Thread: Upper east coast question...??

Default Upper east coast question...??

wonder whats going to happen to that BIG piece of land OPPOSITE temasek SECONDARY school next to temasek primary....looks like the only piece of UNTOUCHEd land there for more than 20 years...99.99% will be housing...hmmm.....but would be nice if it turns out to be an Upper east coast mall integrated with the ERL Mrt....

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    wonder whats going to happen to that BIG piece of land OPPOSITE temasek SECONDARY school next to temasek primary....looks like the only piece of UNTOUCHEd land there for more than 20 years...99.99% will be housing...hmmm.....but would be nice if it turns out to be an Upper east coast mall integrated with the ERL Mrt....
    too many gd empty lands lying around future mrt lines...thomson line, erl

SG definitely got room to cater 6.5mil...10mil aso can la

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    too many gd empty lands lying around future mrt lines...thomson line, erl

SG definitely got room to cater 6.5mil...10mil aso can la
    10 mil !!!!! Dun want lah!!!!! I still want a corner with a little greenery, peace and quiet for my home le..... Dun give PAP such ideas le!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 5577
    10 mil !!!!! Dun want lah!!!!! I still want a corner with a little greenery, peace and quiet for my home le..... Dun give PAP such ideas le!!!!!
    sis, PAP gave me the idea...not the other way round hor

y they build so many MRT lines? build some mrt stations in the middle of nowhere and aso alot more located in very low population density area.....

surely they wana develop those areas surround the mrt stations rite? they even toking about increasing existing plot ratios for some places near to MRT.

slowly will hit 6.5mio den mabe 8mil and so on lor...it takes time la....slowly progress if not everybody not happy also....hehe

sis, PAP gave me the idea...not the other way round hor

y they build so many MRT lines? build some mrt stations in the middle of nowhere and aso alot more located in very low population density area.....

surely they wana develop those areas surround the mrt stations rite? they even toking about increasing existing plot ratios for some places near to MRT.

slowly will hit 6.5mio den mabe 8mil and so on lor...it takes time la....slowly progress if not everybody not happy also....hehe
    Hopefully by the time they reach 10 mil headcount, I'll be old and rich enuf to buy myself a little cosy and peaceful place by the water in Coney Island/ or whatever little island here.

whatever happened to that song they used to play before national day......this is my country this is my land we are singapore singaporeans...we will stand together with the LIONS roar..ha ha

ha now everyday worry bout cov/coe/dbss/hdb/ec/mrt...the list goes on and on.....

since we constantly boast of singapore being ' crime free' , peaceful

then tear down changi prison lah ...
    tear down all the army camps lah ...
    have also no use ... terrorists still can escape ....

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    Proud owner,

I dun think our Home Team ever say that Singapore is 'crime free' leh... low crime rates maybe.... but to be crime free in today's world is impossible lo....

Maybe if we go back to the olden times when Confucius is still alive and governing the little village/ county he was in charge of, then maybe still got chance lah.

Or best still, go back in time and ask Eve and Adam not to be taken in by the Serpent and eat the apple. then we will never become what we become today!

then tear down changi prison lah ...
    tear down all the army camps lah ...
    have also no use ... terrorists still can escape ....
    Low crime rates coz we got army, prison n strict laws mah.... Haha

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    Based on the 2008 Masterplan, the area seems to be just plans for residential only. At least for now.

On the EW line at Tanah Merah Stn beside Optima, there are plans for a residential commercial mix. With the new plans for Bedok central, I am not sure even that will materialise. So having a mall at Bedok South seems even more remote given the population density based on current situation.

There are also some building height restrictions there if I not wrong, so the buiding size/type may have constraints. But then again, north of Upper East Coast Road may not be affected.

ERL Bedok South station seems to be a strong possibilty, though I have not seen any soil testing done there yet. I suspect URA is reserving the the land for either EC or DBSS.

Low crime rates coz we got army, prison n strict laws mah.... Haha

i know lah ...

just trying to tell all that near army camp/prison also can buy lah ...

i know lah ...

Proud Owner,

Any idea which army camp is the one with landed residential properties in it huh? Any one knows???

Proud Owner,

Any idea which army camp is the one with landed residential properties in it huh? Any one knows???
    so many

so many

Really!!!!!! Like that very good leh... hahahahah..... got free security guard some more

Sorry huh, I no need to do NS... so very suah ku in this area.

double post

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Based on the 2008 Masterplan, the area seems to be just plans for residential only. At least for now.

On the EW line at Tanah Merah Stn beside Optima, there are plans for a residential commercial mix. With the new plans for Bedok central, I am not sure even that will materialise. So having a mall at Bedok South seems even more remote given the population density based on current situation.

There are also some building height restrictions there if I not wrong, so the buiding size/type may have constraints. But then again, north of Upper East Coast Road may not be affected.

ERL Bedok South station seems to be a strong possibilty, though I have not seen any soil testing done there yet. I suspect URA is reserving the the land for either EC or DBSS.
    The new master plan will be interesting. Can buy a not? Need to do my strategic planning oso

i know lah ...

They should build all army camp underground and off the mainland. Pointless to put fins or cover here and there. With 8 mil population, sure need more and bigger prison....build taller with sky garden, underground, or lease space from neighbours

It's even more complicated if it's a airport.

Proud Owner,

Seletar Camp still houses many rental landed properties I think mainly owned by URA. The area is heading for a boom with plans for redeveloping the backwater army camp into an aeronautical/aviation hub.

However, building height restrictions due to the vicinity of the Seletar airstrip will limit the kind of buildings that can be built there unless the airstrip is removed (a remote possibility).

Seletar camp was a very charming area in the 70's and 80's. The houses vacated by RAF servicemen were rented out. Some were those black and white type bungalow. There were no fencing between houses as the main gate of Seletar camp was guarded. Children would play in the streets and there was never any danger. The whole atmosphere was very laidback and relaxed.

i know lah ...

Look around queens town prison...