Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Leasehold near MRT or freehold far from MRT..wats ur choice?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    Been doing the groundwork for a suitable/safe form of property investment (apt/condo)which i might venture in the next 6 to 9 mths when $$$ is right...my main areas of concern being a prudent investor...are...

1)rental potential
    2) capital appreciation as well as being able to hold value during downturn
    3) Liveability in case i need to stay there
    4) peace/quiet enviroment

for the sake of argument and clarity maybe i just highlight 2 similarly priced condos with VERY different attributes...

1) Astoria park...NEXT to kembangan MRT..99 yr leasehold
    2) Changi court..FREEHOLD...next to upcoming upperchangi mrt/4th uni..

current pricing for 2 bedder at both places about 900k to 1million...

i WOULD be comfortable going in at 800k(next year?)...hope thats realistic

i find it very difficult to choose one over another...my 2 thoughts...

1)Astoria Park...cant go wrong next to east/west mrt line(always be in demand),kemabangan area quite nice surrounded by private property,i know got to be careful in unit selection cos some units can be noisy facing track,a bit concerned about big open field next to mrt..wats coming up there another condo??....being a 99 year property i dont know how much more it can appreciate??

2) Changi court....looks more like dormitories than condo.....TREMENDOUS potential if no screw ups with 4th uni and MRT(given spore track record should be no issue)....ENBLOC potential...maybe...rentability for next few years doesnt look promising till uni/mrt comes up...FREEHOLD...that is the MAGIC word....

so since we all here to TCSS let me hear ur views.....
    forget about telok kurau! even the nearest lorong G is a long walk from kembangan mrt.

if u want the best of both worlds,very near mrt n FH,right across astoria park along jalan masjid,u can have a selection of kembangan suites,d'gallery n bliss residences.

all the above 3 are small projects,FH n it comes with basic facilities like pool n gym. kembangan suites just T.O.P a few mths ago while the other 2 are less than 5yrs old.
    needless to say,they are all very rentable as its only a 1min walk to the mrt..

i would pick the former, as long as there isn't any chugging of trains to destroy my peace 24/7.

lor g to kembangan is 5 minutes walk, if that is far to you, then what is near? i was looking around that area last time and ever tried walking from lor g to kembangan, really near. telok kurau is in a better district number (15) compared to trumps or astoria which is in 14. When it comes to selling, D15 draws more interest than D14.

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    forget about telok kurau! even the nearest lorong G is a long walk from kembangan mrt.

if u want the best of both worlds,very near mrt n FH,right across astoria park along jalan masjid,u can have a selection of kembangan suites,d'gallery n bliss residences.

all the above 3 are small projects,FH n it comes with basic facilities like pool n gym. kembangan suites just T.O.P a few mths ago while the other 2 are less than 5yrs old.
    needless to say,they are all very rentable as its only a 1min walk to the mrt..

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    lor g to kembangan is 5 minutes walk, if that is far to you, then what is near? i was looking around that area last time and ever tried walking from lor g to kembangan, really near. telok kurau is in a better district number (15) compared to trumps or astoria which is in 14. When it comes to selling, D15 draws more interest than D14.
    its only quite near provided your apartment is located just beside the siglap park connector along lorong G..
    fyi,lorong G is a long stretch of road,if yr condo is at the beginning or middle of lorong G,u will have a beautiful looooooong walk home.if it rains,good luck to u cos theres no shelter at all..

to me,near to mrt is like astoria park,trumps,modena or citylights (almost at doorstep)..thats how i perceived it.

I was obviously referring to apartments along lorong g which are near kembangan mrt. I think anywhere within 500m distance to mrt considered near, within 1km walkable and 2km considered far.
    its only quite near provided your apartment is located just beside the siglap park connector along lorong G..
    fyi,lorong G is a long stretch of road,if yr condo is at the beginning or middle of lorong G,u will have a beautiful looooooong walk home.if it rains,good luck to u cos theres no shelter at all..

to me,near to mrt is like astoria park,trumps,modena or citylights (almost at doorstep)..thats how i perceived it.

By the way, ppl living in d15 won't give a shit about taking the mrt

If LTA upgrades all the bus-stops and interchanges to air-con, and introduce more express services, I'm sure the appeal of being near MRT stations will diminish significantly.

Cool

what has that got to do with the topic being discussed in this thread??
    btw,nobody gives a shit if u drive,cycle or rollerskate whether u live in d15, d9 or d1..

what has that got to do with the topic being discussed in this thread??
    btw,nobody gives a shit if u drive,cycle or rollerskate whether u live in d15, d9 or d1..
    This thread is about the impact of MRT.... so it seems to me Regulators comment quite relevant leh...

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    This thread is about the impact of MRT.... so it seems to me Regulators comment quite relevant leh...
    no,i dont agree..
    topic is about buying a LH condo near mrt or a FH condo far away from mrt..its not about whether people living in D15 gives a shit about taking the mrt or not..

Hi fiat500 and Regulators, both your contributions are good shit .
    I enjoy reading them.

of course it is relevant. If the property is in D15, even if it is far from mrt is immaterial to people who buy D15, but to be able to buy something in D15 and near the mrt (eg. lor g telok kurau), it is a plus point. i think fiat didnt get my point.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit

I prefer freehold over leasehold. I'm not too bothered about the accessible to MRT though. I'm more concerned about other stuff, like price, project size and facilities, neirbourhood condition...

Quote Originally Posted by Yin Yin
    I prefer freehold over leasehold. I'm not too bothered about the accessible to MRT though. I'm more concerned about other stuff, like price, project size and facilities, neirbourhood condition...
    thats why singapore property market so dynamic everybody got their own view and ideas so developers and agents easy to do business plus it does help that we are such a small island with a very liberal open door policy over the last few years and i do realise that foreigners/prs/people NOT born here tend to be less fussy and more willing to buy apts with less desirable living condotions like small rms/noisy etc etc wheras singaporeans tend to be the fussier and choosier lot....correct me if i am wrong....

I do think it is fussy. It is expectation and is higher now than 10 years ago as the country develops. Looking at the cut in the COE quota for now till 2015 and restricting the no. of carpark lots in the CBD area, garment is really trying to divert people to public transport.
    thats why singapore property market so dynamic everybody got their own view and ideas so developers and agents easy to do business plus it does help that we are such a small island with a very liberal open door policy over the last few years and i do realise that foreigners/prs/people NOT born here tend to be less fussy and more willing to buy apts with less desirable living condotions like small rms/noisy etc etc wheras singaporeans tend to be the fussier and choosier lot....correct me if i am wrong....

Natural mah....ppl always wants better! All gian upgrade rite?

Those foreigners less fussy shd b from third world lah......drive 2hrs to work or walk 30min to take a bus? To them hdb oredi superb liao

Hdb oredi set vy high standard.....in fact more livable and much better layout den condos!

For me, whether with or without MRT is immaterial as long as there are many public transport around, no need to walk 30 mins to the bus-stop, 10-15 mins is still acceptable. More important is there must be food and market around the area because everybody need food to survive, hehe.
    Freehold or 99 years also never mind, afterall a person will not be able to live until so long unless you only want to sell it at the later stage of your life, then I think FH will be better. But nobody knows what will happen in the future unless you already have plan in mind.

LH or FH not so important. The most important issue is the location. If the location is good, developer is prepared to do a lease top up.

What's wrong with D14, even for red-light area, one word or action from the govt can turn D14 into a "safe" place, hehe. . Our govts words are powerful leh.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    What's wrong with D14, even for red-light area, one word or action from the govt can turn D14 into a "safe" place, hehe. . Our govts words are powerful leh.
    hehehe thats the problem. Govt designated geylang to be the red light district ma..... not so easy to shift. All kinds of business mushroom around the district. From food to telephone shops, to fruit stalls, lighting, renovation and lots more.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    Red light district house may be difficult to get housing loan, so goes the resale value.
    http://www.housingloansg.com/web/ind...=161&Itemid=34

Cool

of course it is relevant. If the property is in D15, even if it is far from mrt is immaterial to people who buy D15, but to be able to buy something in D15 and near the mrt (eg. lor g telok kurau), it is a plus point. i think fiat didnt get my point.
    believed u didnt get my point also..
    nobody is interested to know here whether people in d15 gives a shit about taking the mrt or not..
    we are here discussing about LH n FH properties being near or far from mrt..

anyway just to add some personal views:telok kurau does not fetch high price at all compared to other d15 areas(amber,meyer) n imo it is less prestigious also..
    lorong G,M,K or any other lorongs doesnt make a difference at all cos its still far from mrt.

LH next to mrt will be a better choice than a freehold far away from mrt. This is an exception for high-end landed or condo.

As per article in straits time today, i also think our property market is so vibrant as there are many diverse groups of buyers. There is no 1 formula that suits all.

There are buyers for premium HDB resale housing, premium DBSS new launches, EC, OCR premium MRT located development, small development, iconic development, sea view cum highway noise development, Promise of 2nd lvl (loop-hole marketing) Loft units, dual key(like that also can), mickey mouse, lake view,river view, lokang view, ulu forest(greenery) view, highway facing development , and premium CCR prime and "fake" CCR developments.

And all these got 99, 999, FH and most creative 103 yrs(developer become SLA).

All also got buyers one. So end of day, can argue like CCR vs OCR debate, all can be winners, win more or less at a certain point in time.

Property owners are winners in the long run for most of the developments in Singapore. Just look at your uncles and parents. However, there are always exceptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    As per article in straits time today, i also think our property market is so vibrant as there are many diverse groups of buyers. There is no 1 formula that suits all.

There are buyers for premium HDB resale housing, premium DBSS new launches, EC, OCR premium MRT located development, small development, iconic development, sea view cum highway noise development, Promise of 2nd lvl (loop-hold) Loft units, dual key(like that also can), mickey mouse, lake view,river view, lokang view, ulu forest(greenery) view, highway facing development , and premium CCR prime and "fake" CCR developments.

And all these got 99, 999, FH and most creative 103 yrs(developer become SLA).

All also got buyers one. So end of day, can argue like CCR vs OCR debate, all can be winners, win more or less at a certain point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    most creative 103 yrs(developer become SLA). .
    No lah, many years back, Spring Grove was freehold but became 99 LH
    and the perpetual ownership is still by the original owner

Perhaps, someone here can verify my hearsay

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    Red light district house may be difficult to get housing loan, so goes the resale value.
    http://www.housingloansg.com/web/ind...=161&Itemid=34
    But now is different already lah. So many new apartments coming up in Geylang nowadays and with Paya Lebar Hub, things might change.

What is ur take regarding Regent Res compare with upcoming Bedok Central condo in term of capital appreciation?

Distance to mrt and layout : Bedok better.
    Quote Originally Posted by KCT
    What is ur take regarding Regent Res compare with upcoming Bedok Central condo in term of capital appreciation?

[QUOTE=DC33_2008]Distance to mrt and layout : Bedok better

Agree ,......shall see their pricing . Thanks