Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Leedon Residence launch at 2300?

Default Leedon Residence launch at 2300?

Rumor leeedon residence launching next month at 2300+ psf... What do you think? Too High or too low? Will it be snap up?

Don't buy.

want to buy or not and can afford or not is 2 different issues. most probably bigger unit in this development. Its very clear the problem now is quantum. Priced at 2100-2200 psf @ 1500sqft to 1800sqft how many can afford the 20% or 40% DP??

Personally i see pple whom dont mind $2000 psf development n above pple "very up". Obviously $$$ is not a issue right. Cos they can stay $800 psf in some ulu location. HAHAHA some forumers must have felt thier ego being rubbed at this point.

yah there are many. many 卧虎藏龙. stay 800psf or less or even in hdb but can afford investment property of above 2000psf.

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    want to buy or not and can afford or not is 2 different issues. most probably bigger unit in this development. Its very clear the problem now is quantum. Priced at 2100-2200 psf @ 1500sqft to 1800sqft how many can afford the 20% or 40% DP??

Personally i see pple whom dont mind $2000 psf development n above pple "very up". Obviously $$$ is not a issue right. Cos they can stay $800 psf in some ulu location. HAHAHA some forumers must have felt thier ego being rubbed at this point.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Why you so blunt say people cannot afford? Some people here staying in Crabelle make 1 trade can buy 1 Penthouse, easily more than what you all earn in 10 years buying and selling properties etc you know! They said don't want to buy only, not that they cannot!

Ai yoh because of that 40% DP , want to leverage also difficult, still have to liquidate some of my other investments.

But actually hor, Leedon that location I won't buy lah. Over-valued at $2300 psf. I rather buy Orchard areas (Cascaden/Paterson/Claymore/Ardmore) at $2800-3000 psf still better bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    yah there are many. many 卧虎藏龙. stay 800psf or less or even in hdb but can afford investment property of above 2000psf.
    yup, hdb is for keeps.. their true color... tiger and dragon...

someone posted a sentosa bungalow buyer with hdb address right?

not me lah, just giving example.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear

But actually hor, Leedon that location I won't buy lah. Over-valued at $2300 psf. I rather buy Orchard areas (Cascaden/Paterson/Claymore/Ardmore) at $2800-3000 psf still better bargain.
    Slow move into orchard mah. Not everyone can 1 shot move in mah.

First I am an investor and I do not discriminate. Not sure what u mean by you see some people "very up" - u judge a person by the psf of their house issit? Strange moral values - no need to worship money so much lah. Anyway, as an investor, I just think at 2300psf there is not much upside. But if u think its a good deal at this point, go ahead and justify it. But there is no need to put anyone down right? So what if someone stays in a condo below $800psf or a HDB flat? Some of these guys have much greater dignity and moral values than another person you see "very up" u know.

I am tickled by the you see people with house above 2000psf "very up" part. You can worship them for all I care.

I don't think there are many condos below $800psf today. As far as I'm concerned, none of my investments are worth below $800psf today - prices have risen a lot. Update your database.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    First I am an investor and I do not discriminate. Not sure what u mean by you see some people "very up" - u judge a person by the psf of their house issit? Strange moral values - no need to worship money so much lah. Anyway, as an investor, I just think at 2300psf there is not much upside. But if u think its a good deal at this point, go ahead and justify it. But there is no need to put anyone down right? So what if someone stays in a condo below $800psf or a HDB flat? Some of these guys have much greater dignity and moral values than another person you see "very up" u know.

I am tickled by the you see people with house above 2000psf "very up" part. You can worship them for all I care.

I don't think there are many condos below $800psf today. As far as I'm concerned, none of my investments are worth below $800psf today - prices have risen a lot. Update your database.
    interesting interpretation of my posting. Hope you didnt take it personally.

all things being equal, someone rich doesnt mean they got more moral values. allow me to decipher my own statement. When u see someone up, means u see someone as very capable, money can be 1 way of measuring it if you want.

Notice my posting was objective. At that price point, its not whether want or dont want already, affordability quantum sets in. i also didnt say its a gd buy or not, i merely envious pple whom pay 2300 psf to step on, thus i "see ethm very up". U can spit on pple whom buy the marq and say they are stupid. i merely "see them very up".

As far as you are concern, good for you that all of your investment made alot of $$$$. That only means you dont have ulu location investments.

Oh by the way, when i want to become a property investor, my middle name is call $$$$. I dont worship them, i only turn them into my asset. I didnt reply your posting cos, its not targeted at you

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

I also see those people buying MarQ@Paterson at $58xx psf for a 6000 sqft unit very very UP UP UP because they got money too much!
    What has that to do with "u judge a person by the psf of their house?" Why you want to think that they got a lot money means they won't have good moral value, etique etc?
    See people got money up means "put anyone (with no money) down?". Anybody says "someone stays in a condo below $800psf or a HDB flat" means no dignity and moral value? Contrastly anybody says people with money means "great dignity and moral value"?

Why are you so angered as much as to say "I am tickled by the you see people with house above 2000psf "very up" part. You can worship them for all I care. I don't think there are many condos below $800psf today. As far as I'm concerned, none of my investments are worth below $800psf today - prices have risen a lot. Update your database."
    Nobody says you got no money right and see you no up right? Good for you since you make lots of money. I would be glad to see more Singaporeans can live in properties such as MarQ@Paterson 6000 sqft unit and still feel easy as bird with no money worry. Think I am too old to achieve that. Would also be more happy if people don't look at those living in luxury properties through tainted glasses as those they sure lack dignity and morals as though only poorer people have.

anyway lets not out of topic ba. The older big FH units here are selling ard 1600++ psf, i suspect owners are calling for $1700 psf. Dont see much transcations. Perhaps quantum is huge.

Wild falcon, why u so bitter and sensitive? I noticed your post is very negative, bitter and especially bearish.... Missed the boat?

anyway lets not out of topic ba. The older big FH units here are selling ard 1600++ psf, i suspect owners are calling for $1700 psf. Dont see much transcations. Perhaps quantum is huge.
    Definitely have to sell above 2200 psf... Gydebourne already 2150 psf when launched.... So if sell below that no face lah....plus new condo always at least 25% more than old condo so since nearby transacting 1600+ new one have to be 2200

Latest news... Dleedon launching another tower in Jul.....rumour they are timing it to be same as lesson residence

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    Latest news... Dleedon launching another tower in Jul.....rumour they are timing it to be same as lesson residence
    this one really going to launch in Jul ? look STI is doing like that, shouldn't they wait til Aug/Sept ? sentiment not very strong leh

Wild falcon, why u so bitter and sensitive? I noticed your post is very negative, bitter and especially bearish.... Missed the boat?
    no he's not bearish per se. he's very positive at Upper Bt Timah FEO projects. he's just extremely negative at CCR

.... not u, but ppl staying in CCR. or investing in CCR. he just hates them. for reasons he already mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    this one really going to launch in Jul ? look STI is doing like that, shouldn't they wait til Aug/Sept ? sentiment not very strong leh
    oei!. chinese ghost month coming leh

no he's not bearish per se. he's very positive at Upper Bt Timah FEO projects. he's just extremely negative at CCR

.... not u, but ppl staying in CCR. or investing in CCR. he just hates them. for reasons he already mentioned above.
    Don't mind who he hates or not, just hope that we all only post 1) opinions of our own, or 2) facts that are actual facts, not make-up ones
    I still believes that in a public forum all opinions and actual facts are welcomed, bearish or bullish
    But incorrect information, or fake facts, has no or negative value to all us here and is a waste of the Internet resources

any comments on guocoland projects and their finishes?

upper bukit timah? got FEO project? tennery is more like woodlands road....

Refresh my mind please.... Whynhe sombitter towards CCR?

D12 got alot

your fav D21 also alot 800 range one, D23 also have. All over the place man. Ulu location almost sure can find. Not hard to find, no need to update database also! too many liao!

Yes, I've turned rather bearish recently. Don't think anyone should catch the boat now. Not saying there is no upside, just its so little that its not worth it.

And I always have to clarify here that some of us are investors - and we do not look at the prestige of an investment. A good investment must have a good entry point and significant value for upside. A few of you (scroll up) are always talking about "prestige" or looking exclusively at certain districts - I think some are still looking for primary residence. That is the difference. As far as I am concerned, a $400psf investment that grows to $1000psf is a better investment than a $1500psf investment that grows to merely $1700psf. The entry point and IRR is of utmost importance, therefore the "base price" is important and must justify sigficant upside for me to enter.

And whatever some of you say, it still doesnt change the fact (yes, fact) that OCR did outperform CCR for the past 2 years?

BTW, I've sold a property in RCR which i have disclosed in this forum. How many of you disclose your investments and locality? I still have investments - one in a locality that has done very well (more than doubled in 2 years) and another again in RCR. I don't have investments in CCR mainly because i don't believe in the yields and upside potential anymore - at least not in today's prices. I've also said I don't believe in chasing new launches fetching an unreasonable premium to the resale in the vicinity. And I've been consistent in my views. As for now, I've said I won't buy ANYTHING, including OCR.

At least I have a view. Some of you don't have one - and spend more time making snide remarks about people staying in ulu kampung or flaming others with different (but possibly better) investment philosophies. As for which area gives you the greatest bragging rights or prestige, its not important in my investment decision. $2300psf in Leedon Residences? I would rather some of you take a view of what is the upside (if any) instead of suddely putting down people who buy a place "less than $800psf". If someone can buy a place at $400psf and sell at $900psf - I will salute him instead of looking down on him.

I always look at percentage cap gain.... Anywhere i will consider except geylang....jus me

As for those who r too rich, may not b interested in ocr... Imagine u got one lump sum of 10mil cash to invest at one time, dun make sense to buy 10-20 ocr condos rite? Hehe

That is the problem with people like you. If you think that this is the best time to buy CCR or Leedon Residences. Defend your view. PRC is coming and PRC don't rent out their properties and will not look at yields etc. blah blah. Say something about your "bullishness" - economy is good, rich PRC coming, some peope need to be 1km of good schools because no affiliation - these are the usual reasons i could think of. If you think someone is overly bearish, I would rather u spend more time explaining your bullishness in CCR or Leedon Residences today, instead of putting others down.

I would rather some of you take a view of what is the upside (if any) instead of suddely putting down people who buy a place "less than $800psf". If someone can buy a place at $400psf and sell at $900psf - I will salute him instead of looking down on him.

"Personally i see pple whom dont mind $2000 psf development n above pple "very up". Obviously $$$ is not a issue right. Cos they can stay $800 psf in some ulu location. " (ME)

"so what if someone stays in a condo below $800psf or a HDB flat? Some of these guys have much greater dignity and moral values than another person you see "very up" u know. "
    (YOU)

"If someone can buy a place at $400psf and sell at $900psf - I will salute him instead of looking down on him." (YOU)

"u judge a person by the psf of their house issit? Strange moral values - no need to worship money so much lah. (YOU comment on me)

For the record, u took the 800 ulu location personal. i merely say i see someone whom buy 2000+ psf to step on very capable cos they can stay 800 psf housing in ulu places. Only in ULU location one can get 800 psf prices. There is no linkage of ulu location to moral issues. You bring up moral values and dignity to tie to PSF. No comments on your so call investment values and you do not discriminate.

You respect pple based $$$ on the psf they make on their house? Strange moral values, u must be saluting yourself in front of the mirror everyday.

It's precisely coz OCR properties have outperform CCR in theblast two years, thatnwhy moving forward, CCR prices will go up so as to rever to historical price gap.... Tha is why I think CCR will go up...

Another reason wh I buy only ccr properties coz supply will always be limited while demand is worldwide....so I view it as lower risk and higher potential returns....

On the issue of seeing people very up....
    I a
    So agree with daytona hat if youncan stay at a 2000+!psf residence, you are somebody, coz the opportunity costs is high... A 1500sq ft CCR property at 2000+ psf can easily rent for 9000k per month...so don't you thinkmthe person deserve for us to see him very up? I also see those who drive a 1m car around... Amazing... Monthly depreciation and costs of running the Car easily 10k man...

Most people here are vested in some ways or another, so no surprise if views are vested as well.

Personally, I invest in OCR properties simply because the lines of demarcation between CCR, RCR and OCR are drawn by the government - they are not physical barriers (unlike JB and Woodlands separated by the sea) - and these lines have no meaning to the younger generation like myself.

We want the property to be well located near amenities and have good access to transport - and the government is doing its job by setting up suburban hubs to that purpose. The allure of 'CCR' is lost on me - which means if I buy a CCR property at high psf I will have trouble selling it to someone of my age group - unless I can find someone older who finds that tag exclusive.

So the talk about supply and demand...is not really meangingful to me. I am sitting on paper gains for all my properties but had I bought CCRs, not only would they be too compact, the rental yield would have sucked too much.

I think the government may do away with all the CCR, RCR and OCR naming in future - or likely to rezone them.

The key assumption is OCR stays where they are in terms of infrastructure, amenities etc to command the high premium and faster psf growth.

Nowadays, government is pumping in so much $ to OCR that the $ is inflating the prices there. There are very few major government projects (except in Marina Bay Financial District and the future MRT stations) in CCR. OCR starts from a lower base, the psf % gain will therefore be higher.

City centers do evolve. E.g. In Netherlands, Amsterdam used to the seat of government, then it was shifted to Den Haag. Rotterdam is the heart of the industry.

In Singapore, I believe we are at the transition phase. My guess is the administrative center will be around Istana, financial center will be in Marina Bay, industry center will be around Jurong East. The MRT links these places together to facilitate the workers movement. As long as you invest in houses around these centers, prices will continue to appreciate faster than in other regions.