Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grandeur 8 or Nuovo

Thanks guys - back to topic, if you had to choose one (not that you would) what would be your pick?

Both have pros and cons but I want to see which has potential to appreciate more leh

SL is also listed and therefore want to show good results. On the other hand, cannot keep undercutting the other developer too.
    Quote Originally Posted by kane
    If you're sim lian and eager to move projects, you'd probably aggressively undercut the other developers.

Half of Bishan is within the edge of RCR, the other half sits just outside of the fringe and amk sits outside of RCR.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    SL is also listed and therefore want to show good results. On the other hand, cannot keep undercutting the other developer too.
    Well they can do more projects on lower margins.

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Nuovo is nearer to mrt than Seasons mah...I still feel proximity to MRT is a factor. Though NSE now spoils everything ... Got stack that is non mrt-facing but unblocked with as little west sun as possible?
    you will be surprised how close Seasons is to MRT. Do you know there is a back gate in Seasons?

There is not much difference.

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    you will be surprised how close Seasons is to MRT. Do you know there is a back gate in Seasons?

There is not much difference.
    Doesn't the distance also depend on the block you stay in? Anyway which road does the back gate open out to?

personally I like G8 more because of the design of the estate, the internal facilities and the distance to amenities.

g8 for me. NSE is a very big headache in nuovo now. the anderson sch also causing a lot of traffic problem during the morn, noon, even timing. for those facing against the NSE the price is too ridiculous now. maintenacne fees sinking fund etc is also very high for this project. noise is terrible and the list goes on....

Should wait for plots beside G8

Quote Originally Posted by Terese
    g8 for me. NSE is a very big headache in nuovo now. the anderson sch also causing a lot of traffic problem during the morn, noon, even timing. for those facing against the NSE the price is too ridiculous now. maintenacne fees sinking fund etc is also very high for this project. noise is terrible and the list goes on....
    The anderson does not cause traffic problem lah. I think there is no afternoon class so only morning and noon got crowd. Morning it is really early before we usually go to work but that is not too bad as it is just dropping off. Noon time is more crowded as parents wait for their children.

still not much traffic problem over the 5 years I stayed.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Should wait for plots beside G8
    Wait till the neck also long....

Brothers, I'm venturing a bit down south so now looking at central north

Would like your candid opinions on which would be your preference for investment - vested or non-vested views welcome.

Grandeur 8 is nearer to facilities but further from MRT.

Nuovo is EC, close to MRT but MRT got nothing

Thanks
    What happened to your beloved Canberra Residences?

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    What happened to your beloved Canberra Residences?
    LOL I don't have a unit there no matter how you force it - it's not good enough for me IMO (though to the buyers it's an OK choice)

However between your Orchid park condo and CR I will still award CR as the winner even though i dun like both

LOL I don't have a unit there no matter how you force it - it's not good enough for me IMO (though to the buyers it's an OK choice)

However between your Orchid park condo and CR I will still award CR as the winner even though i dun like both
    Nuovo and Grandeur 8 not much better than CR. You want to invest, spend your hard earned money on CCR properties, even if it is a studio. I might stay at Orchid Park, but all my investment properties are in CCR, freehold and next to MRT. I expected you to be more savvy for choosing investment properties considering how much time you are wasting posting all over this forum

that's what i observed and heard so abit hesitant before plunging into G8

Nuovo seems to enjoy more land space and better laid out but got NSE...

Castle Green not near enough for my liking and I also heard the maintenance of the condo not up to expectations

my choice still between G8 and Nuovo
    ...actually form the back gate CG is just less than 20 m furtner trhan Nuovo front gate to the MRT, Nuovo back gate is next to CG back gate. From what I observed, on visits to CG, the ground is very well mantained, litter free and got a nice big pool.

Got other choice ?

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    Nuovo and Grandeur 8 not much better than CR. You want to invest, spend your hard earned money on CCR properties, even if it is a studio. I might stay at Orchid Park, but all my investment properties are in CCR, freehold and next to MRT. I expected you to be more savvy for choosing investment properties considering how much time you are wasting posting all over this forum
    LOL!!! And you are Elvis as well?

Someone with CCR investments would not waste time trying to talk down OCR properties and twist facts around...shh shh go play in your orchid park and stop spoiling threads

Quote Originally Posted by danntbt
    ...actually form the back gate CG is just less than 20 m furtner trhan Nuovo front gate to the MRT, Nuovo back gate is next to CG back gate. From what I observed, on visits to CG, the ground is very well maintained, litter free and got a nice big pool.
    true....but if you stay in the block in nuovo nearest mrt versus furthest block away in CG that is a good 5min extra walk to the MRT though, nvm the distance of the back gates...

I just find CG a tad run down from outside, Season Park looks better (and further!)

NSE is going to affect Nuovo. Rental yield won't be so promising during the construction with the noise and dust out there

Quote Originally Posted by KCT
    NSE is going to affect Nuovo. Rental yield won't be so promising during the construction with the noise and dust out there

Yup noted x 10 - however when it is completed yield shld go up? Best to look for non expressway facing units but asking prices still very high...G8 lagi higher...

Maybe buy cluster better since so cheap nowadays :d

Yup noted x 10 - however when it is completed yield shld go up? d
    Completed in 2020 my friend U have a horizon this long ?! For this investment ? There are many, many , many other investments better than this.

Did u realize u seemed to be determined to like nuovo despite many members telling u otherwise ? it's kind of u wanted to look for justification here, but not getting any. It's very obvious most ppl write off nuovo because of NSE and mrt track. Give u a summary: G8 has nice design and is near real amenities amk central; seasons park is practically same distance to MRT; investment elsewhere more worthwhile like newton; etc. What else u want to find out ?

Amk is right,
    Perhaps u 've already set ur mind on Nuovo
    However those non -expressway facing units are facing the afternoon sun

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Completed in 2020 my friend U have a horizon this long ?! For this investment ? There are many, many , many other investments better than this.

Did u realize u seemed to be determined to like nuovo despite many members telling u otherwise ? it's kind of u wanted to look for justification here, but not getting any. It's very obvious most ppl write off nuovo because of NSE and mrt track. Give u a summary: G8 has nice design and is near real amenities amk central; seasons park is practically same distance to MRT; investment elsewhere more worthwhile like newton; etc. What else u want to find out ?
    i like nuovo's design but as i have pointed out myself, nse (duh) n high price puts me off. i like g8, jus it's further from mrt.

On season park equidistant - that's rubbish - u need to go down to see. castle green is nearer anytime than SP.

Like i also said, am looking at other projects - i like the ns mrt line so these 2 were good - venture further down south n prices are unrealistic

Amk is right,
    Perhaps u 've already set ur mind on Nuovo
    However those non -expressway facing units are facing the afternoon sun
    KCT u stay in this area? u seem to know the place pretty well...no i hv not set my sights on nuovo just that the reasons fr it being unattractive are the same (nse etc) so i played devil's advocate to see if i can find anymore points

i already am quite well aquainted with G8 so wanted to know more on nuovo...also G8 prices are higher but wanted to justify how much extra premium is worth for no nse disruption n private condo status...

i already am quite well aquainted with G8 so wanted to know more on nuovo...also G8 prices are higher but wanted to justify how much extra premium is worth for no nse disruption n private condo status...[/QUOTE]

I used to go to my cousin's unit there,the front-facing unit is very windy with unblock view, the layout is big, if not for NSE, I would buy it too

for the same absolute quantum, G8 is probably a better choice.

Perhaps u could wait for a while till the NSE planning is announced, so u would have better pictures for Nuovo.
    Currently, the asking price is rather high for the non-expressway facing units

Perhaps u could wait for a while till the NSE planning is announced, so u would have better pictures for Nuovo.
    Currently, the asking price is rather high for the non-expressway facing units
    Those will get west sun.

Thks guys! Your input is useful to me..