Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456781318 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hillier (D23, 99LH, FEO)

The love is for young couples and singles.
    No playground. No way kids can cycle ard. Pool n BBQ pavilions nice. One of the best. Ground floor units have no privacy.

What about hillier?
    Jumping to buy without thinking of whether u will stay there with comfort, will backfire.

i wonder if this point has been raised but feo seems to have a knack for coming up with queer names...

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Hillvista is largely NS facing leh. Afternoon sun is some other Hillview condos.

I guess FEO can harp on the fact this is the tallest condo in Hillview. 26 floor right? The rest of the FH condos all limited to 10 floor. But it also means the plot ratio of the rest of the condos might be revised upwards in the future. SG govt really one kind. As long as 99LH, the plot ratio suddenly much higher than the FH beside. So it appears plot ratio has nothing to to with urban planning and height controls but profit maximisation.
    Yes yes govt very clever. Rent the land to u for 99 years. Rent many many. Maximise land usage

Received SMS that ALL units LESS than 1mil lol

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    Yes yes govt very clever. Rent the land to u for 99 years. Rent many many. Maximise land usage
    i asked earlier why LH99
    gahmen wants to control landbanks. near to expiry, they will still have a say. although not tested, what happens end of 99 yrs? in other countries, lease renewal requires fee payment equivalent to market price then.

over time, property prices on uptrend. the difference will definitely be for the gahmen. same in any country with LH land

on the other extreme....if all land gahmen sell are FH....our town plan will be messy. every private developer (incldg foreign ones) will later do as they please - unless there are still approvals to be sought from gahmen
    lose of control - later majority of landbanks owned by foreign companies

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    Received SMS that ALL units LESS than 1mil lol

what are the smallest and largest unit size?
    i know they have 1 BR to 2+1 BR units
    so even below $1m for a unit less than 1000 sq ft, i find it unattractive for LH.

Hillvista FH 2BR doing at 1000+psf

Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    what are the smallest and largest unit size?
    i know they have 1 BR to 2+1 BR units
    so even below $1m for a unit less than 1000 sq ft, i find it unattractive for LH.

Hillvista FH 2BR doing at 1000+psf
    yah if it's like 500sqft for 800,000 i think it's dumb.

but if it's 500sqft for 600,000 then it's sweet. kekeke

Dtrax didn't say
    Anyone knows? I want to know if feo marketing agent is working smarter and harder to grab liquidity from market.

Very intense competition among marketing agents and developers
    If I'm in their position I will be pulling my hair to see how can offload stocks

Queueing ppl won't work effectively there are better options ......quick and fast

Dtrax didn't say
    Anyone knows? I want to know if feo marketing agent is working smarter and harder to grab liquidity from market.

Very intense competition among marketing agents and developers
    If I'm in their position I will be pulling my hair to see how can offload stocks

Queueing ppl won't work effectively there are better options ......quick and fast
    i would say...if it is priced to sell according to market conditions, it WILL sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy
    i would say...if it is priced to sell according to market conditions, it WILL sell.
    i don't think so - compared to foresque, this one's timing is out

i don't think so - compared to foresque, this one's timing is out
    ya so developers have to sell it cheaper la...if price is attractive, people will bite. but looking at all the crazy prices now i also dunno what it means by 'cheap'.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastboy
    ya so developers have to sell it cheaper la...if price is attractive, people will bite. but looking at all the crazy prices now i also dunno what it means by 'cheap'.

One buddy who stays in hillview area told me that tent is so quiet.
    No crowd
    Or everyone is waiting for buffet spread

Hillier - < $1000 psf
    Bedok - $1300psf

Both LH

other than factors of in laws nearby, near MRT, son/daughter going to nearby schools - which would you buy for investment

driving distance to orchard.... which one is shorter

according to the agent, the 1+1 bedroom will be ~ 1350psf

The showflat is not ready and it's not launched yet. The tent is just to pass brochures and brief passerbys. It's not a high human traffic area. I think this is targeting a different crowd from Bedok Residences, even though pricing might be similar. Hillier is probably targeting the crowd living in the Hillview/Upper Bukit Timah/Chestnut area with private addresses. Bedok Residences on the other hand has significant catchment in Bedok - mainly upgraders.

One buddy who stays in hillview area told me that tent is so quiet.
    No crowd
    Or everyone is waiting for buffet spread

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    The showflat is not ready and it's not launched yet. The tent is just to pass brochures and brief passerbys. It's not a high human traffic area. I think this is targeting a different crowd from Bedok Residences, even though pricing might be similar. Hillier is probably targeting the crowd living in the Hillview/Upper Bukit Timah/Chestnut area with private addresses. Bedok Residences on the other hand has significant catchment in Bedok - mainly upgraders.
    Doesn't matter if it's show flat or brochure or briefing area, traffic will pass through.

Probably you are right on target market....bedok up graders used to LH
    Hillview surrounding condos, all used to FH. No interest since many choices

the preview has started as I was invited. Free high tea...haha

This one lost on grabbing market liquidity to capitaland
    They have to throw in abalone

I think not preview or launched yet, just "showcase". With Bedok selling like hot cakes and sucking up liquidity, I think FEO must wait for a while to release this. Hillview is not like Bedok or Bishan or Tampines with a huge HDB catchment. Also historically 99LH in a FH land catchment private residential area doesn't sell as well.

Default History

It looks like Far East Organization is the winner in the fight for this lucrative plot of land along Hillview Avenue. The developer out-bid 11 others for this 99-year leasehold residential/commercial plot of land very close to the upcoming Downtown Line Hillview MRT station.

They bid $289.78m or $672.61 psf ppr for the land, of which up to 15% of it can be used for commercial purposes. Coming in a close second was Sing Holdings and Fragrance Group who lose out by a mere $7.5m.

Analysts suggest a breakeven cost of around $1,100 psf and we think the selling price could be close to the $1,300 mark. But knowing Far East, for all you know it could go past the $1,500psf mark!

http://www.h88.com.sg/article/12+bid...w+Avenue+plot/
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Default History

Hillview Avenue was Singapore 's largest site for Selective En bloc Redevelopment Scheme, or SERS in short, under the Housing and Development Board (HDB). SERS was announced for Hillview in March 1999, and was swiftly followed by a survey conducted in June 1999 by HDB. 1,364 lessees, or 86% of the total Hillview flat lessees responded to the survey, and 1,178 lessees, or 86%, of those who responded indicated their support for the scheme. Majority of the Hillview residents were then relocated to Goodview Gardens at Bukit Batok West Avenue 5.

Residential
    With the last HDB flats demolished in 2005, Hillview is moulded into a private estate with over 18 private condominiums, which are largely freehold or on 999-years lease, and an assortment of aged landed property.

http://www.streetdirectory.com/trave...5/hillview.php

Default History

Princess Elizabeth Estate, which was located near Hillview Avenue's Elizabeth Drive, was built around 1951 to commemorate the wedding of Princess Elizabeth (later Queen Elizabeth II) to Prince Philip (the Duke of Edinburgh) in 1947.

Residences @ Hillview
    There was also Housing Development Board (HDB) estates built around 1979 at the north end of Hillview, with a community centre, a wet market, a hawker centre and some neighbourhood shops. In 1999, the government announced that the HDB estate would be relocated to Bukit Gombak via the largest Selective En-bloc Redevelopment Scheme (SERS). The residents started the relocation in 2003-2005. By late 2005, the HDB estates were demolished.

Courtesy of Redstone from Skyscrapercity forum

i doubt this Mall will be successful....nowadays Malls must be right beside/on top of MRT

I think concept different. This mall is more for giving convenience to the residents in the area - not meant to be the crowded integrated bus interchange type like mature HDB estates like Jurong Point or Bishan or Bedok. Must remember there are different segments of the markets. Some prefer to stay above bus interchange with hordes of teenage crowd coming every weekend. Some others may prefer some peace and quiet near greenery while still having some convenience at the doorstep. More "yuppie" than "HDB upgrader" target. Singapore is made up of 80% HDB and 20% private. Obviously the HDB upgrader market is way larger. But being 99LH is a disadvantage here. Just like d'Leedon is not moving like Bedok Residences. Most HDB upgraders are not particular about LH vs FH.

something like sembawang shopping ctr? not crowded and away from mrt....

gd for nearby residents but may not be gd for landlord and tenants....

Will the next project be THE HILLIEST?

The development inhabitants will be known as the Hillier-Hillbillies.

Name: The Hillier
    Developer Far East Organization
    Tenure: 99-year leasehold
    District: 23
    Site Area: 153,863.84 sqft
    Est. TOP: TBA
    No of Towers: 2
    No of Storeys: 23, 36
    No of Units 528
    No of Carpark Lots: 726 multiple storey car park

Tower 1 - New York
    1 Bedroom: 474 - 503sqft
    1 + 1 Bedroom: 514 - 564 sqft
    2 + 1 Bedroom 697 - 727 sqft

Tower 2 - London
    1 Bedroom 502 - 510 sqft
    1 + 1 Bedroom 535 - 553 sqft
    2 + 1 Bedroom 690 - 731 sqft

sounds like a $17xx psf project, since seawind in telok kurau launched for $16xx psf with no mrt, no amenities, no bus-stop, no nothing....

What London New York... Wannabe. Sillier