Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Bedok Residences (D16, 99 YEARS LH, Capitaland)

Min 1400 for bishan...bishan loft already at 1000psf...
    This new project loc and asthetics al better plus new project...

Punggol also has a few launch coming up next year. Should suport mass mkt prices..

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Bishan is another area that hasn't seen a launch in a while. Last one was the other side of Bishan which was TG. The queuers must be crazy knowing that it's probably going to be in the 1400-1500 range based on the land cost they paid.
    Since bedok managed to get some smart alecs into the game, bishan project will pull at higher psf. Bishan bedok - wld majority prefer bishan?

I wld say objectively Bishan is superior in location to town/Orchard.
    Also CapLand would tactically launch the inferior one first (all things equal) - just like per project they launch the lousier units first.

Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    Since bedok managed to get some smart alecs into the game, bishan project will pull at higher psf. Bishan bedok - wld majority prefer bishan?

Quote Originally Posted by gn108
    Also CapLand would tactically launch the inferior one first (all things equal) - just like per project they launch the lousier units first.
    they launch almost everything and just keep a handful of sellable 2bdrs for bedok residence.....all mostly left wif 3/4bdrs for public launch this sat......whahahahahaha

FEO so far got the best marketing tactics

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Incredible!
    First time I see Bedok can sell at $1000 psf (not to mention $1500 psf)!
    D9 at average $2400 psf must have been super under-valued!
    78% are 1 & 2 bedrooms! Aren't we being fed information that OCR caters to families for own stay, why build so many 2 bedrooms and smaller which are not meant for families? What are the real profile of buyers? Couples with no kids or singles or for investment?

Title : Bedok Residences' units sell like hotcakes
    Date : 23 November 2011 2213 hrs (SST)

SINGAPORE : Over three-quarters of Bedok Residences units released for sale were snapped up on the first day of their launch on Wednesday.

The condominium near Bedok Central boasts 583 units, of which 450 were released for sale.

Out of the 350 units sold, 15 per cent are one-bedroom units, 28 per cent are one-bedroom plus study units, 36 per cent are two-bedroom units, 16 per cent are three-bedroom units, 4 per cent are four-bedroom units and 1 per cent are penthouses.

Units are priced between S$1,100 and S$1,500 per square foot.

While the price of a unit is higher than most properties in the east, buyers said they did not mind due to its location in the mature estate.

"It's in Bedok, I grew up here. It's also located at Bedok Central, so it's pretty convenient," said a potential buyer.

"It's the location. We have an MRT nearby, a bus terminal, and it's relatively near to town and the airport," said another.

Co-developer CapitaLand Residential Singapore said most buyers rushed in to make their selection without even viewing the showrooms.

Bedok Residences is an integrated development, with homes built atop a shopping mall and an upcoming transportation hub.

The project has attracted some attention, not least because of queues that had formed since Sunday as units are sold on a first-come-first-served basis.

Some prospective buyers and agents had also hired students to stand in line.

Marketing agent ERA Realty maintained that in hiring the teenagers, it did not flout any labour laws.

- CNA/cc/ms
    Last edited by teddybear; 24-11-11 at 10:39.

now property markets are driven by where buyers were grow up ....

not many ppl grew up Tanjung Rhu, no wonder price is not moving at all. Kudo to Bedok - price is higher then Tanjung Rhu

Tg Rhu is 99LH and got Indians who love the area....

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle

not many ppl grew up Tanjung Rhu, no wonder price is not moving at all. Kudo to Bedok - price is higher then Tanjung Rhu

tanjong rhu dun hf doorstep mrt/mall/interchange

shd only compare projects like centris and CH?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Incredible!
    What are the real profile of buyers? Couples with no kids or singles or for investment?
    mostly bot for investment.....they bot without seeing the showflat and just grab watever is leftover and swallowadable

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    mostly bot for investment.....they bot without seeing the showflat and just grab watever is leftover and swallowadable
    like vultures munching on whatever left...they interview aunties..i think mostly local

the one in bishan doesn't have an integrated mall....but it comes with a Salman design..

tanjong rhu dun hf doorstep mrt/mall/interchange

shd only compare projects like centris and CH?
    Tg Rhu got free shuttle bus to Stadium mrt circle line. See quite many angmo expat take...

Quote Originally Posted by mcmlxxvi
    Tg Rhu got free shuttle bus to Stadium mrt circle line. See quite many angmo expat take...
    shuttle timing 20-30mins apart and ends at 9pm rite?

shuttle timing 20-30mins apart and ends at 9pm rite?
    Aiyo you good leh! :-)

the one in bishan doesn't have an integrated mall....but it comes with a Salman design..
    Junction 8 is very nearby. Plus there's a NTUC finest.

Bishan has alot of condos in the central of the town though. Bedok has none hence alot of demand for those that want to stay in a condo at Bedok central.

Rental wise, it's also possible to target both Raffles City/Suntec and Changi Business crowd whereas Bishan has only Raffles City/Suntec to target? Cheaper for the FT to cab or take MRT direct from airport. Bishan is not the most convenient/friendly place to drive to even if it's almost right smack in the middle of the country. CTE is just terrible compared to ECP.

i think both are equal in terms classness.

But timing of launch is different.

Quote Originally Posted by Worsty
    Bishan has alot of condos in the central of the town though. Bedok has none hence alot of demand for those that want to stay in a condo at Bedok central.

Rental wise, it's also possible to target both Raffles City/Suntec and Changi Business crowd whereas Bishan has only Raffles City/Suntec to target? Cheaper for the FT to cab or take MRT direct from airport. Bishan is not the most convenient/friendly place to drive to even if it's almost right smack in the middle of the country. CTE is just terrible compared to ECP.

....and bedok traffic is smooth? try driving during peak hour...sama sama lah

Driving factor for scramble is ?
    1) Integrated mall - shopping mall & bus station at doorstep
    2) singaporeans hv too much $$$. Just buy lor
    3) upgraders drive surrounded by HDBs
    4) herd mentality. Everyone is buying and own condo
    5) can rent out and enjoy freebies carpark swimming pool free water free use of gym
    6) I grew up here and near to parents or inlaws

Driving factor for scramble is ?
    1) Integrated mall - shopping mall & bus station at doorstep
    2) singaporeans hv too much $$$. Just buy lor
    3) upgraders drive surrounded by HDBs
    4) herd mentality. Everyone is buying and own condo
    5) can rent out and enjoy freebies carpark swimming pool free water free use of gym
    6) I grew up here and near to parents or inlaws
    4) all condo owners r herds? Lol

CapLand happy - we all say both good. So sure sell ma...
    CTE is terrible - I agree but ECP fast catching up with all the units.
    But Bishan closer to town/Orchard - so on that basis I rank Bishan.
    Bedok residences is also pretty dense ...plot ratio high but height restriction - reminds me of the Dakota project.

Quote Originally Posted by Worsty

Br dense meh? About 50-60m apart leh...How abt luxurie, att?

I didn't go down...I just assess by plot and height restriction. BAsically seems not much for landscaping. But people seem happy to buy and really can't get closer to the MRT than this. So for that reason it's a good buy. Very difficult to find condos within 300m to MRT.

Br dense meh? About 50-60m apart leh...How abt luxurie, att?

I didn't go down...I just assess by plot and height restriction. BAsically seems not much for landscaping. But people seem happy to buy and really can't get closer to the MRT than this. So for that reason it's a good buy. Very difficult to find condos within 300m to MRT.
    i wld rather pay a premium for
    1) 300m to the beach/sea
    2) 300m to a reservoir (with no dead bodies)
    3) 300m to rivers (glamourised longkangs)
    4) 300m to mountain/hill
    5) 300m to forest

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy
    i wld rather pay a premium for
    1) 300m to the beach/sea
    2) 300m to a reservoir (with no dead bodies)
    3) 300m to rivers (glamourised longkangs)
    4) 300m to mountain/hill
    5) 300m to forest

U shd sign on lah! Army camps mostly next to forested birds dun lay eggs area....and free stay....lol!

U shd sign on lah! Army camps mostly next to forested birds dun lay eggs area....and free stay....lol!
    HAHAHAHA! yah, i shld start asking developers to acquire empty plots next to these military forested land! niche and RARE!!!! appreciated by bird-lovers!!! kekekeke

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy
    HAHAHAHA! yah, i shld start asking developers to acquire empty plots next to these military forested land! niche and RARE!!!! appreciated by bird-lovers!!! kekekeke
    no need so troublesome, just buy one unit in Waterview! less than 900psf, you can have nice brand new condo unit which less than 300m to reservior (dont worry, already clean liao hahaha )

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Bedok residences plot ratio 3.5
    Height only 15 storeys! Ops!

If based on 15 storeys height limit in other places, plot ratio can only be max 1.8 !!! That means this estate not much land for facilities! No wonder only 1 tennis court to 583 units, small pool & little other facilities!

CapLand happy - we all say both good. So sure sell ma...
    CTE is terrible - I agree but ECP fast catching up with all the units.
    But Bishan closer to town/Orchard - so on that basis I rank Bishan.
    Bedok residences is also pretty dense ...plot ratio high but height restriction - reminds me of the Dakota project.

You got it...
    But trade-off ma...location for density...

How is the show-flat? Finishing?
    Layout looks ordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Bedok residences plot ratio 3.5
    Height only 15 storeys! Ops!

If based on 15 storeys height limit in other places, plot ratio can only be max 1.8 !!! That means this estate not much land for facilities! No wonder only 1 tennis court to 583 units, small pool & little other facilities!

Good for people with condos in Bedok and Kembangan. Prices will be pushed up?