Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rental asking

Default Rental asking

Any of your tenant started to ask for discount ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    ur tenant asking for discount?

Are rentals coming down?
    Anyway contract already sign, can ask for discount meh?

of course tenant ask for discount during recent renewal...my reply is to go by market price...
    so end up is higher... coz market price really higher...

That's what I thought. Rental is now higher than 2 years ago right? My existing tenancy is expiring, but I'm not sure how much more to ask for...

Any advise?

Quote Originally Posted by sh
    That's what I thought. Rental is now higher than 2 years ago right? My existing tenancy is expiring, but I'm not sure how much more to ask for...

Any advise?
    can increase based on last quarter URA rental psf for your condo ?

Quote Originally Posted by taggy
    can increase based on last quarter URA rental psf for your condo ?
    Small development, not in the listed properties. Can use the index though.

mine going to due soon also

If u like ur current tenant, jus up abit lor....if not den u noe wat to do la...hehe

mine also coming soon...but i carry a bit just buy NEW sofa for my tenant he happy like f#$%

If don't like tenants, just up to slightly above market rate and sure he'll leave. If you like the tenants and have no problems, just ask below market rate and may even consider not raising the rate just to keep them in return for peace of mind for next 2 years or so!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    consider not raising the rate just to keep them in return for peace of mind for next 2 years or so!
    then i will not be in peace with myself

How to assess whether like or don't like tenant? So far my tenant is not problematic, and he pays rental timely via Giro. But I'm unsure what's happening in the house since I don't visit him. And should I ask if the air con servicing should be done regulary?

Quote Originally Posted by Yin Yin
    How to assess whether like or don't like tenant? So far my tenant is not problematic, and he pays rental timely via Giro. But I'm unsure what's happening in the house since I don't visit him. And should I ask if the air con servicing should be done regulary?
    Ask him to send you the receipt each time he services the aircon.
    The last time my brother rented a flat, it was in the agreement that he service the air cons on a 3month basis and he had to produce the receipts to the landlord.

I visit the tenant regularly, once a month initially and later on, once 2-3 months... so far upkeep is good, place is clean and tidy.. best thing is single and no cooking...

of course I look after tenant well also, bought a new fridge along the way, since it broke down and could not find any receipt from previous owner

also aircon was not maintained properly and leaking but luckily under warranty and subsequently got tenant to sign package with the air-con agent... hee....

If pay rental on time, its one of the biggest plus to proof that your tenant is ok. Keeping the inside of the house clean and well is the 2nd plus. However, if they still need to stay in that house for another year or more, they should be keeping it well for their own sake too. Its toward the end of tenure that all sorts of pattern emerge. Your tenancy agreement should have included that they pay damages if any so its the air con that will be most problematic later so regular servicing is therefore required. Either they can service by themselves or you get a serviceman up periodically and they pay for it!

Rental I am collecting from my tenant has DROPPED TO ZERO......that is because he bought over the unit...

Quote Originally Posted by condoinvestor
    Rental I am collecting from my tenant has DROPPED TO ZERO......that is because he bought over the unit...
    Congrats!

Then rent out higher

Congrats! hope you fetched a price you're happy with and that you already have a plan with the ca$h....

Ok so I shall ask for servicing report.

My current tenant niao on me and on maintenance , aruge that heater spoil insisted that it was in ceiling so they are unable to check , ceiling fan remote spoil insisted existing already faulty when take over . luckily it was one year contract .

End of the contract and upon renew , I just increase substantial amount for them to decline renewal . Funny thing they still wanted to renew for two more years 。

In one of my unit the tenant informed my agent that there water ingress via the windows.

As the unit is still under liability period for external water proofing , I arranged the m.c, developer and take the oppportunity to go inspect the unit in the context of this . during inspection with them, take the chance to observe the unit . Btw no need to tell them you are the owner amount the ppl. From there you can tell the state of your unit.

Also air con supposed to be maintained regularly . If end of the if they can not produced the full yearly report , then during the hand over, ask the air con contractor to do full complete service ( full acid wash indoor and out door)and deduct accordingly . Also check for leak due to non maintenance .

I believe ASKING rentals have been increasing all over Singapore. For example, HDB flats in popular estates are asking $2.5K-$3K+. Whether tenants are accepting these increases remains to be seen.

For all the talk of increased foreign talent inflow, expat packages/allowances are a thing of the past for most "expats" here so I believe they would have budget constraints.

If you look at Bukit Timah area near King Albert/Sixth Avenue, you have many units up (Cascadia etc and soon Floridian/Jardin) for rental that are fighting for a limited pool of tenants. MRT construction (aka Maplewoods saga) is also affecting the rental situation there. So location and supply are also important factors in rental determination

Quote Originally Posted by zzz1
    My current tenant niao on me and on maintenance , aruge that heater spoil insisted that it was in ceiling so they are unable to check , ceiling fan remote spoil insisted existing already faulty when take over . luckily it was one year contract .

End of the contract and upon renew , I just increase substantial amount for them to decline renewal . Funny thing they still wanted to renew for two more years 。
    Really weird, isn't it? Same thing happened to me. I raised my rent by more than $300 and the tenant, after arguing a bit, still accepted! Think the hassle of shifting is a huge deterrent. Just pay a bit more and anyway its nearly the same price elsewhere so it just doesn't make sense to shift!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Really weird, isn't it? Same thing happened to me. I raised my rent by more than $300 and the tenant, after arguing a bit, still accepted! Think the hassle of shifting is a huge deterrent. Just pay a bit more and anyway its nearly the same price elsewhere so it just doesn't make sense to shift!
    important point is that it's same price or even higher elsewhere, also there is relocation costs (time + $$$) involved...

also let me quote from a wise man... "... a known devil is better than an unknown angel..."

Quote Originally Posted by mm63
    I believe ASKING rentals have been increasing all over Singapore. For example, HDB flats in popular estates are asking $2.5K-$3K+. Whether tenants are accepting these increases remains to be seen.

For all the talk of increased foreign talent inflow, expat packages/allowances are a thing of the past for most "expats" here so I believe they would have budget constraints.

If you look at Bukit Timah area near King Albert/Sixth Avenue, you have many units up (Cascadia etc and soon Floridian/Jardin) for rental that are fighting for a limited pool of tenants. MRT construction (aka Maplewoods saga) is also affecting the rental situation there. So location and supply are also important factors in rental determination
    There are now FT related restrictions pertaining to stricter requirements for S passes and Employment Passes announced during the ND Reception wef 10 August 2011.

Default Advice on renewing rental without agent.

Agent of tenant not going to involved in renewal process. Can I use the existing agreement? How and where to get the stamp fee document done up? Surprising, tenant willing to continue even with rental up 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Agent of tenant not going to involved in renewal process. Can I use the existing agreement? How and where to get the stamp fee document done up? Surprising, tenant willing to continue even with rental up 20%.
    Print and sign a new copy of tenancy agreement. Bring to iras for stamp fee. The counter should be able to guide u on which form to fill. Very simple process.

Thanks for your advice
    Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    Print and sign a new copy of tenancy agreement. Bring to iras for stamp fee. The counter should be able to guide u on which form to fill. Very simple process.