Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Will singapoe propert mkt EVER crash...

Default Will singapoe propert mkt EVER crash...

your guess as good as mine....

what do you mean by crash?

If crash means price correction of >20%, then highly unlikely. Price correction will probably be <10% at the very worse! Currently still no correction so who knows, maybe no correction at all. Things might be clearer in the next couple of weeks!

As long as there is a demand and the supply is low, there will not be a crash, especially for FH landed. For 99LH, I can't say the same. The big developers just hold back on their launches and relaunch again later. There will be subsales from people who cannot tahan and let go. But I think most Singaporeans are a prudent lot and will invest within their means,especially with the Govt's recent implementation of the graded SSD. So even if there a recession, this group of people will still be able to hold onto their property.

If no big crisis, it might go up for much longer... Look at Aussie market.... How long has the property there been going up?

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    As long as there is a demand and the supply is low, there will not be a crash, especially for FH landed. For 99LH, I can't say the same. The big developers just hold back on their launches and relaunch again later. There will be subsales from people who cannot tahan and let go. But I think most Singaporeans are a prudent lot and will invest within their means,especially with the Govt's recent implementation of the graded SSD. So even if there a recession, this group of people will still be able to hold onto their property.
    I beg to differ.

I don't think Singaporeans are a prudent lot, otherwise the CMs are unnecessary. Most are afraid to lose out, Kiasu mentality. They beg, borrow and steal to the hilt just to put a foot in the property boat, pushing prices up and up.

Paying >$1000psf in OCR to me is ridiculous but it seems to have become the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Not prudent at all le. Known of few paid only 10% downpayment for 90% loan in earlier days for a 700k condo. I say looking at their position and income, kinda over-stretch.

If you believe economy, including property goes in a cycle then u should know the answer. If u already purchased prudently then dont worry too much. Nobody can give you a definite answer. Otherwise all "huat" liao.

What is the generally accepted loan to income ratio to be considered "prudent" ?

Unless theres another major economic crisis, i cant see any major price correction... slowing the price increase is good enough

Crash coming

Quote Originally Posted by Jadey
    what do you mean by crash?
    d17/18 3bedroom 1200sqft 600k

bayshore 2 bedroom 900sqft 600k

...THINK early 2009 u know what i mean...

Wonder how many of u based your buying or selling decision on what you read on the forum? Do your homework and check your financial....up or down, u and only u is accountable.....good luck...

Crash will come when paper money rise in value..... Means tat us start burning tons and tons of money

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    What is the generally accepted loan to income ratio to be considered "prudent" ?

What's prudent, is you have atleast 1 year of buffer to pay your mortgage and expenses in case of Layoff/underEmployment..

Some of them people have 10K job, with 1M mortgage.... but if the economy slows down, they might be laid off or find themselves underemployed with 5K job.. what about those people? Do they have enough buffer?
    I believe what would determine if property would crash or not..

Sometime its pays to be on the side of caution..

BTW singapore unemployment is rising..
    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...143753/1/.html

Looking like we are back to 2008 EOY :-(((
    start of another downturn...

Hopefully US and EU will do something better..else many like me will be having a pink slip in couple of months time...

Whether the market price of ur unit will crash or not is like a lady waiting to get married. Young and many suitors will push up the price. When they are no takers, price will then be reduced.

As to extrapolate it to the market, u must see how many unmatched ladies waiting to get hitched. Wahahaha... Beware the prostitutes or fake ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Whether the market price of ur unit will crash or not is like a lady waiting to get married. Young and many suitors will push up the price. When they are no takers, price will then be reduced.

As to extrapolate it to the market, u must see how many unmatched ladies waiting to get hitched. Wahahaha... Beware the prostitutes or fake ladies.
    The lady may be happy to remain single then marry to a dirty old man

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Paying >$1000psf in OCR to me is ridiculous but it seems to have become the norm.
    I agree.

To TS, u must be very young.... For any one who had seen 1997, he will not have asked this question.
    Btw back then OCR were doing abt 1k psf too.

OCR just cross 1000psf then. now they're setting 1200-1300psf.

anyway, eventually, the property market will correct, but nobody will know precisely when and by how much.

Default Property crash soon due to over supply in 2010,11,,,

Developers are trying to off-load their units now. Tomorrow is the start of 7th month.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    I agree.

To TS, u must be very young.... For any one who had seen 1997, he will not have asked this question.
    Btw back then OCR were doing abt 1k psf too.
    hmm excuse i am in mid 40's was around in 1997 i know what happened but back then my collegues were all SINGAPOREANS...now the whole landscape of this country has changed WE are surrounded by FOREIGNERS who are well to do and eager to gain a foothold in this country at ANY cost.... ...yup and back then chicken rice cost $2...now its $3.5 or $4... ...

Buy properties and hold long-term for rental to have good passive income for retirement.

Depend on where u are, if u are in CONUS Tucson and buy at the peak then you are in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon
    Depend on where u are, if u are in CONUS Tucson and buy at the peak then you are in trouble.

Dont mind show an "understandable chart" I got migraine looking at it

The chart show selling price of houses in USA, zip code 85737.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/11...-list-address}
    Last edited by Arcachon; 30-07-11 at 17:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon
    The chart show selling price of houses in USA, zip code 85737.
    But for sgp, the peak is not at 2007/8 leh....

How many yrs difference bet US then follow by sgp?

actually the reason why i asked this question is because recently a lot of my neighbours have been selling their units and these are people who swore that they will never sell can retire here...

a lot have them have made good gains some even 100%...but the sad part is most have NO direction and dont know what they going to do...most say they will rent/buy hdb apts...so hdb price go up

most believe mkt going to crash so all jumping ship but i believe that all these people sell they will wait on sidelines with a lot of money so any dip in property mkt they will start to go in and prices will move up again...

so i guess for the moment while waiting for crash only thing to do is talk kok sing song in forum...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    actually the reason why i asked this question is because recently a lot of my neighbours have been selling their units and these are people who swore that they will never sell can retire here...

a lot have them have made good gains some even 100%...but the sad part is most have NO direction and dont know what they going to do...most say they will rent/buy hdb apts...so hdb price go up

most believe mkt going to crash so all jumping ship but i believe that all these people sell they will wait on sidelines with a lot of money so any dip in property mkt they will start to go in and prices will move up again...

so i guess for the moment while waiting for crash only thing to do is talk kok sing song in forum...

1. What is Money?
    2. What are the factor which will cause the PR to go back?
    3. Is there cheaper way to Build Singapore?
    4. Where is Singapore heading towards?
    5. What can you do with the money after selling?