Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: MeyeRise

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    Not only that. If you observe when driving around Meyer area, you will see some signs saying "Private roads". When I asked my agent, he said the roads and all the houses along the road are owned by a well known Indian family group in Singapore.
    i did a u-turn at the private road last friday

Do you mean they the road is part of the compound?
    Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    i did a u-turn at the private road last friday

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Do you mean they the road is part of the compound?

private road is leading out of a property. I think there is a sign and barrier to discourage pple from illegal parking or turning into the private road. Since its private road, it should belong to that compound ba

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    private road is leading out of a property. I think there is a sign and barrier to discourage pple from illegal parking or turning into the private road. Since its private road, it should belong to that compound ba
    I think illegal signpost then. If it's private road and belong to that compound.. they would have just erected an auto-gate in front of the road.

Not only that. If you observe when driving around Meyer area, you will see some signs saying "Private roads". When I asked my agent, he said the roads and all the houses along the road are owned by a well known Indian family group in Singapore.
    The Royal brothers group family lives at Broadrick road (meyer side). is this the family ?

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    The Royal brothers group family lives at Broadrick road (meyer side). is this the family ?
    Starts with a "T"......

Four letters word?
    Starts with a "T"......

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Four letters word?
    Thakral? Which lane?

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    Thakral? Which lane?

Go for a jog around the park near Makena......

before i bot wb, i also drove around there. Very nice neighbour with lambo and ferrari parking there. There is a Chung cheng school that has nice garden in it

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    before i bot wb, i also drove around there. Very nice neighbour with lambo and ferrari parking there. There is a Chung cheng school that has nice garden in it
    Er, thought Chung Cheung is on the other side of mountbatten road, not the meyer side?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503
    Er, thought Chung Cheung is on the other side of mountbatten road, not the meyer side?
    chung cheng is deep inside goodman road.....

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    chung cheng is deep inside goodman road.....
    that place got many GCB...very near to meyer

that place got many GCB...very near to meyer
    Not GCB, just your regular detached....

Quote Originally Posted by sh

Hmm. Muz go meyer to see wat is gcb

meyer also no gcb, gcb has to be in a designated gcb area.

Those are not gcb nor the regular detached... The bungalows are too huge to be called regular.

Its just my personal opinion. There are good and bad points for both condos as well as landed which is why I am vested in both. Don't mean to start another long-winded "landed vs condo discussion". For landed , its rarely about the view.The play is on location, exclusivity and most important of all, scarcity since new supply is virtually non-existent.

For this development, you can gamble on all the factors that you mentioned but wouldn't be it be a better bet placing your money on cheaper options like the whole stretch of condos lining Meyer road. That's where it differs. Scarcity and exclusivity doesn't really come into play. You have cheaper options ranging from belvedere to seafront at meyer to older options like Atria and Sovereign. Lots of alternative supply. All these have sea/flyer/IR view, possibility of MRT and proximity to disneyland plot. In terms of supply, many of the older apts along Meyer (Hawaii/Peach) could en-bloc which may result in a whole lot more supply of competing developments coming on-stream.

As I mentioned, its just my personal preference. For a investment of >$4m, would rather place it on a landed in view of its scarcity.
    Landed is no value for money if its a terrace or semi detached. Unless its bungalow house. I had bad experience staying in landed, in my case a terrace house as I had a bad neighbor. And once u have this problem, the problem wont go away as you be facing your immediate neighbor day in day out. And u sharing the same walls (intermediate terrace/semi d).

Condos are still better choice in addition to the wide range of facilities offered like swimming pool, gym etc...Not everyone like to stay in landed where u have to constantly face the challenge of maintaining your gardens, pest control, and on top of that a bad neighbor, roofing problem etc etc the list goes on and on.

And on top of that, foreigners are barred from buying landed making this investment not a good investment as the foreigners are the ones that have lots of cash to spare.

I am fortunate to have good neighbours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn
    Landed is no value for money if its a terrace or semi detached. Unless its bungalow house. I had bad experience staying in landed, in my case a terrace house as I had a bad neighbor. And once u have this problem, the problem wont go away as you be facing your immediate neighbor day in day out. And u sharing the same walls (intermediate terrace/semi d).

Condos are still better choice in addition to the wide range of facilities offered like swimming pool, gym etc...Not everyone like to stay in landed where u have to constantly face the challenge of maintaining your gardens, pest control, and on top of that a bad neighbor, roofing problem etc etc the list goes on and on.

And on top of that, foreigners are barred from buying landed making this investment not a good investment as the foreigners are the ones that have lots of cash to spare.

Bad neighbours are bad for any type of property. It depends on your luck.

I would think the higher the housing density, the probability of a bad neighbour is higher. In addtion the problem is worse as higher density also translates to reduced proximity to the bad neighbour/s

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn

Surprise! No?
    http://sbr.com.sg/residential-proper...bbed-launching

70% of Meyerise’s 120 units grabbed at launching

Of the units sold, nearly half consisted of 3-bedroom units.

The Meyerise, a high-end freehold development by Hong Leong Holdings, saw strong interest in its preview weekend with some 70 per cent of 120 units released snapped up.

Of the units sold, nearly half consisted of 3-bedroom units. Unit prices ranged from $1,400 to $2,540 psf. Singaporeans and Permanent Residents made up over 90 per cent of buyers in the preview weekend.

“Location proved to be a strong deciding factor for buyers of The Meyerise, particularly since about 50 per cent of buyers already live in District 15,” noted Ms Betsy Chng, Head of Sales and Marketing for Hong Leong Holdings. “Coupled with the fact that new freehold projects are becoming a rarity, many buyers felt that this was a good deal.”

The 239-unit Meyerise is located minutes away Parkway Parade, Katong Shopping Centre and 112 Katong, as well as well-known heritage neighbourhoods Joo Chiat and Katong. Amenities such as grocery and retail shopping, banks, eateries are also within easy reach of the development. The central business district is easily accessible via East Coast Expressway and Nicoll Highway which are just a mere 5-minute drive away. For family entertainment, Playground @ Big Splash and East Coast Park are choice options. Premier schools include Chung Cheng High School, Tanjong Katong Primary School, Tao Nan Primary School, Dunman High School, Victoria School and Victoria Junior College.

Tags: Hong Leong Holdings, Meyerise

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    No interest on this project?

I tink roughly abt 30%sold so far.

3/4bdr quite decent size and high end fittings.

High flr seaview 4bdrs r selling fast....

Cant really draw any conclusion bcoz i noticed buyers go for either premium sea facing units or low flr cheapest units....

Low flr 3bdr from 14xxpsf and high flr sea facing 4bdr going for abt 2400psf

Per flr difference quite huge abt 20-70k diff

Doesnt look like we r having a economic turmoil....lol
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

I drove to MeyeRise and wanted to go in and kaypor. But so many ERA agents and not a customer in sight. A tip to all agents at show flats: do not stand in front of the main entrance. This will intimidate everyone. By the way, I was not the only one who drove away without entering the show flat. What a pity.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

the bay windows are too many and too big..
    living and dinning rooms are too small

ppl have that type of money will love to have bigger living and dinning space....

They will be using the bay window as their table and get a glimpse of the view outside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    the bay windows are too many and too big..
    living and dinning rooms are too small

ppl have that type of money will love to have bigger living and dinning space....

Are you from CBRE? Can see that it is really updated information (18 minutes ago).

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    I drove to MeyeRise and wanted to go in and kaypor. But so many ERA agents and not a customer in sight. A tip to all agents at show flats: do not stand in front of the main entrance. This will intimidate everyone. By the way, I was not the only one who drove away without entering the show flat. What a pity.
    I think the same too... Just wait for a couple of weeks more loh... I'm sure it will be lesser... Less crowded too if just want to look-look see-see...

good update.

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Boy

wow! penthouse $20m at 3643psf