Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456781318232833 ... LastLast

Thread: Yishun or Sembawang Pte property worth investing

Quote Originally Posted by Pro888
    Few small units have already changed hands >$1000.
    Hot properties everywhere. Huat Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Next stop - Iskandar (???)

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Not comfortable with malaysia properties.

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Rem Clob shares & Malaysia Cup.

Only 2 conditions i will consider to invest.

1. Extra Cash for disposal rather than invest.
    2. Cheap until lao sai property.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Tampines got - Business Hub
    Punggol got - Waterfront living
    Jurong got - JLD
    And Paya lebar next

How about north? Another business hub? No doubt, JLD has just started.

Congestion will be reduced. Businesses distribution across the island. Transport minister less headache.
    Cut down on traveling time. More quality time with family.
    Productivity increase.
    Profit increase due to lower rental.

Mr. KBW. It's your ward. Creating something out from you.

Tampines got - Business Hub
    Punggol got - Waterfront living
    Jurong got - JLD
    And Paya lebar next

How about north? Another business hub? No doubt, JLD has just started.

Congestion will be reduced. Businesses distribution across the island. Transport minister less headache.
    Cut down on traveling time. More quality time with family.
    Productivity increase.
    Profit increase due to lower rental.

Mr. KBW. It's your ward. Creating something out from you.

If there is a business hub, likely near Future Simpang mrt, near rubies and 8cy.

Light industries surrounding the hub.

Sembawang will need this hub to boom and shipyard to move out to boom further. Reason because Sembawang is little out of the way. If punggol waterfront pulls off, i'm sure they will replicate for Sembawang.

Having said all that, MRT is still speculation..... But most of us think it will happen within 10-20yrs.

Default Seletaris or Sensoria

I am interested to invest in freehold only. Can anyone pls advise if Seletaris is worth invest in (for own stay) ? What is the reasonable
    price psf ?

Thank

Erm...seletaris will be affected by the NS expressway construction. Part of their land will be taken over by the expressway.
    http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Homes+...th+Expressway/

Quote Originally Posted by ahsoh88
    I am interested to invest in freehold only. Can anyone pls advise if Seletaris is worth invest in (for own stay) ? What is the reasonable
    price psf ?

Thank
    Buy only wat u like and can afford. The answer lies there.

I say it's up to u.

My wife told me that she saw a chinese program or show (can't rem exactly wat) last week talking about the EC as it is a very hot topic now. They mentioned abt 2 new EC sites, of coz, 1 of them next to 8CY and is going to build a new mrt nearby. So i have a strong feeling that it is within the next 4-5 years when 8CY and EC are up.

Traffic lights at new Canberra Lane are up also. Canberra drive off Yishun Ave 7 will also be widened. Can expect the clearing of the forest very soon.

My wife told me that she saw a chinese program or show (can't rem exactly wat) last week talking about the EC as it is a very hot topic now. They mentioned abt 2 new EC sites, of coz, 1 of them next to 8CY and is going to build a new mrt nearby. So i have a strong feeling that it is within the next 4-5 years when 8CY and EC are up.

Traffic lights at new Canberra Lane are up also. Canberra drive off Yishun Ave 7 will also be widened. Can expect the clearing of the forest very soon.
    still not enough to form critical mass. The other side of the road is still zoned for industrial use. My sources tell me is closer to end of this decade

agreed that this place will not be developed so soon.

btw, owner of Canberra Residences, i just created a forum for the CR owners. Please join in!

http://canberraresidences.freeforums.org/

there are many plots of land out for tender in Yishun and Sembawang - septical to see the price adjusting upwords soon, eventually it should.

Between Woodlands and Yishun, which location will be a better bet for price upside?

Sungei Kadut unlikely to plan for heavy industry as the new approved and lease is less than 30 years and I think government plan to take back the whole area for re-development in future.

Lilydale is happening

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    there are many plots of land out for tender in Yishun and Sembawang - septical to see the price adjusting upwords soon, eventually it should.

Between Woodlands and Yishun, which location will be a better bet for price upside?

Sungei Kadut unlikely to plan for heavy industry as the new approved and lease is less than 30 years and I think government plan to take back the whole area for re-development in future.
    both also cmi

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    both also cmi
    Well for northlander u only want to choose both areas.
    For own stay with long term cap apprecation for sure. If purely for investment then that is different story unless its next to malls and MRT.

Well for northlander u only want to choose both areas.
    For own stay with long term cap apprecation for sure. If purely for investment then that is different story unless its next to malls and MRT.
    dun buy now...no point....i will only consider far north when the new expressway is almost ready.....tats the expressway of fortune for far north

dun buy now...no point....i will only consider far north when the new expressway is almost ready.....tats the expressway of fortune for far north
    expressway sure build some offices received letter to cut part of the facade 1.5 years ago.

consider later...haha by then the prices will move again. opportunity lost just like caspian... and look at Jurong now, my fren lakshore 2 bedder now more then 1000psf. It was less then 500psf when she got it and not facing track.

north could be the only opportunity for pple who dont want to commit on huge loan.

buy now is ok if have the view for own stay and your other properties are rentable even during resession.

governemnt is gearing up the development here - open land is easier to develop and plan.

miss the boat vs calculated risk...
    buy ppty for investments and later for own stay........reverse strategy

expressway sure build some offices received letter to cut part of the facade 1.5 years ago.

consider later...haha by then the prices will move again. opportunity lost just like caspian... and look at Jurong now, my fren lakshore 2 bedder now more then 1000psf. It was less then 500psf when she got it and not facing track.
    lakeshore goodie.....subsale cheap cheap upon TOP! i got super deals!! den some goondos buy from developer at tat time instead.....pay easily 100psf more....WHAHAHA

well, i rather put my $$ on smthing else den far north.....prolly only 8cy considered ok buy.....at 750psf there is minimal downside risk

but now older resale px there r asking ard 700psf....siao ar....whahahaha

lakeshore goodie.....subsale cheap cheap upon TOP! i got super deals!! den some goondos buy from developer at tat time instead.....pay easily 100psf more....WHAHAHA

well, i rather put my $$ on smthing else den far north.....prolly only 8cy considered ok buy.....at 750psf there is minimal downside risk

but now older resale px there r asking ard 700psf....siao ar....whahahaha
    Good you.

If pple are still willing to pay for a resale price at 700psf in the next 2 years, then we have to accept the fact that the base price is there. Even there is a fire sale, the fire is not going to be there very long with liquidity and inflation. anyway to alot of pple SG is still a good place for business and education.

Good you.

If pple are still willing to pay for a resale price at 700psf in the next 2 years, then we have to accept the fact that the base price is there. Even there is a fire sale, the fire is not going to be there very long with liquidity and inflation. anyway to alot of pple SG is still a good place for business and education.
    buy woodleigh area la

i tell u the stamford sch beside it VY GOODIE!

the artist impression so posh and grand! expats surely love it.....hopefully the actual product dun dissapoint me

buy woodleigh area la

i tell u the stamford sch beside it VY GOODIE!

the artist impression so posh and grand! expats surely love it.....hopefully the actual product dun dissapoint me
    I wanted too! last year this time. given check and one stupid agent cut my agent @5K...my luck...it was 1.01m for 3 bedder.......somemore only need 20% downpayment.. now price too high liao.......

I wanted too! last year this time. given check and one stupid agent cut my agent @5K...my luck...it was 1.01m for 3 bedder.......somemore only need 20% downpayment.. now price too high liao.......
    buy from direct agts lah! aiyooooooooooo

buy from direct agts lah! aiyooooooooooo
    tat owner nvr sign exclusive so few agents are free to sell.

north could be the only opportunity for pple who dont want to commit on huge loan.

buy now is ok if have the view for own stay and your other properties are rentable even during resession.

governemnt is gearing up the development here - open land is easier to develop and plan.

miss the boat vs calculated risk...
    buy ppty for investments and later for own stay........reverse strategy
    Downside risk will be supported by future developments.

North still a laggard. Upside maybe more than $1k psf. Still a gap of $200 $300 psf. I can't see any room for upside in other areas unless CCR moves. JLD maybe.

More to come as govt spending billion $ to build TSL & NSE.

both also cmi
    dun tok down my north leh

but if you wait till TSL and NSE up the potential would have been realised by then

invest around 2014 just nice cos 2018 is end of 4 yrs SSD and can sell

Downside risk will be supported by future developments.

North still a laggard. Upside maybe more than $1k psf. Still a gap of $200 $300 psf. I can't see any room for upside in other areas unless CCR moves. JLD maybe.

More to come as govt spending billion $ to build TSL & NSE.
    you are too optimistic leh. my rcr only 1300psf fh and 5 min mrt. there maybe risk of downside jialat jialat if abv 1000psf (2 bedder?) with bad economy... existing owner maybe paying 4xxpsf during bad times. eg seletaris..

some new condos still a long walking distance from MRT so wonder how can the price hold well? Yes but could be very competitive.

you are too optimistic leh. my rcr only 1300psf fh and 5 min mrt. there maybe risk of downside jialat jialat if abv 1000psf (2 bedder?) with bad economy... existing owner maybe paying 4xxpsf during bad times. eg seletaris..

some new condos still a long walking distance from MRT so wonder how can the price hold well? Yes but could be very competitive.
    Some alredi hit above $1k (esp Woodhaven) and many abv $900 in Yishun. Dun forget the developer paid for that plot of land in betweeen SSC & Canberra Res in May this year. Need to sell $950 to $1000 to make money.

Now developers are more wiiling to pay more for ocr (commercial cum Res). Bedok in the east, Punggol in the north-east and JLD in the west. Yishun in the north will be the next one. Residential rental increase one of the fastest pace.

in 2005, i paid for my current rcr $650psf (super near mrt, really throw stone can hit the train, but can never hit 1 bcos underground lah and 5min to city, TOP only couple of years back), now $1.4K. Hit the roof liao.