I think ratty never visit 8C showroom, dunno got fins facing air base..when I showed my disgust to the agent, she told me still can peek through hahaha.. But she never told me got frosted leh.. Otherwise if I complain, she might tell me like that got privacy..
    he said sharkfins mah and at one time praised 8CY. I visited but nvr pay attention to the air base thingy.....shall check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    MRT station pending to open. The potential here is better than canopy. This plot is blocked by 3 condos and yet quite near to MRT.

Gambass Ave junction sure will be very busy next time.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    he said sharkfins mah and at one time praised 8CY. I visited but nvr pay attention to the air base thingy.....shall check it out.
    Praised?

750psf ok entry price....reasonable psf....but not 850psf now.....

Every location has a px tag......

MRT station pending to open. The potential here is better than canopy. This plot is blocked by 3 condos and yet quite near to MRT.

Gambass Ave junction sure will be very busy next time.
    i dun think MRT will open until after 2020...

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    If you guys drive near canopy lilydale, there are some workers' quarters in the vicinity. Containers and containers of workers' quarters. Just travel along Yishun Ave 6 towards Seletar Camp and you will see them. Could be temporary.

If we look at condo buildup in Yishun Ave 7 and Canberra area...... there should be some plans in future to serve the growing community there, i.e. MRT, mall, interchange, etc... but i guess that will be 2020 onwards.

Sapphire = 380 units
    Emerald = 436 units
    New EC Site = 700+ units
    Seletaris = 328
    Sensoria = 73

Total condo residents = 3300 x 3.5 = approx 11,500, not including the landed population.

I think we will need more than a SSC to serve the condo residents, thus more potential for this area.
    Govt seldom plan amenities for exisiting condo developments.. Usually it is the other way round.. For eg, they will build mrt station, shopping mall at a certain location.. Then, they will tender out the land so that developers bid high for it and govt got the big bucks from land sales..

But once the condo developments are all up, no money to collect liao, govt will go to other plots of land to build interesting things to increase the value of the lands there to earn money from land sales..

Sure have mrt/LRT. Need to encourage people not to drive. Maybe LRT integrated with new shoppin centre. But not so soon. Meantime enjoy the serene surrounding if still have.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Praised?

750psf ok entry price....reasonable psf....but not 850psf now.....

Every location has a px tag......
    Reasonable because it's cheapest?

This is good efforts made. I am just thinking woodlands is big but only have causeway point.

Here we have SSC, sun plaza n north point.

Sapphire = 380 units
    Emerald = 436 units
    New EC Site = 700+ units
    Seletaris = 328
    Sensoria = 73

Quote Originally Posted by linchong84
    Govt seldom plan amenities for exisiting condo developments.. Usually it is the other way round.. For eg, they will build mrt station, shopping mall at a certain location.. Then, they will tender out the land so that developers bid high for it and govt got the big bucks from land sales..

But once the condo developments are all up, no money to collect liao, govt will go to other plots of land to build interesting things to increase the value of the lands there to earn money from land sales..
    You might want to take a look at the master plan, there are still empty residential plots around the possible mrt location. Plus there is this piece of commercial land not developed yet.

Their strategy now shifting to maximizing commercial or mix development land price as well. Need catchment in order to sell high. Should have something interesting coming up

Shops along the old Yishun Bus Interchange mostly closed. Something amiss?

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Shops along the old Yishun Bus Interchange mostly closed. Something amiss?
    heard there is redevelopment taking place.

heard there is redevelopment taking place.
    sooner than expected.

Maybe demolish first..

Land tender should be out if they want to speed things up. Maybe it is intentionally delayed?

The new Yishun integrated bus interchange in the making liao. and Hint hint... should be after the miltonia land bid is over.

I non guru guess.

Sooner than expected? The plan was out to revamp Yishun into a hub couple of mths ago.

Not early at all, it's all in the plan for those who follow the news.

Sooner than expected? The plan was out to revamp Yishun into a hub couple of mths ago.

Not early at all, it's all in the plan for those who follow the news.
    Close before formal announcement of closure.

Already closed, y no formal announcement that it is already closed. Have a more complex mind will ya?

Close before formal announcement of closure.

Already closed, y no formal announcement that it is already closed. Have a more complex mind will ya?
    ya I did not read from any papers, more from my sis who is staying around Yishun. Master plan stated commercial cum residential & transport facilities.

Yishun and her counterparts up north all the way through Sembawang and Woodlands have great potential for major revamp. Govt pumping big money to ensure vibrant neighbourhood to upkeep Singapore's good image! Prices in Jurong already climbing and only the north is still behind... now it seems the north prices will climb upwards in no time also! Where else can we go to for cheap housing?

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Yishun and her counterparts up north all the way through Sembawang and Woodlands have great potential for major revamp. Govt pumping big money to ensure vibrant neighbourhood to upkeep Singapore's good image! Prices in Jurong already climbing and only the north is still behind... now it seems the north prices will climb upwards in no time also! Where else can we go to for cheap housing?
    Tuas.....

Golf course n reservoir view very much welcome.

Any guesses for name of this EC?

8 maidens for the 8 courtyards?

Or Shark Fins and Frosties Residences?

Scully they one up over 8CY by calling themselves 9 Courtyards - one more courtyard yet 20% cheaper lol

Tuas.....

Golf course n reservoir view very much welcome.
    Consider Pulau Ubin... Like the next Sentosa???

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Any guesses for name of this EC?

8 maidens for the 8 courtyards?

Or Shark Fins and Frosties Residences?

Scully they one up over 8CY by calling themselves 9 Courtyards - one more courtyard yet 20% cheaper lol
    Duno leh, anything goes...

Crazy names may be

Coutyardtaris

8soria

North star

Yishun diamond

Helios since got helicopters around.

Tridale

Canonia

D berries

Duke,s residences, affiliate to duke medical school.

So many wild ideas, it better be good.

Speculating on name of the new EC is infinite or endless. Have a more complex mind will ya.

Anyway, I'm confident this EC take up rate will be good.

Agree with u but just having some fun poking there. U have no sense of humor?

Already said anything goes.

Make sure it's not some eggtartcue

Speculating on name of the new EC is infinite or endless. Have a more complex mind will ya.

Anyway, I'm confident this EC take up rate will be good.
    If income ceiling raised, takeup rate will be good.. If not, might be same response as canopy.. somemore next year's sentiments might not be good, so people might choose to wait..

The worst has to come first before buying.