Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456781318232833 ... LastLast

Thread: The Palette (D18, 99 years leasehold, CDL)

[QUOTE=sotidy]Balcony? NV units do not have balcony.

You can also go to the project site and see if there are any 'balconies' as all the stacks are already being built and 6 of them almost reaching the top floor.
    Last edited by sotidy; 08-11-11 at 19:55. Reason: Repeated posting

[quote=sotidy]
    Quote Originally Posted by sotidy
    Balcony? NV units do not have balcony.

You can also go to the project site and see if there are any 'balconies' as all the stacks are already being built and 6 of them almost reaching the top floor.
    sorry my bad. didn't study the NV schematics in detail. saw many diagrams with huge PES at first glance only to realize that these are ground floor units.

[QUOTE=eng81157]

sorry my bad. didn't study the NV schematics in detail. saw many diagrams with huge PES at first glance only to realize that these are ground floor units.
    That's right. Those are PES units.

To summarise:
    Livia: Some/most units have 2 planter areas, launched at much lower psfs. Quantum is lowest.
    NV: Units have 1 lesser planter area than Livia, sizes are hence smaller but with lower psf. Quantum larger than Livia by averagely 100k (or so).
    Palette: Similar layout to NV (except for small differences like smaller toilets). Slightly smaller in size but slightly higher psf. Quantum should be similar to NV.

[quote=sotidy]
    Quote Originally Posted by eng81157

That's right. Those are PES units.

To summarise:
    Livia: Some/most units have 2 planter areas, launched at much lower psfs. Quantum is lowest.
    NV: Units have 1 lesser planter area than Livia, sizes are hence smaller but with lower psf. Quantum larger than Livia by averagely 100k (or so).
    Palette: Similar layout to NV (except for small differences like smaller toilets). Slightly smaller in size but slightly higher psf. Quantum should be similar to NV.
    you sound like an expert! may i consult you on this matter?

palette's 4BR (dual-key) is slightly smaller and has 3 junior master bedrooms, whereas NV's 4BR is bigger but has only 2 junior master bedrooms.

where did NV's extra space go to?

[QUOTE=eng81157]

palette's 4BR (dual-key) is slightly smaller and has 3 junior master bedrooms, whereas NV's 4BR is bigger but has only 2 junior master bedrooms.

Urmm...just a normal peasant. Definitely not an expert. As for your question, I will answer it later (currently busy).

[QUOTE=eng81157]

Palette 4BR-DK (130sqm) vs NV 4BR (135sqm)
    1. Bedroom 1 and Bedroom 2 identical size.
    2. NV's MBR toilet has extra shower area and bay window area (at least 5sqm more space taken up). MBR identical size.
    3. NV's living room slightly bigger than Palette. This accounts for the space Palette has for foyer.
    4. NV's Bedroom 3 + Bath 2 is about the same as Palette's Studio /w toilet.

in pasir ris over next few years a few THOUSAND units coming up...CLEARLY an oversupply situation...be careful...be VERY careful...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    in pasir ris over next few years a few THOUSAND units coming up...CLEARLY an oversupply situation...be careful...be VERY careful...
    Few thousands units yes there are facts to qualify this statement but 'CLEARLY an oversupply situation' -> How do you know its oversupply? What is your definition of oversupply?

Nett of the day, buyers or sellers just need to get and understand the facts and make an an informed decision.

yup, fully aware of the situation. palette itself has close to 900 units

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    yup, fully aware of the situation. palette itself has close to 900 units
    About 892 to be specific.
    Developer: City Developments Limited / Hong Leong Holdings Ltd / Hong Realty (Private) Ltd
    Architect: AXIS Architects Planners Pte Ltd
    Structural Engineer: Parsons Brinckerhoff Pte Ltd
    M & E Engineer: Meinhardt (Singapore) Pte Ltd
    Landscape Consultant: Sitetectonix Pte Ltd
    Quality Surveyor: Davis Langdon & Seah Singapore Pte Ltd
    Project Manager: CDL Management Services Pte Ltd
    ESD Consultant: Arup Singapore Pte Ltd

About 892 to be specific.
    Developer: City Developments Limited / Hong Leong Holdings Ltd / Hong Realty (Private) Ltd
    Architect: AXIS Architects Planners Pte Ltd
    Structural Engineer: Parsons Brinckerhoff Pte Ltd
    M & E Engineer: Meinhardt (Singapore) Pte Ltd
    Landscape Consultant: Sitetectonix Pte Ltd
    Quality Surveyor: Davis Langdon & Seah Singapore Pte Ltd
    Project Manager: CDL Management Services Pte Ltd
    ESD Consultant: Arup Singapore Pte Ltd
    CDL losing money oops
    Affordable means small

Quote Originally Posted by yjcai
    CDL losing money oops
    Huh? Your statement is based on ___ and your facts are from____?
    CDL losing money on this project?
    Last edited by sotidy; 10-11-11 at 20:14.

The downside of this project is tat there is a chance cdl might slash down px to 6xxpsf if debt crisis worsen....livia launch px 6xxpsf....so 6xxpsf cdl still make decent profit

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    The downside of this project is tat there is a chance cdl might slash down px to 6xxpsf if debt crisis worsen....livia launch px 6xxpsf....so 6xxpsf cdl still make decent profit
    This forum seems to be more concern with the $ aspect of properties rather than sharing information about properties/projects.

Recession and boom are cyclical in nature. Not everyone wants to ride on the waves as the transactional costs are high.

Any developer can slash prices to move their units, especially for listed companies and when their balance sheets are weakening or when they need to raise cash for whatever reason. Major exception is FEO where they are not answerable to their shareholders since they are not public listed. (Of course, they have 2 subsidiaries listed).

Actually even 5xxpsf can make very good profit for CDL for this project bearing in mind the original land cost (which is close to nothing) etc.

So in what way is CDL losing money?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

Anyway, history has shown that CDL did drop price from ave 680psf (during initial launch) for Livia to about ave 610psf during Feb 2009. They call it valentine's special...if I did not remember wrongly

Actually it is quite ok for its land size.

The Minton
    472378sqft - 1150 units
    The Palette
    461315sqft - 892 units
    NV residence
    328110sqft - 642 units

Anyway, history has shown that CDL did drop price from ave 680psf (during initial launch) for Livia to about ave 610psf during Feb 2009. They call it valentine's special...if I did not remember wrongly
    This one: 5% discount
    http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Love+i...unt+for+Livia/

Huh? Your statement is based on ___ and your facts are from____?
    CDL losing money on this project?
    City Develpments Ltd (CDL) has posted a 32.4 per cent year-on-year drop in third quarter net profit to $132.1 million.
    Revenue rose 8.1 per cent year on year to $805.8 million for the third quarter ended Sept 30, 2011
    'Despite the increased contribution from the property development segment, the group's profit decreased as a result of lower contribution from rental properties following the disposal of non-core investment properties in 2010 and early part of 2011 as well as the absence of gains from dilution of investment in CDL Hospitality Trusts (CDLHT) following a CDLHT private placement in July 2010.
    'In addition, higher recognition of net unrealised losses arising from fair value readjustments of the group's trading securities as a result of the adverse movements in global financial markets had also affected the performance of this quarter,' CDL said in its results statement issued on Friday evening.
    For the nine months ended Sept 30, 2011, group net profit increased 17 per cent to $635.3 million.
    Source: Business Times Breaking News

Sorry forgot must be credible. Unlike luxury segment where SC global and Koh brothers profits go sky high. So I was wondering if mass market segment developers making enough money at market pricing.
    Affordable means small

Default More

Koh Brothers Group Limited on Thursday announced that its net profit for third quarter ended Sep 30, 2011 surged by 215 per cent to S$13.08 million from a year ago.
    Sales increased by 35 per cent from a year ago to S$117.68 million, arising mainly from the real estate division.
    The substantial increase in real estate sales was mainly due to revision of accounting treatment to recognise revenue and profit upon completion on residential development projects for property units sold under deferred payment scheme.
    For the first half of this year, visitor arrivals to Singapore grew by 15 per cent which helped hotels to improve their occupancy and room rates. The company hence expects this trend to continue for the rest of 2011.
    It also expects the level of construction activity in Singapore to remain strong, especially for infrastructure and public building projects.
    Affordable means small

for those interested the website is up - http://www.the-palette.com.sg/

a quite calculation will put the price from 900 psf onwards, according to early bird price on the website.

quote from website 'it is minutes walk to Pasir Ris MRT & adjacent to White Sands Shopping Mall.'

definitely not 'adjacent', if what i learnt in pri sch math is still correct. n a quick measurement on google map puts the distance at 500m from mrt via roads. my mum confirmed cannot make the distance for her routine groceries.

but i think we should be used to marketing tactics by now

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Yup...thereabout.

Quote Originally Posted by yjcai
    City Develpments Ltd (CDL) has posted a 32.4 per cent year-on-year drop in third quarter net profit to $132.1 million.
    Revenue rose 8.1 per cent year on year to $805.8 million for the third quarter ended Sept 30, 2011
    'Despite the increased contribution from the property development segment, the group's profit decreased as a result of lower contribution from rental properties following the disposal of non-core investment properties in 2010 and early part of 2011 as well as the absence of gains from dilution of investment in CDL Hospitality Trusts (CDLHT) following a CDLHT private placement in July 2010.
    'In addition, higher recognition of net unrealised losses arising from fair value readjustments of the group's trading securities as a result of the adverse movements in global financial markets had also affected the performance of this quarter,' CDL said in its results statement issued on Friday evening.
    For the nine months ended Sept 30, 2011, group net profit increased 17 per cent to $635.3 million.

Sorry forgot must be credible. Unlike luxury segment where SC global and Koh brothers profits go sky high. So I was wondering if mass market segment developers making enough money at market pricing.
    Actually, if you are interested, you should go analyse the developers in detail. During the previous crisis, there are indeed 2-3 listed developers (CDL not one of them) whose balance sheet can sustain 3 to 4 quarters ...but due to the sharp turnaround, all emerged much stronger. Unless there's a very serious and prolonged crisis (>1year), else developers will still be making money (maybe just less money) and not losses lah. Don't forget most of them still have backlog of multiple projects to recognise their revenues.

Quote Originally Posted by gav108
    for those interested the website is up - http://www.the-palette.com.sg/

a quite calculation will put the price from 900 psf onwards, according to early bird price on the website.

quote from website 'it is minutes walk to Pasir Ris MRT & adjacent to White Sands Shopping Mall.'

definitely not 'adjacent', if what i learnt in pri sch math is still correct. n a quick measurement on google map puts the distance at 500m from mrt via roads. my mum confirmed cannot make the distance for her routine groceries.

but i think we should be used to marketing tactics by now
    Actually, if interested (i.e. the person who buy should have some need, be it for self-stay or investment, though most likely people who bought after the 4 year SSD are more likely to be for self-stay) just go to the preview and check out the actual price. I have seen a few price range for this project. All "talk only" mah.....see the actual then is real.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Actually it is quite ok for its land size.

The Minton
    472378sqft - 1150 units
    The Palette
    461315sqft - 892 units
    NV residence
    328110sqft - 642 units

Actually as long as one feels comfortable, its ok lor

Default from CDL's results announcement 10/11/2011

This weekend, the Group will be previewing its latest 892-unit joint venture residential development known as The Palette. Located near Pasir Ris MRT, apartments will be attractively priced at an early bird average price of $870 per square foot, ranging from $561,000 for a 1-bedroom to $1.8 million for a penthouse. For phase 1 of this preview, a good selection of unit types will be released.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    This weekend, the Group will be previewing its latest 892-unit joint venture residential development known as The Palette. Located near Pasir Ris MRT, apartments will be attractively priced at an early bird average price of $870 per square foot, ranging from $561,000 for a 1-bedroom to $1.8 million for a penthouse. For phase 1 of this preview, a good selection of unit types will be released.
    This (ave S$870psf) is exactly the mid-point of what I predicted (abt 1 mth back) of the early bird price range (ave $860psf - ave $880psf) in the NV thread.

For people who are interested, just go and take a look as the real price is likely to be lower than the above 'indicative' price. At the above pricing, CDL should be able to move >100 units at first launch because the pricing is affordable (psf higher but size smaller so quantumn affordable). So if the location, design and pricing suits your requirement, congratulations.
    For people who are not interested, continue to condemn the location, price, project.

My opinion for this project is this project is a 'normal' project (nothing spectacular in terms of design or facilities nor is it priced ridiculously high). Yes, there are a lot of supplies but that doesn't mean everyone will just sit and wait for 'the crash' to come.

indeed what i consider a normal ocr project too. what i cannot stand are the marketing tactics n illusions. prices have stabilised, but still inching up, which is fine.

i prefer how the new bedok reservoir condo is marketed - clearly the artist's impression show that none of the units will get a reservoir view despite being next to it, due to tall trees and slope. even the agent honestly said that reservoir view is highly unlikely.

anyway most should be buying to stay, so most important to consider budget and personal location n spatial needs, instead of usual complaints about bomb shelter, small rooms etc. but charging for huge ac ledges n drying ledges is still a no-no

is it a gd price?

Quote Originally Posted by flagship74
    is it a gd price?
    not sure, i'm in two minds personally. considering to get a unit for staying but gut feeling is that it's gonna be sucky from an investment or rental viewpoint.

if don't stay, i have to compete with thousands of units for rental. throw in depreciation costs due to its leasehold status

Quote Originally Posted by gav108
    indeed what i consider a normal ocr project too. what i cannot stand are the marketing tactics n illusions. prices have stabilised, but still inching up, which is fine.

i prefer how the new bedok reservoir condo is marketed - clearly the artist's impression show that none of the units will get a reservoir view despite being next to it, due to tall trees and slope. even the agent honestly said that reservoir view is highly unlikely.

anyway most should be buying to stay, so most important to consider budget and personal location n spatial needs, instead of usual complaints about bomb shelter, small rooms etc. but charging for huge ac ledges n drying ledges is still a no-no
    Make the decision based on the facts and not the marketing. This is similar to other things in life. Whether the agent is honest or not has got nothing much to do with the project itself right? You buy the project, not buy the agent's words right?