Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Arc @ Tampines (Executive Condo)

Very far from anyway else. I would rather pay more to get the condo beside Seng Kang MRT. MSCP somemore....

Looks like the showflat is all set for launch soon, the visitor carpark (pretty small i think), balloon, posters, boards are all up.

My friend told me the pricing for this EC is almost the same as the DBSS. He say lucky didn't buy the DBSS.

Both location birds don't lay egg so there is no advantage of one over the other. But for the same price, those who bought DBSS must feel like stabbing themselves now. Government already tell them but too bad, they didn't heed the advice. They deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    My friend told me the pricing for this EC is almost the same as the DBSS. He say lucky didn't buy the DBSS.

Both location birds don't lay egg so there is no advantage of one over the other. But for the same price, those who bought DBSS must feel like stabbing themselves now. Government already tell them but too bad, they didn't heed the advice. They deserve it.
    The DBSS is in tamp central, will be near to the future Tamp Central station downtown east line. The 3 shopping centres and future sports hub are nearby too.

But this EC is situated on the edge of tamp with no MRT station and somemore next to a petrol station.

So how can there be no difference in location?

Pricing wise, the indicative for this EC also relatively more exp (eg 2 bedder 600k). Things should be pretty fair?

Launched already?

Quote Originally Posted by linchong84
    The DBSS is in tamp central, will be near to the future Tamp Central station downtown east line. The 3 shopping centres and future sports hub are nearby too.

But this EC is situated on the edge of tamp with no MRT station and somemore next to a petrol station.

Pricing wise, the indicative for this EC also relatively more exp (eg 2 bedder 600k). Things should be pretty fair?

Launched already?
    Launched yesterday.
    Planning to have a look at the showroom this weekend.

Launched already?
    tot I saw in the news its launch at avg $760 /psf, and for this one the cap will be $12k income... no wonder they dare to launch at this avg price and the higher could be around $800+ /psf. This will 'attrack' those higher income group and they can afford. The Irony is still those who bot DBSS (agree location have some different), but its still HDB will no facilities... good luck, and I think i may go check out although I'm not qualify to buy one ...

Well, to me the DBSS is not within walking distance so it doesn't matter. You still need to take a bus to transfer.

The price is close. Maybe 30k difference but you have the grant.

The difference will come 5 years later.

Launched already?

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Well, to me the DBSS is not within walking distance so it doesn't matter. You still need to take a bus to transfer.

The price is close. Maybe 30k difference but you have the grant.

The difference will come 5 years later.
    It's not within walking distance to the current Tampines E-W line MRT station. But the future Tampines downtown line main station will be 300-400m from it. So, it is actually walking distance ha..

Initially when the DBSS indicative was up to 880k, it was indeed 750psf, but thereafter, SL cut it down to 780k, so the psf also reduced significantly to around 700psf or lesser for the priciest unit. So the difference between the EC and DBSS price is still quite a lot. Although EC enjoy 30k grant, but DBSS also enjoy 30k grant. If they stay near parents, they will get another 10k grant which is something that EC don't enjoy. On top of that, they only need to pay 10% downpayment if they are taking HDB loan for the DBSS, but EC needs 20% downpayment..

I'm not trying to sell the DBSS, i think it sucks too.. But the EC's deal isn't that sweet as what was generally portrayed when u look into details..

If not wrong ARC to Tampines West MRT is about 1.1km.

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    If not wrong ARC to Tampines West MRT is about 1.1km.
    Still near for some..

Heard this ec is within 1 km to st hildas. Beside 1-2 blk in tropica, i don't think there is other condo within the 1km..

Is this going to be the highest priced EC?

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Is this going to be the highest priced EC?
    pending the upcoming sim lian ec

List price before grant right? After grant 750k? Where to find?

http://www.thetampinesarc.com/

The cabana units comes with 1 car lot... Looks interesting....
    Oversubscribed... Looks like going to be fully booked... A sign that raised income ceiling has shifted the demand for mass market condo to mass market EC... Oh no.... EC plus higher income ceiling plus SSD plus more BTOs.... Oh no....

Recession how? Oh no....

Oversubscribed... Looks like going to be fully booked... A sign that raised income ceiling has shifted the demand for mass market condo to mass market EC... Oh no.... EC plus higher income ceiling plus SSD plus more BTOs.... Oh no....

Recession how? Oh no....
    Have you bought any property already or still waiting for a correction?

the oversubscribed is a very common situation and it doesn't mean good takeup.. I feel the pricing is a little too high for the kind of location.. Somemore beside petrol station..

Basically the e-app is foc and has no negative implications..

Are you sure. I checked the map 1km of St Hildas and looks like only blocks near the HDB side may be within 1km. Others should be outside 1km. Same case like Tropica.

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    Heard this ec is within 1 km to st hildas. Beside 1-2 blk in tropica, i don't think there is other condo within the 1km..

Read somewhere that Arc is not within 1km of st hilda.

For tropica, only 2 blks are within 1km, 53 and 55 if i'm not wrong.

the oversubscribed is a very common situation and it doesn't mean good takeup.. I feel the pricing is a little too high for the kind of location.. Somemore beside petrol station..

Basically the e-app is foc and has no negative implications..
    It is a proxy for the general ground sentiment. The fact that the property location is not very good lends greater credibility to the number.

Bro, you are almost there. For Tropica, its blks 51,53 and 55 within 1km. All others outside 1km.

Read somewhere that Arc is not within 1km of st hilda.

For tropica, only 2 blks are within 1km, 53 and 55 if i'm not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Have you bought any property already or still waiting for a correction?
    Waiting for correction.

Waiting for correction.
    Hmmm... with the current situation do you think a recession or down-side is likely to happen. On the other hand pty prices seems not falling (for now) and is inching up just bit by bit slowly. When will pty prices correction happen? 1 yr, 2yrs, 3yrs or 5 yrs... and correct to what level is also the puzzle.

sure will correct, only question is when, by how much, and whether people dare to act or not.

Quote Originally Posted by august
    sure will correct, only question is when, by how much, and whether people dare to act or not.
    Bingo!!!!!

Default Prices for Arc at Tampines expected to range from S$600k to S$1.32m

Prices for Arc at Tampines expected to range from S$600k to S$1.32m
    By Lip Kwok Wai / Wayne Chan | Posted: 07 September 2011 2249 hrs

SINGAPORE: Housing agents said prices for the first executive condominium launched after the income ceiling was raised for households, range from just under S$600,000 to S$1.32 million.

Agents said that two-bedroom units, for Arc at Tampines, located at Tampines Avenue 8, are going for between S$741 and S$875 per square foot while the price for three-bedroom units ranges from S$693 to S$810 per square foot.

Four-bedroom units are priced between S$674 and S$764 per square foot, with penthouses going for S$529 to S$635 per square foot.

The development is twice oversubscribed despite it being one of the most expensive ECs when it was launched in October last year. Balloting for the units begins on Thursday.

Analysts said that the prices are similar to Esparina Residences launched last year in Sengkang, and could form the benchmark for the prices of three future ECs to be launched in Choa Chu Kang, Tampines and Punggol.

"I think amongst the eight EC projects that have been launched since October of last year, the prices of this project is probably at the higher end, compared to the other seven projects," said Ong Teck Hui, Executive Director of Credo Real Estate.

With the raising of the income ceiling, analysts feel that about 2,000 to 3,000 potential buyers could enter the market but the increasingly smaller units could dampen the interest of HDB upgraders.

-CNA/ac
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Huat Ah !!!

Default In BT today

A Hoi Hup led-consortium sold 220 units at its Arc at Tampines executive condo (EC) project yesterday. The 574-unit project along Tampines Avenue 8 is priced at $722 per square foot on average.

In absolute quantum, prices start from $598,000 for a two-bedroom unit of 807 sq ft on the second floor. Three bedders (958-1,152 sq ft) are priced at $678,300-$892,700.

DBSS flat prices close to those of ECs

http://business.asiaone.com/Business...08-309239.html

DBSS is same status as EC mah....

Quote Originally Posted by westin
    DBSS is same status as EC mah....
    eh? the latter has a fence, unlike the former when any ah mao or ah gou can walk in and out