Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: If u were KBW what policy would you implement...

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    who will be the purchaser of these 26,000 flats?
    Other Singaporeans who are looking to upgrade from 3 room to 4 room, 5 room etc. Newly married couples, PRs. And those still waiting for pte pty prices to fall, hahaha...

Quote Originally Posted by Rysk
    But it seems like getting hotter & hotter.. esp recently FEO is getting more & more hungry for land, quite aggressive, every where also interested.. even send out flyers asking whether potential development wish to enbloc
    FEO is indeed cash rich and resourceful. They put in the personal touch to make you feel different. Even advertising for their project, other developer just send flier into your mailbox but FEO will send you envelope with your name, enclosing the advertisement flier. This needs extra manpower... Its really the brand that comes along with service!

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Other Singaporeans who are looking to upgrade from 3 room to 4 room, 5 room etc. Newly married couples, PRs. And those still waiting for pte pty prices to fall, hahaha...
    Unlikely property prices will fall significantly. There are definitely less success story about people who sell their homes high and wait till prices fall to grab again than those who miss the boat!

if i were him, i would increase income ceiling of hdb and ec,
    to control price of hdb, build more hdbs and launch them at cheap prices...

to control price of private properties, build more ec... and at good locations
    imagine u have one ec beside a meyer/amber road condo, will it bring down the prices? definitely, but of cos, it also reduces the govt coffers from the land sales..

so it all boils down to simple demand and supply. can govt control the housing prices, yes, but do they want to do it... maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by tangomarine

imagine u have one ec beside a meyer/amber road condo, will it bring down the prices? definitely, but of cos, it also reduces the govt coffers from the land sales..

so it all boils down to simple demand and supply. can govt control the housing prices, yes, but do they want to do it... maybe not.
    Meyer/Amber there all FH.

Can they build EC there?

Luckily u r not him...hahaha

His job is to reduce the rate of increase n at the same time not to cause a price correction

Build hdb and ec in orchard la....better still, build worker domitories, hdb rental flats in orchard...rich or poor aso can get a chance to stay in orchard mah....reduce rich poor discrimination mah....orchard condos sure crash to 1kpsf and other locations will drop together coz orchard goto be remain as the most expensive condo in sg rite! Whahahahaha

meyer, amber all FH?!? then how about tanjong rhu... most r 99 yrs..

i think we need to ask if the majority of singaporeans are looking forward toward a price correction, or a gradual increase... for those young ones who see their dream of having a their dream condo creeping away, surely a moderate price increase will not help them.. wat they need is a drastic price correctn... of cos, for those who owned private props now, they will be looking for a more gradual increase so that their values will increase along.

i think we need to ask if the majority of singaporeans are looking forward toward a price correction, or a gradual increase... for those young ones who see their dream of having a their dream condo creeping away, surely a moderate price increase will not help them.. wat they need is a drastic price correctn... of cos, for those who owned private props now, they will be looking for a more gradual increase so that their values will increase along.
    You talk about this kind of things in a forum full of existing owners/investors, you are bound to get whacked.. But if you mention this to a forum full of aspiring property owners-to-be, then everybody will clap hands.. No right no wrong, it's all about self-interest.. No policy can make everyone happy..

U still wana buy if sg govt happy happy implement drastic measure to crash the ppty market anytime they want?

After u bot ur ppty, u aso want ur ppty px to go up wat.....

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

How about you tell us how many already own properties vs those waiting to buy Then we will know?

Public anxious about Minister Khaw’s next steps: poll

By i_property | Property Blog – Fri, Jul 8, 2011

Public pins dreams of property ownership on new Minister for National Development. (iProperty.com)

What would you like Khaw Boon Wan's first act as the new Minister for National Development to be?

iProperty.com.sg's recent Quick Poll in June revealed that the market is anxious and hopeful that the new Minister for National Development, Minister Khaw Boon Wan, will help them fulfill dreams of owning an affordable property in Singapore.

Key findings from the survey revealed that:
    1. Most survey respondents (49.8 percent) hope the Ministry will embark on a building spree to flood the market with affordable housing, thereby slowing the rise in property prices even if this means dampening asset enhancement for current homeowners.
    2. A large percentage (39.7 percent) of survey respondents wish the Ministry will introduce means testing to determine the amount of subsidy potential home buyers can receive. This way, lower-income families will be more likely to afford housing.
    3. A small handful (10.5 percent) of those surveyed is supportive of additional government-initiated policies that will further increase the value of properties to ensure homeowners' current assets will be enhanced.
    A total of 315 respondents comprising mostly Singaporeans, permanent residents (PRs) and expatriates took part in this online survey from 24 May to 27 June 2011.

Demand for residential housing remains high despite Minister Khaw's promise to build a record 25,000 new flats this year and continue a heightened building pace for next year, which could result in the release of 50,000 new HDB flats in just two years.

However, with Minister Khaw still yet to unveil his master plan to quell the local red-hot demand for housing property, Shaun Di Gregorio, chief executive officer of the iProperty.com Group, expects more anxiety to build-up until a new plan is announced.

"The current set of cooling measures so far had some impact on the local housing property market, but the measures are not entirely taking effect. With home prices at an all-time-high at the moment, we can see that many home buyers are just focused on being able to find affordable homes, and this will remain a key concern for them until the Housing Development Board (HDB) makes up for the shortfall in the supply of affordable public housing for this group of buyers in the coming years," he said.

He added, "The recent news announced over the weekend that the average cash over valuation (COV) paid by home buyers in the April to June period had jumped 50 percent over the last quarter is yet another sign that the last round of cooling measures and Minister Khaw's recent blog comments had only dampened the supply while demand remains high and there are buyers who would continue to pay top dollar for HDB homes in popular mature estates."

They logical way to go is for govt to sustain price appreciation at a slower rate and at the same time provide help for these condo aspiring couples achieve their dream through very well thought policies and aids via public housing price appreciation too.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Yes....feo aso advertise on the papers looking for enbloc. But so far feo only bot freehold enbloc rite? They take this opportuntune time to buy freehold land to keep....99lh land cheaper n faster to buy from govt

Tat tulip garden y feo not keen? Hmmm
    ya i saw the ad i call feo ask them come buy my elias green enbloc they told me wait long long....

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    ya i saw the ad i call feo ask them come buy my elias green enbloc they told me wait long long....
    R u serious? U really call them ar?

They r vy selective, i noe got old row of townhse trying to get them enbloc but aso told to wait longx10 lol