Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sibor Interest Rate

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Office, commercial, and retail (including hawker stalls & coffee shops etc) properties have all gone up by so much!!!! Oh my god! These are the real ones causing my chicken rice's chicken and rice to shrink by so much! Why are there no CM to cool all these properties???

Don't think CM5 is implemented for the goodness of citizens? If they want to do something good for the citizens, they should just cool all these commercial properties! Slap the foreigners and companies including REITS with 20% ABSD for milking the small businessmen and the consumers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    I think MAS intends to keep interest rates low and make SGD cheap to keep businesses running at the expense of savers and poor folks. Rich folks have more assets so there is less worry. The 5.7% inflation figure is a joke. Food, energy and properties are getting more expensive to acquire. Inflation should be staying around this level next year.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_748435.html

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Office, commercial, and retail (including hawker stalls & coffee shops etc) properties have all gone up by so much!!!! Oh my god! These are the real ones causing my chicken rice's chicken and rice to shrink by so much! Why are there no CM to cool all these properties???

Don't think CM5 is implemented for the goodness of citizens? If they want to do something good for the citizens, they should just cool all these commercial properties! Slap the foreigners and companies including REITS with 20% ABSD for milking the small businessmen and the consumers!!!
    On the ground the food inflation is getting a bit out of hand. The bad news is this inflation will go up much more in the next few years because of price floor of hawker food will be raised due to removal of rental subsidies by NEA.

If I'm not mistaken, Temasek uses its REITS to squeeze profits out from companies renting its space. So common folks are paying for Temasek's profits (to cover its losses), which is hardly returned to the common folks via low CPF interest rate.

There is alot more: SMRT, CapitalRetail Trust, etc.
    On the ground the food inflation is getting a bit out of hand. The bad news is this inflation will go up much more in the next few years because of price floor of hawker food will be raised due to removal of rental subsidies by NEA.

If I'm not mistaken, Temasek uses its REITS to squeeze profits out from companies renting its space. So common folks are paying for Temasek's profits (to cover its losses), which is hardly returned to the common folks via low CPF interest rate.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    There is alot more: SMRT, CapitalRetail Trust, etc.
    so just stay vested in them easy $$$$.government so nice to give citizens to invest

problem is being a small time investor, we have concentration risk when buying such stocks like SMRT ... if buy STI ETF dividend not so high

Back to square one
    Ride at your own risk !!!

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

STI ETF very the not liquid and very few transactions?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    problem is being a small time investor, we have concentration risk when buying such stocks like SMRT ... if buy STI ETF dividend not so high

Back to square one

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    STI ETF very the not liquid and very few transactions?
    for small time investor....100-200k shdnt hf any problem offloading.....big time investors like u shdnt touch

stocks like genting, golden agri bestest for big timers like u

or play currency forex bestest.....everyday huge volume

The bankers consider mine as completed but after negotiating, he seek approval to offer me rates under new launch package.

Standchart. No lock in. Signed this year.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    1) 3 yrs fixed rate:
    a. Rate: 1.22% (1st yr), 1.33% (2nd yr), 1.45% (3rd yr)
    b. Lock-in 3 years
    c. 2 years free Fire Insurance
    d. Legal fee subsidy 0.5% capped at $2,500

2) No Lock-in Floating Rate :
    a. Rate: 1-month SIBOR+0.75% for 1st 3 yrs
    b. No Lock-in Period
    c. 1 yrs free fire insurance
    d. Legal Fee subsidy 0.5% capped at $2,500
    I subscribe to Home Loan Singapore Pte Ltd. They usually track the rate.

Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel
    The bankers consider mine as completed but after negotiating, he seek approval to offer me rates under new launch package.

Standchart. No lock in. Signed this year.
    wah....vy gd rates....

power

the fixed rate looks goodie.....can help to check which bank offers tat?

Default US$ Sibors hit 52-week high

Business Times - 29 Dec 2011
    US$ Sibors hit 52-week highs
    Shrinking supply of US dollars and rising demand are pushing up interest rates
    By EMILYN YAP
    (SINGAPORE) Less supply and more demand for US dollars in the banking system here are showing up in fast rising benchmark interest rates.
    The three-month US dollar Singapore Interbank Offered Rate (USD Sibor) was 0.57278 per cent yesterday, staying at a 52-week high.
    It has more than doubled in a mere four months, from 0.257 per cent at the start of August.
    The one-month, six-month and 12-month USD Sibors were also at or hovering near peaks in the year.
    'Liquidity is not as abundant as before,' said UBS wealth management research chief investment strategist in Singapore, Kelvin Tay.
    USD Sibors have climbed swiftly since August as fears of a banking crisis brewing in the eurozone grew.
    Some market watchers point to the wave of deleveraging by European banks as a reason for the hike. As they trimmed lending in Asia to boost their capital positions back home, the pool of US dollars available here shrank, they said.
    Reluctance among banks to lend to one another could also have increased as the eurozone debt crisis shows no signs of clearing, some observers suggested.
    The distrust is especially evident in the eurozone, where banks reportedly parked a record 452 billion euros (S$765.6 billion) at the European Central Bank's (ECB) overnight facility on Tuesday, even though they would have earned higher interest rates lending the money to other banks.
    This came just days after the ECB lent 489 billion euros to 523 banks in an attempt to pump liquidity into the system.
    'Most European banks took the ECB longer-term refinancing operations to shore up their balance sheets and partly swapping into the US dollar rather than lending to the economy,' said Maybank economist Saktiandi Supaat.
    A reduced supply of funds may not be the only reason for steeper USD Sibor rates. 'I think it reflects increased dollar demand in Singapore, largely due to an increase in US dollar borrowings by Chinese corporates facing tight liquidity conditions at home,' said Barclays economist Leong Wai Ho.
    Rising USD Sibors mean that banks here face higher costs of US dollar funding, but few market observers are raising alarms. In fact, the climbing rates give banks a chance to raise the spreads on the loans that they extend.
    'If rising USD Sibor sustains, we believe banks will start to push up lending yields,' said CIMB analyst Kenneth Ng in a report in September, written shortly after USD Sibors started climbing.
    'After all, all three Singapore banks did enjoy some of their best lending spreads during Q4 2008-2009, when foreign banks became risk-averse and cut their lending activities.'
    OCBC economist Selena Ling also said that rising USD Sibors 'should be seen more as a normalisation from record low rates'. The 3-month USD Sibor for instance, remains much lower today than in 2008, when it peaked at over 4.79 per cent.
    US dollar funding in Singapore is unlikely to dry out, Mr Saktiandi said. 'Central banks in the region already have the capability to ensure that US dollar liquidity is there, via existing US dollar swap lines (for instance),' he said.

Copyright © 2010 Singapore Press Holdings Ltd. All rights reserved.

Am currently enjoying 1.12% with dbs...

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Am currently enjoying 1.12% with dbs...
    sian....my spread all 0.8-1.0%

refinance wif same bank got not much bargaining power

If the interest rate increases further in 2012, it will be the ultimate cooling measure: http://siborratesingapore.blogspot.com/

If it goes up significantly and quickly in 2012, together with high inflation, it will kill buying sentiment, particularly large condo units. Even landed will not be spared.

If the interest rate increases further in 2012, it will be the ultimate cooling measure: http://siborratesingapore.blogspot.com/

If it goes up significantly and quickly in 2012, together with high inflation, it will kill buying sentiment, particularly large condo units. Even landed will not be spared.
    how to goes up quickly?

the most go up to 2%++...+1% loading...3-4% nia

fixed rate can offer 1.8% for 4 damn yrs hor....if scare all convert to fixed rate now la.....3yrs fixed 1.4% now...

if really so scared....take fixed la NEOWWWWWWWWWWWW

Thought you got yours at 0.7 and below.
    Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    sian....my spread all 0.8-1.0%

refinance wif same bank got not much bargaining power

Thought you got yours at 0.7 and below.
    did i tell u i got 0.7%? or who tell u? strange

how to goes up quickly?

fixed rate can offer 1.8% for 4 damn yrs hor....if scare all convert to fixed rate now la.....3yrs fixed 1.4% now...

if really so scared....take fixed la NEOWWWWWWWWWWWW
    i will only consider fixed rate from mid 2012 onwards.....enjoy another 6mths sibor rate first la.....hohoho

So you did not refinance during the hot period.
    did i tell u i got 0.7%? or who tell u? strange

how to goes up quickly?

fixed rate can offer 1.8% for 4 damn yrs hor....if scare all convert to fixed rate now la
    Fixed rates now are quite attractive and should be safer. We are in un-charted waters now.

refinance within same bank no bargaining power......take it or leave it....

completed projects not so good rates.....somehow if refinance wif other banks incur clawback and new legal fees.....not worth it..

btw mine some other got deposit facility tats y higher loading....

Fixed rates now are quite attractive and should be safer. We are in un-charted waters now.
    some ppl shout int rate will shoot up since late 2009...u believe them and convert to fixed rate u surely cursing and swearing

wakakaka

no nid to kancheong spider.....when sibor shows signs of up up.....convert all to fixed for those ppty u nvr wana sell

No wonder. Eyeing on gold to drop further now.
    refinance within same bank no bargaining power......take it or leave it....

completed projects not so good rates.....somehow if refinance wif other banks incur clawback and new legal fees.....not worth it..

btw mine some other got deposit facility tats y higher loading....

anyway 0.8% spread very ok for me liao......last time back to 2006-07 it is 1.25% lor....

right now just monitor.....will surely convert some to fixed 3yr rate soon.....anytime after 2H 2012

Gold is down at US$1553.

I will scoop up more if it drops further, but I don't think there will be further drop.

haha I did as i monitor closely somehow got quite good luck... I got sor + 0.5% where sor is kept at min 0. some 0.75 thru-out and some BUC +0%.

hopefully sibor won rise too fast.

I will scoop up more if it drops further, but I don't think there will be further drop.
    how sure r u?

prepare for the worst.....hope for the best

i rather wait for OZ $$ to drop and change some to keep for int

Gold is down at US$1553.
    what will be a good entry price? 1200 ok? eyeing....