Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789101520253035 ... LastLast

Thread: A Treasure Trove - New condo at Punggol by Sim Lian Group

Sell to you?
    Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Wow! Really priced to sell, spoil market! haa haa

thanks for update! appreciate it.

so will this sell faster than The Luxurie?

Quote Originally Posted by victorchoo
    2 bedder stack 775sf
    02 $703k
    08 $727k
    15 $756k

2 + study stack 915sf
    02 $811k
    08 $842k
    15 $877k

3 bedder stack 1044sf
    02 $935k
    08 $967k
    15 $1022k

3 + study stack 1206sf
    02 $1021k
    08 $1058k
    15 $1100k

4 bedder stack 1335sf
    02 $1133k
    08 $1171k
    15 $1213k

hurry go buy buy!

last new launch near MRt below 1kpsf....lol

Nobody seem to hiew tarman's recession warning.

250m from MRT and highrise.
    Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    hurry go buy buy!

last new launch near MRt below 1kpsf....lol

come on ppl! you buy, I bye.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    thanks for update! appreciate it.

so will this sell faster than The Luxurie?
    i suppose this will sell better than Luxurie.

Been to Luxurie showflat. The bedrooms, less the master bedroom can only accommodate a single-sized bed.

As for the ATT bedrooms, which the floorplan is very much similar to Waterview, you can put in a queen size bed quite comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Got site map?

Quote Originally Posted by victorchoo
    i suppose this will sell better than Luxurie.

Been to Luxurie showflat. The bedrooms, less the master bedroom can only accommodate a single-sized bed.

As for the ATT bedrooms, which the floorplan is very much similar to Waterview, you can put in a queen size bed quite comfortably.
    A decent project should allow you to put in a King sized bed very comfortably but such projects in OCR are as good as extinct! Sigh!

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Nobody seem to hiew tarman's recession warning.
    Welcome to Singapore! Why do you think Singapore is considered a safe haven to park one's cash? Coz Singaporeans bo hiew world's economy! We evolve by ourselves and are self-sustaining (and so we believed)....

I think prices out between 11am to noon today, but showflat only can view between 6pm to 10pm. Those who have site plan don't actually need to see the showflat model. The interior a bit cheapskate, using homogeneous tiles and usual parquet flooring
    the epitome of cheapskate is homogeneous tiles and laminate flooring.

$1m for a 3 bedder seems to be the magic formula, regardless of size. Tharman's warning vs SNB's + ECB's + Fed's printing press.

any updates from the 'live' action? jam packed like sardines?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    any updates from the 'live' action? jam packed like sardines?
    Apparently some agents from other developments have been spreading stories about maltilda house being used as a club house. When I went to luxurie, the sales person was discouraging me from looking at this launch. On Facebook, I hv agent friends who are posting stories about the haunted house. Well, let's see whether 'priced to sell' strategies will work its charm over some urban legend.

I didn't bother to go down, better to wait for the first batch to die first then wait for sim lian to start lelonging the other units. 8xx units not easy to sell out. The are getting rid of the best stacks at high prices first, launching cheaper ones later. Early bird does not translate to better deal in this case.

I didn't bother to go down, better to wait for the first batch to die first then wait for sim lian to start lelonging the other units. 8xx units not easy to sell out. The are getting rid of the best stacks at high prices first, launching cheaper ones later. Early bird does not translate to better deal in this case.
    That is a piece of interesting news. Looking at 2 or 3 bedrooms and see if it is reasonably priced.

Each time they try to tear the house down, something bad happens, that was what I heard so they have no choice but to keep it. It is indeed haunted. If you drive past that house at night, it gives an eerie feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by tally
    Apparently some agents from other developments have been spreading stories about maltilda house being used as a club house. When I went to luxurie, the sales person was discouraging me from looking at this launch. On Facebook, I hv agent friends who are posting stories about the haunted house. Well, let's see whether 'priced to sell' strategies will work its charm over some urban legend.
    Last edited by Regulators; 08-09-11 at 20:09.

As expected, down down down, new land bids also down..

U got it, in upmarket, keep the best for last.

In down market, keep the worst for last.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Got site map?
    http://www.a-treasure-trove.sg

http://atreasuretrove.org/siteplan/
    Last edited by kingkong1984; 08-09-11 at 21:00.

last condo in punggol below 1k psf?
    Affordable means small

if I am buying, i rather wait for watertown....
    FEO is a few classes above SL

One is a developer while the other is a MC/developer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    if I am buying, i rather wait for watertown....
    FEO is a few classes above SL

Default A piece of history

Each time they try to tear the house down, something bad happens, that was what I heard so they have no choice but to keep it. It is indeed haunted. If you drive past that house at night, it gives an eerie feeling.
    The following is an extract of the newspaper interview with Mr Howard Cashin when he and the newspaper team visited the place in 2002.
    It was in October 2002, Mr Cashin and The New Paper team visited the Matilda house again. Mr Cashin was quite shocked by seeing its present state, and he confessed to being 'a little shaken' at seeing it in its present state.

The glorious past

The dilapidated framework and red corrugated roof don't do any justice to its glorious past. It had a red-tiled roof and pristine white-washed walls then. It was a sprawling, single-storey, six-bedroomed bungalow with servants quarters attached, stables on the side and set in orchards which had mangosteen, durian and rambutan trees.

Manicured lawns, tropical blooms, clipped hedges lay to the front with neat tennis courts to the sides. And a long staircase ran down the garden - which was on several levels - to the sandy beach, which was a mere 200m away. Even this was not all of it. The Cashin family owned about 350 hectares of land in the area on which there were also rubber and coconut plantations.

'The last time I came here was about 10 years ago,' said Mr Cashin, looking mildly upset. His first memories of Matilda House date to the time he was about 4 years old. The Cashin family, originally from Ireland and one of the oldest to have settled in Singapore, owned several other houses here. Mr Cashin was born in their mansion in Haig Road, now no longer in existence. There was also a house on Grange Road and another in Sarimbun. In addition, the family owned other properties, including about 400 shop-houses all over the island.

'It was my grandfather, Joseph William Cashin, who made the money,' he explained. Once a lawyer's clerk, his grandfather invested in opium farms - legal in the 1880s - and made a fortune there before investing in real estate. Cashin Street, off North Bridge Road, was named after him. 'My father followed suit, but without benefit of the opium,' quipped Mr Cashin. 'He built Matilda House, and my memories of Singapore as a small boy revolve vastly around it. We could swim in the sea, but in pagars (a swimming enclosure in the sea) to keep out sharks or the occasional crocodile which would appear.'

Mr Cashin later became one of this country's best-known legal eagles, and was a sparkling personality and somewhat controversial figure on the sports scene. The long-time president of the Singapore Rugby Union played on the Singapore Cricket Club rugby team and also captained its cricket team for several years. But he had left Singapore at 7 to go to school in England. And stayed there for 11 years, going later to Oxford University where he shone at cricket and rugby and qualified as a lawyer.

'I had some happy days at Matilda House when I returned just before the war,' he said. 'Then went off again.' He spent much of the war in the Indian Army, stationed at the north-east frontier. He said matter-of-factly: 'Those places they mention in Afghanistan these days... they are all familiar to me.' Immediately after, he returned to England, was called to the Bar in London and came back here to practise as a lawyer.

'I was also newly-married then,' he said. 'And we set up home in Matilda House.' Those halcyon days, when he was a 'workaholic lawyer', avid sportsman, young husband and father were evidently the happiest. His two children from that first marriage - Mary, now 48 and Charles, now 46 - spent their first years in the house. Later his brother, Mr Joseph Cashin, also a prominent lawyer here, took over the house with their mother and sister.

They were asked to leave about 10 years ago and the house has lain empty, falling slowly into ruin.

Mr Cashin himself had left Singapore by the late 1980s, settling in Italy with his second wife. But when that marriage was over, he returned here, to Murphy and Dunbar, the old law firm he'd been a partner in. It was dissolved in 1996 and he started his own firm. He is only semi-retired now, still taking the odd case. And is now married to Lily Cashin - also a lawyer. They now have their law firm together. And with his siblings and children all living abroad, he's the only Cashin left in Singapore now.

Seeing Matilda House after all these years was an emotional experience.

There's regret at the state of disrepair it has fallen into, but that's tinged with a measure of satisfaction. He said: 'I'm happy that the house will still be standing. But I hope it will be used well.'

Is this true? Who can confirm?
    If yes, who will want to buy or dare to buy? Lucky people buy liao become unlucky, bad fengshui leh!

Bro, I used to stay in punggol years back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armstrong
    Is this true? Who can confirm?
    If yes, who will want to buy or dare to buy? Lucky people buy liao become unlucky, bad fengshui leh!

I tot ura stated specifically tat tat bungalow hse must be conserved when they put up the land for tender?

Bro, I used to stay in punggol years back.
    hmm.. u may be right. I just do a search and found the following link talk about this matilda house, sound scary

http://forum.punggol.org/index.php?topic=2895.0

prices of 775sf two bedr starting at $907psf for stacks released. $907psf units are on second floor, facing pool. Every floor increase by $4psf. The 2+1 starting at $896psf not very far from 2 bedr. Pricing not very attractive imo, what do you guys think?
    Bros, u guys are amazing!
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.n...df?openelement

its already launched. 866psf average? showflat opened every day from 9th sep 10am to 7pm.

Default In BT today

Meanwhile at a private condo project near Punggol MRT station, Sim Lian had found buyers for about 210 units at A Treasure Trove by 9.30pm yesterday. The average price is $866 psf.
    Sim Lian released 300 of the total 882 units in the project under the first phase.
    The condo project includes Matilda House, a conservation bungalow which Sim Lian will restore and turn into a clubhouse with facilities such as a function room, reading room, lounge and gymnasium.
    Prices begin at $703,000 for a 775 sq ft two-bedder on the second floor. Units in the 16-storey project range from two bedders to four bedders (up to 1,658 sq ft). There are also 42 penthouses (1,528-4,876 sq ft).
    The relatively strong sales at A Treasure Trove reflect its competitive pricing, say market watchers.
    One stop closer to town, near Sengkang MRT/LRT stations, a bus interchange and Compass Point mall, Keppel Land has been selling units at The Luxurie since Aug 26 at an average price of $980 psf. As of Monday, it had found buyers for about 180 units.
    A seasoned property consultant attributed the higher price for The Luxurie to the fact that it is closer to the MRT station and amenities. 'Both Luxurie and A Treasure Trove have done reasonably well given the current uncertain global economic climate and the potential supply in the Punggol, Sengkang and Buangkok location,' he added.