Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Bedok Residences (D16, 99 YEARS LH, Capitaland)

The malls getting boring! All the same breadtalk groups of companies and stuffs.

The crowd at bedok mall is really heavy. Will this bring up the value of bedok residences with a successful mall below? And a bus exchange?

Quote Originally Posted by propertychap View Post
    The crowd at bedok mall is really heavy. Will this bring up the value of bedok residences with a successful mall below? And a bus exchange?
    I believe the crowd will get thinner as time goes by, especially after school reopens and with the novelty wearing off. I remember changi city point was very crowded when it was first opened, but now finding a carpark lot and shopping there has become a breeze.

Changi City Point is different from Bedok Residences. CCP caters to those working near Expo and shoppers going to Expo. Bedok Residences is an HDB "hub" and interchange. But ya, shopping malls are getting boring but we have no where to go.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

changi point is super boring right from the start ..
    food selection is ok only ... its only supported by the office crowd now and weekend crowd

bedok mall is different ... bedok mrt and interchange are perpetually packed .. expect the same crowd to go through the mall ... i also find the restaurant and cafe selection much better ..

bedok residence only left 4bedder and penthouse ...
    is the 4 bedder worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro View Post
    I believe the crowd will get thinner as time goes by, especially after school reopens and with the novelty wearing off. I remember changi city point was very crowded when it was first opened, but now finding a carpark lot and shopping there has become a breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by ichigo55 View Post
    changi point is super boring right from the start ..
    food selection is ok only ... its only supported by the office crowd now and weekend crowd

bedok mall is different ... bedok mrt and interchange are perpetually packed .. expect the same crowd to go through the mall ... i also find the restaurant and cafe selection much better ..

bedok residence only left 4bedder and penthouse ...
    is the 4 bedder worth it?
    Ya true... Every time I go to Nex or Vivocity I want to faint, the crowd moving up and down the escalators makes me giddy ...

I see the 4 bedders are still moving, albeit at a very slow rate almost every other month. I know of 1 family who has bought for own stay ... With the mall up, I believe it will help to push the sales further

bedok is the most populous estate in singapore. i went to bedok mall a couple of weeks back on a weekday afternoon. god the crowd is crazy. i vowed never to go back ever again. its so ridiculous and tbh the ppl there arent exactly the atas sort.. a bit of a turn off imho. not trying to be elitist but seriously, i think bedok being an old estate without ever having a shopping centre before - and now with a huge bedok mall and a hawker centre and mrt/bus interchange making it a integrated suburban hub - residents of the area tend to flock there as it is something so new and novel to have a hub across the road from them. good for them as it brings them convenience but as a non resident of bedok myself i wont go back. not for now at least.
    I've had enough. I'm done!!!

what is the difference between centris and bedok mall ?

Centris? It's only x10 much bigger and busier than Bedok Residences. Y? It serves the industry folks and Uni students.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by clemdale24 View Post
    bedok is the most populous estate in singapore. i went to bedok mall a couple of weeks back on a weekday afternoon. god the crowd is crazy. i vowed never to go back ever again. its so ridiculous and tbh the ppl there arent exactly the atas sort.. a bit of a turn off imho. not trying to be elitist but seriously, i think bedok being an old estate without ever having a shopping centre before - and now with a huge bedok mall and a hawker centre and mrt/bus interchange making it a integrated suburban hub - residents of the area tend to flock there as it is something so new and novel to have a hub across the road from them. good for them as it brings them convenience but as a non resident of bedok myself i wont go back. not for now at least.
    " its so ridiculous and tbh the ppl there arent exactly the atas sort.. a bit of a turn off imho."

Dear Sir/Mdm,

Its nice for us people in the heartland to have a big mall near our homes, so that we can save on traveling to town, having to spend more on transport, expensive meals downtown, etc... a lot of us here dont own cars. I have not been a nuisance to the community, and we are alot of us staying here in Bedok, although we are not Atas, dont think we are causing public disturbances. Therefore we are sorry we turned you off, and sad that you will not visit Bedok Mall again.

P/S I am definitely not an elitist.

cheers;

Quote Originally Posted by selespeed5135 View Post
    " its so ridiculous and tbh the ppl there arent exactly the atas sort.. a bit of a turn off imho."

Dear Sir/Mdm,

Its nice for us people in the heartland to have a big mall near our homes, so that we can save on traveling to town, having to spend more on transport, expensive meals downtown, etc... a lot of us here dont own cars. I have not been a nuisance to the community, and we are alot of us staying here in Bedok, although we are not Atas, dont think we are causing public disturbances. Therefore we are sorry we turned you off, and sad that you will not visit Bedok Mall again.

P/S I am definitely not an elitist.

cheers;
    LOL. That is a good one! Well retorted!

Quote Originally Posted by iridrium View Post
    LOL. That is a good one! Well retorted!
    "good for them as it brings them convenience but as a non resident of bedok myself i wont go back. not for now at least."

what i said previously. im happy for the ppl of bedok. they have a mall now. they dont have to flock to parkway. parkway can be left mainly D15 residents then.

"good for them as it brings them convenience but as a non resident of bedok myself i wont go back. not for now at least."

what i said previously. im happy for the ppl of bedok. they have a mall now. they dont have to flock to parkway. parkway can be left mainly D15 residents then.
    Atas people with a 3rd world mind is more turn off imho.

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew View Post
    Centris? It's only x10 much bigger and busier than Bedok Residences. Y? It serves the industry folks and Uni students.

over time the crowd will subside. Centris has 2 malls so the crowd is more widespread.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle View Post
    over time the crowd will subside. Centris has 2 malls so the crowd is more widespread.
    I think Jurong Point is really many times bigger than BM ... and quite a large % of the shoppers are FTs. BM should be more of a headtlanders mall...

Re the topic on atas vs non atas shoppers, I guess those shoppers whom we now see at BM were probably once regular shoppers at Parkway Parade or Tampines Mall too before the opening of BM. Doesn't mean no BM in the past means they din go shopping at all right ? Probably they don't bother to dress up now since BM is just a stone's throw away from their house..

Anyway I am always in polo tee, berms and a pair of flipflops regardless I go BM, parkway or even orchard .....

I think Jurong Point is really many times bigger than BM ... and quite a large % of the shoppers are FTs. BM should be more of a headtlanders mall...

Re the topic on atas vs non atas shoppers, I guess those shoppers whom we now see at BM were probably once regular shoppers at Parkway Parade or Tampines Mall too before the opening of BM. Doesn't mean no BM in the past means they din go shopping at all right ? Probably they don't bother to dress up now since BM is just a stone's throw away from their house..

Anyway I am always in polo tee, berms and a pair of flipflops regardless I go BM, parkway or even orchard .....
    its not the dress code. its the behaviour, the language spoken. i cannot fault one over what he or she wears. one doesnt have to be dressed to the nines to go shopping whether its downstairs from one's home or at ion orchard. but conduct in public will always remain no matter where u go. and at BM.. those heartlanders truly have heartlander behaviour.

its not the dress code. its the behaviour, the language spoken. i cannot fault one over what he or she wears. one doesnt have to be dressed to the nines to go shopping whether its downstairs from one's home or at ion orchard. but conduct in public will always remain no matter where u go. and at BM.. those heartlanders truly have heartlander behaviour.

What I find more scary are people who put up a false front and one wonders what is actually on their minds.

There were quite a few atas people making the news for the wrong reasons in 2013.

What is wrong with being a heartlander? Home is where the heart is isn't it? Ha.

We all have to start somewhere isn't it? In fact, I may not even agree with their behaviour or the kiasu mindset but I can understand why they behave that way. We as a society should progress together and not look down on people that did not have the opportunity you had to progress further. I suggest you stop making these elitist comments cos elitists are not very popular here.

And you must differentiate the true blue Singaporean heartlander and those PRs and foreigners.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Have to agree with clemdale24...
    Behavior has nothing to do with one's nationality, religion, rich or poor, how they wear, elitist or not, etc.
    I have to agree with clemdale 24 that I do find heartland mall people many with bad behaviors and etique...

Quote Originally Posted by iridrium View Post
    What is wrong with being a heartlander? Home is where the heart is isn't it? Ha.

We all have to start somewhere isn't it? In fact, I may not even agree with their behaviour or the kiasu mindset but I can understand why they behave that way. We as a society should progress together and not look down on people that did not have the opportunity you had to progress further. I suggest you stop making these elitist comments cos elitists are not very popular here.

And you must differentiate the true blue Singaporean heartlander and those PRs and foreigners.

being a heartlander doesn't equate to possessing poor social grace or distasteful behaviour. i believe we have all, at some point in time, seen foreigners or "atas" people exhibiting undesirable social traits.

e.g. the infamous ang moh cyclist along keppel/vivo city

i have experienced bad behaviour along orchard road and so too, at upmarket shopping centres. the location doesn't maketh the person and so the behaviour, i believe it's the person who maketh his behaviour and environment.

hence, let's refrain from generalizing or make sweeping statements, lest we fail from the high perchs of grace we hold to.

Snap shot Apr 14

Snap shot Apr 14

nice!

any facebook place for residents?

Snap shot Apr 14

Taken from Blk 417 in Bedok North?

Anyone has a unit at BR? Any potential for capital appreciation? There are still 4 bedders left. Worth investing?

Anyone has a unit at BR? Any potential for capital appreciation? There are still 4 bedders left. Worth investing?

you check out already?

Snap shot 1 Oct 2014

Feb 2015 updates

Nice.... this project is super convenient.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500 View Post
    i like!

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500 View Post
    ya, but this place is really really crowded..noise too..

Hmm..