Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: City Square Residences (D8, Freehold, by CDL)

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    For a Geylang OKT, SGD 1 million is a millionaire lah. He does not need much to be satisfied. Simple brains will need minimum $$$ to be happy.
    When you next come to Geylang, I will ask the fat Indonesian chickens at Lor 16 to service you, ok? Soothe your battered ego

I heard units are being taken up very fast despite the lack of tenants.

Your friend must be a lousy agent
    You are talking crap, and way out of your league here

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    Correct me if I am wrong. Launch price was around 600psf to 650psf rite?
    wrong it was 550 plus during the time of Sars - some units even lower
    at 500psf

I forget... when was CSR launched? 2003 or 2005?

Hayata = You are the most chilidsh forumer at Skyscraper. One without much grey matter and only thrives by carrying other's balls. The clowns in Skyscrapercity are BB, Shctaw yourself & of course Veru whose balls all of you like to carry.

How do you know how many units I own and if I am in financial difficulty. If you had ESP & smart you would have been a billionaire by now and need not resort to carrying balls.

Go and get a life Hayata. Stand on your feet, be a man and there is no need to carry balls.
    Wow, the way you talk shows how educated you are... Good for you and don't worry. You can always rent out all your other units cheaply and live in your CSR unit since you like the location so much.

Good luck in this Ox market. You really will need it.

Hi all... not wanting to attract any flames, personally i do think this project is undervalued thereotically, based on location, tenure, etc. But all this of cos is on paper...

Is this TOP-ed already? Can any owner objective state the pros and cons they feel abt this project? After reading through the thread i do have concerns about the crowd (900+ units). Not sure whether the residents in that area will post a concern, will go down to the site this weekend to have a feel...

In the meantime, hope i can revive this thread, and sincerely appreciate objective comments on the project itself. Cheers!

what is the current price psf btw?

recent transacted (from URA) shows 650-850psf... if can get at the lower end of this range sounds good?

ok it's about $800psf now. $650 is a fair price. i am not an owner, but was previously considering this for rental income, so i did do a little research

conceptually on paper, i think the integrated retail/residential and the huge park/facilities area is good. but that's on paper.

traffic is a mess. illegal parking everywhere, many many trucks and vans loading and unloading stuff at the shophouses and shops opposite. on weekends, there are quite a bit of india indians around the area. thus commercial areas will be invariably catering to them as well - an extension of mustafa if you like. i feel insecure in this development. the gates seem more to keep me in, than others out.

i am not racist, but i do not pretend that when it comes to my living, family and personal space, i will want to live in a locality more like myself, or at least more cosmopolitan, and not be a minority in the locality. going to mustafa and little india to indulge in its food and quaintness on weekends is one thing, living there 24/7 is another. it's like an indian national living right smack in chinatown. i am not a saint, and will not fall for the govt's national integration % ratio diatribe - i'll leave that to the politicians

my home is my castle, not my prison

Thanks... i do get your point...

Was thinking whether the crowdiness would work in the buyer's favour, ie. given 900+ units there I was thinking that would form quite a significant population in that area as well (prob not enough to overwhelm the foreign workers though). If we stick to the original assumption that majority buyers are chinese, would that translate into positive sentiments?