Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sycamore tree

Quote Originally Posted by shellshox View Post
    Hi, there is a class action suit going on against the developer of this condo. If you have bought or know anyone who bought a unit there, please contact me through PM to discuss further action that can be taken. I may have to ask some details, but just to ensure you are a genuine purchaser. The developers are apparently financially in the red. I can't disclose more but a lawyer firm has been engaged to seek recourse. Please help spread the message, thank you.
    U can do a search at SLA by paying a fee (not that much) on the names of the owners. But the issues, you only can get owners' names but not their contacts.

There is always a LD clause for delays...check the S&P, ask your lawyer for advice

Ya, now i recalled what property is this....yes, very very slow progress.
    In fact, the mechanical carpark would be a very big problem....

hello every one
    Plz tell me about the sycamore tree......
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trump View Post
    hello every one
    Plz tell me about the sycamore tree......
    Thanks
    FreeHold

In the worst case scenario, can we say the land collectively belong to the buyers and there are still undisbursed funds kept by bank? Top up a bit more to enlist a separate developer to complete the job?

Were all units sold?
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Don't think so, cos buyers wouldn't have received land title deeds cos banks would be holding on to it as guarantee. Unless you pay full amount for the property.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna View Post
    U can do a search at SLA by paying a fee (not that much) on the names of the owners. But the issues, you only can get owners' names but not their contacts.

There is always a LD clause for delays...check the S&P, ask your lawyer for advice

Ya, now i recalled what property is this....yes, very very slow progress.
    In fact, the mechanical carpark would be a very big problem....
    it's not slow, it's virtually stopped. at the junction of fowlie and joo chiat road.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    In the worst case scenario, can we say the land collectively belong to the buyers and there are still undisbursed funds kept by bank? Top up a bit more to enlist a separate developer to complete the job?

Were all units sold?
    left 2 units unsold.
    asi understand, still not TOP so title still under developer? bank financing the project has first claim?
    agents are still marketing this development.

Anyone know what will happen next?
    So owner of sycamore tree will have to wait till another developer take over ?

Surely innocent buyers should be protected. A Buyers group collectively formed seeking recourse fm developer might work.

Angry

Also, there shld be a Project Account properly administered. If the developer is in the red, how did that happen?

Try to seek some legal recourse or check through CASE to see what options avail.

Hope for the best.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Hi Shellsox.i bought a unit there. Would appreciate some clarity. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by shellshox View Post
    Hi, there is a class action suit going on against the developer of this condo. If you have bought or know anyone who bought a unit there, please contact me through PM to discuss further action that can be taken. I may have to ask some details, but just to ensure you are a genuine purchaser. The developers are apparently financially in the red. I can't disclose more but a lawyer firm has been engaged to seek recourse. Please help spread the message, thank you.
    Hi Shellsox, I am a genuine purchaser. I am very concerned about the property. Do you have any updates? Thank you 🙂

agents are still hawking units in this development.

Hi,

The TOP has been delayed twice and the development isn't seems to be progressing. Any plans or actions are the home owners planning to do?

Home owners should take legal action. peoples invest all the money of their hard earning in owners cheat them, It is not good.

That is why I only buy from reputable developers. I will never buy from developers which I have not heard of before. I rather pay a bit more than to lose everything.

I prefer to buy resale, can touchy touchy and instant do up the unit and rent

But resale got to pay more lor. Still better than ending up with nothing I guess. I heard from my agent friends that banks are asking for top ups because the units have missed the TOP date and there is significant risk to their balance sheets. In the region of 5 to 10%. I am not sure how true this is since full loan has not been disbursed yet. Any owners can verify this piece of news?

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71 View Post
    I prefer to buy resale, can touchy touchy and instant do up the unit and rent

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    But resale got to pay more lor. Still better than ending up with nothing I guess. I heard from my agent friends that banks are asking for top ups because the units have missed the TOP date and there is significant risk to their balance sheets. In the region of 5 to 10%. I am not sure how true this is since full loan has not been disbursed yet. Any owners can verify this piece of news?
    Not necessary pay more. And developers already priced in future pricing as launch prices.

Default Dealyed completion again?

The last time we heard from the developer was that they are targetting TOP by 1Q 2018.......the date is looming really close.

What happens if TOP is still delayed yet again?

Looking at the state, I don't think it will be 2018 Q1. I pass by that stretch very often. There is practically no one working there.

Default We can only wait?

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    Looking at the state, I don't think it will be 2018 Q1. I pass by that stretch very often. There is practically no one working there.
    So we can only keep waiting? What happens if they take forever to finish the project?

Same victims here......but different project https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...p-5812052.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji_Yamato View Post
    Same victims here......but different project https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...p-5812052.html
    Could be same project as well.

No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Hi,
    Can I checked if anyone bought a unit in sycamore tree recently? What happens if developer fails to complete the project and they file for bankruptcy? Wise to buy a unit now given that they are supposed to TOP in August?

Quote Originally Posted by wlwong View Post
    Hi,
    Can I checked if anyone bought a unit in sycamore tree recently? What happens if developer fails to complete the project and they file for bankruptcy? Wise to buy a unit now given that they are supposed to TOP in August?
    One bird in hand is better than two in the bushes.

Why would anyone buy a unit there now? That project has not made any progress for years. It was launched in 2011. A project of that size would have TOP in 2013/2014. Now is 2018, you still want to bet that it will be done in 2 months? I drive around there often and I can tell you there is no progress at all and it is at least 1 year away from completion even if they start work today. There is no workers that I can see either.

Quote Originally Posted by wlwong View Post
    Hi,

I am sure Straits Times will be interested in a story.

It is not possible to buy a unit there there is a court injunction on the development of there is any buying or selling done it is illegal for all the owner Do pm me I hope to tell you all about the developer