Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Owners' loft plans for units derailed

Quote Originally Posted by Petmail
    The easiest to know is that if your floor plans reflect a second floor then YES! Its approved and when u recieve your unit, it will be what u bought for. Other than that... Likely self application or no prior approval given. Hope this will clear your doubts!

Cheers
    oh ya, btw i haf checked wif agts at woodhaven tat the loft thing they provide for their soho units r not counted in part of the GFA but its LEGAL bcoz its is detachable and its not considered as a perm fixture

FEO surely knows how to exploit loopholes

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    oh ya, btw i haf checked wif agts at woodhaven tat the loft thing they provide for their soho units r not counted in part of the GFA but its LEGAL bcoz its is detachable and its not considered as a perm fixture

don't quite get concept of loft
    Woodhaven airspace not considered as GFA (indicated in strata title), so cannot built loft.

How does FEO exploit loophole? FEO cannot charge the loft part.
    Unless strata title indicates 500sf and FEO charge buyer 800sf ?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    don't quite get concept of loft
    Woodhaven airspace not considered as GFA (indicated in strata title), so cannot built loft.

How does FEO exploit loophole? FEO cannot charge the loft part.
    Unless strata title indicates 500sf and FEO charge buyer 800sf ?
    no la...strata space remains as let say 500sqft but they added in movable loft structure as a selling point to sell their Soho units so tat they can charge higher psf .....their ground flr 5m ceiling height Soho r all gone when i visited their showflat....gd aso lar....no nid to tempt me

no la...strata space remains as let say 500sqft but they added in movable loft structure as a selling point to sell their Soho units so tat they can charge higher psf .....their ground flr 5m ceiling height Soho r all gone when i visited their showflat....gd aso lar....no nid to tempt me
    common loophole that exists for ages...just put wheels below the structure even though the wheels dun turn. Look like a wheel can liao. In old days.. people use paramid structure... now we use box structure... chinese like cone structure.

All one needs is to have one accident with such structure adn the laws will be enacted these structures. It is probably treated as a double decker bed.

Kemb suite ph has high ceilings, so can or cant build loft level ?

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    Kemb suite ph has high ceilings, so can or cant build loft level ?
    Can, just legal or not. Best to assume all illegal unless approval given.

reply from URA
    The strata floor area quoted by developers is the area which will be reflected in the subsidiary strata certificate of title of the unit when it is completed. The Land Titles (Strata) Act (LTSA) administered by the Singapore Land Authority, requires the dimensions of a strata unit to be clearly marked out on the strata certified plan so that the strata area of a unit and the common property are shown on the plan. The LTSA however, does not prescribe what constitutes the strata floor area of a unit.

We understand that developers usually include “double volume” space as part of the strata area, e.g. the empty space above the living room which extends to the second storey ceiling in a penthouse unit. You may wish to find out more information from the developers of the projects you mentioned on how they have computed the strata area of the units

Yours sincerely

TAN PUEY CHOO (MS)
    for CONTROLLER OF HOUSING

URBAN REDEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY