Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Leasehold near MRT or freehold far from MRT..wats ur choice?

Just bought a 3 bed in Astoria Park . i know its 20 years old but I think its the best I could get in terms of amenities/price.

Quote Originally Posted by singind View Post
    Just bought a 3 bed in Astoria Park . i know its 20 years old but I think its the best I could get in terms of amenities/price.
    I think Astoria Park has more upside potential, as the plot of land beside has been rezoned as Commercial/ residential. Once Paya Lebar airport moved to Changi, that area will have higher building limit.

The prices are slowly moving up and I am so happy by purchasing in this condo. Firstly the cons
    The style of the units are old. May not look as good compared to the ones built after 2000. The residents are mostly from India are other third world countries. But all are professionals who have come here to make a better life for themselves. So in general its quite alright. The pros: Rooms are bigger compared to same sized newer condos. I am getting the extra sleep because I know there is zero walk to the mrt and contrary to what I first thought there is almost no noise in the 3 bed layout. So I get out of the door at 8:35 and in my office at Raffles at 9:00A. To me that is huge. 24 hour fair price and a health way clinic right behind. I have lost weight by using the running track in the open ground next door. Nice 30 min walk along park connector to ECP. The average points: facilities are average, tennis courts are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna View Post
    No lah, many years back, Spring Grove was freehold but became 99 LH
    and the perpetual ownership is still by the original owner

Perhaps, someone here can verify my hearsay
    It is a FH but owned by American govt. So they are smart and give out 99 year old lease at huge profit to them.