Thread: Kitchen Yard vs Bomb Shelter vs Balcony

Default Kitchen Yard vs Bomb Shelter vs Balcony

Personally I feel having a kitchen yard is not ideal as it is usually tugged in the middle of kitchen and bomb shelter, and non functional. Would prefer a balcony over kitchen yard.

Bomb shelter is functional if the size of the condo unit is large making it functional as a store room. Other than that, bomb shelter has no function and is a waste of space.

Some condos have large aircon ledge as large as a balcony size. Obviously aircon ledge is useless in terms of function other than to store all those aircon fan coil units. An aircon ledge as small as possible is the best option. Some condo aircon ledge occupies 10% of the total layout space.

A big balcony is functional if it is facing a park or the sea. But balcony without any facing is another useless junk.

Recently, we saw extraordinary high psf prices for units that come with large balcony, roof terraces, or penthouses despite the fact that these layouts have large open non-living spaces. Penthouses at Aalto are marketing and sold at $2300-$3000psf, Amber Residences penthouses are selling at $1850-2100psf. In condos like The Caribbean at Keppel Bay, its ground floor 4 bedrooms with large PES area was recently transacted at $1710psf, the highest psf so far whereas normal units transacted at $1400-1550psf only.

And in new developments, developers are pricing up their penthouses at $300-500psf more than its normal units. Ground floor units on the other hand are always priced at a discount from normal units.

What's your point? Buy which one?

I prefer the stairs as the bomb shelter of the building. At least if really kena bombed, u go hide in the shelter, still can escape downstairs.

A normal store room in the house will do, no need that stupid door.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    And in new developments, developers are pricing up their penthouses at $300-500psf more than its normal units. Ground floor units on the other hand are always priced at a discount from normal units.
    U sure or not? cannot be, if this is so who would want to buy penthouse at higher psf?

Bomb shelter on 20th floor - what's the point?
    Even if your bomb shelter somehow survives how do you get down when the rest of the buildings gone?

I wonder which genius thought of this..... Wonder if they were in the business of selling bomb shelters

I don't know what is a yard anymore.
    nowadays they just print the word "yard" on the floor plan but cannot tell where is it.

Agreed. I dry my laundry at the balcony at daytime.
    Balcony not facing a wall, so chill out at nite w spouse at balcony.
    Bomb shelter is my store rm, v useful. No need really for yard.
    Aircon ledge size ok to fit Aircon..
    No planter box, i feel a decent balcony is better than planter box all around.
    Bay window is also useless, need some id or effort to make it useful...

Reasonably-sized balcony is fine, but planters and bay windows are really crap.. Yard is not needed if there is a WC.. Just tear down the toilet bowl and convert it into a yard by putting washing machine / dryer inside.. bomb shelter is fine as having a storeroom is a good idea to keep all the bulky, unpleasant looking stuff..