Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Equity Loan

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    Any penalty for breaking within 3years and after 3 years?

For BUC mortgage, if you take 3 years fixed and the condo TOP in 1 year, is the mortgage rates revised or stays the same?

cancellation should be 1.5% of undisbursed amount. so banker usu advise to pay at top, and retain small amount till full 3 years if lockin (else got to clawback for lawyer of 2.5k and valuation of ~500)

mortgage rate starts from your 1st disbursement. fixed will be fixed, unless take the variable (depending on board rate) or sor / sibor (depending on rates then).

Quote Originally Posted by lifeline
    cancellation should be 1.5% of undisbursed amount. so banker usu advise to pay at top, and retain small amount till full 3 years if lockin (else got to clawback for lawyer of 2.5k and valuation of ~500)

mortgage rate starts from your 1st disbursement. fixed will be fixed, unless take the variable (depending on board rate) or sor / sibor (depending on rates then).
    Exactly, this is what i got from OCBC.
    But they said if within the first 3 years, if repay less than half of loan, then no penalty.
    After 3 years, can repay full loan without penalty.

The loan amount will not be fully disbursed until a year after TOP or when CSC is received, which ever earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeline

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Exactly, this is what i got from OCBC.
    But they said if within the first 3 years, if repay less than half of loan, then no penalty.
    After 3 years, can repay full loan without penalty.
    yes. same terms & conditions, except my rates are slightly better, cos 2 loans and past dealings. after 3 years, is already out of lockin period, so can refinance, unless you change plan during 1 time free conversion at top.

Can i check if it's possible to take an equity loan on HDB flats? or is it only for private properties?

thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by dowz
    Can i check if it's possible to take an equity loan on HDB flats? or is it only for private properties?

thanks in advance
    Hdb cannot...only for pte ppty