Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891015202530 ... LastLast

Thread: Yishun or Sembawang Pte property worth investing

Hi, would like to ask about sembawamg cottage. There's a unit that is going for abt 578 pad, and am wondering if the price is too high since it is a walkup apartment and not much amenities. Any advice? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by denyr
    Hi, would like to ask about sembawamg cottage. There's a unit that is going for abt 578 pad, and am wondering if the price is too high since it is a walkup apartment and not much amenities. Any advice? Thanks.
    It has only 20 units and for the past 2 years, only 6 transactions.

Consider location (not so good), amenities (still acceptable), for investment (not so good in terms of rental and capital appreciation will also be limited). School for kids, noise from the road etc

For own stay, if you like the place (love at first sight), no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by denyr
    FH, Mcdonald's at doorstep. En-bloc potential. Buy.

NSE right smack at your doorstep. Buy? Think otherwise. Risk to reward too high.

Thanks all, will reconsider carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    NSE right smack at your doorstep. Buy? Think otherwise. Risk to reward too high.
    Yes. the NSE at your very doorstep. Noise & air pollution.

Buy near NSE, but not too near like CR, 8CY, YE & YS etc.

Check with LTA, sure build mrt there but dun know when.

Bulid 1 mrt station - $20mil (pluck from the sky)
    Sell 1 plot of land - $150 - $200 mil
    Available is abt 5 - $750 - $1 bil (not considering the land zone for businesses across the road)

Now, constructing roads (Canberra Drive & Lane), next sell land near to main road (maybe in GLS 2012).

Then how to sell land that is really "off" the main road ? Build mrt.

Also many BTO flats coming up along Sembawang Rd which are quite far from Sembawang mrt.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro888

Available is abt 5 - $750 - $1 bil (not considering the land zone for businesses across the road)

Now, constructing roads (Canberra Drive & Lane), next sell land near to main road (maybe in GLS 2012).

Also many BTO flats coming up along Sembawang Rd which are quite far from Sembawang mrt.
    Great minds think alike....

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy
    FH, Mcdonald's at doorstep. En-bloc potential. Buy.
    Why not find your enbloc in TK? Oops I forgot government just clamped TK down and it's all published in the papers! Simply because it's way too squeezy!

Why not find your enbloc in TK? Oops I forgot government just clamped TK down and it's all published in the papers! Simply because it's way too squeezy!
    solsys, i have never intended to sell my landed in TK. never will i let go because this is the house i grew up in. so i don't know why you are targeting me but anyway i was one of the few which my neighbors and i have signed petition to URA for the past few yrs protesting MMs developments in our backyard.

i welcome the move totally, and whatever it is, it doesn't affect me AT ALL. in fact if properties in TK drop, I'm already eye a few units in this area and grab.

My guess is the business plots will be developed once Seletar Hub up and running.

The hub will need auxiliary businesses to support the aerospace industry.

solsys, i have never intended to sell my landed in TK. never will i let go because this is the house i grew up in. so i don't know why you are targeting me but anyway i was one of the few which my neighbors and i have signed petition to URA for the past few yrs protesting MMs developments in our backyard.

i welcome the move totally, and whatever it is, it doesn't affect me AT ALL. in fact if properties in TK drop, I'm already eye a few units in this area and grab.
    its sad to have apts sprouting up in ur landed estate

actually landed in TK shd see buying interest back rite? no more enbloc in near future.....traffic will not get worse liao.....

Great minds think alike....
    Hehe.

Monitoring closely how URA, LTA, HDB etc "co-ordinate" at other parts of SG that will replicate here.

Now got the The Nautical - cruise like design, dun miss it.

My guess is the business plots will be developed once Seletar Hub up and running.

The hub will need auxiliary businesses to support the aerospace industry.
    Same thinking. Building another road linking to the Hub and especially the bridge across the reservoir. They are not using the existing Yishun Ave 1.

I think you will get your wish to buy a few units eventually.

But isn't it contradicting? Petitioning against something that will benefit prices in your area? The MMs are the ones pushing the prices up in TK, which is the reason why I think it will tank the fastest because of its weak supporting fundamentals.

Anywhr in this small little dot is goodie good

Even geylang ppty appreciated since lows of 2005

BR selling at $1350psf
    Hillier at $1150psf avg
    Yishun Res. integrated bus hub will not come cheap. With all facilities available, hospital, future developments, can easily reach $1300 - $1400.
    Still waiting for govt to release the site for redevelopment. Suppose this month.

if Yishun reaches 1.3k-1.4kpsf next year ... CM6 sure comes
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    if Yishun reaches 1.3k-1.4kpsf next year ... CM6 sure comes
    If CM6 comes becoz of Yishun reaches that price, then every1 will be hit. No place to hide liao.

Consider BR & Yishun the same under CM5. If it goes above that, then CM6 will come. Centro in AMK few mrt stops away now transacted at $1550psf.

BR selling at $1350psf
    Hillier at $1150psf avg
    Yishun Res. integrated bus hub will not come cheap. With all facilities available, hospital, future developments, can easily reach $1300 - $1400.
    Still waiting for govt to release the site for redevelopment. Suppose this month.
    I think JDL investors or the Bt Panjang investors will be clapping hands first.

BR situated in saturated town with lots of old landed houses and matured HDBs, literally there are spare cash to punt on BR. That is why developer willing to pay high for the land.

Hillier under FEO nvr comes cheap.

If CM6 comes becoz of Yishun reaches that price, then every1 will be hit. No place to hide liao.

Consider BR & Yishun the same under CM5. If it goes above that, then CM6 will come. Centro in AMK few mrt stops away now transacted at $1550psf.
    Woo.... so aggressive, i'm more conservative, looking at S$1.2k - S$1.3psf for Yishun Hub condo. Having said that, Yishun is indeed a matured town with a new hospital, rejuvenated hub, interchange as well.

Woo.... so aggressive, i'm more conservative, looking at S$1.2k - S$1.3psf for Yishun Hub condo. Having said that, Yishun is indeed a matured town with a new hospital, rejuvenated hub, interchange as well.
    Many big players are saving there bullets for this one. Not me aggressive, developers are. Agents are also saying it is between what you hv indicated.

still no news for the Yishun hub tender activity? shops already closed for months already

Quote Originally Posted by xemz127
    still no news for the Yishun hub tender activity? shops already closed for months already
    Have spoken to the MP and they are also pushing for it. They already feedback to the relevant authority.

It is long overdue. It will take 6 mths to launch and 4 yrs to build.

Probably wait for FEO to sell their WT then come here to bid high high.

This is a prime land in Yishun. If i am selling something, i must wait for those BB when they are less committed. Surely you will sell many JV tied up with mall operator.

haha the URA can always set a "guideline" for the bidders lah... set high high and "no money no talk"!!

Many big players are saving there bullets for this one. Not me aggressive, developers are. Agents are also saying it is between what you hv indicated.
    Great minds think alike.
    If not that I'm vested in WT, this yishun hub shall be my target.

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    Great minds think alike.
    If not that I'm vested in WT, this yishun hub shall be my target.
    have to see how's the design of yishun hub first.. if FEO got it.. it will definitely market it similar like WT.. there's one yishun pond just right behind.. with combination with current northpoint, very likely will be another tampines central..

have to see how's the design of yishun hub first.. if FEO got it.. it will definitely market it similar like WT.. there's one yishun pond just right behind.. with combination with current northpoint, very likely will be another tampines central..
    Just to share

Bedok Res - Land size 24900 sq m, land price $789 mil
    Punggol WT - Land size 30000 sq m, land price $1021 mil
    Bukit Panjang - Land size 18954 sq m , land price $493 mil
    Yishun Hub - Land size 40000 sq m, the largest plot among the 4. Who has the resources & experience???
    Land price estimated $1100 mil above. Total units about 1050 - 1200 units. Sure will have many MMs.

Just to share

Bedok Res - Land size 24900 sq m, land price $789 mil
    Punggol WT - Land size 30000 sq m, land price $1021 mil
    Bukit Panjang - Land size 18954 sq m , land price $493 mil
    Yishun Hub - Land size 40000 sq m, the largest plot among the 4. Who has the resources & experience???
    Land price estimated $1100 mil above. Total units about 1050 - 1200 units. Sure will have many MMs.
    it's really huge land to be developed! thanks for sharing! Yishun hub will help to kickstart the transformation or northern SG which always branded as ulu place by general public..

I think fraser n FEO might JV to share this fat meat! Northpoint belongs to fraser so no way they wana give up this!

it's really huge land to be developed! thanks for sharing! Yishun hub will help to kickstart the transformation or northern SG which always branded as ulu place by general public..

I think fraser n FEO might JV to share this fat meat! Northpoint belongs to fraser so no way they wana give up this!
    With so many PC (northern & southern fringe of Yishun), EC and BTO coming up, the demand for 2nd mall is not an issue.

The JV expected to be the same as WT & Tenah Merah site since they are so happy with the WT receptions. Tenah Merah should be another hot site. No prob selling, so they will continue their JV with gd returns & lesser risk.