Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Caribbean At Keppel Bay (D4, 99-year Leasehold, by Keppel Land)

Quote Originally Posted by august
    get resale likely can get cheaper than the 1.4k psf from developer

buy for investment? rental yield is a major concern
    for own stay own self happy can liao
    Resales is almost the same level as developer around $1400psf now and don't come with Furnitures and fresh painting.

I think the rental yield of 4% to 5% is very attractive compare to most of the project.

Quote Originally Posted by dormer
    I went to see Caribbean last weekends and the agent told me that there are some units already transacted between $1300psf to $1400psf last week. Most of owner are asking for $1400psf to $1600psf now.
    The price had gone up so fast from $1200psf to now owner asking $1600psf. Not sure about the upside from $1400psf onwards??? Getting too risky to jump into this project now. sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by flxcat
    The price had gone up so fast from $1200psf to now owner asking $1600psf. Not sure about the upside from $1400psf onwards??? Getting too risky to jump into this project now. sigh...
    Actually, the price has not moved much until developer started to sell their service apartment few weeks ago.

When back again last weekends, the developer price is now from $1400psf to $1500psf. I think in the next few weeks time, they will be able to achieve $1500 to $1600psf level.

I guess after Keppel has achieved their desire price level in Caribbean, they will relaunch Reflection before the Sentosa IR open next year.

Actually, the price has not moved much until developer started to sell their service apartment few weeks ago.

When back again last weekends, the developer price is now from $1400psf to $1500psf. I think in the next few weeks time, they will be able to achieve $1500 to $1600psf level.

I guess after Keppel has achieved their desire price level in Caribbean, they will relaunch Reflection before the Sentosa IR open next year.
    Thought price trending up is mainly on new launches, curious what is the magnet of Caribbean developer units that command the pricey tag of developer units? Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by flxcat
    Thought price trending up is mainly on new launches, curious what is the magnet of Caribbean developer units that command the pricey tag of developer units? Any ideas?
    Owners know that the developer is selling their units, so they raise their price as well. Therefore, developer price is almost the same as resales. It makes more sense to buy from developer becos they throw in furnitures, do up the place, 10 years membership, more choice units to choose, etc..

Owners know that the developer is selling their units, so they raise their price as well. Therefore, developer price is almost the same as resales. It makes more sense to buy from developer becos they throw in furnitures, do up the place, 10 years membership, more choice units to choose, etc..
    Then all the more it does not make sense.. why buy in this case when everyone is raising their prices unless rental yield is too high to resist

The developer will paint the polish the place so it is almost like new. They will also probably fix anything that you complain about for the first few months after purchase.

By setting a floor at $1400, it means the cheapest place at the Reflections will be over 20% more at $1,700.

I would take a place next to IR/Vivo/St James any day over one in Redhill or Tanam Merah for only a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by 8kenshin
    The developer will paint the polish the place so it is almost like new. They will also probably fix anything that you complain about for the first few months after purchase.

By setting a floor at $1400, it means the cheapest place at the Reflections will be over 20% more at $1,700.

I would take a place next to IR/Vivo/St James any day over one in Redhill or Tanam Merah for only a little more.
    At least sound more reasonable to buy from developer with the membership and doing up the apartment at $1300 psf. Those owner trying to sell at the price called by developer does not make sense without the perks thrown in by developer. Generally the developer units should be more prime and much better facing and probably higher rental yield Will buy from developer if I will to jump in, better value for money in comparison to owner selling IMHO.

Is Carribean coming to 10yrs old?
    So is it worth buying at $1300psf ?
    coz if you intend to sell it 5 yrs later.. would it be staying at $1300 or lower? Even if it's enbloc.. since it's keppel's land.. would it mean that the only developer able to enbloc it is keppel since keppel can refuse other developers any extension of the land tenure.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    coz if you intend to sell it 5 yrs later.. would it be staying at $1300 or lower? Even if it's enbloc.. since it's keppel's land.. would it mean that the only developer able to enbloc it is keppel since keppel can refuse other developers any extension of the land tenure.
    Probably around 8years old.

Currently the choice is limited in the vincinity of vivo city, either Caribbean or Reflections, both by Keppel. But Reflections is going to be much more expensive.

Comparing with some of the new launch prices, the location and the limited choices, $1300psf appears reasonable in this case.

The developer units are largely the rear most, undesirable stacks, which remained unsold after years of marketing it from 2000-2004. These units later then got converted to serviced apartments.

These units are now all facing Reflections and construction is expected to go on for another 2 years. There used to be a nice golf course view but now its all reflections construction non-stop.

I am not sure if it is indeed a good idea to buy from developer - at least those wioth direct/partial construction facing.

Does anyone knows what are the sellers and developers calling now?

Quote Originally Posted by DW
    The developer units are largely the rear most, undesirable stacks, which remained unsold after years of marketing it from 2000-2004. These units later then got converted to serviced apartments.

These units are now all facing Reflections and construction is expected to go on for another 2 years. There used to be a nice golf course view but now its all reflections construction non-stop.

I am not sure if it is indeed a good idea to buy from developer - at least those wioth direct/partial construction facing.

Quote Originally Posted by DW
    Does anyone knows what are the sellers and developers calling now?
    Developer is marketing mainly 2 and 3 rooms on block 42 and 44. Many 3 rooms available at $1310 to $1380 depending on floor and facing. 2 rooms is about $1350 average. But 2 rooms are limited only about 4 to 5 units only. One low floor facing small water channel is about
    $1400 psf

Resale asking prices are now $1450 for 2br...amazing rise of about 50% from the start of the year.

If this keeps up, its going to spill over to Reflections. As someone else aptly put it, that development could be like a cup of well microwaved water - all appears calm on the surface, but its actually ready to bubble over....

Sigh... such a conflict ...deep in my heart i feel singapore properties are clearly in a bubble.. but the market action have proven me otherwise as it seems more nad more buyers are only beginning to dip into the market.

Even some property bosses are dumbfounded by what is causing all these buying spree...

Now..the only thing that is undervalued relatively is the landed properties.

Sigh... such a conflict ...deep in my heart i feel singapore properties are clearly in a bubble.. but the market action have proven me otherwise as it seems more nad more buyers are only beginning to dip into the market.

Even some property bosses are dumbfounded by what is causing all these buying spree...

Now..the only thing that is undervalued relatively is the landed properties.
    Is it due to the fact that you are putting yourself against the market everyday. Is every Channel 5/8 news on bullish property news affecting you? If every positive news posted by Mr Funny troubling you and making you less happy? If you are, maybe you need to pull yourself away from the market/infomation a bit and enjoy your daily life.

I feel that its a bubble too, and the magnitude has went beyond my expectation, but when all views (low interest rate to stay low for a long time, economy surely will recover, supply of home is in short supply etc etc) are so perfectly align to one direction (i.e. mkt will head further up), its not hard to imagine what will happen when it all unwind.

Bro, have patience and enjoy life.......have a great week ahead.

thanks blackswan.. Nice name by the way..make famous by the subprime crisis..

Anyway..I am kept busy with the stock market.. but have a million in cash sitting in the bank.. need to find a home for it soon 'coz I am more or less fully invested in stock market..

Conflicting right.. I must pray that stock market go up up up.. but then it means properties will go up too and here I am saying properties are in a bubble..

thanks blackswan.. Nice name by the way..make famous by the subprime crisis..

Anyway..I am kept busy with the stock market.. but have a million in cash sitting in the bank.. need to find a home for it soon 'coz I am more or less fully invested in stock market..

Conflicting right.. I must pray that stock market go up up up.. but then it means properties will go up too and here I am saying properties are in a bubble..
    Its a good problem right?
    You are hedge!!! Up you happy, down you happy too!!!
    What better way to live???

Quote Originally Posted by 8kenshin
    Resale asking prices are now $1450 for 2br...amazing rise of about 50% from the start of the year.

If this keeps up, its going to spill over to Reflections. As someone else aptly put it, that development could be like a cup of well microwaved water - all appears calm on the surface, but its actually ready to bubble over....
    Afraid it has already spilled over to Reflections. Reflections starting px psf is $1950.

Somewhat developer is the winner in these 2 projects at Keppel Bay.
    The higher Caribbean px goes, the higher Reflections can achieve.
    The higher Reflections px goes, the cheaper Caribbean appears to be. And the cycle repeat itself to push the px higher

then u should wait..
    if pty mkt dips then u enter lor, if not at least ur stocks are in the money

must be patient

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast